1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Medals

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by Silver Art, May 17, 2017.

1. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

Mine is still stuck at "Label Created" The Mint customer service was an absolute joke. By the way, Mint production and sales shows the 2017 Silver Medal sales at 33,075 as of Sunday, June 18th

Silver Art likes this.
  2. Silver Art

Silver Art Silver Art Bar collector Platinum Bling

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    I was off by 14,256 but that is fine because that 47,331 number was wildly optimistic.

3. 90%RealMoney

Took a full 7 days from ordering, to when my item finally started moving. You know, I don't mind waiting like this, if I know the item is securely boxed up, etc. But, I've ordered ATB's before, and there is not much care given, as far as the packing material goes. Any Mint coins like these should be bubble wrapped. I've gotten more than one package that had one air pillow type packer inside, which allowed the boxes to move around to the point, that by the time I received it, I had dog eared corners on the presentation boxes. I called and complained about their packing process, all they say is "Do you want to return the coins"? How about trying to improve your service? We'll see how this one turns out. This one is scheduled to be delivered a week from now, so 2 weeks from order to receiving.

4. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    I am supposed to get mine this Friday (June 23). I am going to say that I will actually get it next Monday (June 26) being that the gov't entities called the USPS and the USMint are slow. We will see. You are right about the packaging on the ATB "P" pucks. I figured that the fat cat USMint employees charging fat premiums on their items would at least use a little bit of that premium to pay for more packaging but I am a little guy so I really do not matter. I did not even bother to call their customer service. It just shows you that I truly love the coins that I order for them to be willing to put up with high premiums, sub-par packaging and super-slow delivery times. The fat cats at the USMint love me as a customer. Even though I complain (on here anyway) about the USMint, I get addicted to some of their products and will continue to order some of the coins that I truly love.

So what I am really saying is that.............................

Yep you guessed it................I am a collector.

:belly laugh:

savvydon likes this.
  5. savvydon

savvydon Gold Member Gold Chaser

My name is savvydon and I am a collector, too.:surrender:

6. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    Hello fellow collector.

:welcome: :beer:

savvydon likes this.
  7. 90%RealMoney

I guess I would be a disgruntled collector. Lol

Silver Art and savvydon like this.
  8. savvydon

The first step towards rehab is confessing ur sins...:winks2:

Silver Art likes this.
  9. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    I am not a disgruntled collector..........yet. I might become a disgruntled collector if I am no longer able to find and obtain any more '70's silver art bars for .999 generic silver premiums.

10. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    Based on what was last updated on the tracking number of my order, I am supposed to get my 2017 American Liberty silver medal tomorrow. We will see. Wish me luck. LOL!!!!!

11. 90%RealMoney

I feel like Charlie Brown here or something. Mine is due on Tuesday. Uh, you guys been watching the price of the Douglass bullion ATB lately?

12. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    Today is the big day for me to get this silve medal. My silver medal is due to be delivered today. I will post a picture of it once I get it in hand.

Yep. I have been watching the premium of the Frederick Douglass bullion puck continue to go up. JMBullion currently has it at $164.30. That price is the "as low as" price. That price is even higher than what APMEX is currently charging (Apmex price = $154.25 check/wire price; $160.68 CC/Paypal price) The Ozark puck premium is also climbing at JMB. The "as low as" price is now at $129.30. Meanwhile.............................The "Animal Crackers" puck is only at $109.30 at JMB. I will think that the Frederick bullion puck is a "ticking mintage bomb". We will see.

13. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The tracking number said that my package was delivered by FedEx and the USPS now has it. I guess that means that the USPS now has the package and they will deliver it to me when the USPS runs their local route today (or tomorrow). Apparently the USMint uses FedEx Smartpost to ship out packages to the USPS and the USPS will do the actual delivery of the package to my street address. I am making a WAG that I should get it either today or tomorrow at the latest. I will see.

14. savvydon

I got it today. The coin looks great. The packaging is superb - almost too good for a one ounce silver coin/medal. The packaging also takes up a lot of space. Still, I feel the mint has done a good job with this issue.

Silver Art likes this.
  15. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    I did not get mine. Apparently, the USPS delivered it a day sooner than I thought. When I checked the tracking number of my order, it said that they delivered it yesterday afternoon (June 22) but I was out of town and was not there to pick it up. I did not see any package when I got back home later last night. I think that the office of my apartment complex has it since they usually do not allow packages to be left at the front of my apartment complex. Usually when I order something from the USMint, they will put in my specific mailbox which is locked and I can only can unlock it with my mailbox key. That is weird that they did not put it in my mailbox which is more secure since it is locked. Since my apartment complex office is closed on the weekend, I will check with them on Monday (June 26) before I investigate further.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  16. savvydon

Don't know how big your mailbox is but my package was pretty large. Perhaps they couldn't fit it in your box.

Silver Art likes this.
  17. 90%RealMoney

Mine is slated for Tuesday. It says the box is like 9"X9", or 10"X10". Wondering why the box is so large.

Silver Art likes this.
  18. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    That is a good point. I did not think about that. If the package is 9" X 9" or 10" X 10" than it is more than likely that it could not fit in the locked mailboxes available but then again there are two locked mailboxes that I think could fit a package that size.

EDIT: I will have to investigate further on this.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. Foxwoods Man

Foxwoods Man Silver Member Silver Miner

The packaging overwhelms the single coin so I would assume the shipping box would have to be a decent size

20. 90%RealMoney

I did order two coins though. Still a huge box. Mine is sitting in Truckee, Ca. for the weekend.

21. 90%RealMoney

Supposed to be delivered today originally. Got an email stating it would be tomorrow, but looks like there is still a chance it might come today. At any rate, 2 full weeks from order to receiving coin.

22. 90%RealMoney

Now we know why these coins were so expensive. Received mine today. The box felt so heavy, I thought they sent me twice what I ordered, or they sent me 5 ounce ATB's instead. This coin has the most deluxe OGP packaging I've seen in awhile. A faux wood box, thick info pamphlet, thick black pad that sits on top of the coin. It's pretty intricate, but also the reason for the high cost. These won't be going for cheap on Ebay, when the folks who get the coins slabbed, offer the empty boxes/packaging for sale.

23. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
  24. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    This thread is useless without pics................................

DSCI1362.JPG DSCI1363.JPG DSCI1364.JPG DSCI1365.JPG DSCI1369.JPG

I will apologize for my pics are not being TomD quality but the silver medal looks better in person than the crappy stock picture that the USMint used on their website. Like the 1-oz gold coin version, it does come with a booklet and the gov't packaging looks very similar to the packaging that was used for the 1-oz gold coin version. I am satisfied with it.

EDIT: I never took the medal out of the airtite that it came in.

Mujahideen likes this.
  25. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silvef medal now stands at 36,085 (based on July 2, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

26. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silvef medal now stands at 38,196 (based on July 9, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

27. 90%RealMoney

Another head scratcher from the US Mint. They let this year's Liberty medal go with unlimited mintage, 38k is a respectable number for sales. Last year's medal is limited edition, and sells out in 2 minutes. They could have easily sold more of that coin as well. They are either complete morons, are trying to spur sales by keeping collectors guessing about how long a coin will be sold for, or there is some kind of, wait for it, COLLUSION going on, between the Mint, and the big online coin dealers. It's pretty simple really. If the Mint produces a coin with a beautiful design, people will want it, and they will sell with no problem. Produce an ugly coin, and just the opposite occurs. Other Mint's worldwide are now producing nice collector coins. The US Mint better get off their asses and start producing more classic designed coins that people like, rather than all of this junk they've been shoving down our throats the past few years. Look at that Lion's Club coin. Geez!

28. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    I suspect that the Mint is playing games to keep the collectors guessing what coins will sell out and guessing on the final mintage. Apparently the mint can keep us guessing for over a year as recently shown with the mintage of the 2016 Ft Moultrie 5-oz silver bullion coin upping their mintage nearly a year later.

As for the 225 American Liberty 1-0z silver medal that came out a month ago, who knows what the USMint will do, they say unlimited mintage but they could pull that product from their website anytime they wanted. Then again, I doubt that they would do since their are gold and silver coins that came out last year and earlier that are still on sale. Apparently the USMint is too stubborn to lower their premiums on their coins. Do not be too surprised to see this 2017 225th Anniversary Liberty silver medal and the 2017 225th Anniversary American Liberty 1-oz gold coin still available for sale on USMint.gov website well into 2019 when the 2019 American Liberty coin gets released.

29. 90%RealMoney

Current Sales/Mintage: 38,685

30. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
  31. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silver medal now stands at 40,004 (based on July 30, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

32. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silver medal now stands at 41,304 (based on August 6, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

33. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silver medal now stands at 43,121 (based on August 27, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

34. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor

I went back to the USMint ordering page link in my above quoted post and there is now a stock picture of the 4-medal set. The stock picture that the USMint has up does not reflect the various finishes of each medal in the 4-medal set. The stock picture shows 4 of the same medal which is not the case with this set. The USMint could have done a better job with this IMO.

EDIT: Still no price for the 4-medal set yet. As the Oct 19 date approaches, then they will put a price on it.

35. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silver medal now stands at 44,431 (based on September 10, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

36. Foxwoods Man

Medal set priced at $199....Mintage 50k....HH limit of 2

..as was mentioned the single medal is at 44k after being on sale for 3 months...50k seems a tad high

savvydon and Silver Art like this.
  37. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silver medal currently stands at 48,394 (based on October 22, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

The current mintage for the 2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary 4-medal set currently stands at 22,648 (based on October 22, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

For the record, I did not buy the American Liberty 4-medal set yet. I am not in a rush to get it. At the current price point of $199, I suspect that they will be on sale for a while and I am not worried about a quick sell-out at the USMint on those 4-medal sets.

38. Foxwoods Man

I think that is a safe assumption...

I did buy a couple of sets and am impressed at how much better they look in person than in pics. Not sure if this "look" is worth $200 but they are nice.

Silver Art likes this.
  39. savvydon

Agree. The mint did a fine job with this set.

Silver Art likes this.
  40. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The current mintage for the 2017-P American Liberty 1-oz .999 silver medal currently stands at 49,355 (based on October 29, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).

The current mintage for the 2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary 4-medal set currently stands at 25,740 (based on October 29, 2017 USMint.gov cumulative sales figures).