1. Stocks continue to roll off recent highs, while metals catch a bid
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thu Morning! Gold is up 6.6 to 1252, and Silver is up 17 to 16.55. Crude is up 26 to 4279. The USD is flat at 9721
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/10/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1271.40-- DOWN 8.80 Silver $17.22-- DOWN 30 Oil $45.83-- DOWN 1.83 USD $97.01 -- UP 37 TICS
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

30 Arrested After Flash Mob Strikes Center City Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    and this will be the end of that kind of foolishness!

30 Arrested After Flash Mob Strikes Center City Philadelphia
    March 6, 2017 11:55 PM

By Dan Wing, Trang Do, Brandon Longo and Cleve Bryan

PHILADELPHIA (CBS)— At least 30 people were arrested after a flash mob of more than 100 teenagers wreaked havoc in Center City Philadelphia Monday evening.

Police say the group gathered in the area of 15th and Market Streets around 5:30 p.m., and began fighting and running in and out of traffic with no regard for others.

Police Commissioner Richard Ross says 20 people were cited for disorderly conduct, while a few others may face more serious charges after several people were violently attacked.

“They were actually beaten, maced and claim to have even been tased,” said Ross. “We know they were assaulted for sure. We had four people, we do not know if charges will be approved on those four. So we’re trying to wait to see, but the whole thing is just idiotic.”

Kenneth Ensigm was sitting in his truck doing paperwork when he saw the rush of people, some jumping on a taxi.

“All of a sudden I looked up and saw what looked like 200 teens running from the shops at Liberty Place area,” said Ensigm. “After the initial rush of people I started recording with my iPhone. The teens started dispersing as the police followed them on bicycles. I saw two individuals jumping on top of a parked taxi car at the corner of Ludlow and 17th Street. As the police came closer to the two individuals they jumped off the car and ran.”

The motive for the large crowd is unclear at this time. Commissioner Ross says police believe it was planned through social media.

SEPTA’s Police Chief Thomas Nestel tweeted overnight: ‘SEEKING HELP! Please know what your nugget of love is doing after school. Kids are hurting kids. Love them by making them come home.’

He went on to call the fights the worst he has seen.

Police say a female officer was injured when she fell off of her bike while responding to the mob.

“It’s not fair to the people live in Center City, it’s not fair to the people who are down there shopping and working,” said Ross. “It’s all ridiculous idiotic behavior that is inexplicable to me.”

But Ross isn’t surprised. He says flash mobs are an unfortunate by product of social media, which is how they think “Monday’s Madness” got started.

A similar incident happened last October on Temple’s campus.

Columbia researcher Desmond Patton studies teen violence and social media. He says it’s just the latest form of kids seeking attention from their peers.

“So they use social media to meet up, use hashtags to bring each other together and engage in these risky behaviors because it’s really important to known, to be visible,” says Patton.

Due to Monday’s flash mob police stepped up their presence on Tuesday.

Ross says it falls on police, parents and educators to help young people understand what sounds cool online has real life consequences.

“It’s almost like a form of reality TV for these young people,” said the commissioner.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...kids-participated-in-flash-mob-some-arrested/

searcher likes this.
  2. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

"teenagers"
    Was this a group of white males?

TomD and dacrunch like this.
  3. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    Flash revolution? Now there is a concept!

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

#arrestthelittlescumbags

5. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

TIME TO AUTHORIZE THE USE OF DEADLY FORCE

6. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Nah.

Spend a little time with Eddie.................

A Day in Philadelphia with Eddie Alvarez
    MMAFightingonSBN

Published on Sep 5, 2016
    UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez hails from Kensington, one of the toughest neighborhoods in Philadelphia. We recently visited the new champ to learn more about his humble, and sometimes dangerous, beginnings, his rise in MMA, becoming champion and a possible showdown with Conor McGregor.

Subscribe: http://goo.gl/dYpsgH

Check out our full video catalog: http://goo.gl/u8VvLi
    Visit our playlists: http://goo.gl/eFhsvM
    Like MMAF on Facebook: http://goo.gl/uhdg7Z
    Follow on Twitter: http://goo.gl/nOATUI
    Read More: http://www.mmafighting.com

Goldhedge likes this.
  7. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    Time to suck it up and reap what you have sown more likely.

8. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Hey, come on there

My Children grew up, got college degrees and haven't participated in a single protest or Starbucks burn-a-thon
    I haven't sown that much crap so I guess I would say I don't have much to suck up

I bet many others could say the same thing

what's happening to us is NOT our fault
    We're the victims, remember?

Most of us work to support others, we're doing our "man" part, daily
    Tell you what, turn us "men" loose against this or just about any other issue and you'd find these issues would be cleaned up pretty fast
    Of course there would be other issues to contend with, after the "cleansing", but I suspect we'd all be looking at things a bit differently at that point in time and after what we just went through, we'd be smarter enough to figure it out

No Sir, I did NOTHING to deserve ANY of this

9. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Well 30 is a good start. It's a shame that LEOs could not catch them all.

10. tom baxter

Retired now
    I wasn't referring to you personally, nor your children. But your empire was founded on murder, theft, exploitation and slavery. You drove out and murdered the Indians (who actually weren't Indians lol) you stole land off Mexico, you, (your empire) grew rich on slavery and today through it's monetary policy exploits half the known world. Did you honestly think you could just walk away from the consequences of all this with a strident "Hey, that wasn't me"? You share in it, your wealth is a direct consequence OF IT!

You are not unique, nearly every civilization is based on this behavior. I'm sure there were many decent parents and the children spawned from them, living in the roman empire when it collapsed. But they reaped what their forefathers had sown all across the Mediterranean and Europe. Their cities were sacked, their inhabitants scattered. And this is where you are today, living in a nation infested with bludgers on welfare, many of which hate you simply because you represent the White oppressors.

You can't escape the consequences of your forefathers actions. Nor the consequences of your current establishments actions. You can pretend it isn't happening but it is and it will get a lot lot worse. I referred to the Roman Empire earlier because in 2000 years there has been no other parallel to compare your empire to. You have allowed tens of millions of barbarians to live within your borders, just like the Roman's did. These people are tame for the most part as long as they can share in the free food and circuses, but they are not Americans, they do not even call themselves Americans.

11. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Uh, You are an AUSSIE are you not ?
    Australia was a part of the British Empire.

Early on the American Colonies were use by the British to dump prisoners and Indentured Servants.
    Australia started as a prison colony by the British.
    Australia killed off Aborigines which the average Australian seem to get amnesia about until the 1960s "...In 1968, anthropologist W.E.H. Stanner described the lack of historical accounts of relations between Europeans and Aborigines as "the great Australian silence."[49][50] Historian Henry Reynolds argues that there was a "historical neglect" of the Aborigines by historians until the late 1960s.[51] Early commentaries often tended to describe Aborigines as doomed to extinction following the arrival of Europeans".
    research by Craig Mear,[43] Michael Bennett,[44] and Christopher Warren[45] argues that, despite controversy, it is highly likely that the 1789 outbreak of smallpox was a deliberate act by British marines when they ran out of ammunition and needed to expand the settlement out to Parramatta.[46] Smallpox then spread well beyond the then limits of European settlement, including much of southeastern Australia, reappearing in 1829–30, killing 40–60 percent of the Aboriginal population." HMMM - Sounds familiar like what the British did in the Ohio Country Native Americans.

The BRITS stopped their slavery just 60 years before the War Between the States.

Do Not Throw Stones when You Live in a Glass House

searcher likes this.
  12. tom baxter

Retired now
    Of course, I freely admit it? My grandfather, God rest his soul, put a few in the ground himself. Lets not turn this into a debate about who was more "naughty", that's not the issue. The issue is you have race riots in major cities all the time now and they are getting worse. I was simply pointing out the roots of this to Buck because he seemed to think it was none of his business. It's everyone's business there because it has it's roots in your father's and forefather's behavior. " Time to suck it up and reap what you have sown more likely." was the comment I made but it wasn't personal. I was replying to southfork who said "TIME TO AUTHORIZE THE USE OF DEADLY FORCE" But that time has come and gone. At least at the government level.

I am commenting on the actions of the whites who have been the superior race there for hundreds of years. Our aboriginals are like your Indians, are they a problem? No. Why? You might think it's because you killed most of them and there numbers are small but I believe the reason is that they "ARE" Americans, America is their tradition home, they are not invaders, they are not something-Americans, like your blacks are African-Americans.

I'm talking in real terms, not through the stupid politically correct looking-glass. You have demonstrably been superior because you have, as a race, taken the best of everything at the expense of other races. We whites did the same here, of course we did, I admit it, everyone knows it surely? Why pretend we haven't? The blacks have a legitimate case but the only solution really is to ship them all back to Africa, the Mexicans to Mexico and anyone else that won't fit into the white American system back to where they came from too because they will never be satisfied with anything. You gave them money, government jobs, political power and even a President, and guess what, they still want you all dead.

It's not like Detroit in 67, that was a culmination of frustrations, a singular outburst that was ruthlessly put down because the superior white leadership wouldn't stand for it.
    What happened with the LA riots? The cops retreated to the police stations and waited it out. They let the barbarians rule the streets, like they let the gangs rule the streets. This is not good! The same is happening in England BTW, your not alone, any empire that oppresses large numbers of others eventually suffers the same fate. We can't deny these things. If anyone wants to they can go suck a lemon as far as I'm concerned. They are delusional, their brain addled by years of political correctness and ego bolstering.

You as a nation have tried everything to placate these barbarians and just like back in the days of Rome you have failed. It never works, different races simply cannot live together in peace while one has the upper hand and lives in relative luxury while the other lives in relative poverty. Only when both equally well off or equally poor do these enmities disappear.

13. Buck

Though some of what you post is correct, it doesn't remove the Independence that a Human posses'.
    True, I call it American if only because it's the last bastion on earth to allow itself the indigent ownership of an open society where even the fools have their time in the sun

Piss on you, Thanks for your POV, I do appreciate it but I don't have to agree

I own guns, You don't! ( I could be wrong but I'm guessing mine were cheaper to possess...LOL) oh yeah, my BB bats cost cheaper because I know a company that makes 'em and I can get the rejects for cheap and I own a whole lot of butter knives and forks, mostly sterling forks but thats for another thread...but thanks again for the Fosters exports, probably cost the company nothing to import into the US thanks to some shitty trade agreement but it's better than you folks speaking Japanese, right? and I'd help in other ways but I'm just too damn far away to be of any good other than Good Cheer Bloke!

We have corrupt politicians, you have a corrupt system
    I get it now

Sorry for your loss

14. Buck

Indigent?

LOL
    IDK

LOL

15. Buck

oh yeah, individual

16. tom baxter

Retired now
    BTW, that Fosters is a shitty beer, that's why it's exported. Interestingly our biggest export, by dollar value, is... Gold. Australia is literally a Gold mine :)

The real difference between Australia and the US, in reference to this thread, and my posts, is that we are 75% White. And the other 25% are spread across many many races but the biggest faction is Asian, Chinese predominately. This coupled with the fact that we never really kicked the Arses of the other races, gives us a very stable culture. There is little infighting between the various races and when it occurs it's usually the Tongans fighting the Vietnamese or the Aboriginals fighting the Sudanese. There was a flare up in Sydney a decade ago where the Lebanese youths tried it on with the White Aussie boys but they were quickly outnumbered and driven back into their Sydney Ghetto. The Lebs though are basically white European so I don't write much into it. They just had the misfortune of coming from a warzone and are full off piss and vinegar which will be bread out of them in another generation.

As long as we don't try to invade Poland and Czechoslovakia we should do ok.

17. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Why are none of these or other liberal idiots protesting Daylight Savings Time? That has more negative effect on all of us. I would even join them.

GOLDBRIX, Alton and searcher like this.
  18. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Me too. Not too happy about losing an hour this AM.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  19. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

A small detail in the overall scheme of things but daylight savings time seems to me to be the height of all that is asinine about government. It is the pinnacle of hubris and legislative overreach for government to think it can control time or at least the keeping of time. These phuktards can't even control pennies. Hell, they can't even control themselves (PEDOGATE). May their end come swiftly and with all pain and terror.

nickndfl and GOLDBRIX like this.
  20. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Indentured Wage Slave
    I used to freak out about spring forward and losing an hour of sleep, but now I stay up late, pre-set all the clocks, and sleep-in.

Back to the OP:

If 200 youths are involved in the flashmob attack

And all 200 have Obama phones, and were "invited" via social media

Then, why are only 30 arrested?

Seems as though the popo are not using their over-arching surveillance powers efficiently.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  21. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

IMHO we should fall back 30 minutes this year and then just leave it there.

As for actually changing the time on clocks, I can't even remember the last time I had to manually change a clock due to DST's comings and goings.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  22. Alton

I don't think I'm unique in this but I'm highly attuned to my internal clock and the going of the sun. Furthermore, Indiana, with the exception of the northwest corner which is tightly connected to Chicago, has been on "real time" year round for decades. The change back to daylight savings time a few years back has been a miserable and quite costly error in terms of productivity, safety, health and well being that we are forced by diktat every year to endure. We have this thing called the internet so NO business ANYWHERE has either need or practical reason to demand the stupidity of daylight savings time.

nickndfl likes this.
  23. Eyebone

Eyebone Midas Member Midas Member

Ha, Ha, Ha, I need some more 12 guage.

When these buggers come down my street I'm Gonna have a field day.

24. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    There's a video at the link and from what I can see they were of a certain duskey persuasion...

25. Alton

I still have a mechanical clock and a couple early electric and electronic ones that have to be manually changed. Have to manually change the one in the truck too.