1. Have a great Memorial Weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Gone Fishin'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/27/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1268.30-- Silver $17.32-- Oil $49.80-- USD $97.36 --
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

12 Reasons Why Apple Cider Vinegar Will Revolutionize Your Health

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by searcher, Jun 2, 2014.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

12 Reasons Why Apple Cider Vinegar Will Revolutionize Your Health

June 2, 2014 by Jeff Roberts

[​IMG]

Recently, one of my good friends shared with me her story of how she cured her eczema naturally using apple cider vinegar (ACV). Since she was a young girl, her skin would break out in painful, itchy rashes which she would treat with doctor prescribed and recommended steroid creams. However, these creams had a detrimental effect on her skin over time, and eventually she had to stop using them, being left to deal with the extremely uncomfortable disease. Her quality of life was almost always compromised, admitting to me that she found it difficult being present while living with the ailment.

After doing some research, she came across people`s personal stories about how they cured their eczema and psiarosis with a simple solution of ACV. She decided to give it a shot. In a spray bottle, she diluted a few table spoons of ACV with room temperature water and sprayed her affected area. She said it stung for the first minute, but the results blew her away. In just a FEW DAYS, her eczema break-out had completely vanished. This was all from a cheap, organic, 1 ingredient remedy. While the proper medical studies haven’t been conducted at this point, my friend’s story stood as a first-hand account of the treatment really working. After looking into the matter further, I discovered the massive amount of ACV success stories that were out there.

What is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar?

[​IMG]

Real organic apple cider vinegar, is made by fermenting pressed apple juice until the sugars turn to vinegar. Importantly, it should be made from organic apples and be unheated, unfiltered and unpasteurized to keep the ‘mother’ intact.

The ‘mother’ in apple cider vinegar is visible as cloudy strings in the bottom of the bottle and is full of beneficial enzymes, pectin and trace minerals. It is worth shaking the bottle each time before using ACV to distribute these elements.

Alongside all of the other health benefits of apple, substances like malic acid are formed in the creation of apple cider vinegar, giving it antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. This is a big part of what makes it so good for your skin. Let’s take a look at some of the common benefits of apple cider vinegar to see just how it can revolutionize your health!

12 Known Benefits of ACV

1. Improved Digestion

Drinking apple cider vinegar in water can help to naturally improve your digestion. Take a tablespoon of ACV in a big glass of water around 15 minutes before a meal to stimulate digestive juices for better breakdown of your food.

It’s important to use raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the mother for this and all of the other health benefits listed below.

Filtered and pasteurized vinegars will not have this and lack the enzymes and other nutritional properties in raw ACV that have such a positive effect on the digestive process.

Real apple cider vinegar contains valuable minerals and trace elements, LDL cholesterol lowering pectin, fat burning acetic acid, anti-viral malic acid, live enzymes, amino acids and many other beneficial nutrients.

When you drink apple cider vinegar regularly, ideally before each main meal, your digestion improves and you naturally begin assimilating more from your food. This can also reduce hunger and help with losing weight. More on this ahead.

2. Heartburn, Intestinal Problems and Constipation

Regular apple cider vinegar in water is believed to help correct low stomach acid conditions that leads to heartburn. Importantly, straight ACV is very strong and likely to be too powerful for heartburn sufferers, and especially those with ulcers, so make sure you dilute it well.Apple pectin fiber, found in the mother of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar, soothes the entire gastrointestinal tract, helping to prevent stomach cramps, bloating and gas.

Apple cider vinegar can also be useful as a mild laxative to stimulate peristalsis in cases of occasional constipation. It should not have this effect if your bowel movements are already regular.

3. Prevent Candida and Normalize Intestinal Bacteria

ACV is full of beneficial acids which are believed to help improve the make up of your intestinal flora. These include acetic acid and malic acid, which have antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties and can help control the spread of the candida fungus in your intestines, a common debhilitating problem with many people’s high sugar diets.

4. Strengthen Your Immune System

Your intestinal flora are a big part of your body’s immune system. It makes sense then that improving the conditions for the growth of friendly bacteria with apple cider vinegar can help improve your overall immunity.

The malic acid in ACV is also a strong antiviral, perhaps one of the reasons people often say they experience fewer colds when they take apple cider vinegar in water daily.

Additionally, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is said to benefit your lymphatic system by helping to cleanse lymph nodes and break up mucus in the body. Over time this can relieve sinus congestion, reduce colds and alleviate allergies.

5. Regulate Blood Sugar and Aid in Diabetes

Apple cider vinegar is full of acetic acid which appears to slow down the digestion of simple carbohydrates, thus regulating blood sugar levels from the brief highs and longer lows of a high carb diet.

The anti-glycemic effect of ACV has been proven in several studies, including this one that concluded, “vinegar can significantly improve post-prandial insulin and sensitivity in insulin resistant subjects…thus, vinegar may possess physiological effects similar to acarbose or metformin (anti-diabetic drugs). Further investigations to examine the efficacy of vinegar as an antidiabetic therapy are warranted.”

6. High Blood Pressure

Some animal studies have shown that apple cider vinegar may lower high blood pressure and there are many reports in online forums of using it for this purpose.

It’s possible that ACV increases nitric oxide production that helps relax blood vessels, or it may just have a generally beneficial effect on your cardiovascular system that, over time, naturally results in a lowering of high blood pressure.

7. Detoxification

Apple cider vinegar is a popular ingredient in detoxification protocols with good reason. Aside from all the other body cleansing benefits already listed, drinking diluted raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is believed to help detoxify and cleanse your liver.

One tablespoon of ACV in a large glass of water before each meal is often recommended as an effective dosage for daily detoxification. Some detoxifying methods may use larger doses, though it’s best to build up to these over time.

8. Weight Loss

Apple cider vinegar’s acetic acid has been shown in studies to suppress the accumulation of body fat and liver lipids. Its pectin content is also thought to slightly reduce your body’s ability to absorb fat.

When you have an apple cider vinegar drink before a meal, as well as improving digestion, it will usually reduce your hunger levels as well, which can only be beneficial for losing weight.

Once again, 1 tablespoon in a large glass of water before each meal is the recommended dosage.

Raw ACV may well aid weight loss, but it would be better thought of as part of a larger body fat reduction plan. In all I’ve read on the subject, I believe the most effective first step is to reduce grain-based carbohydrates and eat more, not less, of the right type of foods.

9. Bad Breath

The natural acids in real apple cider vinegar, like acetic and malic acid, can reduce the bacteria in your mouth that cause bad breath.Using apple cider vinegar for halitosis, you would make it a bit stronger than when drinking it. Add one tablespoon to a third of a cup of water and gargle it for around 20 seconds to minimize bad breath.

10. Skin Benefits

Apple cider vinegar balances your skin’s pH levels and has long been recommended as a skin tonic. It can also help treat dermatological conditions like acne, especially when used both internally and externally regularly.

11. Leg Cramps and Restless Leg Syndrome

Sipping on an apple cider vinegar drink can increase low potassium levels in your body, a suspect in nighttime leg cramps and restless leg syndrome.

12. Stamina and Energy

Improved stamina and energy are harder to measure subjectively, but raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar has long been considered a general health tonic and more energy and greater stamina are commonly reported when drinking it.

This may be a combination of all the other health benefits of ACV already listed. Or it could be due to the powerful alkalizing effect it has on your body when you drink apple cider vinegar daily.

Despite being acidic outside the body, ACV, like lemon water, is recognized as a premier alkalizing drink, which reduces acidosis in the body and has been reported to aid in recovering from a wide range of health conditions and diseases.

Other Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar

Acne
    Athlete’s Foot
    Heart Health
    Kidney Stones
    Nails
    Rosacea
    Sunburn
    Vaginal Irritation
    Animal Care
    Arthritis
    Blood Pressure
    Gout
    Hair Loss
    Sore Throat
    Menopause
    Acid Reflux
    Salad Dressings
    Toner
    Weightloss
    Moles/Scars/Lesions
    Cleaning
    Energy!

Drinking ACV to Improve Your Health

[​IMG]

The starting dosage is 1 tablespoon in a big glass of water and you can slowly increase the dosage, a teaspoon at a time over several weeks, to 2 or even 3 tablespoons, if you find the increased dosage beneficial to your health.

Yes it does taste a little sour, but that’s a good thing. It’s important to train your taste buds to not expect everything to be sweet.

If you really can’t handle it at the start, then try it with a drop of natural stevia, but using sugar or commercial honey to sweeten it will only feed the intestinal problems that ACV is used to treat.

Have you tried having a daily apple cider vinegar drink for better health? Do you have other health conditions you’ve found ACV beneficial for? Let everyone know in the comments below and spread the word about just how good for you apple cider vinegar is.

Source:
    http://www.healthambition.com/apple-cider-vinegar-drink-daily-better-health/

http://www.collective-evolution.com...cider-vinegar-will-revolutionize-your-health/

917601, Malus, REO 54 and 5 others like this.
  2. ArkWv

ArkWv Gold Member Gold Chaser

handyman, and not the fellow from "In Living Color
    This is my remedy for heartburn, works every time.

searcher likes this.
  3. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Oh boy! My bain! vine-gar..... I once kicked over 35 gallons of this stuff. I jack cider and have for years, one time I had a break down and could not press, one day turned into two and on and on.
    should have checked the barrel but no I just started pressing again. My oh my was I surprised when i found out I had vinegar. I tried drinking it but that was a mistake of epic proportions. I'm sure I will generate some more and this time I think I will save some.

searcher likes this.
  4. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

If apple cider cured skin diseases believe me, they wouldn't exist.

There may be some unique individual this helped cure for some reason but by and large it would do no good. I have had some form of skin/rash problem on my legs for years and I've tried everything under the sun. Over the counter (useless), homespun-pantry goods-usually helps for about one day then is ineffective. Medical industry creams-most are of no value but some are helpful, just have to keep trying things. And sometimes nothing seems to even begin to help.

5. searcher

Functional Health Properties of Vinegar

June 14, 2014

By Dr. Mercola

Vinegar has been produced and sold for thousands of years, dating back to before the 6th century. Vinegars flavored with fruit, honey, and malt were popular among the Babylonians, while Hippocrates used vinegar to manage wounds.

In 10th century China, some used vinegar to clean hands and prevent infections while in the early US vinegar was used to treat fever, poison ivy, croup, edema, and much more.[SUP]1
    [/SUP]
    Today we know that vinegar, which is traditionally made through a long fermentation process, is rich in bioactive components like acetic acid, gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin, caffeic acid, and more, giving it potent antioxidant, antimicrobial, and many other beneficial properties.

Vinegar remains popular around the globe for pickling fruits and vegetables, and it’s also commonly added to condiments and other food dishes for flavor. That being said, vinegar is emerging as a functional food that not only adds interest to your meals… it may also significantly benefit your health. As reported in the Journal of Food Science:[SUP]2

[/SUP]
    Functional therapeutic properties of vinegar… include antibacterial activity, blood pressure reduction, antioxidant activity, reduction in the effects of diabetes, prevention of cardiovascular disease, and increased vigor after exercise.”

Top 10 Therapeutic Effects of Vinegar

1. Antimicrobial Properties

Vinegar is one of the best natural cleaning agents there is, and this is largely due to its antimicrobial properties. When added to food, the organic acids in vinegar (especially the acetic acid) pass into cell membranes to kill bacteria.

Foods fermented with vinegar have a natural arsenal of antimicrobial organic acids, including acetic, lactic, ascorbic, citric, malic, propionic, succinic, and tartaric acids.

One study found acetic acid to be lethal to even E. coli O157:H7, while other research has shown substances such as acetic acid, lemon juice, or a combination of lemon juice and vinegar to be effective against salmonella.[SUP]3

[/SUP]

2. Antioxidant Effects

Antioxidants are a class of molecules that are capable of inhibiting the oxidation of another molecule.

Antioxidants play a significant role in your health, as they can control how fast you age by fighting free radicals that result in oxidative stress.

Polyphenols and vitamins in many different types of vinegar help ward off oxidative stress due to their potent antioxidant properties. Examples of antioxidants in apple cider vinegar, for instance, include catechin, epicatechin, and gallic, caffeic, and chlorogenic acids.

3. Anti-Diabetic Effects

Vinegar is said to be anti-glycemic and has a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels. It’s thought that the acetic acid in vinegar may lower blood sugar by preventing the complete digestion of complex carbohydrates, which is accomplished either by accelerating gastric emptying or increasing the uptake of glucose by bodily tissues.[SUP]4
    [/SUP]
    One theory is that vinegar might inactivate some of the digestive enzymes that break down carbohydrates into sugar, thus slowing the conversion of complex carbohydrate into sugar from a meal into your bloodstream. This gives your body more time to pull sugar out of your blood, preventing your sugar levels from spiking.

Quite a bit of research supports the use of vinegar as a diabetic treatment as well. One study found that vinegar treatment improved insulin sensitivity in 19 percent of individuals with type 2 diabetes and 34 percent of those with pre-diabetes.[SUP]5

[/SUP]
    4. Cancer

The antioxidant content of vinegar may make it useful against cancer, and a traditional Japanese rice vinegar called Kurosu has shown particular promise for reducing cancer risk.[SUP]6[/SUP] Kurosu vinegar has been found to inhibit the growth of a variety of cancer cells, including colon, lung, breast, bladder, and prostate.

Kibizu, a sugar cane vinegar from Japan, has been shown in cell studies to inhibit the growth of leukemia cells, while consuming vinegar may even reduce the risk of esophageal cancer.[SUP]7

[/SUP]

5. Weight Loss

Vinegar may help you lose weight, as it appears to have an anti-obesity effect by increasing satiety and reducing the total amount of food consumed. For instance, when volunteers consumed two tablespoons of red raspberry vinegar daily for four weeks they lost weight, while those who consumed the same amount of cranberry juice gained it.

Further, in separate research, people who consumed a small amount of vinegar along with a high-carb meal (a bagel and juice) consumed less food for the remainder of the day. The reduction equated to about 200 to 275 calories a day – an amount that would result in a monthly weight loss of up to 1.5 pounds.[SUP]8
    [/SUP]

6. Heart Health

Vinegar supports heart health in multiple ways. As explained in the Journal of Food Science:[SUP]9
    [/SUP]
    “Polyphenols such as chlorogenic acid, which is present in high levels in apple cider vinegar, could inhibit oxidation of LDLs and improve health by preventing cardiovascular diseases.”

It also appears to help lower blood pressure. One study showed that vinegar could lower cholesterol in laboratory rats,[SUP]10[/SUP] while another study on rats found their blood pressure could be lowered by the acetic acid in vinegar.[SUP]11
    [/SUP]

7. Heartburn and Acid Reflux

Acid reflux typically results from having too little acid in your stomach. You can easily improve the acid content of your stomach by taking one tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water daily.

8. Injuries

“Mother” of vinegar, a cobweb-like amino acid-based substance found in unprocessed, unfiltered vinegar, has antibacterial properties that may help to heal burn injuries. The intake of acetic acid bacteria (AAB) may also help to reduce muscle damage caused by inflammation after exercise.[SUP]12

[/SUP]

9. Brain Health

It’s been suggested that vinegar consumption might improve cognitive function in humans, and research shows that acetic acid bacteria do, in fact, produce precursors of important building blocks of brain tissues called sphingolipids.[SUP]13
    [/SUP]

10. Increased Nutrient Absorption

Vinegar is high in acetic acid. Like other acids, acetic acid can increase your body’s absorption of important minerals from the foods you eat. Therefore, it is possible that drinking a mild tonic of vinegar and water just before meals might improve your body’s ability to absorb the essential minerals locked in foods. Or, adding vinegar to your salad dressing might help you absorb more nutrients from your leafy greens.

Look for Murky Vinegar, Not Distilled Vinegar

Distilled white vinegar is excellent for cleaning and laundry, but for health purposes, you’ll want to avoid the perfectly clear, “sparkling clean” varieties you commonly see on grocery store shelves. Instead, you want organic, unfiltered, unprocessed vinegar, which is murky. When you try to look through it, you will notice a cobweb-like substance floating in it. This is known as “mother,” and it indicates your vinegar is of the best quality.

The reason manufacturers distill vinegar is to remove this rather murky looking stuff that most people find unappealing and won’t buy. But in this case, it’s the murky looking stuff you want. As with most foods, the more processed a food is, the less nutritious, and this holds true for most vinegar as well.

Interestingly, the first vinegar was the result of an ancient accident. Long ago, someone stored a keg of wine too long (presumably a poorly sealed one that allowed oxygen in). When the eager drinkers opened it, they found a sour liquid instead of wine. The name “vinegar” comes from the French words for “sour wine.”

How to Safely Consume Vinegar

If you enjoy vinegar there is certainly reason to include it in your diet. However, from my perspective, if you’re consuming vinegar for therapeutic reasons, it would be far better to use large quantities of fermented foods to get the beneficial acids because you will then also help to recolonize your gut with beneficial bacteria. However, vinegar is easier and certainly safe to use, so you can put your toe in the water by trying it first. There are no official guidelines concerning taking vinegar internally. Some people take one to two teaspoons a day, mixed in a glass of water or juice, before meals or in the morning, and report benefits from doing so. The risk of taking small amounts of vinegar is low.

If you prefer to consume it as part of your meals, apple cider vinegar, in particular, makes a flavorful salad dressing. You can even make a vinegar-based coleslaw, rather than the usual creamy mayonnaise-based one. It is good on fish as well and serves as a great tenderizing marinade for meat, giving it a good bit of zing. And it’s tasty drizzled over cooked greens or as a base for a cucumber salad. You can also try your hand at pickled vegetables using vinegar. If you are considering taking it medicinally, however, there are some things to keep in mind:[SUP]14

[/SUP]

• Vinegar is highly acidic. The main ingredient is acetic acid, which can taste quite harsh. You should always dilute it with water before swallowing. Pure, straight vinegar could damage your tooth enamel or the tissues of your mouth and throat. (There is, in fact, one reported incident of long-term esophageal damage to a woman who got an apple cider vinegar supplement capsule stuck in her throat.)
    • Long-term excessive use could conceivably cause low potassium levels and can adversely affect your bone density.
    • Apple cider vinegar could theoretically interact with diuretics, laxatives, and medicines for diabetes and heart disease. If you are under the care of a physician and you want to try a course of apple cider vinegar, talk to your physician first to make sure it won’t interfere with any of the medications you are presently on.

What Else Is Vinegar Good For?

Once you realize all the uses for vinegar, it will likely become a staple in your home. Generally, you can use distilled white vinegar for household use and the cider vinegars, made from fermenting fruits such as apples, for consumption. Vinegar is actually one of the best natural agents for removing certain pesticides and bacteria from your fresh produce, for instance. Try a solution of 10 percent vinegar to 90 percent water as a bath to briefly soak produce. Just place your veggies or fruit in the solution, swish it around, and rinse thoroughly (don’t use this process on fragile fruits like berries since they could be damaged in the process or soak up too much vinegar through their porous skins). Additionally:

• Apple cider vinegar has long been used as a natural hair care product. Its acidity is close to that of human hair. It’s a good conditioner and cleaning agent, as well as an effective germ killer.
    • Vinegar also has some applications for pets, including cleaning ears, relief of certain skin problems, and combating fleas and ticks.
    • Some horse owners claim apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural horse fly spray and horse hoof care product.
    • Vinegar is a great, all-around cleaning agent for everything from countertops to windows. Vinegar and water makes an excellent window cleaner, for example, and vinegar combined with hydrogen peroxide works exceptionally well as both a disinfectant and sanitizer.
    • Vinegar can also be used to control weeds in your garden. Howard Garrett, also known as The Dirt Doctor, shared his recipe for vinegar-based herbicide (this spray will injure any plant it touches, so use it only on those you want to remove):

Herbicide Formula

• 1 gallon of 10 percent (100 grain) vinegar
    • Add 1 ounce orange oil or d-limonene
    • Add 1 tablespoon molasses (optional - some say it doesn't help)
    • 1 teaspoon liquid soap or other surfactant (such as Bio Wash)
    • Do not add water

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

It got rid of my acid reflux which caused a chronic cough.

searcher likes this.
  7. searcher

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

The Wonder "Drug" of Yesterday and Today

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]You can go directly to any section: THE BENEFITS, THE NATURE OF DISEASE, CIDER VINEGAR, WHAT DOES IT DO?, POTASSIUM, THE USES, EFFECTS ON THE BLOOD: AILMENTS (A-K), ARTHRITIS, ASTHMA, BLOOD LOSS, COLITIS, COUGHS, DIARRHEA, DIZZINESS, EAR DISCHARGE, ECZEMA, EYES (TIRED AND SORE), FATIGUE, FOOD POISONING, HAIR LOSS, HAYFEVER, HEADACHES, HEARING, HEARTBURN, HEMORRHAGES, HICCOUGHS (HICCUPS), HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, INSOMNIA, KIDNEYS AND BLADDER, AILMENTS (M-Z)

THE BENEFITS OF CIDER VINEGAR

THE NATURE OF DISEASE

Author Unknown

Food has certainly been the down-fall of man's health. With all the rubbish he stuffs into his delicate, yet adaptable organism, it is no wonder that there is so much unnatural disease rampant today. From the day he ate his first meal man has forever abused his system with the wrong types of food. He has not been rational in his eating habits, but has merely satisfied his banal desire for stimulating, refined and processed fare. The day will come, however, when he suddenly realizes that his food habits effect his physical as well as mental wellbeing. He will then realise that he had been satisfying his debased taste buds, rather than sustaining the body. The wise, however, look toward nature for their answer; with patience and perseverance they have re-discovered the answer to man's dilemma. The answers although simple are extremely effective as they do not entail unnatural chemical compounds - it is the utilization of these wonderful gifts from nature which are so efficacious and free for all! There have been many natural curative formulae discovered throughout the centuries, which have proved themselves safe and yet effective. Natural resources have been used since the days before Christ viz: Sunshine, Water, Air - herbs and homebrews have been used for generations too by our ancestors. Honey is also a natural wonder, together with many other folk preparations which have been handed down through the ages. Amongst these APPLE CIDER VINEGAR has been widely used as a successful remedy for a number of ailments. We find that, with the abuse of the body, inordinate amounts of waste matter have accumulated within the system. In the early stages these are not so apparent as the body is still vital enough to deal with this extra burden. However, if an attempt is not made to eradicate these toxic accumulations, the body has to deal with more and more pressure, resulting in aches and pains. Later in life these efforts to eliminate these encumberances result in influenza, bronchitis etc; and, if these healing efforts are suppressed by continued wrong living and drugs, the acute symptoms become chronic and insidious. Rheumatism, arthritis, cancer, heart ailments, high blood pressure etc, are all signs that the body has been neglected by the suppression of natural heating crisises. There are certain preparations, however, which assist the body in eliminating these toxic substances and this is where these natural curative methods have found a valuable place in the healing arts. To abstain from those foods and drinks which add to this unnecessary accumulation, is a great assistance to the body i.e. those refined and denatured food items such as bread, starch, white sugar, and their products; together with the unnecessary food items which cause excessive mucous and toxic waste in the system e.g. meat, eggs, dairy produce, legumes, cereals. However, one may now ask what should one eat if these are to be eliminated from the diet. Where one cannot completely abstain from these products, moderation is the key word in this instance, together with certain herbal and folk preparations which assist in the breakdown of the acids and mucous waste.

It is at this point that the benefits of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR will be discussed:

CIDER VINEGAR

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" (the dentist too!) - is an oft quotation which should not be considered as just an obsolete "Old Wives Tale", as there is more than meets the eye in these axioms of yore. Apples are among the most health-giving fruits available as they contain a host of nutritious properties viz: Phosphorous, Cholerine, Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium, Calcium, Sulphur, Iron, Fluorine, Silicon, plus many trace elements ....... and all of these are found in PURE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

Amongst other things, cider vinegar is very effective in detoxicating various organs in the body together with the blood stream. Hence it is a purifier, as it has a means of breaking down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. It therefore, promotes the health of the vital organs of the body e.g. kidneys, bladder, liver etc., by preventing an excessively alkaline urine. Cider vinegar also helps oxidate the blood which consequently prevents the blood from becorning too thick and gluey, which gives rise to a strained heart and blood vessels resulting in high blood pressure. Cider vinegar also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination and it neutralizes any toxic substance taken into the body. There have been a number of instances where people who had taken a mixture of cider vinegar and water before a meal were unaffected by diarrhoea, or digestive upsets, whilst their companions who ate the same meal were. Hence the cider vinegar seemed to neutralize the harmful substances in the food eaten.

POTASSIUM

Apple cider vinegar has a potent supply of potassium which has become so widely acclaimed in the helping of various complaints including: running nose. Excessive mucous formation, watery eyes, sinus and catarrhal troubles. Teeth decay and the splitting of finger nails are also signs of potassium deficiency which are remedied by taking cider vinegar. Potassium is essential for the normal growth of the body and for the replacement of worn-out tissues which depend upon the presence of this mineral. It is as important to the soft tissues, as calcium is to the bones and teeth and it also retards the hardening of the blood vessels.

As potassium is so important in the healthy growth of a plant, animal and human, a deficiency of this mineral will produce such tendencies as callous formations on the soles of the feet, or the failure to replace worn-out tissues as observed in the loss of hair.

Tests have proven that a soil deficient in this mineral-salt will produce anaemic and undersized plants, however, when potassium is introduced into the soil the plant becomes sturdier and increases in height. This is also the case with animals, where potassium which was fed to livestock, in the form of cider vinegar, improved their appearance and stamina. Humans too, can benefit with this increased potassium intake. Especially where children are slow developers and appear undersized. A few teaspoons of cider vinegar taken with water each morning will show tremendous results. The best way to introduce cider vinegar to the family, is to substitute it for the ordinary table vinegar and use it in the cooking. Potassium acts as a restraining influence upon those who are over-excitable and nervous. It draws fluid back into the cells, for when potassium is lacking the body cells shrink and their normal activity is restricted.

THE USES OF CIDER VINEGAR

A number of outstanding authorities have proven the therapeutic advantages of using cider vinegar for numerous complaints ranging from obesity and overweight to arthritis. Besides the therapeutic benefits derived from taking cider vinegar therapy, as outlined in this book, it can also be used for a number of other purposes e.g. salad dressing, pickling, a flavour in cooking etc. It also makes a very refreshing drink, hot or cold, with or without honey - this should take the place of normal tea and coffee which are so habit-forming and unnecessary commodities.

Try using cider vinegar where lemon juice is required e.g. in making mayonnaise, or just sprinkle some on a salad before serving; sprinkle on pawpaw for a refreshing breakfast, or just use on potato chips!

EFFECTS OF CIDER VINEGAR ON THE BLOOD

When the blood is deficient in some minerals or biochemic salt, ill-health is the outcome e.g. boils break out, suppurating blisters become apparent, pimples appear on the face etc. It has been found however, that cider vinegar helps with the cleansing as well as the clotting of the blood. Oxidation of the blood is very important and cider vinegar is again an effective treatment for this. Besides introducing the important minerals into the blood stream, as mentioned above, cider vinegar also helps in the clotting of blood. This is of tremendous help to those people who are commonly termed 'bleeders', as they live their lives in fear of cutting themselves due to the bloods inability to clot, and it will also enhance the healing process.

AILMENTS

ARTHRITIS:

Use the cider vinegar and honey treatment for arthritis and also apply cider vinegar externally to painful joints. This entails drinking a glass of water with two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two teaspoons of honey three times a day. Local treatment can also be given by soaking the arthritic hand, or foot in a strong, comfortably hot solution of cider vinegar for ten minutes, two or three times a day - (a quarter of a cup of cider vinegar to one and a half cups of water). Arthritic knees can be attended to by making a poultice - soak the cloth in a mixture of cider vinegar and water, (as per above mixture) wring out and wrap it around the joint, then secure with a dry cloth to retain heat. When the wet cloth cools, it should be wrung out in the hot solution and applied afresh. Repeat several times, twice daily.

ASTHMA:

One tablespoonful of cider vinegar added to a glass of water should be taken in sips for half an hour. After a further half an hour has elapsed the treatment should be repeated. The wheezing should lessen in intensity quite considerably. However, should wheezing still persist a second glass of the same mixture should be taken. Deep breathing exercises are also a beneficial treatment.

BLOOD LOSS:

It has been discussed above how cider vinegar helps in preventing blood losses. In any circumstances where the flow of blood is too free and is too persistent, such as when a person has a nose bleed without any apparent reason, then two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water, three times a day will aid in restoring the natural clotting properties of the blood.

COLITIS:

The cider vinegar and honey treatment has been used effectively in the treatment for colitis. Take the normal dosage of two teaspoons cider vinegar and honey with water, three times a day. An enema of a teaspoonful or more of molasses is also very helpful.

COUGHS:

There are many types of coughs for various reasons, and these should be treated with reference to their nature and intensity. However, the cider vinegar and honey treatment will prove an efficacious treatment in this respect. Two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey mixed with a glassful of water should be taken before meals, or when the irritation occurs. In the evening it would be an idea to have this mixture by your bed so that it can be sipped during the evening if an attack presents itself.

DIARRHEA:

It has been mentioned above how cider vinegar helps with the digestion, assimilation and elimination of food, and that it is an antiseptic to the intestines and the whole of the digestive tract. Due to it's healing properties, diarrhoea can be controlled in a very short time, (that is unless some serious physical disorder is apparent). The treatment being, one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in a glass of water should be taken before and in between meals i.e. approximately six glasses during the course of the day. It should be noted, however, that diarrhoea is a natural attempt on the part of the body to eliminate some poison which is irritating the digestive tract, on no account should any drugs be taken to suppress these healing symptoms - on the other hand the cider vinegar will lessen the intensity, but will allow the natural course of elimination to take place.

DIZZINESS:

Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar together with two teaspoons of honey in a glass of hot or cold water three times a day should help this annoying occurrence quite considerably. However, one should never expect instant results, as nature works slowly, yet very effectively. You will notice a lessened intensity whilst you progress.

EAR DISCHARGE:

The treatment for this complaint, which usually occurs during childhood is: one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in a glass of water to be taken mid morning and mid afternoon. The discharge should shortly disappear.

ECZEMA:

Take the usual dosage of cider vinegar and honey in a glassful of water three times a day, with meals. An application of well diluted cider vinegar can also be applied to the skin several times daily i.e. one teaspoonful to half a cup of water. Under no circumstances should salt be taken, as this aggravates the eczema condition considerably. There is usually a potassium deficiency in those people suffering from eczema.

EYES (TIRED AND SORE):

The cider vinegar therapy together with honey is the essential ingredients here. Two teaspoons of each taken in a glassful of water, three times a day. This mixture retards the onset of tired and sore eyes which are usually apparent in later life, as it supplies them with those vital elements essential to their health and functioning.

FATIGUE:

Chronic fatigue is a warning that the body needs some attention. Most people suffering from chronic fatigue do not have enough good, sound sleep. Either they go to bed too late, or they are one of those people who just need more sleep than most. It is better to get as many hours in bed before midnight as possible. To remedy a poor quality sleep, honey is highly recommended, as it acts as a sedative to the body. Twenty minutes after the honey has been taken into the mouth it has been digested and absorbed into the body. This is because it is a predigested sugar, which has been digested in the stomach of the honey bee, and therefore requires no effort on the part of the human stomach for digestion. Keep the following mixture by your bedside to be taken as indicated: three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of honey.

Take two teaspoons of the mixture before retiring. This should induce sound sleep within an hour, if however, you have been unable to sleep within this period repeat the dosage.

FOOD POISONING:

As mentioned earlier there have been many cases where people who were in the habit of taking cider vinegar regularly never suffer any side effects from food poisoning. The cider vinegar has an antiseptic quality which seems to render noxious food harmless.

HAIR LOSS:

The falling out of hair is primarily due to a tissue salt deficiency, thus cider vinegar with its 'wonder products' will re-establish a natural balance, and supply the deficiencies where needed. Therefore, by taking the cider vinegar treatment the hair will maintain its natural growth. It will cease to fall out and grow more rapidly and thickly. This will take approximately two months, so perseverence is needed. The dosage is one teaspoonful of cider vinegar to a glass of water to be taken with or between meals. Cider vinegar can also be used externally for the treatment of dandruff, see under heading of External Treatments.

HAYFEVER:

This ailment is marked by watery eyes, sneezing and running nose, in other words there is an excess of fluid which the body is drastically trying to offload. For an effective relief, honey and cider vinegar should be utilized which will bring excellent results. A tablespoonful of honey should be taken after each meal for approximately a fortnight before the onset of the hay-fever season. The ordinary dosage of cider vinegar and honey should then be taken viz: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water, three times a day. This dosage should be maintained during the entire hay-fever season.

HEADACHES:

There are several types of headache, caused by various reasons. Some are associated with organic disorders, such as kidney troubles, others are known as psychogenic, or tension headaches. Then we have the most annoying of all; the migraine headache. Many people have had relief from headaches by the use of honey. Two teaspoons taken at each meal may well prevent an attack. Another effective means is to take apple cider vinegar. Equal parts of cider vinegar and water should be placed in a small basin on the stove, allowing it to boil slowly. When the fumes begin to rise from the basin lean your head over it until the fumes are comfortably strong. Inhale for approximately 50 to 80 breaths. Generally this alleviates the headache considerably, if not entirely.

HEARING:

(Impaired) The treatment of impaired hearing has had excellent results on the apple cider vinegar therapy. Take the normal dosage three times daily and notice the improvement.

HEARTBURN:

This usually occurs after eating, sometimes up to two hours later. This very unpleasant feeling can be alleviated by taking the usual dosage of cider vinegar and water before meals.

HEMORRHAGES:

As previously pointed out cider vinegar helps the blood to clot more easily. When a person who regularly drinks cider vinegar cuts himself, the wound will dry up almost instantaneously, as there will be no profuse bleeding. If, however, wounds do not heal quickly, the following procedure should be undertaken; two teaspoons of cider vinegar taken in half or a whole glass of water at mealtimes as well as in between, therefore six glasses in all are imbibed. For extra efficiency a very weak solution of cider vinegar with water can be applied to the sore, wound or cut.

Poultices of cider vinegar (see instructions under the heading Arthritis) can be applied to a stubborn open wound.

HICCOUGHS (HICCUPS):

These have been known to be eradicated by drinking a teaspoon of cider vinegar neat! Alternatively cider vinegar with water can be taken before mealtimes to prevent this occurrence.

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:

There are a number of reasons why a person suffers from this common yet serious condition. As mentioned earlier, health will be maintained only if one is prepared to adjust his living and eating habits. Cider vinegar is not the cure-ail of man's suffering, it is only one of the many means towards a healthier and happier life. In the case of High Blood Pressure, one's eating habits must be taken stock of to ensure a speedy and effective recovery. Emphasis is on the natural, organically grown foods which are given to us in the form of fresh fruits, vegetables and honey - rather than the high protein foods which include eggs, meat, milk, cheese, nuts, beans etc. A balance must be maintained between the proteins and carbohydrates and one should definitely not over indulge on these protein and starchy foods. Wheat products should also be eliminated completely, together with salt which is very detrimental to the health, especially for those suffering from high blood pressure. The following dosage should be taken daily: two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water - up to three to four times a day.

INSOMNIA:

There are also a number of causes as to why people suffer from insomnia; however, there have been excellent results with the cider vinegar and honey treatment as follows: two teaspoons of cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water to be taken before retiring. It would also be beneficial to have a glass of this mixture by the bedside to sip if needed. Under no circumstances should drugs be resorted to, as these are both harmful and habit-forming. Under severe cases, a naturopath or homeopath should be consulted. If has been found that the prime cause of insomnia is due to a deficiency of phosphate of potash and phosphate of iron; this combination can be found in the biochemic salt known as kali phos, which can be obtained from your local health shop.

KIDNEYS AND BLADDER:

Due to the eliminative nature of cider vinegar, the kidneys and bladder can benefit tremendously by a 'flushing', which they receive when the following cider vinegar therapy is undertaken: two teaspoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water six times a day. It would be beneficial to drink a couple of glasses of water in the morning, taking one teaspoonful of cider vinegar in each drink. Comfrey tea, first thing in the morning with a teaspoon of cider vinegar will also create a sufficient cleansing action. Inflammation of the kidneys, called pyelitis, in which pus cells are present in the urine, will generally clear up with the above-mentioned treatment.

http://www.lacetoleather.com/wondrugpag3.html
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

arminius and Ragnarok like this.
  8. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
    Does it cure death? :36_2_36:

9. searcher

Nah..............that's the great equalizer. No matter who ya are, rich or poor, free or bound, it is appointed unto men once to die.

argentos likes this.
  10. searcher

AUGUST 29, 2014 by JOHN SUMMERLY

8 Reasons Apple Cider Vinegar Is One Of The Most Powerful Health Tonics In Your Kitchen

The question is not what Apple Cider Vinegar can do, but what can't it do. As a folk remedy, it has been credited with curing everything from the flu to warts or sunburn to dandruff. However, it also can help reverse many serious diseases that many would immediately turn to medications to solve. Here are 8 more reasons this powerful health tonic makes your kitchen your best pharmacy.

[​IMG]

Unpasteurized or organic Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) contains mother of vinegar, which has a cobweb-like appearance and can make the vinegar look slightly congealed. It's the only way apple cider vinegar should be consumed.

ACV can kill head lice, reverse aging, ease digestion, prevent flu, prevent acne, reduces inflammation, kill fungus, regulate pH balance, dissolve kidney stones and helps relieve allergies, migraines, asthma, nausea, heart burn and wash toxins from the body. Science has also verified the the empirical evidence observed through the ages.

8 Reasons To Use ACV

1) Diabetes. The effect of apple cider vinegar on blood sugar levels is perhaps the best researched and the most promising of APV's health benefits. Several studies have found that vinegar may help lower glucose levels. For instance, a study (White, A. Diabetes Care, November 2007) of 11 people with type 2 diabetes found that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed lowered glucose levels in the morning by 4%-6%. In another study from Arizona State University, subjects took a drink of 20 grams of apple cider vinegar and 40 grams of water. Those with insulin resistance who drank the vinegar had 34% lower postprandial (after-meal) glucose compared to controls. Vinegar may be the most cost-effective medicine in history, but most people with diabetes still aren’t taking it.

2) Allergies
    This miracle vinegar helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanse the lymph nodes. Believe it or not, research suggests that apple cider vinegar can help with allergies because of its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion. When reducing the effects of allergies, it can also help stave off sinus infections and their related symptoms, such as sore throats and headaches.

3) High Cholesterol. A 2006 study reported in Medscape General Medicine, showed evidence that ACV could lower cholesterol. In a study published in a foreign medical journal, scientists found an apple cider vinegar-enhanced diet may increase in HDL (good cholesterol), and reduce levels of triglycerides. Research in rats suggests that apple-cider vinegar can help control triglycerides and cholesterol (Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, June 22, 2011).

4) Blood Pressure and Heart Health. Another study in rats found that vinegar could lower high blood pressure. A large observational study also found that people who ate oil and vinegar dressing on salads five to six times a week had lower rates of heart disease than people who didn't. Researchers have suggested that ‘this reduction in blood pressure may be caused by the significant reduction in renin activity and the subsequent decrease in angiotensin II’. Potassium in the vinegar ‘balances sodium levels in the body, which aids in maintaining blood pressure within healthy limits’ and ‘apple cider vinegar also contains magnesium, a mineral that works to relax blood vessel walls and thus lower high blood pressure’.

5) Restores Acid/Alkaline Balance and Balance Inner Body System
    Some alternative practitioners recommend using apple cider vinegar to restore alkaline acid balance. The theory behind the alkaline diet is that our blood is slightly alkaline (with a normal pH level of between 7.35 and 7.45) and that our diet should reflect this pH level. The body constantly strives to achieve this state of equilibrium. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Research shows that higher acid levels (lower pH level) leads to a lack of energy and higher incidences of infection. Proponents of the alkaline-acid theory believe that a diet high in acid-producing foods leads to lack of energy, excessive mucous production, infections, anxiety, irritability, headache, sore throat, nasal and sinus congestion, allergic reactions, and increased risk of conditions such as arthritis and gout.

6) Cancer. A few laboratory studies have found that vinegar may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth. One study found that eating vinegar was associated with a decreased risk of esophageal cancer. In recent trials, pectin, which can be found in ACV, has shown promise in helping to slow the growth of cancerous cells within the prostate (http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...in-holds-promise-against-prostate-cancer.aspx). In addition, apple cider vinegar’s acidity aids in detoxifying and cleansing the digestive tract and cleaning out the colon, which supports the health of the prostate as well.

7) Facial and Hair Health
    It is widely known that apple cider vinegar can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing to add healthy body and shine. Recycle an old shampoo bottle and fill it with 1/2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of cold water. Pour through your hair after shampooing several times a week. You can also dilute apple cider vinegar with two parts water, and spread the concoction over your face with a cotton ball as a toner. You can do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. You can also dab apple cider vinegar directly onto age spots and leave them on overnight to lighten their color.

8) Weight Loss. For thousands of years, vinegar has been used for weight loss. White vinegar (and perhaps other types) might help people feel full. A study (Ostman, E. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2005) of 12 people found that those who ate a piece of bread along with small amounts of vinegar felt fuller and more satisfied than those who just ate the bread. A 2009 study on mice showed that consuming acetic acid (the active component in ACV), upregulates the expression of genes for fatty acid oxidation enzymes in the liver causing a suppression in body fat accumulation. In a double-blind experiment, obese Japanese were assigned to three different groups based on similar body weights, body mass indexes (BMI), and waist circumference. Each group drank a 500 ml drink containing either 30ml, 15ml, or 0ml of vinegar daily for 12 weeks. Those in the 30ml and 15ml groups had lower BMI, visceral fat area, waist circumference, serum triglyceride, and body weight to the control group of 0ml. The 12-week weight losses were modest: 1.2kg in the 15ml group and 1.7kg in the 30ml group. These two groups consumed a similar number of calories to the control group and also performed a similar amount of exercise, so the effect is not likely to have been due to an impact on appetite or other lifestyle changes. It was concluded that consumption of vinegar might reduce obesity.

John Summerly is nutritionist, herbologist, and homeopathic practitioner. He is a leader in the natural health community and consults athletes, executives and most of all parents of children on the benefits of complementary therapies for health and prevention.

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: left"]

http://preventdisease.com/news/14/0...-Most-Powerful-Health-Tonics-In-Kitchen.shtml[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

11. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Have you tried gypsy tears?

12. searcher

How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar From Apple Peels

November 12, 2014 By Angi

[​IMG]

Ever buy REAL apple cider vinegar?

You know, the raw kind with the “mother” included?

I don’t know about you, but I have so many things I like to use apple cider vinegar for. From multi-purpose cleaner, to salad vinaigrette, morning detox drink and more. Apple cider vinegar is my go-to ingredient for so many things, and it can get a bit pricey buying large quantities of the real stuff at the store.

So, I have been making it myself from apple peels for the last couple of years.

One more step on the self sufficient journey. [​IMG]

This isn’t a TRUE apple “cider” vinegar, since it is made from peels, not actual cider, but it tastes basically the same, and has all the same health benefits.

Whenever you peel large amounts of apples, whether from making dried apples, applesauce, or even apple pie, save all the cores and peels.

[​IMG]

Stuff them very tightly into a large glass jar(s).

I like to use half gallon, or 1 gallon jars, but quart jars work as well. After making a lot of dried apples and applesauce, I filled 5 half gallon jars.

[​IMG]

Create a syrup by combining honey and warm water.

The ratio should be 1/4 cup of honey for each quart (4 cups) of water. Each stuffed half gallon jar should hold almost 4 cups of syrup.

Pour the syrup over the apple peels and cover with cloth and rubber band. Let sit in a dark place for one week.

[​IMG]

After fermenting for one week, there should be small bubbles in the jars.

[​IMG]

If any mold or scum has formed at the top of the jars, skim it off at this point.

[​IMG]

Pour the liquid through a strainer, then pour back into jars for a second fermentation.

[​IMG]

Cover the jars of strained liquid with a towel again, and let sit in a dark room for 6 weeks, or until it is strong enough for your taste.

Use as you would any store bought apple cider vinegar!

From 5 half gallon jars full of peels and syrup, I was able to get a little over 1 gallon of apple cider vinegar.

I love being able to make stuff from what most people would consider trash!

The peels even get a double use because, after making awesome apple cider vinegar, they will break down really quickly in your compost pile!

http://areturntosimplicity.com/make-apple-cider-vinegar-apple-peels/

benzone likes this.
  13. searcher

A-Z World Remedies To Healing With Apple Cider Vinegar - Dr Mandell
    motivationaldoc

Streamed live 5 hours ago
    You will find that these natural and safe remedies will help you in more ways than you could imagine.

14. searcher

Apple Cider Vinegar Drug Interactions (VERY IMPORTANT MUST SEE) - Dr Mandell
    motivationaldoc

Streamed live on May 14, 2017
    Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has many great benefits in healing the body internally and externally. Although, there are medications and other interactions you must be aware of beware starting ACV.

A-Z World Remedies To Healing With Apple Cider Vinegar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTwAQ...