1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Ford GT

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by searcher, Oct 25, 2016.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

THIS is the NEW Ford GT!
    Shmee150

Published on Aug 7, 2017
    This is the new Ford GT and everything you want to know about it! With one on order myself this is my first opportunity to experience what it is like; from an in-depth walkaround of the 2017 Ford GT to going for my first ever drive in it. Let's thoroughly explore the new supercar and all of its features, inside and out.

When the invitation arrived to drive and experience the new Ford GT, I didn't say no! Better still, to drive the car we're up in the Cairngorms in Scotland, surrounded by beautiful scenery and amazing roads on which to experience it.

Powered by Ford's 3.5 EcoBoost twin turbocharged V6 with 647bhp and 746Nm, it will reach a top speed of 216mph (348km/h), and do so in spectacular fashion. Initially developed as a race car to take to Le Mans in 2016, it did so and took victory on the 50th anniversary of the legendary GT40 victory in 1966. As part of that process, a homologated road car was developed and that is this very car that will be produced in limited numbers, one of which I will be the proud owner of in future.

With a design that's instantly reminiscent of the 2004 Ford GT, but with new use of carbon fibre, active aerodynamics and other new technologies, you result with optimum performance and a serious supercar. This is the closest thing that has been built to a racecar for the road to date.

Observant viewers may notice inconsistencies with the audio due to sections that required rework following issues with the original audio file, my apologies and thank you for your understanding with this.

Thanks for watching, Tim

2. searcher

How To Spec My Ford GT?
    Shmee150

Published on Aug 14, 2017
    My Ford GT might be a while away still but after the recent drive let's think a little bit about how I should spec it when the time comes. I'd love to hear your thoughts, what should I do? What colours, stripes, wheels, interior, exhaust, carbon and more! Join the discussion on Qutee at https://www.qutee.com/q/lets-spec-my-...

Have a go with the Ford configurator for the GT here: https://www.fordgt.com/en_gb/performa...

Thanks for watching, Tim

3. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

quality control
    search you're getting a Ford GT?

gringott and searcher like this.
  4. searcher

lol...............Not me brother andial. Just another neat thread..............nothing more.

5. searcher

The Ford GT drives the iconic Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway (+Arctic Circle Raceway)
    Ford Europe

Published on Sep 28, 2017
    The latest in our European Driving Roads series takes the Ford GT to the northernmost racetrack in the world, the Arctic Circle Raceway, to attempt to set a new lap record for the fastest production car.

En-route Steve Sutcliffe takes the Ford GT along on the most picturesque road in Norway, the iconic Atlantic Ocean Road. See more here: http://ford.to/GTinNorway

6. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Car pron. We will never get anything like this, but it's ok to lear over it and lust in our hearts.

searcher likes this.