1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

$2.5M to live in a mobile home park?

Discussion in 'Real Estate & Other Investments' started by Scorpio, May 17, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

[​IMG]

Welcome to the world of the seven-figure mobile home

And that doesn’t even include gas.

In a handful of trailer parks around the country, mobile homes cost seven figures. There are several such trailer parks in California. There’s Capistrano Shores in San Clemente, Calif., which is home to 90 mobile homes along the beach that cost between about $1.8 million and $2.5 million, according to Trulia.

[​IMG]
    This 3-bedroom, 1.5-bath mobile home in San Clemente has ocean views and a large deck. It is on sale for $2.495 million; full listing details on Trulia.

And there are two in Malibu: Paradise Cove where “a triple-wide with an ocean view can easily run you $4 million” and the Point Dume Club, where trailer park residents can access 24-hour security, a pool, a basketball court and more, Trulia notes.

[​IMG]
    This $2.6 million, 2-bedroom, 2-bath mobile home in Malibu has huge sliding glass doors that open into a desk with views of the Pacific Ocean.

“For these mobile or manufactured homes with a seven-figure price tag, buyers are often paying for the land. Location is key and that is what these homes have to offer, explains Felipe Chacón, Trulia’s housing economist. The fact that many are on the beach ups the price tag, as do the luxurious features offered, he adds.

Plus, these properties are in highly coveted areas of California. Home prices in Malibu have jumped 4.8% over the past year, hitting a median value of $2.86 million — and will continue to rise this year, according to Zillow. San Clemente isn’t cheap either: Home values there are $864,000, having risen 1.4% over the past year.

[​IMG]
    This 2-bedroom, 2-bath mobile home is on sale for $1.4 million.

The seven-figure mobile home isn’t just limited to California. In Tavernier, Florida near Key Largo, the Sunset Acres community boasts 71 homes, like this two-bedroom, two-bath mobile home for roughly $1.4 million.

Like in California, this home is located in a pricey real estate market as it is: Key Largo’s median home value is more than $550,000, up 6.7% over the past year. Plus, it’s value is upped significantly by the fact that it’s right on the water — there are 200 feet of ocean frontage with a dock.

https://moneyish.com/splurge/itll-c...ome-in-a-trailer-park-in-california/?mod=mktw

2. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

In-freakin-credible!

I live close to where mobile homes are made. I know well how they are made. I've seen one burn. I will NEVER live in one. They do look quite nice. They are cheap crap. At best suitable for temporary housing. Every bit as sturdy as a matchstick house. Every bit as safe as a fuse by a fireplace.

Since they work so well as tornado attractors on land I wonder if being on the shore these will attract waterspouts or maybe even cyclones?

P.T Barnum is right again.

Goldhedge, Hystckndle and Mujahideen like this.
  3. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Let's keep it real....those are ocean front lots that just happen to have a wiggle wagon on them. I'm sure they'd sell for about the same price empty. The land is the value.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Alton and skychief like this.
  4. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

So ya got a 5-20k mobile home sitting on a 2 mil lot. Spent the first 7 years after high school in a mobile home. Good times, cheap living, can't imagine living in one now.

Hystckndle and Usury like this.
  5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

God hates mobile homes. Just look how Mother Nature treats them in hurricanes and tornadoes.

There is a park in Jensen Beach, FL right on the Indian river which is the intracoastal. The owners fought to keep the park going instead selling out for really big $. The view is great, but they are mostly a bunch of scumbags living there.

Canadians like to use mobile homes as their winter home in Florida because they are cheap and the currency difference. The other way to live in one down here is to put one in the middle of 5-10 acres of land in the middle of the state. Bug infested and hot while living in a tin can is not my ticket to paradise.

6. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

True. But I can't imagine dropping a couple mil for a spot of land just to crap on it.