1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

$200,000 what business for success?

Discussion in 'Real Estate & Other Investments' started by ErrosionOfAccord, Aug 11, 2016.

1. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

quality control
    Maybe a cash for gold business? not silver.

2. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    As the boomers start to fail and drop their toys I would expect many of these items to become unsellable. The next generation simply isn't there with the whole RV, Boat thing, the market is shrinking and good second hand supply is large. We see it in our boat market already. This means you could be left with unpaid bills and hulks parked on the property. IMO if you do this type of thing you need a disposal plan for the inevitable 'walk aways' leaving you with a debt and an unwanted toy. Wrecking & selling parts, auctioning off (practically giving them away), scrapping etc... whatever, you need to be prepared for that + you need tight paper work to cover it. I suspect that disposal will be a growing part of the business.

2c

FWIW

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    GOLDBRIX, searcher, Scorpio and 2 others like this.
  3. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    Silver is good, they pay you to dump it.

andial likes this.
  4. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    ... face it, best to wait until the US gets over its communism phase. :D :p o_O

D-FENZ, searcher and andial like this.
  5. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Just go over to zerohedge.com right now and look at the first page. I wouldn't even think of starting any business today. This country is going down the tubes, and if you are young enough, and can swing it, leave. It will be bad everywhere, but the usa will be the worst.

My son, age 50 is into high performance vehicles. He had a booming business in CT with a dyno and specialized in reprogramming on board computers to the customer's personal wants. His wife left him 4 years ago and he paid her out in cash. Then went to Mexico and set up shop outside Mexico City. There were plenty of wealthy kids down there that wanted his services. Now he lives like Jamie Diamond, cook, maid, housekeeper, and has no desire to return, and I can't blame him.

abeland1, gringott, GOLDBRIX and 4 others like this.
  6. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

quality control
    Really good advice Zed.

Zed likes this.
  7. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Lotta dudes here in Florida have been buying high end used boats here and exporting them...where is one of the top spots....Austrailia. Maybe the trand is flattening.
    There is a topping going on for sure in some areas, always has been, always will be. Recognizing it is the tricky part.
    RVs etc etc, Golf, attendance at sports events.
    Lol....that giant new Daytona race stadium has boocoodles of new elevator and escalators, why?
    Trying to bring back aging ( and larger ) fans.
    OTOH, demand for collector autos seems up and up.
    Lotta stuff I follow has doubled
    I think and I believe
    "Opportunityisnowhere"
    Its just all in how you read it.
    JMHO

8. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

You wouldn't need $200,000 but a good business would be installing invisible fence for dogs. And it could start out part time. The people that do it around here are doing very well. And they generate repeat business by selling their proprietary collar batteries every 6 months. That and repairing breaks in the wire because they use the cheap stuff.

I got a quote from the vendors around here for fencing my place and training the dogs. They wanted $2850 that included just about a mile of fence/wire. But the proprietary battery scam was the deal breaker for me. I got my own system with rechargeable collars online, and ordered up some special polyurethane coated, 14 gauge tracer wire. In one weekend I had the whole thing up and running. And that included fabricating a knife for my utility tractor for burying the wire (they use what looks to be a modified, gas powered edger). Total material cost was about $850. Their material cost would have been somewhere around $500 because of their cheaper wire. They had figured they would have it done in about one day using 2 people. And the dogs basically train themselves. It might take 2 hours total training time for an unfamiliar dog or two. The neat thing is that the underground fence systems really work.

Long story longer- they seem to be quite busy around here. Their yard signs are everywhere.

9. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Yup, where I live we don't have street lights, but we all have outside dogs. I have chainlink but I see more and more folks installing 'electric fence' for their dogs and taking down the ugly chainlink.

Good idea D-FENZ.

gringott likes this.
  10. Zed

Nuclear Technician
    You know... I have come to admire anything that simply works as advertised! What does that say about this world, talk about lower my expectations.

11. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    real estate is a business and the best kind of business in my opinion. in 2009 i threw 250K at real estate, it now nets me 66K a year, not the kind of income a real business can earn but i like sitting on the couch and its more than enough for me to live on, heck even when i was working i never made more than 55K a year

gringott, Hystckndle and Scorpio like this.
  12. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    LOL............that reminds me of TV weight loss commercials in the fine print they scroll below real fast...." results not typical"

Hystckndle, gringott and GOLDBRIX like this.
  13. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

14. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

What I did was put mine into some land that produced gold I can hold in my hands (see the photos).

Right now I'm looking for someone with $200k that wants to get a % of the same delivered to them privately.
    I have over 100 acres and want to get bigger machines instead of a metal detector to do it properly and efficiently.

I have the machinery all selected and a complete business plan for the right person to consider.
    It's very humbling to be literally laughed out of your Banker's office when you ask them for the money.

Robert

IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3736 2.JPG IMG_3738.JPG

Scorpio likes this.
  15. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Rock,

wrong fishing hole,
    no one here is dumb enough to drop that kinda dough on a wing and a prayer,

if'n ya have something real, contact Rob McEwen of McEwen mining and have him take a look. He is the one that built goldcorp and can sniff the stuff out.

GOLDBRIX and Uglytruth like this.
  16. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

S

17. BackwardsEngineeer

BackwardsEngineeer If I weren't a snowflake, I'd have no luck at all Silver Miner

In honor of the duck.....

:mining::spaceship::rotf::dduck::gold: oh and:weed::weed:

Hystckndle, mtnman, GOLDBRIX and 5 others like this.
  18. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

I was just gonna send Rocky a check for 200K.

gringott likes this.
  19. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

Obviously I'm wasting my time here. None of you can either participate or wouldn't know a real opportunity for gold if you saw one.

Perhaps I should try go to the speed boats and RV re-sales and dog fence forums because none of you have any problems with that.

20. BackwardsEngineeer

BackwardsEngineeer If I weren't a snowflake, I'd have no luck at all Silver Miner

Rock,
    Naw hang around.... it takes awhile to fit in and get the flow. 200k is a lot of dough, for many their whole nest egg and wouldn't invest it in anything but physical in their possession. From time to time a new person stops by, on their first day offers to sell some physical and or offer a service, it is never well received....

You might have a good deal, stick around build some relationships and you might find someone willing to jump on board

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  21. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

I'm 3.5 years and $350k into my project and not asking anyone to do anything foolish and I'm leading by example not by theories.
    I don't have time to waste on relationships, but jump on a plane to AZ and they'll see everything to know to make a good decision.

All that's required is I find ONE person that gets it and our mining operation is 100% self-reliant and self-sustaining for 10 years.
    Attached is a PDF of a key piece of equipment that take us from the prospecting stages to the small-mining stage and production.

What they'll get is 94% Au doré bars delivered to them 100% privately as I'm a private company mining on 100% private property.
    I have an offer that is awesome for that ONE person and nobody else will ever see or hear of it again once we become operational.

Thanks for the invite back and hopefully this will attract someone that wants to make a flight to Scottsdale to know if we're "real".
    It's amazing though that the USA is the #1 producer of new gold in N&S America and AZ is #3 in the USA and yet people hesitate.

Thanks again,
    Robert

Attached Files:

22. Scorpio

totally cool and interesting but,

I provided you with someone with deep pockets and who knows mining inside and out,

Free to you, you were given a tip on a helluva good guy, that is honest and knows mining inside and out.

Another would be B Moriarty at 321gold,

You show us a piece of equip, but none of that matters until,

there is a established total resource,as in verifiable drill holes
    how much to get operational
    how much to operate,
    what cost per ounce to operate,
    what is assumed value per ounce received over lifetime,
    whether permits are in place,
    who else is pulling from the resource
    what percent of mineral rights are owned

and most importantly, what are the checks and balances that what is coming out is split properly with your investor,

many more, but that is just a start

if you can find a investor without answering those questions and more, more power to you, but I wouldn't even consider it without those as a minimum

I can go get 148 ozs today at the price, and with zero risk. With that, any appreciation over the 10 yr period goes to me, not someone else. So let's go conservative, and state it is a easy double from these levels in 10 years and no risk.

That is what you may be competing against. Bird in the hand and all that jazz.

REO 54, mayhem and Silver like this.
  23. Scorpio

that says a lot

abeland1, Hystckndle and mayhem like this.
  24. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

And I have all of those answers for the person that demonstrates they will participate.
    All that's required is a personal visit and some time to look around and confirm things.

As for people with "deep pockets" they've proven to be a total waste of time and energy.
    Mostly because they're pretentious jerks that want to take what you have if they could.

If they think you're vulnerable they want everything and if not, then they don't return.
    The notion that people that know the industry are "good" has not been my experience.

So thanks for advise and I'll keep looking. I assumed a goldismoney forum would work.

Robert

25. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

What it says is that "Life is Short" and a lot of time wasted on "relationships" takes aways from real productivity that can change your life forever and the people you care about.
    Mining gold is addictive and incredibly profitable and gives you the ability to control your life at any level you choose because you're digging actual real money out of the ground.

26. Scorpio

I hear ya, but would not mention those 2 guys unless they were real.

Been around this stuff for going on 20 years now, and one gets to know a person or 2.

27. Scorpio

That is a heckuva statement! Note how you also focused on what is in it for you,

Seems to me you have some of your own dough tied up in this, and now at the point where you need some help to get it to fruition. No problem with that.

Yet wouldn't you consider it foolish for someone to take your word and just jump on a plane to go look at some dirt without having some idea prior as to what is going on? The field trip should only be to confirm what has come prior. Otherwise, everyones time is wasted.

BackwardsEngineeer likes this.
  28. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

Sometimes............ and sometimes not

gringott likes this.
  29. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

Well so far I've shown photo evidence that with a little prospecting I have a property that produces gold and I own it.

Now I could keep boot-strapping and keep it all or I can accelerate the process and share with someone to do it right.
    And I would expect the person that is receiving their share, as we've agreed, would want me to be driven to succeed.

You keep assuming that I didn't know every metric and can confirm everything you've mentioned for the "Investor".
    That's because you are assuming they all act in good faith, but my experience is most "Investors" are actually "Liars".

If I had $100 for every so called "Investor" that wanted all my information to study, I'd be fully funded by now.
    So to get my information requires a real person showing real money and intent in writing to get any of my time.

Because as I said (and answering one of your questions) $200k puts us over the finish line and we're self-reliant.
    If you want to know an efficient 4 man crew at 50 tons/hr can produce placer gold for less than $100/per ounce.

Hopefully our little banter here will spark enough curiosity for someone to step up and we can finally get to work.

Thanks,
    Robert

30. Scorpio

I assumed no such thing there kemosabe,

You continue to play your hand that you could care less about the investor with your comments. You are the one asking for $200K, and yeah you might have to suck it up and answer a lot of questions time and again, but alas, it comes with the turf.

If you have been wasting your time on others, by all means, that is a you problem and not a us problem.

The comment re 100/oz would be totally reliant on ground quality.

I have been trying to help you as you came on here asking for help. As the posts have gone, it seems as though you have had your share of fun trying to drum up the dough, with some dry holes. Now is not the time to demand others trust you.

I did not ask anything that wasn't reasonable and totally within bounds.

You see, you said it yourself, it is addicting, and it is for exactly that reason that one must be extremely cautious as to who is doing the talking. That along with the proven history of what is a gold mine, nothing but a liar standing over a hole in the ground. That is the history that you are fighting, of which there are many many examples of over the years. Some of the grandest cons have come out of the gold fields.

$200k is a nothing burger when it comes to buying equipment and supplies to run for any period of time.

Best of luck

31. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

I'm not asking anyone to trust me and I'm only asking that someone that approaches me and my offer show me they can and will participate if I satisfy their conditions.
    My projections and costs analysis (which is calculated to the penny) are based on minimal values that justify mining at all. Our soils actually contain 3-6x that number.

I have total confidence in my ability to confirm any reasonable concerns and gold mining is a science. We've tested 10 sites in the US with 100% success in good values.
    Our only obstacles on the last 9 sites were governmental regulations, bureaucrats and "tree huggers" that think frogs and grouse deserve better treatment than Miners.

So now I own private property on a main road with limitless water underneath it and dependable street power with none of the non-sense the other sites presented.
    And as I said, I'm the one on the mine site, doing the real work, looking out for myself and the people I care about (including my Royalty Owner) and that's real mining.

Whatever some scammers have done and will keep doing has nothing to do with me or my mine. All I want to avoid is Lairs without money from standing over the hole.

Thanks,

Robert

Mujahideen likes this.
  32. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

To what address can I send all of my money Sir? I'm very excited about this!

mtnman and gringott like this.
  33. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    I'm sorry, what was the original question? :banana:

andial and gringott like this.
  34. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

The original questions was:
    Let's say you have $200,000 to start a new business in an area where a new major bypass is being built. What kind of business would you deem most likely to succeed in an area which is bound to grow?

And my original answer was:
    What I did was put mine into some land that produced gold I can hold in my hands (see the photos).

Right now I'm looking for someone with $200k that wants to get a % of the same delivered to them privately.
    I have over 100 acres and want to get bigger machines instead of a metal detector to do it properly and efficiently.

I have the machinery all selected and a complete business plan for the right person to consider.
    It's very humbling to be literally laughed out of your Banker's office when you ask them for the money.

Robert

Mujahideen likes this.
  35. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

I can't tell from your question if you're serious. It's ok to be excited but not for making a rational decision to send money to anyone.
    The process to buy a Metal Streaming Royalty takes 2 weeks and requires that we are mutually ok with the others' expectations.

1) We'll sign a NCND between so we can speak candidly and transparently to move forward.
    2) You should meet us in person here in Scottsdale, AZ or electronically by video conference.
    3) You should provide a comprehensive list of what you expect to know and a proof of funds.
    4) I'll answer all questions to the best of my abilities and every answer will be 100% accurate.
    5) You would then escrow the money for your MSR purchase with 10 days for "due diligence".
    6) You're welcome to inspect the site for the due diligence with any experts for the inspection.
    7) If either of us decides inside of 10 days to withdraw from the offer your money is returned.
    8) After 10 days and we're both happy with the arrangement then the project moves forward.
    9) We will sign the Royalty Agreement according to the Terms and Conditions as negotiated.
    10) The funds from your purchase goes to the operations account and we buy our equipment.
    11) Operations will begin as soon as equipment arrives, with first doré production in 30 days.
    12) You're welcome to visit the mine site as long as you wear all safety equipment at all times.

If you were serious, you can contact me through the forum and I will send all my information.

Thanks,

Robert

Mujahideen likes this.
  36. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    ...very interesting conversation......Scorp really appreciate your comments ......from my knowledge 200k wont move many yards o dirt and wont buy much in the way of equipment and diesel ......sometimes its easier to mine the internet than to move yards of dirt

mtnman and gringott like this.
  37. RockCabin

RockCabin New Member

And most of time on the internet it's easier for "non-doers" to shoot out passive-aggressive comments under a guise of experience to under-mine (pun intended) "doers" actually contributing something to the real world.

38. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    The RV storage business still would be good if the customers abandon the RVs and nobody RVs anymore, as you will have a pre-built "tiny house" housing area that you can rent out. So you migrate your business from RV storage to Tiny House living park.

andial and searcher like this.
  39. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Most people here on this forum only conduct business deals exclusively with Nigerian businessmen.

If you are not Nigerian then they will ignore you.

mtnman, Montecristo, TRYNEIN and 2 others like this.
  40. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Montecristo, Mujahideen and gringott like this.