Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

1. Post #251

Silver Member
    Thanks

Default Re: URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

Hey Sagi

Let me be the first to wish you Happy Tday. Any day off is a happy one! Got my wiskey ready when you are! LOL

Q I think I saw you at "all that glitters" from time to time, but I'm getting a message "invalid forum", contact administrator, but that gets no response also. Any idea what happened? I have my own suspicions. Hope not.

2. Post #252

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat panther View Post
    Hey Sagi

Let me be the first to wish you Happy Tday. Any day off is a happy one! Got my wiskey ready when you are! LOL

Q I think I saw you at "all that glitters" from time to time, but I'm getting a message "invalid forum", contact administrator, but that gets no response also. Any idea what happened? I have my own suspicions. Hope not.
    Happy TG day to you to FP. I am looking forward to a break after a sudden rebellion in the house has me going out for a long weekend hence the early posting also for convenience sake.
    Make it a quadruple single malt and I will join you my friend. Any time! Whisky is an open invitation. The coffee article will be posted later today.
    No I have not been on that site that you mentioned.
    Regds
    SAGI

3. Post #253

Thanks

Red face Re: URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

China nuclear program boosts uranium producers
    Monday, 22 Nov 2010

Reuters reported that after weathering a tough Q3, Canada's uranium producers are looking at much brighter prospects as their shares surge spot uranium prices jump and growing demand for nuclear fuel pushes expansion into overdrive.

Not surprisingly, China is driving the underlying trend. Its ambitious program of building nuclear power plants promises double digit growth in demand for uranium a trend that should benefit Canada's established producers and juniors alike. In addition, the Asian superpower could prompt a round of mergers and acquisitions as it looks for ways to control the supply of uranium needed to feed its fleet of reactors.

Global uranium demand is expected to grow 32% by 2015, according to RBC Capital Markets, a forecast that already has share prices climbing. Analysts are urging investors to jump on the bandwagon and buy shares of Cameco, Uranium One, Paladin Energy and other industry stalwarts.

Mr Edward Sterck analyst of BMO Capital Markets said that over the next 10 years without a shadow of a doubt, we're going to need significant expansions in uranium production. By 2010, China aims to produce between 80 GW and 112 GW of electricity from nuclear power up from a current capacity of just 11 GW. In order to start and fuel those new reactors it will need to buy an additional 82 million pounds of uranium. In 2010, total global production for uranium is estimated to be about 187 million pounds. Annual demand is estimated at 190 million pounds.

He said that in terms of the producers pick one that has a high degree of exposure to spot prices. There may be price spikes. Uranium spot prices have risen nearly 44% since June hitting USD 58.50 per pound this week. This momentum has helped push shares in Uranium One up as much as 142% while Paladin has risen almost 60% and Cameco 66%.

Mr Sterck said that in nearly every other commodity, China's gone out there and bought assets to ensure that they have some form of captured supply. They haven't done that in uranium yet. Juniors are a prime target, as they are cheaper and have longer timelines to get into production which meshes well with China's nuclear rollout.

He doesn't rule out a mid tier producer being gobbled up by China or a diversified miner with uranium interests. He sees Paladin which has no majority shareholder as a prime takeover target. While he says the climate is ripe for mergers, he emphasizes that higher uranium prices will drive any deal making. Higher prices will boost the value on projects that companies had put on the back burner after spot prices tumbled from a peak of about USD 135 per pound in 2007.

Analysts are calling for spot prices to average around USD 65 a pound in 2011, but there are still risks for investors looking to add uranium producers to their portfolio. Most of the demand is long term and much of the future supply is located in politically unstable regions of the world.

4. Post #254

Thanks

Wink Re: URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

ALL THE WORLDS A STAGE, AND WE MERELY PLAYERS.

Good morning! Its thanks giving. Time to reflect on everything that really matters to us. Perhaps in my own quirky way. Lets grab some whisky and add some coffee. I am in a real twisted mood this morning, perhaps an aspirin or two just for later…. I will get around to that…… before that….

What happens when you have a million dollars promissory note from an out of town buyer who has given every other town guy a smaller one but you are the largest creditor and you suddenly don’t trust the guy to pay up?

You can either go to the issuer and tell him, to which he replies that its official and there is nothing you can do about it and you will simply have to wait till the due date to collect

OR you could go to all the town guys and shout out that its not worth the paper its printed on

OR you could quietly start to give your own promissory notes based on the one you are holding for real goods. You realize you are the biggest creditor and therefore you stand to loose the most. Its not worth while shouting because no one will accept your promissory note. So you probably keep quiet and pray like hell that the promise will be kept or you start issuing it out to others quietly.

What are you going to buy? Not the same stuff you sold? Are you? Probably something you can use to make something out of it and make a profit. If you were a wheat farmer you certainly will not go back and get wheat, probably some machinery, or diversify into cattle or something else maybe general merchandise but certainly not what you produced. You got to do it quietly but you are the biggest guy in town everyone is watching you so what are you going to do? As long as your promissory notes are the same as the ones you were issued (dollars in this case) you are ok.

If you tell the guy you don’t trust him and he happens to be your biggest customer, he may stop purchasing from you. That’s going to be bad for next years crop. So you are in a tight position. A rock and a hard place.

So you quietly begin to distribute what you consider as debt to others, who believe it’s good credit. In turn you purchase some farm land on offer some machinery etc. Eventually after a few months you have got rid of the debt you perceived.

Now imagine if you will a government that has promissory notes that are worth 2.6 trillion dollars and they don’t believe the party is going to make good of them. What do they do? If they call the bluff they loose, if they keep quiet they loose. The only option is to pass it on. Its pass the parcel just in smaller packages. Here is an article to begin with. http://www.steelguru.com/metals_news...es/176110.html

They can’t pass on a huge amount because they will be noticed so they pass on very small packages and pray like hell that no one notices what they are doing. Strangely enough this is not the first time its been done in history. Hitler did something similar, Germany bought huge amounts of raw materials prior to the second world war issuing such notes against the mark with no intention to honor them. I guess he was banking on the invasion and a lot of suppliers probably lost a lot of money. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_706742.html
    Here is a proper history and the similarities between what is occurring in the US and what happened in Germany.
    http://www.usagold.com/germannightmare.html

Sometimes a magician has to keep it so simple that everyone misses it. Some of the best illusions in the world are simplicity itself. The Chinese are good at that.

The dollar agenda has been around for a very long time. It did not start just now; It started a long time ago.

He who controls the currency effectively controls the world. If you control it you effectively control everything it buys. You control the rates, you control the ability to manipulate what it can and cannot purchase. Somewhere along the line some one let the leash go and now we have a monster on the loose that appears completely out of control.

The Chinese do not like the US but they have no choice they are their biggest clients. If they do not take payment in dollars, what would they take it in? The one advantage of the dollar is that it is a universal promissory note. An IOU that everyone is willing to accept! This is its greatest strength but it is also its greatest weakness. The fact that it is so common, so accepted that at some point it was literally accepted as the truth.

The best illusions in the world are where the audience begins to believe the illusion without a doubt. Where the illusion replaces reality and in turn becomes reality itself. When one becomes part of the illusion!

Then suddenly someone broke the spell, someone became aware that this was simply an illusion and not reality, but the problem was if they were to shout out that it was not reality they would be in the minority no one wants you to say it anyway.

Self-preservation is the game here. Those that became aware need to get out without letting everyone else in. To not do so is to loose if you are believed. The objective of the game is to profit. The profit lies in becoming aware of what is real and what is not. Oil, uranium, gold, silver, palladium, platinum, lithium, copper, iron, aluminum, uranium, lithium, molybdenum are real. Paper is not. It represents a promise. The definition of legal tender -Legally valid currency that may be offered in payment of a debt and that a creditor must accept. using further debt to pay debt, does that not invalidate the promise? When we look at a hundred dollar bill- exactly what does that 100 dollars represent. The bill represents money but in what terms? What does 100 dollars exactly mean? Against what? It no longer is backed by the gold it used to represent in the past, even if it did in the past it could not be used to purchase the gold it represented. However there are others who do believe paper is real and that everything else is subjective. At the moment one can use it to purchase other things and that’s fine and for the foreseeable future it will. Selective not exchangeable universally, but all good things take time to cook. However the best illusion in the world is where the conjuror is also taken by it. There is one other issue that we do not factor in, and why the dilution of the value of the dollar is not affecting the price to a greater degree and that is the general population growth of the world leading to greater demand. We do have inflation so essentially the supply of the dollar is surpassing its need therefore prices are constantly rising, though the factor of speculation plays a role in this. However without the speculator one cannot have liquidity. The motion of money is what makes the market continue to move around.

Most of us are simply trying to survive. Trying to look at the big picture but the picture is too large to focus on so we get to see small sections and it’s difficult to put all these pieces in place to look at the big picture. Every time we try to place the pieces in their right place we end up with a few new ones leaving us scratching our heads wondering where the new ones fit. In time we get so engrossed with trying to figure each new piece into the picture that we end up forgetting what our objective was in the first place. A never ending jigsaw puzzle.

Of all the creatures that god created we are considered to be the most intelligent. One of our greatest weakness and one of our greatest strengths is never to accept. We refuse to accept defeat, but we also refuse to accept the truth. Because we believe that the truth cannot be simple and elegant. The truth must be complex and random. It cannot be finite and deliberate. We refuse to accept defeat because we believe in always being on top of things. We are determined by our very nature to succeed …at any cost.

To see one in defeat is one of the saddest things in life. To see a man who came up against the volcano, if we look closely we do not see simple sadness, but rather those eyes show us a sense of disbelieving, an acceptance of the unacceptable. This acceptance is without a doubt a shattering of all illusions. That reality came hurtling down the mountain in the form of volcanic ash, or an avalanche and one thought somehow it was possible to escape it. This disbelief that the truth is; This is what we often see in peoples faces. The disbelief that they have been defeated, that one cannot always win or be on top of things and that occasionally we will see defeat. Why this emotion of utter acceptance of defeat? It is there because one was not willing to consider the possibility that the other was truly not always reality. That what was hurtling down on him was the reality. It is not the actual simple tragedy that we see but the break down of an illusion that we are capable of defeating this force. We must be! Why should we give up our normalcy? It’s a slumber of intoxication perpetually all the time from which we wake up that shows us what we have been in and wish with all our heart that we may return back into it.

As traders, as investors we differ from the above. We differ because we must live with the possibility of an eruption every day. Everyday we must live on the edge never to take the volcano for granted. Never knowing what is around the corner and inevitably having to accept what ever we find and react to the scenario in front of us. When for a long period of time we do not see the volcano erupting we then accept a dangerous assumption that it never will and that perhaps is the most dangerous time of all. For it will and one can never take it for granted. If you must ride a dragon, be aware the dragon has teeth.

When a loved one passes away or a tragedy hits us, we are overcome with grief. A breaking down of our normal routines and life as we have come to accept it! Change is forced upon us and we have to accept it. Eventually the illusion returns and we forget the past. We move on, and return to our normal routines. We become complacent until another such event happens again. This is the same thing that happens when we invest. It is all too easy to fall in to the trap of complacency. It is natures way. For it cares not for the individual but simply for the whole, nature is simply using the rules of action and reaction to correct situations.

All our lives are finite. We live in this illusion and finally ask these questions on our death bed and then perhaps not. We connect up to people, friends, family and others. We believe they are ours. Our fathers, mothers, sisters, sons daughters. Shakespeare put it so aptly.

All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
    Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
    Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
    And shining morning face, creeping like snail
    Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
    Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
    Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation
    Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
    In fair round belly with good capon lined,
    With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
    Full of wise saws and modern instances;
    And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
    Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
    With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
    His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
    For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
    Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
    And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

We walked into this world alone and naked and the truth is we will walk out alone if not naked. In my opinion we have no relations they are made up by us as a method to survive. We use these to move on. Yet we are all individual. However we must be symbiotic to survive at a personal level and a group level for we find strength in numbers.

My question to you is what exactly do we take out of this world? What is it that is the purpose of life? Surely there must be some longer term purpose, or are we some random freak, an accident in the universe that happened? The origin of something that has begun to exist, A creation that is as random as the expansion of this universe that we find ourselves in. If that is so then what is the consciousness that we feel? The ability to not only think but our ability to question?

Is our abject existence truly so simple that we are merely born to simply die? That our objective after birth, ultimately is to die? Carlos Slim for all his money, or Bill Gates, or Warren Buffet with all their money are unable to purchase one single more day, or to reverse one single minute of their entire lives. So powerful, yet unable to simply reverse even one single breath, to redeem it? How ironic! They say that the number of breaths we take are finite too. Well logically that would be right. We have a limited number of breaths in our lives. Yet with all the money in the world we find it impossible to use science to elongate our lives much further than we were 20 years ago. Does this mean that we should stop trying to make money? No, making money has its purpose too. However do not forget what is ultimately important and that is self realization.

Surely we do take something with us when we do leave this earth. It is perhaps for this purpose, perhaps to provide some semblance of an answer that religions began. That individuals began to question their existence and found the simple answer that we are simply one small part of an equation of nature as unacceptable. Do I question god? Who is god? Is he the universe? Is he the energy with a conscious. In Christianity, we mention, ‘The father’, ‘the son’ and, ‘the holy ghost’, three entities. Why three, the first two have a connection but the third renders one into the realms of the unknown. In Hinduism, which in reality is not a religion but a way of living, a methodology related through various stories and prescriptions, we read of several different phases of gods thorough various timelines. Rama (pronounced Ram-mae) is an avatar of Vishnu, they have a company basically three directors responsible for different parts. Brahma- responsible for creation, Vishnu- for maintaining balance and another chap –Shiva for when things really get out of hand to destroy or to clean up the other two’s messes. There are supposed to be 10 avatars of Vishnu. The Hindus believe Jesus too was an avatar. They believe that every time things get grossly unbalanced on our planet Vishnu has to come down take birth, follow the same rules as us and get his hands dirty and sort out the mess. 9 avatars have taken place. They expect the tenth sometime in the future. I have no idea what happens then. Again as in Christianity we have three main entities. Perhaps all religions are needed to keep a balance and perhaps so that we may be able to lead progress and be sensible about things as long as we do not question things too much in detail. Perhaps the ancients always had three legged stools….. No! I do not question the existence of the entity we call god. I embrace it and accept this entity. There would be no purpose for me without the belief in that entity. I believe in the supreme I do not know his name as we have many different ones in many different cultures but I believe him/her to be the same.

Still my question remains unanswered; What is that we take with us when we pass on? Is there truly a purpose to our lives?

I believe that we do take something. I hope so anyway. I believe that like everyone else we take our deeds with us. The good deeds and the bad ones too. I believe that we could also possibly take our knowledge with us. It may not be quite in the same way that we think of in our present state but certainly we take some essence of this knowledge that joins our spirit or soul if you like. What do we leave behind is equally important. I hope to leave behind the experience and knowledge I have acquired and hope that it will help others. I also hope that I will leave behind respect that will allow others to look forward to improving.

One may even ask; “What is the purpose of working or accumulating wealth or improving our livelihood if ultimately we must die?”, there is a purpose if we look at it not individually but holistically. That our purpose is not for our lives that our part in this play is to improve or to eliminate part of the purpose so that the next generation may be able to get further to the truth. That by improving their lives as we simply believe that we are merely a small part of an energy and that by simply eliminating the struggle we are able to, we provide an opportunity for the next entity to get nearer to the truth. Unfortunately being part of a mass we continue to move goal posts all the time. Nature’s sense of humor!

As we progress we find further needs ahead. Needs that never seem to appear before? A road where we cannot see too far ahead; A picture that we have small parts of and never seem to quite get the whole of it. We come full circle again. Our struggle continues and those perhaps that do accumulate wealth get so engrossed in the illusion that they believe it is reality. Individual cells in a body that have no particular purpose but to simply play the part they have been allocated. I hope someday this chain will break, that these luxuries that we do accumulate will have a bigger purpose then to simply be expended in our ridiculous habit of gathering nuts. Nuts for which we in our own individual time serve no purpose in the grander scheme of things to come. Self importance in itself appears to be an illusion.

The creation of wealth is important. Having wealth enable us to have time to look at goals that we could not have achieved had we not had wealth. These goals may be on the basis of spirituality, the time this wealth allows us to have should enable us to spend time at the next level and gain spiritual knowledge. Unfortunately many of us get so engrossed in the activity of wealth gathering that we never have time to pursue these goals. We begin to believe that wealth is the goal.

So now from the beginning of the article we find that we live in illusions within illusions, some that we have created for ourselves and others yet that nature has created for us.

My objective is not to question your faith, or your ability. My objective is to give you clear purpose by questioning our objectives from time to time so that we have a handle on things. A kind of reality check! To provide us with a state of mind that enables us to think apart and separate from the entire entity and look at our purposes objectively and without bias.

Our investments may not serve our purpose as we intend for them to. They may however serve the purpose of our children or perhaps their children. When we look at our purposes from such distances we get focus, a longer term picture shows it self as opposed to us being too close to the picture. The bigger the picture the further we must move back to get focus. It should not deter us from attempting to take some profit in the short term but it should not deter us from considering the bigger picture. Our strategies may play out both in the short term as well as the long term. Its a road with lots of hills and valleys where we cannot see the whole road winding around or going up and down where bits disappear but in the horizon we see bits of the road that show us its general direction. Our investments and our objectives are like that and the method we apply is like a vehicle on that road appearing and disappearing as we move into a valley and appear on a hill. We do not see the whole of it at any one time but we do see final destinations in the distance and we see the direction that our road is taking us. Like all good gardeners we are required to trim our hedges form time to time and grown new plants too. Profits form our stocks is what we must use to purchase new stocks. How else would we have true growth. So with this in mind when we do give sell signals it does not mean the end of the stock. It simply means that we need to reutilize the profits into perhaps other stocks that we think have potential. We have to live too and stocks should pay for our livelihood too. So nonone expects us to buy all the gold/silver/uranium or any other commodity that we can and then simply sit on our hands. I have always believed that trading is how one will acquire growth, by simply placing ones savings in a commodity does not make a difference, only by converting does one register growth. Profit is only considered when one has sold and not before then.

China has issues it needs to get rid of the potential debt/promissory notes/inflation adjustments to some degree. Imagine if you will if the dollar index drops by 10% how that affects their savings? Not funny! Well China just joined us as stock buyers of emerging companies/explorers. They are not buying engineering companies. They have the edge of that already in China. No they need the raw materials and when you have liquidity you have the world as your Oyster.

They will buy into companies where there is little interference and are not affected by prices moving up. They are looking at the same road as we are. They will go for companies that have the likely hood of coming out with the goods soon – time wise in the next ten years. They will go for small producers, so a likelihood of seeing Paladin, and smaller producers having buyouts or large shareholders of Chinese companies. Further to that they will consider costs. Its not just quantity its concentrations, long term plans, good management. They want the goods out and in their ware houses. They will go for everything they do not have enough of. Don’t panic……..yet! They have to be sly and pick their targets just as we have to. I would not be surprised if the table turns on the US and eventually they end up with all their own issued debt in their own hands. If the dollar were to remain strong then that would delay the Chinese plans perhaps. The illusion must remain intact so that the creator does not know that I know.

Knowledge is of no consequence unless it is applied. Without application it is simply a sheathed sword in an ongoing war and of no consequence. Never gather knowledge for the sake of it, apply it so that you may progress and profit. With every single piece of knowledge some action is necessary. Some application is warranted sooner or later. Only then will we see results. Success or failure is not a result. It is simply an outcome of an action. One or the other is bound to happen. One warrants more progress while the other requires a turn in direction. Neither requires one to simply to sit back.

Uranium is at its lows and just coming out of a slump. IF one is looking for the longer term to hold now is the time to get in. It will be a long term investment perhaps 10 years, perhaps 20 years perhaps longer. Lithium the same, Vanadium the same, copper the same, and so on…… Buy the recommended stocks on every single major correction that you come across. Then ride them. ……I hope!

Now that you have put the coffee aside and decided to get the strongest whisky out along with a couple of aspirins it will be time for me to take your leave. If you are confused do not be….just take the asprin, things will be clearer as time goes on.

Thanks-giving is here and I think this article is appropriate for the occasion. It is time to spend some time contemplating. Consider what I have written lightly. It was written to simply open our eyes to different possibilities, to consider our lives in a different light, so that we may provoke some fresh thoughts to the direction we should take.

Thank god for the family you have this weekend and enjoy the beginning of a peaceful season. Consider; “if you will”, how lucky you are for the things you have and thank god for them. Ask for strength to find direction for yourself and others, to guide you to the right path….God Bless you all. A happy holiday season for all.

SAGI

5. Post #255

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner mike88's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you sagi. enjoy the winter season. good health and happiness to you. mike
    we just want to ride our machines...without being hassled by the man

6. Post #256

Thanks

Thank you Mike, a most peaceful season to you too Brother. Peace be with you and your family.
    SAGI

7. Post #257

Found a way in
    Thanks

Hi Sagi,

I've always enjoyed reading your informative, in-depth posts.

I'm curious, if you could only buy one stock in the following sectors, which would they be, and why?…

* Uranium…

-Strathmore minerals- STHJF.PK $1.21
    -Uranium 1-SXRZF.PK $4.94
    -Uranerz (URZ) $3.62
    -Uranium Resources, Inc. (URRE) $2.67
    -Denison Mines Corp (DNN ) $2.39
    -Paladin Resources- PALAF.PK $4.74
    - MAWSON RES LTD (MWSNF.PK ) $2.58 (also gold)

*Heavy REEs (also a play on thorium)…

-UCORE RARE METALS (UURAF.PK ) $0.53
    -Avalon Rare Metals (AVARF.PK ) $3.22 C
    -Alkane Resources (ALK.AX) $0.80
    - Medallion Resources ( MLLOF.PK) $0.40

* Geothermal?…

-Nevada Geothermal Power (NGLPF.OB) $0.75
    -Magma Energy (MGMXF.PK) $1.35
    -RAM Power Corp (RAMPF.PK) $2.35

* Palladium?…

-North American Palladium (PAL) $5
    -Stillwater Mining (SWC) $17.75

* Base Metals?...

- PowerShares DB Base Metals Fund (DBB) $21.74
    or?...

* Natural Gas?..

-Samson Oil & Gas Limited (SSN) $1.21
    -Westmont Resources Inc. (WMNS.PK) $0.02
    -NuEarth (NUEC.PK) $0.03
    - Westport Innovations (WPRT) $18
    -Tourbine Truck Engines Inc. (TTEG) $0.20)
    -Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) $14.01
    -Spectra Energy Corp (SE) $24.11
    - Atlas Pipeline Partners (APL) $24.27
    -Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG) $4.37
    -Targa Resources (NGLS) $31.58
    -MarkWest Energy Partners LP (MWE)
    - Tenaris SA (TS) $43.75
    -Petrohawk Enegy Corp (HK) $18.5
    - Piedmont Natural Gas Co. Inc. (PNY) $29.53
    -Spindletop Oil and Gas Company (SPND.OB) $2
    -Sandridge Energy (SD) $5.17
    - GMXR (GMX Resources) $15
    Last edited by Moondiabolik; 11-26-2010 at 08:21 AM.

8. Post #258

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moondiabolik View Post
    Hi Sagi,

I'm curious, if you could only buy one stock in the following sectors, which would they be, and why?…

* Uranium…

-Uranerz (URZ) $3.62

* Geothermal?…

* Palladium?…

* Base Metals?...

or?...

* Natural Gas?..

-NuEarth (NUEC.PK) $0.03
    - Tenaris SA (TS) $43.75
    Hi Moondiabolik,
    This is a difficult one as the categories are not equaled in terms of producers and explorers in uranium.

Let me go over them on the weekend and give you an answer by Monday. with Natural gas I have no idea so I will have to do some research.

SAGI

9. Post #259

Found a way in
    Thanks

Thanks so much

I hope you've enjoyed your holiday!

10. Post #260

Thanks

Thanks so much

I hope you've enjoyed your holiday!
    Will do but brother it hasn't even started yet and I am already paying for it LOL
    SAGI

11. Post #261

Found a way in
    Thanks

I forgot to add this to the Uranium list:

JNR Resources (JNRRF) $0.49

12. Post #262

Silver Member
    Thanks

Hey, Sagi

That was quite a contribution from "Moon", wasn't it? Thanks Moon. Even though I can't play alot of these (US trading, IRA issues), maybe I can learn more.

13. Post #263

Silver Member
    Thanks

Big time thanks< Moon. Looks like you can really be a big help to the thread. You're more int'l than I can be.

Welcome aboard!

14. Post #264

Thanks

Hi Sagi,

* Uranium…

-Uranerz (URZ) $3.62

* Geothermal?…

* Palladium?…

* Base Metals?...

or?...

* Natural Gas?..

-NuEarth (NUEC.PK) $0.03
    - Tenaris SA (TS) $43.75
    Hi Moondiabolik,
    Your question as stated, is complicated.
    It really depends on your strategy to invest. There is no clear cut answer to your question. While I can place answers to the first three or four parts I have no clue to the Natural gas question in terms of the stocks you have mentioned. Researching exploration companies takes some time. My experience has been with Uranium, rare earths and some base metals. As you are specific about one single company per sector, I would advice that you go with producers rather than explorers. While exploration companies have potential there is no guarantee that they will become producers. In terms of this the answer to your question;

1. Uranium: Uranium 1 has the best potential out of the lot as a producer. It is rapidly becoming a large scale producer and has made strategic alliances that will help it in the long run. I still think it will come down in coming months as investors generally do not like Russian companies due to the many issues the directors of Russian companies have had in the past. There have been shady dealings and Russian government interference has affected these companies. In terms of independent companies I like Dennison with a good upside potential because it has not only resources but also shares in two uranium mills. I also believe Strathmore has more upside potential than URZ and URRE. All three are US based companies but STM still has not gone into production. Its uranium resources are substantially more and its permits are in process. If you do not like UUU.TO then I would suggest MAW and DNN.

2. In terms of Rare earths I prefer to be ahead of the race. It’s a fickle market and are better off with a near producer so I would advice Avalon.

3. Palladium…. I am not a fan of either company. One needs to look at the cost of their mining though investor demand says something else. Have you considered CSI.TO as platinum alternative? The other one is Norlisk as I had mentioned a few days ago. Palladium is pretty high some say it will go higher. My call was 700 dollars over a year ago. In my opinion Platinum has also got good potential.

4. IN terms of Geothermal Nevada Geo Thermal has good potential. Ormat is the largest.

5. Base metals is again speculative and funds are as risky as penny stocks. They are never a good thing to hold for a long time. I would advice you to stay away from funds. That, however is just my opinion. Some base metals good potentials are MMG, MSQ.V (MQCMF.PK). Canadian Zinc corp has been sitting around for a long time. With a potential for silver as well as Zinc just like MMG. ``out of these above I like Mosquito.

6. Natural gas is not something I research. Its got so much potential however I prefer to play it with the HNU and HND funds on quick trades. When it comes to actual potentials I have no idea. If I were to play it safe I would go with producers. I tried to do some research on the ones you suggested but its going to take a while to do this. I would suggest you hunt down my friend HOOT who has all the details on Natural gas plays. He would be the right chap to give you details.

As a last word of caution I would ask you to consider your own investment method and consider the time to get in. Some plays have yet to move on a higher scale like STM which has not moved up much yet as well as MSQ. Some like URZ moved on the basis of them getting their permits approved. MSQ is a massive copper moly deposit. There are others out there to consider. In terms of Uranium, CZQ.TO has massive potential but it is only recently that it has begun to move. Keep it in mind as a Uranium, vanadium, nickel deposit. Mawson gold and uranium a future Fronteer gold possibility. However its only pickings they have for the moment. Speculation is a mind game. Be careful out there.

Regds
    SAGI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SAGI For This Useful Post:

Lore (11-29-2010)

16. Post #265

Found a way in
    Thanks

Thanks, Sagi.

I really appreciate your input.

(I've been reading Goldismoney for years.)

17. Post #266

Found a way in
    Thanks

Sagi,

What about...

-Ur Energy (URG)

-Great Western Minerals Group (GWG.V)
    -Greenland Minerals and Energy (GDLNF.PK)

18. Post #267

Thanks

Sagi,

What about...

-Ur Energy (URG)

-Great Western Minerals Group (GWG.V)
    -Greenland Minerals and Energy (GDLNF.PK)
    In my opinion: Its too high for the time being in over bought position on the RSI charts OBV and MACD all show its gone high enough may go higher for a day or two. US stocks most of them do not have huge deposits but there is an interest in it from investors. US brokers are not allowed to advice clients to purchase penny stocks.

Great Western I have not done my research.
    Have been talking about greenland for quite a long time. Huge REE potential as well as estimated 200+ million pounds of Uranium. Suspicious management. Do like the company. Long term hold but you know all that.... If the producers do not move up and you can't make money on them then you probably will not make money on explorers unless one off comes up with something massive. ON the whole Greenland would not be my first choice read up on previous coffee articles I have done detailed research on Greenland, alternatively I think they are covered on uranium letter international so you can read up more on them over there.

SAGI

19. Post #268

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner mike88's Avatar
    Thanks

Vanadium junior ENZR nice move today on large volume. They hold mining rights in Madagascar, supposedly 13% of world supply on their property. Vanadium used in steel, possible battery technology being developed with this metal. will probably buy SXRZF.pk, uranium stock in near future. Have position in Pinetree Capital, gives exposure to many juniors with one symbol. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread. mike
    we just want to ride our machines...without being hassled by the man

20. Post #269

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
    Vanadium junior ENZR nice move today on large volume. They hold mining rights in Madagascar, supposedly 13% of world supply on their property. Vanadium used in steel, possible battery technology being developed with this metal. will probably buy SXRZF.pk, uranium stock in near future. Have position in Pinetree Capital, gives exposure to many juniors with one symbol. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread. mike
    Wait for SXRZF to drop probably after 10th december. (Hopefully) Thats went hey give out the one off dividend. STOCK Alert: Ditem reosurces massive volumes moved out of its normal doldrums and hitting new highs. DIT.V. thanks for the heads up on ENZR MIke.

SAGI

21. Post #270

Thanks

African Business News
    19.Nov.2010 09:42:00
    Menu
    Energizer metallurgical program conducted on samples from its Green Giant vanadium property in Madagascar
    News Release:
    Energizer Resources Inc. (formerly Uranium Star Corp.) (TSX-V:EGZ - News)(OTC.BB:ENZR - News)(Frankfurt:YE5 - News) (the Company) is pleased to announce final test results from its recent metallurgical program conducted on composite samples from its Green Giant vanadium property in Madagascar. Batch pressure leach tests completed at SGS Minerals Services (Lakefield), consisting of an oxidizing pre-roast followed by an alkaline pressure leach, extracted up to 82% vanadium into a leach solution low in deleterious elements and suitable for upgrading by solvent extraction.

Several opportunities for further improvement in the extraction process have been identified, including the recycling of leach solution to increase vanadium tenor, reduction of soda ash consumption and optimization of pre-roast and pressure leach conditions (temperature and time). Future test programs will examine these opportunities to further optimize the process flow sheet.

2010 Metallurgy and Mineralogy Program Completed

The 2010 metallurgical program was designed to compare the efficiency of alternate strategies for extraction of vanadium, including alkali salt roasting, acid leaching (atmospheric and pressure) and alkaline leaching (atmospheric and pressure). Mineralogical characterization of the composite samples and a pre-concentration test program which examined the viability of upgrading by flotation, gravity concentration and screening were also conducted.

The 2010 metallurgical test composites were compiled using drill core intervals selected at various depths from 9 drill holes spanning the Manga zone on the Green Giant property and closely match current estimates of average resource grade. Mineralogical characterization of the composite identified vanadium in various sulphide, silicate and oxide minerals.

Pre-roasting + Alkaline Pressure Leaching = up to 82% Vanadium Extraction

Prior to alkaline (soda ash) pressure leaching, samples were ground to 80% passing 105um and roasted at various temperatures (900-1100 degrees C) for 3 hrs. Pressure leach tests examined various soda ash solution strengths and addition rates plus pressure leach temperature and duration. The pre-roasting of the representative samples was shown to greatly improve the vanadium extraction by soda ash leaching.

Julie Lee Harrs, President and COO of Energizer, said, "This test program has confirmed an effective leach process that achieves high vanadium extraction, while at the same time, producing clean leach solutions very low in problematic contaminants. We have now completed a critical step as we move forward with the development of our Green Giant vanadium project."

Green Giant Deposit To Provide High Purity V2O5 to Battery Market

The Green Giant vanadium deposit is a sedimentary-hosted deposit, which is unique among the world's known vanadium deposits. As a result, the Green Giant deposit will be able to produce a high-purity vanadium pentoxide (V2O5), which is required in battery power and in battery storage for both mobile (automotive) applications and stationary (large-scale) applications.

Vanadium Demand for Steel Growing at 7%

In addition to its ability to produce high-purity V2O5, the Green Giant project can also be easily adapted to supply another form of vanadium to the steel market, called ferrovanadium, where vanadium demand is growing at 7% year-over-year and is well-established as a strengthening agent for steel.

2010 New Developments in Battery Power and Storage

Lithium-Vanadium Polymer Battery Sets Electric Vehicle Distance Record with a 6-Minute Recharge

DBE Energy, in partnership with German utility Lekker Energie, equipped an Audi A2 electric vehicle with its new lithium-vanadium metal polymer battery and set a long distance record of 603 kilometres (375 miles) travelled on a single charge. The battery's basic electro-chemistry consists of a metallic lithium anode and a vanadium oxide cathode. DBE Energy claims the battery has a 97% efficiency and can be charged at virtually any electrical socket. Plugged into a high-voltage direct-current source, the battery can be fully charged within 6 minutes. More details can be found at www.benzev.co.nz.

Vanadium Redox Battery Manufacturer, Prudent Energy, Named a Top Cleantech Company

Prudent Energy, the manufacturer of a vanadium redox battery energy storage system called the VRB-ESS™, was recently named one of the most promising private clean technology companies poised to make a significant market impact in the next five to ten years by the 2010 Global Cleantech 100. Prudent Energy, a private company based in Beijing, China with offices in Washington, D.C. U.S.A., was selected by a committee that included well-respected organizations in cleantech innovation from around the world, including BASF, GE, Honeywell, IBM, Proctor & Gamble, Siemens and Veolia, as well as venture capital companies.

This recognition of a vanadium-based storage system as a leading storage solution signals the movement of vanadium-based technologies into the mainstream market of Green Power.

Prudent Energy's Vanadium Redox Battery Electrolyte Operates at Room Temperature and Never Wears Out

Prudent Energy has just announced (in Prudent's press release dated November 9, 2010) they have installed over 20 vanadium redox battery systems around the world in Kenya, Hungary, Turkey, Italy, USA and China. Prudent Energy describes its VRB Energy Storage System as a large capacity, long life, advanced vanadium-based energy storage system with high performance and low operating costs. The company further claims that field results over the last three years in China and the USA has shown that it performs way in excess of any other technology currently in the field, and given the fact that their vanadium redox battery's electrolyte operates at room temperature and never wears out, the total cost of ownership is undoubtedly the lowest for any energy storage system.

Prudent Energy's latest press releases containing more details about their vanadium-based technology can be viewed on their website at www.pdenergy.com

Gildemeister/Cellstrom's Version of Vanadium Redox Battery called the CellCube™

Cellstrom GmbH, another vanadium redox battery manufacturer, based in Austria, was acquired in 2010 by a subsidiary of a German-based conglomerate, Gildemeister GmbH. Cellstrom has successfully been selling vanadium redox batteries since 2008 throughout Europe and most-recently into India, where they have been installed as battery-back up systems for factories who operate in regions hit frequently by power outages. Details and images of Cellstrom's Cellcube VRB can be viewed at www.cellstrom.com

Vanadium Redox Batteries Require Significant Amounts of High-Purity V2O5

VRBs require significant amounts of high purity V2O5. Cellstrom's CellCube FB10/100 is a 10 kilowatt/100 kilowatt hour VRB designed for uninterrupted power supply for households and factories and require approximately 1 tonne of V2O5 each. In 2011, Cellstrom plans to launch the Cellcube 200/400, a 200 kilowatt/400 kilowatt hour VRB designed for solar and wind farms and requires 5 tonnes of V2O5 per battery. These batteries can be easily scaled up in size to reach megawatt capacities, suitable for power-grid applications.

Today, high-purity V2O5 is not readily available and the substantial amounts of high purity V2O5 required for the production of these vanadium redox batteries cannot be met by the current supply of V2O5. New vanadium projects, such as the Green Giant project will need to come online in order to meet this new demand.

With the capability to provide a high-purity V2O5 product, Energizer's Green Giant project is uniquely positioned to meet this new demand for vanadium-based battery power and storage. The Green Giant project is being positioned to provide the sureness of price and supply of vanadium that companies such as Prudent Energy and Cellstrom require.
    Reference: Company news item

22. Post #271

Thanks

STOCK ALERT: Something is going on with Ditem resources DIT.V hell if I know what but unusual volumes all this week and moved up substantially.

SAGI

23. Post #272

Thanks

COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

THE LONG ROAD AHEAD – LOOKING BACK ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD.

I will probably go down in the history of uranium investing as an unknown entity. I am not disappointed with this notion. I never started this thread with a view point that I will achieve any kind of fame or be known. Initially when the thread was started it was simply because no one was talking about Uranium. Everyone at GIM was discussing Gold and Silver. I had been looking at uranium after it was first mentioned on a BBC documentary about Nuclear power and the possibility of it being more practical than any other alternative energy known to man. Here was a scientist that was telling us how efficient this source of energy could be and what its potential could be. I remember I was on Dar Es Saalam road in the industrial area of Nairobi heading to the main high way when I heard this. Something clicked and so began a journey some five years ago. Its been a long road to now and it has taken some persistence on my part not to doubt my calculations. Even when taking huge losses I continued to believe that my calculations were right. I joined GIM in 2007. At first I was questioned by a number of readers and writers alike as to if uranium was a subject that should be run as a thread. I gave my points of why I felt it was the perfect place and eventually the discussions ended. I am not out of the woods yet as many of the stocks bought at the time were at near highs. Stocks like Pinetree when I was basing my buys on basic fundamentals. Loss upon loss piled up at the end of 2007 and continued into 2008. 2009/2010 has been a slow start up the long hill.

It has taken a lot of hard work and faith that I was right. I am not proven right yet either. However my losses have reduced substantially. I am hoping that in the coming two to three years along with the purchase of new stocks as well as averaging up on older ones I will be in a better position. Still its not that I did not make money on these stocks as my method and research changed to trading and more technical based buying. I vowed I would not let others make the same mistakes that I made and held as many letter writers mentioned I should. “Hold it through the waves.”, “Ride the horse cowboy they shouted.”; No one mentioned that you should get off the horse if its going down hill. You are liable to be approaching a cliff…

Those that advocate this method of investing are either considering pure fundamentals and the basis that when one purchased the chosen stock they moved on up substantially and if a correction did occur one was still in profit or in minimal loss.

What happens to those that did purchase the stock near their top and the correction was substantial enough to wipe out or to leave them in losses for long periods of time? Does that make sense? “Buy on weakness”, “Back up the truck”, is all very well provided you are doing so with a base of profit.

Yes you can back up the truck on major corrections provided one is still in reasonable profit and is correct in his analysis that this is a small correction and that the stock’s bull run remains intact.

Since all technical indicators are based on investor sentiment they are in a grey area. There is no mathematical accuracy though it does provide an indication it is based around the premise that public sentiment is right. It can be when the majority follow the system. Most technical traders will move out of a stock just after or just before the stock dips or certain indicators provide information that there is a major down turn in process. They move out taking short and medium term profit.

Locking in ones profit is a good way to protect your wealth. It however requires ones ability to push aside mental blocks that do not advocate one purchasing at higher prices. For example; If you bought a stock at 0.05 cents and purchased 100,000- $5000.00. Your stocks began to climb and reached 0.20, you look at the graph and indicators you note that certain indicators are showing an over bought position. You believe in this stock but you are now sitting on $20,000.00 do you a) hold the stock in the belief it will correct and reach further highs, b) tank- go back to 0.05? Either one could play out so what would be the safer option? You could sell the stock and wait for the correction.

Say the correction did occur and the stock came down to 0.10, would you reinvest your initial 5000.00, place in 10,000 to equate the first investment, break it down to two, first placing 5000 then adding more as the stocks moves up or place the whole of the 20,000.00 adding 4 times the stocks you initially purchased? It really depends on ones on ideology.

Mine is profit. Some are looking at capital preservation, others are considering their fear of inflation and the belief that paper currency is valueless. Each method requires a different prescription. I look at making money. I do not want to wait for gold to hit 5000.00 per ounce. I have no idea if it will in my life time or not. From my point of view though I would invest in some gold I would also hedge into stocks in gold, silver, uranium, vanadium, lithium, geo thermals, solar etc. When they move up I would take profit when they move down I would buy into them. None of these stocks are paying any dividend. Consider what sort of dividend would be sufficient to make your life reasonable to live of a stock. Take SLW.TO- Silver wheaton is at about 35 dollars or so. They will most likely issue a small dividend in the coming year of about 20 cents. Say you bought SLW.TO 10,000 at 6 dollars on the 2008 crash. That would have been a technical decision- over sold –therefore BUY. How many shares would you require to make anything reasonable on 20 cents dividend? 10000 shares will provide 2000 dollars. On the other hand 10000 shares sold at 35 dollars provides you with 350,000 dollars. Convert to Australian dollars for a year and you get roughly 20,000 dollars at 6.5% interest. Convert back and you probably have about the same that equates to ten times what you are getting in dividend. You are still in cash so on weakness or purchase of another stock/stocks is still an option. The dividend really is of no consequence…unless you have a hell of a lot of shares in that stock and do not mind your spare cash lying in a stock for a decade or perhaps two. The same amount in gold would have been bought at roughly 750 dollars an ounce the return is roughly 200%, The same amount in silver would have bought roughly at about 9 dollars an ounce. A return of about 350%. ON SLW you get a return of 500%. This is history. The importance of history is that we can learn from its methods that may be applied in the future with variations. While this sentiment worked with SLW because they were at the right time and at the right place to make deals it has not worked that well out for GLW- gold wheaton. Will it work out for them in the future? Perhaps! The past has little consequence except to teach us what may happen in the future if similar circumstances were to occur. Similar circumstances occur very rarely but new deposits may be found Gold Wheaton may find companies willing to settle deals with them. It depends on their management. The same goes for pine tree too.

There is however no guarantee that you will be sitting on millions. Public sentiment is fickle, today’s favorite baby is tomorrows villain. We do not have some sort of duty to keep that stock. The stock is simply paper, if there is anyone who has a vested interest in the stock it is the actual directors of the company and no one else. Do not be under any illusion that the paper that represents the company is owned by you. Like with governments you have little impact on the decisions made at the board table and you probably never will. So why the loyalty professed?

Note; As a stock moves up there is less percentage gain as it moves upwards unless one bought it as a penny stock. Like in any company we will have some losses on our stocks. Some will loose. Some will be wipe outs. However it is unlikely that all of your investments will be wipe outs. Some will make gains perhaps enough to give a reasonable sum to cover your wipe outs and then some. Pinetree capital is trying to do that. However one must separate their theory and consider from a distance if there is enough public sentiment that is positive about this. So Buy until they continue to move up and sell if they move down a certain percentage. Do not for a moment think that you will be loyal to Pinetree because they certainly will not be loyal to you. It would be a very dangerous game to play with a close ended fund.

Pine tree is being talked about on one the threads started by strawboss. It is a close ended fund that has potential. I like to think it would have but be careful with this stock as you should be with any fund. One of my major investments is in Pinetree. I am glade strawboss brought it to everyone’s attention. I have been into Pinetree for a very long time, unfortunately bought at some of its highs. Its to my advantage for this stock to erupt in Euphoria.

Pinetree is a close ended fund that is essentially a bank which has been exchanging money for stocks of companies which number over 400 now. The idea of Pine tree is that if a few or all of these stocks move up Pinetree can sell the stocks, cash in the warrants and make huge amounts of money. The only issue with Pinetree is that if the stocks were to take a dip or a major correction than PNP is affected directly by the liquidation via its own shares and as there is no dividend the investor is bound to sell.
    With a Euphoria emerging in Uranium Pinetree stands to profit as it had been buying aggressively into the dip in 2008 and 2009. Those profits showed them selves in its annual reports. Pinetree’s chairman also owns Mega Uranium. It also has a connection with the Dines letter. Pinetree has never come quite clean on exactly how many companies shares it has. It can continue to increase its shares based on the profits it has made in the past 12 months and those are substantial when they are used to purchase penny stocks, this being on the premise that stocks will continue to go up from here on.

The stocks that Pinetree purchases appear not be selected in any particular format. (At least non that I can see) Many of the companies/explorers do not have any resources. It is based on the premise that some of the companies will come up with the goods or the general euphoria on uranium/gold/silver/technology/lithium/copper will run these stocks up big time. Pine tree will at the time cash in get out of these companies with massive profits. The numbers in terms of stocks are huge. 5 to 10 million shares+ warrants are purchased at sometimes a few cents per stock. Most of these may never show any major deposits or even disappear completely. However some of these will also come up with the goods and make up for the rest. It’s a good theory and I agreed with it……as long as the market is going up. Market sentiment is what will make this stock move up and not fundamentals for the stocks that it holds. Certainly not all of them. Its essentially a fund holding and it can be dangerous as it will reflect on the markets and commodities.

I have talked about Pinetree in many different articles but its never had the impact it seems to be making now. I wish Pinetree to move up with a great deal of acceleration. It would benefit me a great deal. I certainly own a great deal of it….More than where common sense should have prevailed. As a final note your stock portfolio is probably about as assorted as Pine tree’s, therefore if your own porfolio has not gone any where much it is unlikely that Pinetree’s is any different as yet. There is a deviation between fundamental analysis and public sentiment and often public sentiment will prevail regardless of what the management is up to. Pinetree never comes out with what exactly is their policy so no one really knows when they sell a stock. They always issue out all the various BUYS they make. I have yet to see one public sell that they have made and yet they do. They were buying in 2007/2008 so they are likely to have losses average down or up the money being spent is from the shareholder. I hope I am wrong for my sake but a clear picture must be painted. It is at its yearly high. Your guess is as good as mine as to how high it can go but I am not holding my breath…ummmm actually I have been holding it since 2007. I truly truly hope that Strawboss is right and the stock one day will be worth 400 or 500 dollars. I will owe him a whole case load of single malts.With the kind of investment I have it is likely that I will be able to send a plane for Strawboss to join me for a drink. At the rate that Pine tree is going it will at one point own half of the Toronto Venture exchange. At this point though they are in profit it is the investor sentiment that is pushing it….in anticipation. It is difficult to igure out the fundamentals on this company and I am not even going to try. My instincts tell me this stock could go far.

I am skeptical at the present because Pinetree as well as other stocks involved in commodities look over bought. This does not mean that I do not believe in a bull for Uranium and commodity stocks nor does it mean that a major correction is at hand. We will see minor breathers from time to time and that actually means a stronger foundation for the markets. I am nervous when a market does not take a breather. It basically gives the shorts more of an opportunity to take massive profits. So I prefer the markets to take steps as each step then becomes a fall back just like someone climbing a stair case. Still often we will see strong movements into the over bought region taking the stocks deep. In order for the stocks to redeem gold has to move back above 1420. I would like Pinetree to take a breather create a foundation and restart its movement. Small steps is what I am looking for to climb Mt Everest.

I lost my faith in all letters and though I do subscribe to the Dines letter I pay little attention to it now simply because there is not much that he does tell. It’s the same regurgitation and little more than that. In many aspects he has not mentioned new uranium stocks and does not give reasons as to why he was professing for people to buy stocks at all time highs when they were well into the over bought position on yearly and three yearly highs. No one in their right mind would do that. They would consider the plight of the smaller investor who is putting all their faith in you to give the right advice.

Consider telling them in simple understandable English to wait for a dip before they buy the advised stocks. In that Mr. Dines disappointed me a great deal. He came across as even more eccentric than I did in his writings. I believe that he took advantage of the influence he had and he used it to profit along with some other individuals who are involved directly or indirectly with the Dines letter.

The tone in my articles changed and what later came to be known as the coffee articles where I tried to tell readers when I though there was danger ahead. I had no clue that the huge correction of 2008 would happen I was not quite using technical indications then. Soon after I did begin and eventually reached a point where I was able to tell readers on some stocks. Coffee did not start out as a well-organized letter. It was an article put out merely to give people time to think. To provoke thinking, to be able to provide some knowledge and to simply try and give a general market feeling while not attempting to use technical words or market vocabulary. Coffee has been good I think and over the past year developed a reasonable following. I hope that it does make sense. If you must subscribe to an investment letter I suggest one of Caseys letters which are definitely more organized than Dines. Uranium grandfather or not….Moving on….

We are now perhaps approaching another long run. Perhaps not. Time will tell but it appears as if we are on the move. Moves come in waves and my view point is to take profit where profit is available. Move on and buy again on dips take profits and move on again. If you are going to ride the wave you better be careful it’s not a killer. Play safe and take the profits. Jumping from one horse to another is dangerous, safer to get off one and get on another while they are standing. Unless of course if you decided to get in right at the bottom of the 2008 correction or the March 2009 one. If you did, hold on now, but at least get your original investment out and some interest. If you are buying now be careful. Euphoria can easily carry you away and you end up on the road side on your back side.

On the tops you must sell and get back in on the dips. Many of the mentioned stocks have had a good run and you should be in profits now please pay attention to them and calculate where you would like to get out. Place stop losses or trailing stop losses to save yourself a lot of grief and disappointment. Nothing! I say Nothing …lasts for ever and in the short term euphoria its easy to get lost in. ( Sound like Yoh Sammaty Sam from Bugs bunny). By placing a trailing stop loss you may be stepped out but you are safe and safety is essential. It has gone past its two year high. Somebody is bound to take profits. So be careful from here on. I know that some of the readers cannot do that for their personal circumstances however I do advocate that they place safety stop losses as must all in the case that something drastically goes wrong. We must cater for such eventualities. A nuclear accident is the last thing we need now it would bring everything crashing down in terms of public sentimentality.

Gold itself looked over bought and I stated that. I am still not convinced that gold is done with its drop. A few things that make me nervous for gold is the US$ itself becoming increasingly strong this week. Secondly the commodity based Canadian as well as Australian dollar look a little weak and are seemingly topping over. That is not a good sign for commodities and especially gold. The pound has weakened quite a bit and the Euro based on the debt problems there has made a U turn going from its highs of around 1.42 down to 1.32 that’s a massive 1000 basis point drop. The pound has come down from a high of around 1.62 to now presently hovering around 1.56. A 600 point drop. Yet the pound does not look over sold for the present and I would expect it to drop below 1.55 perhaps to its past resistance level of 1.53, falling below that we return back to the 1.47 which was a major resistance and a U turn point for the pound. While I can understand the euro weakening, I see no reason for the Canadian or Australian dollar to move down. So this is not a singular decline but a multiple one including against the yen. In view of this I would suggest that you look at your stocks very carefully, the price of gold reflects on their desire. The US dollar is moving universally and there are key resistance points ahead one of them is at 1.55, the next major one is at 1.53 at this time it would be well into the over bought region, something extraordinary would be required to move it further. In my opinion a move back from 1.55 or a move back from 1.53 would be in order.

If we are to see a strong come back for Uranium then I suggest that you look at the 10 year graph for gold. Its an eye opener. One requires to get in at the bottom-2000-2001 ( Now for Uranium) and hold this as your foundation and build on it on corrections. If the bull is to remain intact we will not see these prices for stocks or Uranium again for a long time. To build a position one must build carefully placing each foundation stone in place, securing it before placing another. The producers first, next upcoming producers, next potential producers, next explorers with indicated resources, cash in hand and good management and finally the ones that have potential for resources. A pyramid has a broad base and so must your portfolio. A plan is essential, emotions must be kept in check. Analyze the situation coldly do not go head first. Just because the price is moving up does not necessarily mean that it is the right one or the right time. It might have caught your attention just as it peaked. You must have the edge on your side. Wait for a correction if possible even if you are purchasing at a higher price. That is a chance one has to take. Going back to the first line of this paragraph- Look at the gold graph look at the number of corrections it has had. Put a blank white board on everything after 2001. Now look at the graph. Are you really in a position to tell if that was the bottom of gold? Think of the panic, the questions, the “What if’s” that would run through your mind, now take a chart of uranium look at it and tell me if its going to go up from here or not…Its not easy is it? Well that is what separates the professionals and the amateurs. The professionals put everything they can on their side and dip a foot then another and so on. If they are struck out they try again. Its like a batter on a …baseball pitch. The ball comes and he swings. If he misses he tries again and again. It’s the averages that make great bats men. No one hits every single ball, but you can’t stop swinging. If you do that’s the end of the game. It is determination, sound thinking, a sixth sense perhaps and finally the courage to accept your decision that will determine the course of your future. Do not for a minute think that I do not go through the same emotions as you. I do and perhaps then some! Our biggest walls are ourselves, and our inhibitions. In order to over come our doubts we must focus on the problem and put aside all the periphery noise that we hear. Our clarity and focus is important. To be able to think clearly in the middle of a war zone is what differentiates individuals who will be able to determine and write their own destinies. If your destiny is being written by another’s actions then you will fail. Your destiny must be written by you. Your future must be mapped out by you and not anyone else. How far we go ahead is not in our hands but we must use our own feet to walk our path not use someone else’s. By using someone else’s you are not forwarding yours but rather his.

I am exhausted! I have exhausted the research on Uranium stocks. Those that needed talking about have been. Now when I google, I get the same research back to the point that now when I put in a search key word, it is often this thread that comes up and that is not good for me. I need new research and I cannot get any. Companies are moving slower now in terms of coming out with results. All good things take time to cook. Well so does uranium. There are plenty of explorations companies out there but few of them have all the key ingredients. I hate companies that dilute shares or consolidate them either. It’s a painful experience for the smaller investor who does not understand the dynamics of the decision. Equity financing is another issue that I am not comfortable with. A few years ago I was keen on Bayswater uranium. Remember in one of the articles I mentioned that if you are not in the top three you have to make a completely different segment and place your self at the top for attention. Bayswater did exactly that. A few years ago it professed it had the largest land holdings in all three prolific uranium areas. That’s Ok however common sense dictates that I can’t eat the land and it does not help if you can’t find the uranium. In fact having a million pounds of it is better than not having it at all. Mid this year Bayswater consolidated its shares. 20-1. That ticked me off. I hate that. Pine tree did the opposite a few years ago diluting their shares. You just can’t keep your hands off something when its doing good and keep tinkering eventually it falls apart. Soon after pinetree did dilute the shares the markets crashed. Many venture companies profess that they are exploring uranium. In my opinion I would not risk any of my hard earned cash into new companies. There are companies out there who always have uranium right at the tip of their tongues and don’t quite get it. They leave the investor salivating for years on never getting to the issue. Xemplar is another; though it jumped (Heaven knows why!) recently from 9 cents to 24 cents. They have uranium but they do not seem to be in any position to get an indicated or even an inferred one. That’s bad management. Give the investors a clear indication and in simple English as to where your company is going.

Its difficult enough to figure when a leader is going to move but its ten times more difficult to figure when the puppies are going to move. The penny stocks investor does not have an easy time by any means and actually works ten times harder than someone who is deciding to invest in an established major producer. The penny stock investor sometimes sits on an investment for years so he is justified in expecting 300% to 1500% profits in his investments. As not all of them come out as expected the one or two have to make up for all the others that did not.

If any of you CEO’s of various penny stocks are reading please do your selves and investors a favor. Write something down that is coherent. If you are going to give technical information than link with explanations. We may have the money but we cannot invest in stupid technical information which is incomprehensible. If it’s a big resource tell us it’s a big resource..as big as an apple, a mango, a coconut,……or a jack fruit so we have something to compare to. If you do not then please do not expect us to invest in your venture. They say half knowledge is dangerous, but no knowledge is stupidity. I would rather be dangerous than stupid! In that view the presentation on Mosquito’s website is so descriptive and simple that it easily convinces one of the advantage of going in now at near all time lows. Some very good silver companies that have moved very little are ECU, Fortuna, Endevour. Even Kinross-gold has not moved that much. How could they? The world of financing is a tough place at the present. Worth considering some of these as well as the ones on Silver@Nuts&bolts Lotto thread.

I am concerned about Lithium. while the Kings valley deposit in Nevada is large, it is not as large as some of the other deposits around the world. However in my opinion it’s a short term to medium term play. The brine deposits take a lot longer to process the lithium and this perhaps is an advantage. The USA has two major deposits. One in Kings valley Nevada and the other is a deposit in North Carolina. The one in NC has not been mined for a very long time, but from my reading it appears as if some activity is going on in those mines very recently with surveyors coming in and out of the mines. It’s a solid rock mine and that makes it expensive in the USA. The Kings valley one is ideal for lithium batteries and the deposits are shallow. There is 11 million tones of Lithium there. In comparison the Bolivian and Afghanistan deposits are massive at least double if not bigger than that. Morales is working with the Koreans to try and get that deposit going but the Afghanistan one is not something that will happen any time soon. I do not think there is a shortfall in Lithium supply. However there may be one in good quality lithium required for batteries.

Now to Silver. Have a look at this report. http://www.cmcmetals.ca/i/pdf/Silver...an-14-2010.pdf

Perhaps you have heard of it. I read it through and by my estimates it looks like the rock is worth about 4 billion dollars. I may be wrong so I would like your analysis on it. Please post your conclusions. I used the kitco cassey calculator to estimate the worth.

Now I must draw your attention back to Alternative energy. As you are aware in Solar we have been following the following stocks. TSL, CSIQ, LDK, YGE, STP, SOLF
    Some of the above have begun to decline. Keep an eye on these we will be looking to invest into them on the down side.

On Uranium stocks this week, I have had my eye on DML.TO DNN-American and most of the others I have mentioned in the past. DNN is looking overbought and long in the tooth, time for a breather, BUY on correction. CZQ has made anew high this week so it looks like it is garnering interest. Even little XE.V has been trying to jump with the big boys. That’s good news for our Juniors. Keep an eye on JNR resources, Strathmore, Continental precious minerals, Greenland minerals among others. A correction any time soon would be in order now. Include Pitchstone resources which has a reasonable portfolio of deposits including an involvement in Namibia. For our Australian readers consider Deep Yellow resources. It looks like its going places as well. Here is an article on continental precious minerals. http://mining-investment.com/2010/11...-1172010-3140/

Finally my little one came up with this joke;

Q. What happens to gold when it’s exposed to air?
    A. It gets stolen…..

Now to my old friend Mr. Mahendra Sharma, the man who takes credit for calling bulls and bears on the basis of the celestial heavens. He may call them according to the stars but the man takes hard cash on earth. After some 5 years Mr. Sharma has now come to the conclusion that Uranium will be in a bull Market. Off course he believes in only stocks on the American markets, and why not Mr. Sharama, you owe your wealth and your house to getting your clients from America. The Uranium letter will now cost you US$ 2390.00. No my eyes and your eyes are not deceived. It’s a simple case of the poor man drinking whisky and the rich man drinking whisky. Both get drunk, One just happens to pay 3 dollars a shot while the other pays 30 dollars a shot. Probably the same whisky just a different bottle. I looked at the sample letter, I am not impressed. Well! These days very little impresses me. So there I am; a cynic, a pessimist. Perhaps! If that is the letter I should be charging everyone roughly about 10,000 dollars per year. So from next year can everyone write on the 1st of April a cheque on the first page of the new thread with name to subscribe to the Uranium and alternative thread made out to SAGI 10,000 dollars. Umph! (My walking stick being thumped on the floor and an eyebrow raised- in anger). Putting a free chart from stockcharts.com and trying to impress people who are naïve is shameful Mr. Sharma. As my Indian friends are fond of saying why don’t you take a small cup of water and drown yourself in it.

The DOW has regained back up from where we thought would be the resistance. It has moved up and I would think from here we should see it get past 11500. If it does that would confirm a new high and the idea may be to buy some index in the DOW and S&P. In my opinion Uranium stocks are BUYS we need to pick more on any corrections. As they say BACK THE TRUCK UP when ever we see major corrections. Uranium spot surpassed 60 dollars this makes many of the up coming mines profitable. I have a feeling that we will not see the prices we saw in 2009 again for the general Uranium market, we may see the odd one fall. However producers will from here on move forward. Perhaps a few months more. April will be the time to think again as to what we must do.

As a conclusion. I do sincerely hope Pine tree goes sky high. I look forward to our chosen Uranium stocks moving up form here on. I also hope our choices of stocks in other commodities also show positive movements. As time moves on our methodology will change and adapt to the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Finally I ask for forgiveness if I have offended anyone. I have no intention of doing so. I would simply like to point out that caution must never be thrown to the air. I also advice that 3 dollar whisky gets you drunk a lot faster than 30 dollar whisky.

Have a good weekend. God Bless!

SAGI.
    Last edited by SAGI; 12-05-2010 at 01:22 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAGI For This Useful Post:

fat panther (12-05-2010), lunar (12-04-2010)

25. Post #273

Thanks

China begins an aggressive move in Nuclear.
    http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...d=aTABFof_roJI

sagi

26. Post #274

Thanks

France to build N-plants, supply uranium to India
    Islamabad—France and India may sign a preliminary contract that would bring Areva closer to an agreement to build two 1,650 megawatt nuclear reactors at Jaitapur and supply them with uranium.According to Indian news reports Nuclear Power Corp. of India Ltd. and French Areva, the world’s biggest nuclear-reactor builder, had signed a preliminary sales agreement in February 2009 with Nuclear Power Corp.

The reports added that Areva’s chief executive officer, Anne Lauvergeon, told a French Senate commission on Nov. 24 that negotiations were in the final stage and to expect “good news.”

French President Nicolas Sarkozy who arrives in India on Saturday (December 4, 2010) is seeking multi-billion dollar military and nuclear deals with India.

Media reports from India say that Sarkozy will escort 50 chief executives, including those of aircraft-makers Dassault Aviation and EADS. “Each has companies racing for contracts, including India’s planned purchase of $11 billion in jet fighters.”

Sarkozy is also expected to push for sales of submarines as well as combat jets, plus transport and renewable-energy deals. Chief executives of Alstom SA’s Patrick Kron and MBDA’s Antoine Bouvier, NS Dassault’s Charles Edelstenne and EADS’s Louis Gallois will also accompany Sarkozi during his trip to India.—PPA

27. Post #275

Thanks

Best public support for a decade
    03 December 2010
    This year's annual public opinion survey from the UK Nuclear Industry Association (NIA) reveals the highest level of public support for nuclear power in over a decade.

Face-to-face interviews conducted by Ipsos Mori with some 1980 adults have shown that: 40% of people are now favourable to nuclear (up seven points from last year), while 17% are unfavourable (down three points); 47% support new nuclear construction while 19% do not; and the amount of women favourable to nuclear has risen to 25% (up four points), while those unfavourable is down to 19% (down four points).

There is also overwhelming support for a balanced energy portfolio, said NIA, with 70% of people supporting a mix including nuclear, with only 9% disagreeing. This is the highest level of support since NiA and Mori started the regular poll some 12 years ago.

NIA chief executive Keith Parker commented, "It is very positive to see that seven in ten people see a clear role for nuclear in the energy mix and that there is surging support for new build. There is a real recognition of the crucial role which nuclear energy can play in securing large scale energy supplies as we move ever further towards a low-carbon economy."

There are also indications that British citizens are more familiar with nuclear power than before. Increasing three points from last year, some 20% of people feel that they know at least a fair amount on the subject. This result redresses a slippage in previous years due to a perceived confusion within the growing energy debate.

Parker looked forward: "Absolute openness and transparency is utterly critical for the nuclear industry, we must engage effectively with local communities and with the national public. The fact that we are driving familiarity with our industry back up is testament to the focus we place on public engagement."

Researched and written
    by World Nuclear News

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SAGI For This Useful Post:

Elvis (12-08-2010)

29. Post #276

Thanks

STOCK ALERT: UUU.TO has dropped 1 dollar in price. the greater price movement appears to have been due to the one off dividend. This is to be completed by 10th of December.

SAGI

30. Post #277

Thanks

A good report of the policy of Botswana in regards to mining and exploration. http://www.mbendi.com/indy/ming/af/bo/p0005.htm
    SAGI

31. Post #278

Thanks

A-Cap seeks A$15,6m for Botswana uranium study
    COMMENT PRINT EMAIL |

By: Esmarie Swanepoel
    26th November 2010
    TEXT SIZE
    PERTH (miningweekly.com) – Botswana-focused uranium hopeful A-Cap Resources plans to raise up to A$15,6-million to fund the completion of a bankable feasibility study at the Lethlakane uranium project.

The uranium developer said in a statement that it had completed a private institutional placement of 22,86-million shares, at 42c a share to raise around A$9,6-million.

The placement was made to Asian and UK-based institutions. A-Cap’s largest shareholder, China Growth Minerals, would increase its shareholding to 16,6% through the placement.

The company also announced a share purchase plan, under which it would offer 14,28-million shares, at 42c a share, to raise A$6-million.

The share purchase plan would enable shareholders to subscribe for A-Cap shares for between A$2 100 and A$15 000, with no associated brokerage costs.

The share purchase plan would open on December 2 and close on December 22, with the allotment of shares taking place before the end of the year.

The Lethlakane project currently has a Joint Ore Reserves Committee resource of 158-million pounds of uranium oxide, and A-Cap was conducting a bankable feasibility study on the project.

Pending positive results from the bankable feasibility study, A-Cap believed that it would be feasible to achieve its first uranium production in 2011.

32. Post #279

Thanks

COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

SAFETY IN SOUND GEOPOLITCAL AREAS AND THE COMING OF NEW AREAS.

India is an interesting country. Just after independence from what is now known as the U.K. India found it self in a major debt. It needed gold for backing and did not have it. The government asked the people to loan it gold and they did. Amazing what asking can do and bring a people together, for their country. The countries leaders appealed to the public for them to lend their gold to the government. India has a long history of its connection with gold. There were some 800 kingdoms in India. One of the things that the UK was banking on was that India as an independent state would not be able to consolidate or merge these independents into one large country. To their surprise one individual whose name is Sardar Valab Patel, took this task and brought all of these kingdoms under one roof. The King of Kashmir was reluctant to merge and wanted his independence. Sardar implored to the king of the time to come under India as he was well aware that the Islamic party of the time which became later the ruling party of Pakistan under Jinnah was hell bent on getting Kashmir. While the UN waited for Kashmir to decide whether it wanted to be part of India, Pakistan or an independent, Pakistan took matters into its own hands and invaded. The ruler of the time fled to India and asked India to make Kashmir part of the country. The whole issue is around the head waters of one river. One river that provides the fertile lands of Pakistan known as the Indus river. If India chose to dam this river’s head waters Pakistan would become a desert. So Kashmir became a strategic point. Lord Mountbatten the last chap to overlook India was a clever man. What was one country and would have had too much power all at once, he used the age old system of divide and rule. He believed I suspect that these two countries would eventually if they were one be too much of a force to recon with. In this process a plan was hatched to split the country into two. Eventually this country actually split into three parts. What later came to be known as East Pakistan, West Pakistan and India. Interestingly even Afghanistan was once part of India. http://www.hinduwebsite.com/history/afghan.asp . Afghanistan has been the gate way and guardians for many foreigners. No ruler or country has ever been able to permanently control the people of Afghanistan. The importance of this area to date has been its geographical location. With all its importance it has not made any significant impact on the world and neither has Kashmir. These geographical areas are forever in conflict, either for political reasons or religious. Gold and minerals have been important to this region for a long time. The peacock throne was from around this area (technically Iran), The largest diamond is said to have come from this region. Present circumstances makes these areas a no go area for miners. Considering history they won’t be for a long time.

Our stocks are not any better. There are some countries that one would consider now as a non conducive for investing. Look at Cameco. Its hedged its Uranium but the stock has risen. Cameco is not the only individual stock that has made it big in Uranium. There are two extremes in terms of concentration looking at the two biggest mines in the world. The Olympic is a multi mineral Uranium mine. Its huge by any standards, but its Uranium concentration is not even one tenth of Mc Arthur lake. It’s a big mine by any standards. Look at Rio tinto’s Namibian Rossing is also a low concentration mine but its deposit is huge and producing. Paladin with its Langer Heninrich mine also in Namibia- Low concentration. However since both mines are in Namibia, Investors are fickle about the deposits because they are worried by the possibility of conflict, political upheavel which is so prominent in Africa. Uranium 1’s Khazek deposits are also an issue after the government early this year and late last year tried to take over the mines accusing the companies of selling the uranium without permission. The gold mines have had a hell of time with Venezuela. Mines have been nationalized. DRC is another area which is full of corruption and conflict.

These areas where issues can take place within the blink of any eye make areas such as Canada more attractive. Finds in countries where political stability is not an issue become more viable, regardless of the concentration. Things may move slowly but they move and are confirmed with some sense of permanency. This brings me back to two countries in Europe, where in Sweden one of the largest deposits of Uranium was found several years ago. We have talked about it numerous times but there is more to this story then meets the eye. The other is in Finland. Don’t get me wrong for readers from Africa and Eurasia, that all investments in these countries are bad. There are areas in Africa which have been exceptional as places to work. I have mentioned these in the past. Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Egypt, Morroco are all countries in Africa where things have remained quiet for the part of half a century. We must change our attitude towards mining companies with deposits in these countries as they will play a vital part to world resources as others will too. We can’t choose where deposits are found. Kazakhstan is a country which is now competing with the likes of Canada and Australia as the largest producers of Uranium. Going back to Europe there is another miner that has been there for some time and recently made a deal with Areva for the rights to a property in Finland. Mawson resources has been mentioned in the past but before I go on let me take you a little further back to a story about another company who has a huge deposit in Labrador ( I think). We all know it because it is one of the few that is in both gold and Uranium. The company is Fronteer gold and its uranium deposit is the one that was initially owned by Aurora energy resources. Now Aurora found a great deposit and eventually Fronteer took it over completely
    http://www.auroraenergy.ca/sites/def...ENG_lowres.pdf however Fronteers current price rise is not due to its huge Uranium deposit but its gold one.

It’s a nice way to hedge into both gold and Uranium, unfortunately the locals placed a moratorium on Uranium mining and the deposit has been sitting there ever since while Fronteer makes efforts to get it lifted. It is a three year moratorium and we are through the majority of it. Three years is a long time and things change. Fronteer happens to also own a good size deposit of gold in Turkey. It also has Neumont mining as a partner in the deposit. FRG also has three projects in the USA called the Sandman, Long canyon and the Northumberland projects. They will get it done I am sure but I can see why the locals don’t want the Uranium mined. NIMBY! Regardless of this FRG has shot up with the price of gold and is currently above 10 dollars. The Uranium can only add value and I think investors are not too worried about it for the present.

Fair enough but now we go back to Mawson resources which also happens to have found some very attractive pickings in the past few months off a deposit that was originally with Areva. The area is called Romapass and they have truly found some rich pickings with samples of 43% uranium concentration and gold pickings of over 12000 gms/tonne. MAW also has other resources and is also working in Peru apart from other parts of Finland. Mason has been in the area for several years and has some resources, now unlike its neighbour Sweden Finland does not have a moratorium in place. If they do find a good resource of gold and Uranium there is more than a good chance it will see fresh air. I own both Mason and Fronteer as long term holds. In Sweden there are mines and Sweden has a history of mines. While Mason has found between 3 million pounds and 4 million pounds of Uranium, the report suggests that there is a possibility to dig about 1500 meters more of diamond drilling to get more accurate results. http://www.mawsonresources.com/i/pdf...-NI-43-101.pdf In terms of this resource there are many other companies and Mawson does not be exceptional.

A few years ago Jason Hommel was hollering about a particular stock which had massive potential and using this stock he was trying to get investors to subscribe to his site so that they could get a look at the stock. That stock was NOT.V. It had found a 50 ounce nugget of gold and it had enabled the stock to take strides. Well eventually that story ran out and a couple of years later Norant hit big in Nickel. Well Norant is still around 1 dollar and a good buy for its nickel deposit. Dines professed the Mawson resources deposit as having great potential and going places. Well it is going places but not because Dines was right. Rather Mawson made a deal with Areva and got 100% of their Finland area for about a million euros. In exchange Areva got into Mawson, they also have a lot of warrants that can buy shares at 1 dollar. Well Mawson is already past that. The speculators are pushing it past the 2 dollar range. Areva has a reason to let the resource go. Its diluted and Areva already has its hands full in Canada. So it makes sense for a smaller company to carry on with the work. The findings so far in the region is no better than the ones found by continental resources and Aura in Sweden. Here is the report for this find. Areva is interested in Urnaium and not the gold so it may be the reason Mawson got their hands on it as they were already working with Areva in the past. http://www.mawsonresources.com/i/pdf...101_REPORT.pdf

Further to that report Mawson came up with some great pickings of gold. It could turn out to be great find. If Areva did not think so they would not have gone back into Mawson but it’s a long shot. We have seen similar findings with Norrant and that eventually fizzled out. On the other hand Mawson may be able to come with a great gold resource in the future. It has the potential to be a large bulk tonnage hydrothermal system –no idea what that means but I would gather that gold has floated to the top and is concentrated into veins that run over a huge area but lower down less values will be found but there is enough there to make it economical to mine…..I guess. For now Mawson looks to have potential but its going to take a long while to get 43-101 compliant resource the area to be covered is about 1km by 9km. That’s a big area.

I talked about companies that tend to change with time and there are several companies like this. Alberta star was a uranium exploration company that is suddenly producing heavy oil and exploring for gas. So suddenly I have exposure to Gas. I thought I was already producing my own and needed no help but Alberta suggests other wise.

There are other companies like this but some have made it big and then been hit on the foot. One such company was Santoy resources. Its had its ups and downs. Santoy found resources with Boss power in British Colombia but was thwarted from exploring further by BC which brought in rules that effectively stopped boss power and therefore Santoy from exploiting the resource. Since then Santoy and Boss has taken BC to court and the case is pending. Since then it has moved forward and merged with another company that had found a giant resource in Virginia. The new company effectively came to be known as Virginia Uranium with Santoy having some 24% of the equity. The resource is some 119 million pounds of uranium. Santoy has also found itself in other resources and partnerships including with Dennison and Areva. They have their fingers in a lot of pots so its impossible to cover Santoy here. I suggest you DYODD and we will cover this company in a few weeks time. Santoy is now known as Virginia Energy resources VAE.V

Gold has moved back up so it is likely that we will see higher highs from here. However it needs to break past its earlier high of 1424.00. We will wait to see this happen. There appears to be some resistance at this point which is natural, so we may see several attempts before success.

I have been more prudent with my investments since 2008. I can hardly afford another down fall. Some may consider me a pessimist. I prefer the description; “Cautious” as appropriate. I have no feelings for stocks. I have no idea if they will continue to move up or down. I cannot guarantee that a group will make a singular movement or develop their characters individually. Considering this I have my own methodology that suits my finances and my prescription for growth. One of the things that I always consider is Public sentiment and often I am early rather than late in these. I worry that the uranium bull can take a rather deep breath. It really does not matter if one considers that we are in a long term bull run.

The last time we had a uranium bull run it coincided with the run on oil. Both hit major highs and for obvious reasons. Oil is presently moving up and wonder of wonders so is Uranium. At the same time there is excitement in the companies news. Suddenly stocks that have been hibernating are suddenly awakening. Often these can be false starts. Not to burst anyone’s balloon, but we need to be aware of stocks that suddenly take off. If they do be aware they can equally quickly if not faster come down as their meteoric rise is based around investor sentiment. If one is going to invest for the long term, hold onto the hardy stocks, ones that have shown resource growth, financial growth, and management growth. Many a greedy investor has had his or her feathers plucked. These will be the true movers. In a bull run we always see the producers gain momentum than the mid cap producers and finally in the final stages of the bull in pure euphoria the laggards, and the smallest resource stocks simply take off. At that point I would be selling never waiting for that moment of , “Over the hill”. There will be yet others that will be sold mid way, the momentum turning down for them, I would move on take profits and reinvest in others that are gaining momentum. It’s the only way I know how to continue to show growth. Those stocks bought at previous highs will also be sold and that is often why we see resistance at certain levels and where a great deal of stocks are exchanging hands but the price movement is relatively limited. Certain support levels see the same kind of action where buyers and sellers reach equilibrium. Several of the stocks we talk about have reached certain ceilings and look over bought.

However having said that we may not have a correction but a consolidation. Any stock requires time to absorb or digest the move. PNP.TO is reaching that position now, DNN may do so in the next few days. I am expecting it to hit some breathing space at around 3.50. If I was sitting on DNN from below 1.20 now would be the time to sell some and buy back on weakness. Add a few more shares that way. I have never been fond of the smaller resource stocks in terms of size of resource. However these smaller resource stocks require less money to start a mine and usually are quicker off the mark. Big elephants take time to move everything has to be in their proportion. However once they do begin to gain momentum there appears to be very little to stop this momentum. It’s the size. The best ones are those that start of small and seem to develop massive resources when they do that they really do make it big. Look at bear creek mining, Cameco, PAAS and SIL. These are just a few of the ones we know.

Giants take time to wake from their slumber. Goliath needed a few prods before he was ready to move, David on the other hand did not. Not exactly a good example especially since I am advocating purchasing into giant deposits. Based on the first paragraphs, I still think giants like those of continental precious minerals will make it big. Their problems are also giants. First of all the finance required just to start up the mine is in excess of 3 billion dollars. Secondly they need a major partner who is experienced in this sort of deposit and I assure you there are not many of them out there. You can probably count them on the fingers of one hand. Poor continental they have no one to look up to, the chances are that BHP, Rio or someone equally big will have to come in. However the solution to power storage lies in that deposit in the 20 billion pounds of Vanadium there. That effectively makes it the largest deposit in the world and in effect its bigger than the Olympic dam deposit. That deposit is worth at least 250 billion dollars at current prices. It’s a real long term hold for this stock. I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually that deposit becomes worth half a trillion dollars. Price ideally should be around 19 dollars and not 90 cents. That’s according to one analyst anyway. This is Goliath……in slumber god knows when he will wake up.

By far my favorite stocks in Uranium are just two. One is ACAP which I would consider David and the other is Dennison mines which has such good chances of making it as top tier miner. Both deposits are in the economical range of good profits in the future. Dennison because of the concentration and ACAP because the deposit is near surface and needs to be scooped up. Its easy as pie in terms of mining. Its not a small deposit at 300 million pounds. Its hell of a deposit which is nearly as big as Paladins and Rio’s in neighboring Namibia. This stock could easily be over 10 dollars in a couple of years. I know its Australian based but honestly spend the extra money and pick it up at 42 cents. http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au...nds-12133.html On a two horse race to become a producer based on new resources I will place bets on ACAP to take the race. Things just happen a lot quicker in Africa because we also die a lot quicker here so we need da money quick. No time to waste bra-dar, someone goin to take me place and den him making money quick and me in the grave quick so me betar make moni quick. Yessir so a little of the lingo from Africa but yes things do move faster here. With that kind of resource in terms of deposits it places it in line with Paladin, Uranium 1. Not many deposits of that level around. Sorry no offence to my African brothers, and no offence as I did not pull that lingo and accent quite right but you get the drift.

Ok so I lied I do have more than just two favorite stocks. PNP.TO (Grudgingly). I liked this stock no matter that I do not like the way the company is managed. I like it for its principle and the exposure it gives the investor, but I do not like it for the fact that information on its buys and sells is not forthcoming nor the lack of accuracy of what it is currently holding. It’s a PLC and it should be straight forward in its releases. I also do not like the fact that it habitually consolidates and multiplies its stocks. I do like Uranium 1, but I am skeptical for its Russian involvement. I do like Paladin but again I do not like the fact that they never reach or complete their promises of production. I do like Cameco but do not like it for its hedging practices. As you note I have likes and dislikes in almost all the stocks.

I hate it when worms come out of the wood work. Lets rephrase that “cockroaches” Here is an article http://www.dailywealth.com/1556/Inve...s-Just-Started
    Suddenly everyone is talking about Uranium like he has been doing so all his life. The ultimate Uranium bull. This is serious bullshit. Another corporate chap trying to climb the same ladder. This is why I like GIM, honest strategies, honest talk, straight talk. If you don’t like it you can say it. Here is another one they exploit it to no end. http://www.growthstockwire.com/1728/...ew-Bull-Market

Uranium stocks just cannot go up constantly they have to take a breath. Sometimes shallow sometimes deep but as long as they do not break support they are good to go. In the event that they do not break support they are indicating a positive move. It’s a long term move. Once they begin moving back up they are giving a positive indication the first such indication provides us with confidence to get in strongly. High volumes help. So look for these. BUY on weakness as this will be a good position to get in for those that have not done so already.

Uranium stocks this Wednesday along with gold and silver are slipping. Biggest movers downwards is a dollar drop on UUU.TO this Wednesday. Other Uranium stocks are also showing signs of consolidating if not correcting. No panic as yet but its still early days and December is always fickle. It was inevitable that with all the talk about Uranium someone was bound to start taking profits as the stocks rose too high too quick, now we will see if the longs have it or the shorts have it. Its time to wait. Fundamentals are still strong so we will be buying tomorrow or perhaps on Friday.

I will be unable to post a coffee article next week as I will be away for a break. I will come back in the middle of December and begin writing the Christmas special. So the next article will probably be around 24th of December. There will be a full moon on the 21st of December we may see changes then. Tuesdays often indicate how the rest of the week can go. I think I am getting funny in my old age but its true. Gold has been weak this Tuesday so the rest of the week may not go so well for it. Full moon tends to do funny things to stocks and changes direction. Lets hope for the best.

Now for something that is very close to my heart and that is charity. I am hoping that every reader will make a great deal of money in the uranium run. I sincerely hope that some day I may sit in a room with all of you and see in front of me and behind me true men and women of great wealth. With this wealth I also sincerely hope that your hearts will open up and be charitable to those that need it most. There are millions of people out there who are not in as enviable position as us. Many do not have food others do not have education yet others do not even have the means to make enough for food on a daily basis. I do my own charity privately without informing others, nor do I want to be known to have donated. I believe that the spirit gave us the ability and strength to make something of ourselves so that we may also in his wisdom provide others steps that will improve their lives. I suggest that in the event you do make a great deal of money you provide 10% to charities of your choice. This is the time of Christmas, the time for us to contemplate what we have done and to be as charitable as we can. May your profits have the maximum impact in years to come and may your own household find great peace along with great prosperity and health. I think our actions are a prayer to god in itself. Mere prayers are not enough we must reinforce it with our actions which must be good and just. Let us pray that we will be able to make an impact on others who will be helped by our efforts.

I will take your leave for two weeks. I hope that the uranium stocks will continue with their dynamic moves. Do place stop loses so that you do not loose a lot of money or profit. I sincerely hope that we have seen the behind of the worst of these markets and from here on we will be in a great bull run beginning next year and moving on for the coming decade. Children will be coming home for the Christmas holidays. Be good to them and try to be like your children rather than making them like us this Christmas. What I mean is look through your child’s or grand child’s eyes and be as happy as them look at the world through their eyes. What a different world it is.

Have a wonderful two weeks.
    Stay safe! Stay happy!

SAGI

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SAGI For This Useful Post:

Elvis (12-09-2010)

34. Post #280

Found a way in
    Thanks

Hi Sagi,

I was looking at the one year chart for Continental (CZQ) compared to Fortune Minerals (FT). The two stocks have followed a strikingly similar pattern. Recently Fortune has made a big move up after following a line formation in November. Continental has made a similar move, including a pull back to support.
    My gut is telling me that Continental is ready to make a similar move up. What are your thoughts? (note: My opinions are probably clouded by just finishing a book on how to read stock charts)

Regards,

Brewster

35. Post #281

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Hi Sagi,

I was looking at the one year chart for Continental (CZQ) compared to Fortune Minerals (FT). The two stocks have followed a strikingly similar pattern. Recently Fortune has made a big move up after following a line formation in November. Continental has made a similar move, including a pull back to support.
    My gut is telling me that Continental is ready to make a similar move up. What are your thoughts? (note: My opinions are probably clouded by just finishing a book on how to read stock charts)

Regards,

Brewster
    SISTERS! An amazing occurrence that does not happen often in penny stocks or smaller companies. Usually this often happens with leader stocks. Even luckier when there is a lagger. One stock leads the other. I do not know FT. My suggestion is to look at all the technical indicators over the last three years and see how often this has happened with these stocks. Unfortunately I am away for some time and will not be able to follow it for at least a few days. Please do the research and do post it over here it will be appreciated. Let us have your conclusions.
    Try to place all technicals on your side along with your guts if you can or place reasonable stop losses based on support levels set previously. I look forward to more on this.
    Regds
    SAGI

36. Post #282

Thanks

Does look correlated after having a brief look. Still CZQ is a very good buy any way for the longer period.
    SAGI

37. Post #283

Found a way in
    Thanks

Hi Sagi,

I definately agree that CZQ is a good buy. I like the huge potential (i.e. the large deposit of minerals) on this one, so I picked up some shares last week, and will ride it out for the longer term. The sleeping "giants" like Continental (and until recently Fortune Minerals) are the types of speculative stocks that I can't resist. Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge at this time to do detailed stock analysis on the two charts, however, I appreciate all of your comments.

Regards,

Brewster

38. Post #284

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mongololia has announced the suspension of 1800 mining permits out of 4000. 254 gold miners. Names to be released in the next few days. This has happened somewhat regularly here (Mongolia). Look out below for share prices. (?)

39. Post #285

Thanks

Fronteer Gold Inc.

TSX: FRG
    NYSE Amex: FRG

Dec 17, 2010 05:31 ET
    Fronteer Gold Enters Into Agreement to Sell Its Uranium Assets to Paladin Energy
    VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 17, 2010) - Fronteer Gold Inc. (TSX:FRG)(NYSE Amex:FRG) announces today it has entered into an Asset Sale Agreement under which Paladin Energy Ltd. (ASX:PDN)(TSX:PDN) will acquire 100% of the uranium assets of Aurora Energy Resources Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fronteer Gold.
    Under the terms of the Agreement, Fronteer Gold will receive 52.1 million common shares of Paladin valued at C$260.87 million, calculated using the recent five-day volume weighted average price of Paladin common shares on the TSX. Upon closing, Fronteer Gold will be the largest Paladin shareholder at approximately 6.7%. Closing of the transaction is expected in the first quarter 2011 and remains subject to applicable regulatory approvals, including approval of the TSX.
    This transaction is consistent with Fronteer Gold's stated goal of becoming a significant gold producer in Nevada, and allows management to focus time and resources on advancing the company's recently consolidated flagship Long Canyon project and wholly owned Northumberland project.
    "This transaction crystallizes significant value for Fronteer Gold's uranium assets," says Mark O'Dea, President and CEO of Fronteer Gold. "Paladin is uniquely positioned to advance Aurora's Michelin Project by virtue of their demonstrated development skills, excellent financial strength and strong track record of social and environmental stewardship in communities in which they operate. With this world-class project added to their development pipeline, we believe Paladin will have one of the most exciting production growth profiles in the uranium industry. This transaction gives us the option of maintaining exposure to the uranium price through a meaningful shareholding in a high-quality, diversified uranium producer. Ultimately, this capital will be deployed to build out our Nevada gold projects, leaving our company in an exceptionally strong strategic and financial position."
    John Borshoff, Managing Director and CEO of Paladin comments: "We welcome Fronteer Gold as our largest shareholder and acknowledge the quality of work completed moving Aurora's uranium assets forward. Paladin remains one of the few independent global uranium producers and this acquisition provides geographic diversification and a world-class asset located in Canada, a leader in global uranium production. Paladin plans to advance these assets in accordance with our communicated growth strategies, thus benefiting all shareholders, customers and the stakeholders of Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland and Labrador."
    ABOUT FRONTEER GOLD
    We intend to become a significant gold producer. Our future potential production platform includes our Long Canyon, Sandman and Northumberland projects - all located in Nevada. We also have a 40% interest in Halilaga, an emerging copper-gold porphyry deposit in northwestern Turkey. For further information on Fronteer Gold, visit www.fronteergold.com.

40. Post #286

Thanks

Western Lithium Produces 99.5% to 99.9% Lithium Carbonate From Initial Pilot Tests

Companies:Western Lithium USA CorpWESTERN LITHIUM USA
    Related Quotes
    Symbol Price Change
    WLC.V 1.21 +0.09

Press Release Source: Western Lithium USA Corporation On Friday December 17, 2010, 9:17 am EST
    RENO, NEVADA--(Marketwire - 12/17/10) - Western Lithium USA Corporation (TSX-V:WLC - News)(PINK SHEETS:WLCDF - News) is pleased to announce that a series of analytical assay results by two independent laboratories indicate that high quality lithium carbonate was produced during lithium carbonate pilot studies performed in Denver, Colorado, for Western Lithium's Kings Valley, Nevada property.

Two independent laboratories in the U.S. and Canada reported results of lithium carbonate analyses of up to 99.5% lithium carbonate purity, and in some cases high purity of 99.9% based on the precision of the analytical methods employed. Western Lithium's processing method achieves 99.5% purity, but still shows elevated parts per million levels of sodium and potassium sulphate. However, following the standard processing, the pilot tests included a simple carbon dioxide treatment, which resulted in the lithium carbonate product upgrading to high purity product that is expected to meet industry battery requirements. Western Lithium has now produced approximately 2 kg of lithium carbonate product from its Nevada property.

"In 2010, we achieved our milestone to demonstrate that we can competitively produce high quality lithium carbonate from one of the largest known lithium deposits in the world located in Nevada(1)," said Western Lithium's President, Jay Chmelauskas. "With a competitive cost structure and potential scalability, we are well positioned to potentially displace some offshore lithium imports into the United States, and also to compete with exporting countries supplying lithium products to Asian battery and automotive manufacturers. In 2011, we will focus our attention on process and engineering optimization, product design and permitting."

In 2010, a Preliminary Assessment and Economic Evaluation Report was completed that indicated the proposed project is expected to compete as a low-cost lithium carbonate producer (see SEDAR filing, Feb. 10, 2010). The company is now proceeding with engineering optimization and pre-feasibility work, and this next stage of development will focus on final product specifications including product purity, size and performance. The engineering will incorporate the findings from the pilot studies as well as define parameters that will satisfy battery requirements potentially without a carbon dioxide upgrade process. A large-scale production run is now underway to initially produce approximately 20 kg of lithium carbonate for engineering optimization and product design to include in the pre-feasibility study.

Qualified Person

Dennis Bryan, P.E., Western Lithium's Senior Vice President of Development is the Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101 that has reviewed the technical data in this news release.

Western Lithium is developing the Kings Valley, Nevada lithium deposit into potentially one of the world's largest(1) strategic, scalable and reliable sources of high quality lithium carbonate. The Company is positioning itself as a major U.S.-based supplier to support the rising global demand for lithium carbonate that is expected from the increased use of hybrid/electric vehicles.

(1) Western Lithium has completed National Instrument 43-101 resource estimates on two portions of the property, one of which is envisioned for the initial stage of mine development. These resources cover part of the mineralization from a historical estimate of 11 million tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) prepared by Chevron Resources Corp. in the 1980s that encompasses all of the King's Valley lithium lens deposits identified to date, and ranks in size behind deposits in Bolivia (47 million tonnes LCE), Chile (37 million tonnes LCE), North Carolina (14 million tonnes LCE) and the DRC (12 million tonnes LCE). Source: R. Keith Evans, 2010; Roskill Information Services Ltd., 2009; and company disclosures. A qualified person has not done sufficient work to classify the historical estimate as current mineral resources under National Instrument 43-101, the Company is not treating the historical estimate as current mineral resources and the historical estimate should not be relied upon.

41. Post #287

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

Happy Birthday Sagi!!!

42. Post #288

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by __hoot__ View Post
    Happy Birthday Sagi!!!

Thanks HOOT. Forgot all about it. As was busy with the boys in Mombasa. Photos will be posted soon.
    Hope you are keeping out of the cold.
    SAGI

43. Post #289

Thanks

Dec 16, 2010 08:00 ET
    Kivalliq Energy Corporation: 2010 Prospecting Program at Angilak Identifies 9 High Priority Target Areas; Assay Highlights Include Multiple Grab Samples In Excess of 25% U3O8
    VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 16, 2010) - Kivalliq Energy Corporation (TSX VENTURE:KIV) (the "Company" or "Kivalliq") today announced assay results from the 2010 summer prospecting program at the 225,000 acre Angilak Property in Nunavut, Canada. Nine priority areas were identified based upon results, including assays from 290 grab samples collected from in-situ rock sources and glacial float material, over an eight week period from July through September 2010. Of the samples collected, 17% returned values in excess of 1% U308. In addition, several samples returned high grade values in silver, molybdenum, copper and gold.
    "The 2010 prospecting program continued to demonstrate the potential of the Angilak Property," stated Kivalliq's President, Jeff Ward, P. Geo. "This year's prospecting program has already led to the discovery of Lac Ciquante style mineralization in drill hole 10-NE001 and will provide us with the basis for an aggressive 2011 exploration program."
    Prospecting Program Highlights
    9 new priority areas identified
    51 samples assayed over 1% U308
    High grade silver, molybdenum, copper and gold mineralization identified in several showings
    High-Grade Sample Highlights
    Sample ID # - Grades by Metal
    Sample 14968 - 47.8% U3O8, 1.58% Mo, 1.74% Cu, 16.5% Pb, and 740 g/t Ag
    Sample 14639 - 42.1% U3O8, 0.431% Cu, 11.8% Pb and 197 g/t Ag
    Sample 14568 - 35.4% U3O8 and 683 g/t Ag
    Sample 14876 - 30.7% U308 and 690 g/t Ag
    Sample 14771 - 30.1% U308 and 341 g/t Ag
    For geological maps identifying key samples and areas from Kivalliq's 2010 prospecting program and a table of key results, please visit http://kivalliqenergy.com/projects/i...=79#section120.
    Background
    The 225,000 acre Angilak Property hosts more than 150 historic mineralized showings discovered in the late 1970's and early 1980's by several companies formerly active in the region, including Pan Ocean Oil, Noranda Resources Inc. and Urangesellschaft of Canada Ltd. For the 2010 prospecting campaign, historic occurrences were ranked and prioritized based on geological setting and past results. Of these, 38 areas were selected for follow-up. These areas were then used as focal points for initial follow-up, expanding exploration to cover favourable trends and geology.
    2010 Prospecting Program
    A helicopter supported four man prospecting crew explored the Angilak property for approximately eight weeks during July, August and September. In addition to expanding historic areas of interest identified by previous operators, several new radioactive showings were identified in 2010.
    Prospecting and mapping identified 9 high priority areas based upon results from a total of 290 grab samples. Of these samples, 151 are considered to represent insitu source rocks, including samples collected from historic trenches, mineralized outcrops and subcropping exposures. The remaining 139 samples represent glacial float material, such as cobbles and boulders, frost heaved clasts and glacial till.
    A high proportion of these samples collected during the program returned high grade uranium, copper, molybdenum, lead, silver and gold values. Results to date have identified at least 9 areas that display significant potential for uranium and other mineralization in bedrock. These are considered high priority areas, with 51 samples returning U3O8 results in excess of 1%, as shown on the prospecting map that accompanies this release and also summarized below.
    Joule Trend
    The Joule trend is a 1.75 kilometre long, southeast striking area scoured by glacial outwash, hosting sheared and faulted volcanics, with vein controlled mineralization. The trend coincides with a 4.5 kilometre long geophysical conductor, analogous to the Lac Cinquante Main Zone which is located five kilometres west. Historic work includes the discovery of a 12 pound pitchblende boulder four short drill holes within the trend. Most of the 2010 work encountered narrow widths of very radioactive mineralization (<50 cm), however mineralization styles and grades show similarities to Lac Cinquante. The trend is also situated just 2.5 kilometres west of Kivalliq's main "Nutaaq Camp" site.
    Highlight samples from the Joule Trend:
    Sample 14968 - 47.8% U3O8, 1.58% Mo, 1.74% Cu, 16.5% Pb, and 740 g/t Ag from float material collected near the western extent of the anomalous trend
    Sample 14795 - 22.6% U3O8, 0.45% Mo, 0.616% Cu, 7.90% Pb and 314 g/t Ag from a strongly altered hematitic brittle fracture set in a gabbro outcrop, 140m along strike to the southeast from 14968
    Sample # 14771 - 35.4% U3O8 and 683 g/t Ag; Sample # 14773 - 30.1% U308 and 341 g/t Ag; Sample #14568 - 25.3% U308 and 280 g/t Ag from cobbles collected centrally within the Joule trend
    Sample 14639 - 42.1% U3O8, 0.431% Cu, 11.8% Pb and 197 g/t Ag from a narrow 5 cm wide pitchblende/limonite vein, 1.4 kilometres southeast of the high counts returned by sample 14968 and 14795 on the eastern end of the Joule trend
    Sample 14561 - 6.65% U3O8, 1.23% Mo, 3.2% Pb and 315 g/t Ag from an outcrop on a parallel southeast trending linear, located 800m north
    Numerous additional outcrop and float samples within the Joule trend returned strongly anomalous values that corroborate high grade values shown above and demonstrate the prevalence of uranium along the entire trend. The Company has identified multiple high-priority targets to test in this area during the 2011 exploration program.
    Blaze Zone
    The area referred to as Blaze returned several strongly anomalous values from float material, surrounding a sequence of south east trending conductors similar to the geophysical response seen at Lac Cinquante. A radioactive sulphide‐bearing vein and angular float was uncovered east of the conductors, indicating uranium mineralization may be present along these conductive sources. One conductor was successfully drill tested by DDH 10-NE-001 which returned two high grade U3O8 intersections of 0.83% U3O8 over 1.4 metres and 0.66% U3O8 over 2.4 metres (released Dec. 13, 2010).
    Highlight samples from the Blaze Zone:
    Sample 14876 – 30.7% U3O8, 0.24% Cu, and 690 g/t Ag from pitchblende rich chlorite/ carbonate float collected approximately 300m southeast from drill hole 10-NE-001 along strike of the VLF conductor tested
    Sample 14951 – 26.3% U3O8, 1.29% Cu, and 240 g/t Ag from pitchblende rich float material collected approximately 225m northeast from drill hole 10-NE-001
    Sample 14589 – 10.5% U3O8, and 39 g/t Ag from pitchblende float material collected adjacentl to a an untested VLF conductor approximately 550m northeast from drill hole 10-NE-001
    Forte
    The Forte trend lies 3 kilometres west of the Blaze area near old trenches in radioactive conglomerate. However, the area to the north was not well explored and hosts a 500 m fault crosscutting a regional conductor with tuff, basalt, mineralized sandstone float on surface and a new radioactive boulder train not previously reported. Sample # 14553 returned assay values of 3.07% U3O8, 0.94% Cu and 102 g/t Ag.
    PWR
    The PWR area is located 7.3 kilometres due north of Lac Cinquante in mixed gneissic rocks. Two old trenches expose high grade pitchblende‐Cu sulphide veins at the contact between mafic and granodioritic gneiss. A zone of highly radioactive veinlets 1 to 5 cm in wide host are surrounded by hematite alteration. Magnetics suggest PWR may be related to regional deformation along a structure. Sample # 14593 returned assay values of 14.4% U3O8, 1.29% Mo and 135 g/t Ag.
    Force
    The Force trend is underlain by gneissic rock and mafic schist situated central to the property. Mineralization is found as very radioactive mudboils and subcrop which likely represent structurally controlled, uranium bearing hematite breccias and veins just below surface. Sample # 14984 returned assay values of 21.40% U3O8, 1.12% Cu and 1980 g/t Ag.
    Lucky Break
    The Lucky Break area is a new showing discovered in 2010. The area is situated 11.3 kilometres NW of Lac Cinquante. Outcrop exposure is minimal in the immediate area, but several highly radioactive polymetallic sulphide and pitchblende in quartz-carbonate breccia veins were recovered from subcrop beneath 30‐60 cm of till cover. Sample # 14978 returned assay values of 4.53% U3O8, 2.62% Cu and 78 g/t Ag.
    Bog
    The Bog trend is located in sheared and faulted basement gneiss intruded by trachytic dykes of the Christopher Island Formation, 14.5 kilometres northwest of Lac Cinquante. Previous operators delineated a SW‐trending crustal break, which was not drill tested. Radioactive outcrop, subcrop, and frost heaved boulders are found along a 3 kilometres of strike length, in an area largely covered by till. Uranium and sulphide seems to be controlled by shear/fracture structures and alteration related to dykes intruding granodioritic gneiss. Sample # 14830 returned assay values of 1.42% U3O8, 2.12% Cu and 70 g/t Ag.
    VGR
    The VGR trend is located approximately 25 kilometres northwest of Lac Cinquante, just inside the Yathykyed sub-basin. Previous operators performed geological, geophysical, and geochemical work between 1977 and 1981, but did not drill test this target. The trend hosts a 3 to 7 metre‐wide, steeply‐dipping carbonate/hematite vein and fracture system hosting radioactivity and sulphide mineralization. Radioactive boulders and structure can be traced for over 3000 metres, making the VGR trend an excellent target for unconformity-type mineralization. Sample # 14766 returned assay values of 3.64% U3O8 and 2040 g/t Ag.
    YAT
    The Yat area is located 15.6 kilometres SW of Lac Cinquante near the northern margin of the Angikuni subasin. The trend comprises a 100 m long string of sulphide‐bearing and radioactive subcrops in clastic rock. A grab sample collected in 2007 returned 39 grams Au, 100 ppm Ag, 1.18% Cu, and 0.24% U3O8 from brecciated quartz–carbonate veined float and trenches. Samples collected in 2010 confirmed and improved on these values, including sample # 14787 with 1.44% U3O8, 1140 g/t Ag, and 12.90 g/t Au.
    Overview of 2010 Exploration Program at Angilak
    The 2010 Program at Angilak operated from April to October and consisted of new camp construction, property-wide prospecting, environmental baseline studies, and a total of 16,600 metres of resource definition and exploratory drilling in 107 holes. All results have now been reported from both the 2010 drill program and prospecting campaign.
    The remainder of the year will be dedicated to technical and resource modeling analysis with the goal of establishing a NI 43-101 mineral resource by Q1 2011.
    QA/QC
    Samples collected as part of the 2010 prospecting program were comprised of grab samples generally less than 2.5 kilograms in size. All samples were analyzed for U3O8 and a multi-element suite by Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) Geoanalytical Laboratories. The SRC facility operates in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (CAN-P-4E), General Requirements for the Competence of Mineral Testing and Calibration laboratories and is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada. The samples are first analyzed by SRC's ICP-OES multi-element Uranium exploration ICP1 method. ICP results U>1000 parts per million (ppm) are analyzed using SRC's ISO/IEC 17025:2005-accredited U3O8 Assay method. Other metal s analyzed by ICP were reported in ppm and subsequently converted to % or grams/tonne. Other metals will be verified by additional assays. Gold was analyzed using the Au1 and Au3 fire assay methods. Laboratory quality control (QC) includes a repeat analysis on every 20th sample. Repeat samples had good reproducibility.
    Disclosure of a technical nature contained in this release has been reviewed and approved by Jeff Ward, P.Geo. (President, Kivalliq) who is the Qualified Person for the purposes of National Instrument 43-101.
    About Kivalliq Energy Corporation
    Kivalliq Energy Corporation is a uranium exploration and development company, and the first company in Canada to sign a comprehensive agreement with the Inuit of Nunavut to explore for uranium on Inuit Owned Lands in Nunavut.
    The Lac Cinquante Deposit is Canada's highest grade uranium deposit outside of the Athabasca Basin. Kivalliq's core asset, the 225,000 acre Angilak Property hosts the historic Lac Cinquante uranium deposit, and over 150 other uranium occurrences. Since acquiring the project in 2008 the Company has invested approximately $11.9 million on the property conducting systematic exploration which has included ground and airborne geophysics, geological mapping, prospecting and 18,350 meters of drilling.
    On behalf of the Board of Directors
    Jim Paterson, CEO
    Kivalliq Energy Corporation
    Kivalliq Energy Corporation is a member of the Discovery Group of companies, for more information on the group visit www.discoveryexp.com.
    Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this

44. The Following User Says Thank You to SAGI For This Useful Post:

__hoot__ (12-19-2010)

45. Post #290

Silver Member
    Thanks

Sagi,

Didn't know your b-day. All the best, anyway!

46. Post #291

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat panther View Post
    Sagi,

Didn't know your b-day. All the best, anyway!
    Hi hi up to a certain age you want to remember every birthday after a certain age you want to forget everyone of them....

47. Post #292

Getting Acclimated Prospector Elvis's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy birthday, and thanks for what you do here.

48. Post #293

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Happy birthday, and thanks for what you do here.
    No! Thank you Elvis and to all the readers and contributors. Its appreciated and I sincerely hope it helps everyone.

Thank you,
    SAGI

49. Post #294

Getting Acclimated Prospector
    Thanks

A big thx and all the best!

50. Post #295

Thanks

Hey, happy B-day

51. Post #296

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Hey, happy B-day
    thanks GF its appreciated.
    SAGI

52. Post #297

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optics View Post
    A big thx and all the best!
    Thanks Optics
    SAGI

53. 12-21-2010, 05:34 AM

54. 12-21-2010, 05:39 AM

55. Post #298

Thanks

Mosquito Hires International Engineering Firm.
    Mosquito Consolidated Gold Mines Limited MSQ
    12/15/2010 4:21:06 PM
    Dec 15, 2010 (TheNewswire.ca via COMTEX News Network) --
    (via Thenewswire.ca)
    Vancouver, December 15 2010 - Mosquito Consolidated Gold Mines Limited (Mosquito - TSX Venture: MSQ) is pleased to announce that Snowden Group has been contracted to provide a updated 43-101 resource calculation for the Cumo project and to do a simulation in order to optimize the drill hole locations required to bring the project to pre-feasibility and feasibility. The resource calculation is expected to be completed by March 2011 and will include the 12 drill holes drilled since the last resource calculation was completed (May, 2009).
    Snowden is a premium provider of consulting services, technology solutions and technical training to the mining and related sectors. It has offices worldwide and are considered experts in the study and development of major open pit accessible deposits.
    Snowden will also be involved, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with producing and managing, both the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies required to move the project forward. Snowden resource experts conducted an independent site visit to the project during the last week of November.
    In other news, the 2010 drill program has been completed at CuMo. A total of 1312.8 meters (4,307 feet) in three drill holes were completed from the private land, purchased during the summer of 2010. All three holes intersected near surface molybdenum bearing mineralization as well as several base-precious metal bearing mineralized veins. The samples are currently at the laboratory for analysis and results will be released when they are available.
    Work is proceeding on schedule, for the delivery of the final environmental assessment decision supporting report and the announcement of the decision by the United States Forest Service in regards to Mosquito's plan of operations for the CuMo project. The permit will allow Mosquito to complete all drilling required for the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies. Mosquito intends to complete a pre-feasibility study by first quarter 2012 and a feasibility study by early 2013.
    Mosquito also continues to negotiate with several different parties interested in funding the CuMo project through its various stages of development.
    Mosquito also wishes to report that 2,721,856 warrants @ 45 cents expiring on November 21, 2010 have been exercised.
    Mr. Shaun M. Dykes, M.Sc. (Eng), P.Geo., Exploration Manager and Director of Mosquito is the designated qualified person for the CUMO Project and prepared the technical information contained in this news release.
    On Behalf of the Board
    MOSQUITO CONSOLIDATED GOLD MINES LTD.
    Brian McClay
    President
    About Mosquito Consolidated Gold Mines
    Mosquito Consolidated Gold Mines Limited is a mining exploration and development company with a diverse portfolio of high potential precious and base metals projects, located in North America. The Company's primary focus is developing its Idaho-based CuMo project, one of the world's largest molybdenum deposits. For more information, please visit www.mosquitogold.com
    THIS NEWS RELEASE WAS PREPARED BY MANAGEMENT WHO TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS CONTENTS. THE TSX-VENTURE EXCHANGE does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

56. Post #299

Silver Member
    Thanks

Everyone have a happy and safe holiday season!!

57. Post #300

Thanks

And hey, did we mention, lithium?

CALGARY, CANADA -- This is only my third week on board the Good Ship Ticker Trax but you will notice a theme (at least for the time being): clean balance sheets and cash. I might love penny stocks, but I hate high risk. While the two often go hand in hand, the risk can “usually” be managed.

From February to August of 2010, penny stocks were the black sheep of the stock market. Everything from small cap to large cap was doing very well since March 2009, but this year most everyone sat around waiting for a correction and avoided the microcaps and junior exploration stocks.

Fortunately that all changed heading into September, but as we often find out, the first sign of a broad-based correction and you best batten down the hatches as your small stocks will be the first thing thrown overboard.

Markets were over-heated and due for consolidation if nothing else. That started a week ago and may have reached its peak Tuesday. That doesn’t mean to say the wall of worry is over, but it does mean we have gone through a healthy correction and commodities in particular continue to look very good. China wants to slow its growth, but tell that to more than a billion people who are getting a taste of what the rest of the world has consumed for decades. India will be no different.

So two months into a resource stock rally, one that was rocked by sellers earlier this week, and I am asked to provide extra insight for Ticker Trax subscribers. I could throw caution to the wind and play the most popular trends, but when many charts have gone vertical in two months, I was not prepared to throw subscribers under the bus for the sake of “blending in.”

So for the month of November (and maybe December), while the markets try to figure out where they want to go, I will maintain a focus on strong cash positions. This goes a long way in managing risk. Cardero (TSX: T.CDU, Stock Forum) was the first week in this current price range, and last week was Medwell Capital (TSX: T.MWC, Stock Forum), also in this price range. Medwell attracted little interest because it’s a boring biotech with assets. Cardero buyers pushed the stock about 10 percent higher – much like what occurred earlier this month with other junior resource companies. It’s pulled back a bit but fortunately the fundamentals (and cash) are there to support it during market selloffs.

Published to Ticker Trax subscribers at $0.85. Subscribe today to gain access to exclusive opportunities.
    This week we’re looking at a stock with significant cash and exposure to Gold, Copper, Uranium and Lithium.

Western Uranium (TSX: V.WUC, Stock Forum; $1.00)
    www.westernuranium.com

Shares Outstanding: Approx. 60 million
    Net Cash: $41 million (68 cents/share) – as of June 30, 2010
    Shares of sister company Western Lithium (TSX: V.WLC, Stock Forum; $1.16): 19.7 million worth $22 million (37 cents/share)
    www.westernlithium.com

Cash and the investment in Canada-traded WLC are worth $1.05/share, which means exploration projects carry zero value by the market. From the low or mid 80-cent range this is a well-balanced play.

I followed WUC back in 2009 and while we made a bit of money on it, I dropped coverage in the spring of 2010 when it was stuck on a treadmill. Throughout all of 2010 this company has been unable to break this 80-cent range. Occasionally I see large crosses low or mid 0.80's but two of them occurred very recently. Both days were just over one million shares and near 85 cents. When markets sold off this past week, WUC tested 81 cents but recovered quickly.

Uranium stocks have perked up nicely since early October and we know how well copper and gold have done. If lithium can perk up again, WUC will provide exposure (and spread risk) across several very good sectors.

Project profile

1) Western Uranium recently established a new corporate entity to conduct exploration in South America. The new company, Meryllion Minerals, will be run by Dr. Willem Fuchter, PhD, PGeo. A geologist with worldwide experience in gold and base metal exploration. Meryllion acquired an option to purchase the 14,000-hectare Cerro Amarillo-Cajon Grande copper-gold property located in the Malargue district, in the province of Mendoza, Argentina.

2) December 2009: WUC acquired 14,000 hectares in La Rioja, Argentina. The region is geologically similar to producing basins in the western U.S. that were mined and produced > 500 Mlbs of Uranium.

3) Western Uranium is earning a 70 percent interest in a copper/gold project located in Baza, Spain. The property is a large regional exploration target in southeast Spain, located in an established iron mining district. A regional and site-specific sampling program has identified high gold and copper values at surface. This property has not benefited from modern exploration techniques. Drilling is expected to occur this winter.

4) The company also has two large uranium exploration projects in Nevada (Kings Valley) and New Mexico (Treeline), previously explored by Chevron Resources and Conoco. These have drill defined U308 mineral resources along with exploration potential to host additional pounds of uranium. Cameco is a strategic alliance partner with the right to earn a 70 percent joint venture interest on each economically viable stand-alone uranium deposit developed within any area currently in the company's Kings Valley or Treeline properties.

Oh, and there is that stake in Western Lithium, which is cheap on paper against other lithium companies. Thom Calandra discussed WLC in a report earlier this week about the Global X Lithium Fund (NYSE: LIT, Stock Forum). I’m told Thom has another lithium “idea” coming down the pike. We’ll see. By the way, I own 20,000 shares of WUC.

Thom Calandra: Thanks Danny. I’ve known some of the executives at these two companies for a few years. Like Pamela Klessig, the CEO of Western Uranium. She has a lot to prove to shareholders – and prove up, for that matter. Still, there’s little doubt we’ll see both of the Nevada companies get interest as the world searches for reliable sources of elements used for alternative energy devices. Thanks for weighing in on uranium and lithium, Danny. As for my preferences, well, I am probing geothermal companies right now. I think both WUC and WLC are cheap on paper. (I do not own either.) Later this week, in an article to be distributed first to Ticker Trax subscribers, we’ll cite the lithium company I think looks cheaper than the dirt it owns in the desert. Hint: We mentioned it earlier this week in our report … and it has someone involved who first set me off on the lithium trail and has connections to Japan. Plus, I have a tellurium idea coming. So stay with us.

Candente Gold: Joanne Freeze’s Candente Gold (TSX: T.CGD, Stock Forum) just added 100 hectares to its vast Tres Marias concession in southern Peru. The epithermal silver and gold prospect is the same one I visited with CEO Freeze earlier this year. If I am correct about what I saw across the windswept hills of this 7,900-acre concession in Peru’s Puno District, we have what could be one of South America’s richest “emerging” gold-silver districts 100 percent owned by one tiny company. Those who need a reminder can go back to the Ticker Trax archives for entire on-site coverage and photos. I expect Candente Gold to be publishing drill data soon from the Mexico prospect that gets all the attention: El Oro. Yet in my book – and I know in Ms. Freeze’s Peruvian-themed blood – it is Tres Marias and another clutch of Peru properties that could boost this company into a mid-tier producer of gold, silver and possibly zinc. I own the shares. – Thom Calandra.