1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

2011 Libertad Aztec Kilo coin

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by AU+AG=Bacon, Jun 14, 2011.

1. AU+AG=Bacon

AU+AG=Bacon Seeker Seeker

There is a hefty premium on this coin. I am new to the numismatic hobby. I really like the Aztec calender and am wondering if this would be a good investment? Anyone have any experiences?

Bacon

2. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Did you ever buy it?

3. lightcycler

lightcycler Silver Member Silver Miner

Not the OP but fyi. I bought one off ebay for $2000. Seller out of mexico had good feedback. Then after I bought the negatives started raining down. Waiting to get my money back on it now. I bought a kilo libertad on ebay from mexicancoinbroker for $1550 which was a good deal compared to crapmex and panda america. Love the libertad too and that seller is topnotch. The aztecs just have too much premium for me. $2000 was more than I would normally spend for a kilo coin.

4. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

It's an interesting coin, but I agree that the premium is way high. Might as well have more silver instead.

5. lightcycler

lightcycler Silver Member Silver Miner

One of those coins I've wanted for a long time. I've got the kilo libertad and love it. Would still like to pick up an Aztec but will wait and see if something comes at a semi decent price.