1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

2009 canadian maple leaf mule ?

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by southfork, Aug 22, 2017.

1. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Don't know how good you can see the pic, im stunned at these maples I found, front looks like 100% proof and rear plain old strike, even the numbers are proof like, what say you?

Attached Files:

2. oldgaranddad

oldgaranddad Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Could be proof-like as you see with certain Morgan silver dollars. It was caused by new highly buffed dies and good quality planchets. The same could be going on here. It could be a mule but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what the premium would be since how many serious Maple Leaf collectors are there? Years ago Morgan silver dollar VAMs were getting stupid premium money but now that market has come back to earth since the amount of collectors so fascinated with minutiae have literally died off.

Any way, it's a great oddity and conversation piece.

southfork and BackwardsEngineeer like this.
  3. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I have like 8 I got years back, never looked at them really. Next coin show where icg or ngc is at I will take them with me, if mules probably worth over 300 each easily.

oldgaranddad likes this.
  4. oldgaranddad

oldgaranddad Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Hopefully the numismatic gods are smiling on you and they are mules!

southfork likes this.