1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

2nd Jury summons recieved today

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by silverbug22, Jan 26, 2013.

1. silverbug22

silverbug22 Seeker Seeker

i got a jury summons in the mail today ..i ignored the last one in nov '12. It does note that...If i just ignore this is it ok? I heard they mail it to hundreds of people..i can always claim i never got it in the mail..

i am in texas..Please someone give some advice..

thanks..

2. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

The answer is that nothing will likely happen if you ignore it, but they could send an officer to your home and force you to come. It kind of depends on where you are, especially if you are in a small town area they are more likely to come after you. The harder it is to find jury members in your area, the more likely they are to take it seriously if you ignore it. Some times they will just put out a warrant on you, then one day you get a speeding ticket or something and instead of a ticket they will arrest you on the spot.

3. Hivemindgammahydra7

Hivemindgammahydra7 Silver Member Silver Miner

I shred mine, and I'm in Cali.

Oh yeah, they'll huff and puff about it but so far, no consequences.

I mean really, just how much juice can these people have when they're offering "amnesty for non-licensed pet owners" who ignored government demands that they pay to have their pets licensed? I see the same offers of amnesty for people who ignored traffic tickets.

To me, it looks like .gov is playing a losing ballgame, and admitting as much.

F%ck 'em I say, but YMMV.

4. Alric

If they put out a bench warrant for you, you could probably go for years without ever realizing it. The police wont go after you but if they happen to run into you and look up your name they will see the warrant and then arrest you. Then they will bring you in front of the judge and you will say, "Oops I didn't get it." And he will be all, "Yea well now you know you better, show up for jury duty tomorrow."

specsaregood and Cajuncoin like this.
  5. DodgebyDave

DodgebyDave Metal Messiah Midas Member

Why are you against jury duty?

hammerhead likes this.
  6. voodoo1951

voodoo1951 Silver Member Silver Miner

Don't ignore it. just come up with a plausible excuse why you can't attend. Me, I have to care for a sick family member and thats no BS...The one time I did go, my employer paid me for the day anyway. I acted bat**** crazy (that was not too hard either) and was dismissed...Jury duty is a farce. Just more Kabuki Theatre to add to the existing Dog n' Pony Show...Eff em'...!!!

7. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

You can't engage in "Jury Nullification" if your not on the jury...:s9: As for not showing up, a bench warrant will most likey be issued and the next time you get stopped for a traffic violation you may be arrested, do you really want to play that game?

Argentium, Publico, artfarm and 6 others like this.
  8. samwiii

samwiii Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just mention your membership on GIM; you'll immediately be dismissed as a nut-job. Take the rest of the day as a mini-vacation if your company offers paid jury duty (many do).

gringott likes this.
  9. zhen

zhen Seeker

Show up and complete your obligation. Who knows, may you'll get to help decide a case involving a bankster.

Ignoring it could result in a contempt citation with a warrant that you learn about months or years later during a traffic stop. It could ruin your day when they take you into custody.

Unca Walt likes this.
  10. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

Agreed.

Do your fargin job.

Dzepxich, newmisty, Po'boy and 2 others like this.
  11. mtnclimberjim

mtnclimberjim Gold Member Gold Chaser

Guide///District maint manager
    I love jury duty. Been on a manslaughter and a attempted murder. But then again my boss paid me to go.
    If you want out of it, you need to say you hate cops and you will do your best to get the perp off. Put that on your paperwork.

12. Po'boy

Po'boy Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Go listen and learn.

It may open your eyes.

13. zhen

zhen Seeker

Everyone should experience this once.

I was on a narcotics case where the officer's hands trembled terribly when asked to open the sealed evidence envelope with scissors. He was unable to maintain his composure in court, yet was claimed to be an undercover narc. Many other pieces didn't fit the case.

Solo and Po'boy like this.
  14. Po'boy

Po'boy Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Testalieing it is called.

In many ways I feel for cops weasly prosecutors not as much.

Masonic judges SAD.

Look up are Fl judges for real and you will see how deep it goes.

15. porcupine73

porcupine73 Seeker Seeker

Engineer
    Here in NY, at the county level anyway, they will issue a bench warrant if you don't respond too many times. I wouldn't necessarily poopoo the whole thing, mainly if your employer will still pay you while you are at jury duty.

Po'boy likes this.
  16. AG Stacker

AG Stacker Silver Member Silver Miner

First read up..... http://fija.org

Then do your duty

Publico and DodgebyDave like this.
  17. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Here's what can happen to you in Philly if you ignore the summons:

[h=3]SUMMONS[/h]Each year, summonses are mailed to Philadelphia residents using a combined list of all registered voters and adult licensed drivers. If you receive a summons, you are required by law to complete the questionnaire portion (by mail or online), with all questions truthfully answered, and return it the Jury Commission within five days. If you fail to respond to your Jury Summons, the law provides for the imposition of a fine not to exceed $500 and imprisonment not to exceed 10 days. The completed questionnaire should be returned to the Jury Selection Commission, The Juanita Kidd Stout Center for Criminal Justice, 1301 Filbert Street, Room 204, Philadelphia, PA 19107.

FWIW..........If you are a decent person who is not mesmerized by cops and prosecutors you may be able to do some good serving on a jury. You may be able to keep an innocent person from going to jail or you could help put a real sleeze ball behind bars. And don't forget jury nullification. Good luck with your decision.

Ragnarok likes this.
  18. HistoryStudent

HistoryStudent Midas Member Midas Member

Imagine having a trial in front of 12 dummies who could not get out of jury duty.

You all must realize that half the nation is really stupid; NOW, imagine they are all
    ONLY about half that smart. ~ HS

Ragnarok likes this.
  19. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

It'll open your eyes all right. After years of going to the selection pool since I was old enough to vote and my name got put on the selection list, I actually got to see the inside of the courtroom, sitting in the jury box as the defense and prosecuting attorneys played their jury "selection" question-and-answer game. All I did was to sit there quietly and answer honestly every question put to me. I never mentioned or said anything else. I have no criminal record or other public marks against me, so I figured I was in, since I am "a decent person who is not mesmerized by cops and prosecutors". Nope, the defense attorney booted me.

Really? I remember thinking, incredulous. :hmmmm2:

What pisses me off the most about the farce though, is that I am not allowed to ask them why.:mad:

I USED to think a jury was just that, go get twelve "decent people who are not mesmerized by cops and prosecutors" and get to work.

My eyes have been opened, for better or worse.

Fyi/2c,
    R.

searcher likes this.
  20. silverbug22

silverbug22 Seeker Seeker

i am in a big metro area in texas..

21. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Last time I sat down for jury selection, at the very begining, right after the judge sat down. He said "well, before we get started this morning, is there any one here that for some reason feels that they should not be"? I raised my hand and said " I worked a 12 hour shift last night and am very tired, it will be very hard to pay attention" the judge replied " then go ahead and go home" as I got up to excuse myself this little old man in he corner who must have been 90 says in a fragile voice "I worked last night too".... He winked at me in the parking lot :cheerful:

22. bb28

bb28 Silver Member Silver Miner

I have never served jury duty, nor do I recall ever receiving a letter or notification to serve in the mail or delivered to my residence.

bb

23. Alric

I have got a jury summons twice. Here in this state you call the weekend before and they tell you which day to come in. The first time I called and they said I was not needed. The other time I did get called in and I went. I got excused because I didn't have any children and the victim in the case was a child so they wanted to stack the jury with sympathetic parents.

I want to be on a jury some time, but I just can't seem to get on one.

24. Wellsburg

Wellsburg Silver Member Silver Miner

Small Business Owner
    I would actually like to serve as a juror. Maybe I would be lucky enough to convince the others to deliver a "not guilty" verdict for a tax evader.

25. Publico

Publico Banned

Evading an unconstitutional tax is an oxymoron.

As for the OP ... get your butt there and do your duty to your fellow citizens. You may get the chance to derail an injustice.

26. Cajuncoin

Cajuncoin Seeker Seeker

Show up, the procedure is take roll call and those AWOL (not excused) will have Bench Warrants. You are traveling a year later and get pulled over and your name pops up with a warrant, "Mr. NO-SHOW, please put your hands behind you back, you are under arrest on bench warrant from the XX Court as issued by HIZ HONER". Real embarrassment while your wife and kids look on! A week in jail really looks good while HIZ HONER mulls what to do, in Louisiana it's mostly a release with 40 Hours of Community Service! I hate the free rides on the garbage truck!

I am going this Tuesday to Jury Duty, It is a patriotic chore, I may send Billy Bad Azz to Jail or release an innocent person.

27. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

Can they issue a warrant for somebody, and, not tell them by mail or phone call?

28. K_Flynn

K_Flynn Seeker Seeker

Don't know about you, but forcing someone to do something they don't want to do and that they never agreed to do is known to me as slavery, regardless of what the task is.

Just sayin'.

29. bb28

They can't issue a warrant UNLESS they can prove you received the notice -- i.e. certified mail.

bb

30. bb28

I think they'll pay him at least $10.00 per day. So much for slavery...

bb

31. InsertUserNameHere

InsertUserNameHere Seeker Seeker

1. Here in TN , they get jurors from the list of registered voters ONLY. So it's easy to avoid juror's duty - just don't register to vote. Check your state regulations, if they are anything like ours you may want to send a request to your board of elections to cancel your registration. (If my memory serves me right, in TX you don't have state income tax either, no? So not very likely they get your name from the list of taxpayers)

2. That courts are controlled by masons is nothing more than another conspiracy theory. They are controlled by graduates of Jesuit colleges, it's easy to see from their biographies

3. Jury nullification has been ignored by courts since the end of 19th century (after all they are controlled by Jesuit-trained liberals, see above). If you mention nullification, hopefully the udge will ignore you but quite likely you'll be charged with contempt

32. DodgebyDave

DodgebyDave Metal Messiah Midas Member

price of liberty too high for you? just asking

33. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

PHP:
    Now that there is funny chit. :eek_ma: