1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

$20,000 U.S. dollars to invest into PM's

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by Paranoid Android, Mar 1, 2017.

1. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Small income. Each time I deposit a paycheck, I make a withdrawal, then periodic withdrawals, leaving enough in the account to cover automatic payments & card purchases...
    I'd rather have a stash of banknotes stashed at home, than have the Banksters use MY money as "collateral" for their own purposes, like selling loans with only "10% holdings" (of MY money) as the "basis for the loan", etc... And I have absolutely NO TRUST in "Deposit Boxes" in banks.

Also, in case there was a big break-down of the fragile electronic system (EMP burst, for instance) - and banking couldn't be performed, "hard cash" would still purchase goods.

Of course, if I sell a big chunk of real-estate, that skews the equation... Big transactions trigger the "system"... But I don't know if big online purchases from Apmex trigger them, though.

Also, if I were to do a "road trip" with either cash or bullion, I would keep the RECEIPTS on me, so they wouldn't be STOLEN by LEO's in a roadside car search.

GOLDBRIX, Alton and Paranoid Android like this.
  2. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    coin shows can be overwhelming to a new buyer........a multitude of different items, some priced, some not priced......prior to going to a show you need to put together a primer sheet of items your interested in and the max price you will pay.....and stick to it.....know what it would cost to buy your items of interest online from a trusted supplier including freight etc so you can make informed fair decisions........if you offer below spot without a smile on your face "you might be a idiot" at the coin show LOL

Paranoid Android likes this.
  3. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

The biggest problem with coin shows is all the numismatic suckers and the dealers who take advantage of them. Only a few dealers will have bullion for sale but often you can get a decent deal so they are worth going to.

4. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android New Member

picked up 60 silver eagles today ;)

5. voodoo1951

voodoo1951 Silver Member Silver Miner

Glad to hear ya' pulled the trigger on some hard assets. I never really saw any value to premium Silver/Gold. Me personally, I go for the max weight for the least $$$. As far as storage goes, I consider this stuff " Pirate's Treasure" and deal with it accordingly. Safety deposit boxes can get locked down, searched or whatever. Old saying around here: "If you don't hold it, you don't own it". Lotsa' smart people on this forum...

Irons, GOLDBRIX and Paranoid Android like this.
  6. ttazzman

Paranoid Android likes this.
  7. Paranoid Android

I bought a portable safe for my home as well.....

8. ttazzman

either hide it well or bolt it down.......if not it just makes a container for them to carry your valueables out in..

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  9. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

NOW make it STATIONARY.
    Safes are like most prisons and jails. They are designed to slow down those that are determined.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  10. Paranoid Android

Looks like my pension was cashed out a perfect time this week!!!!

11. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

Soon you can profit from war, congrats