1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

40% silver Kennedy half dollars for $0.25 UNDER spot per ounce

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by JayDubya, Jan 10, 2018.

1. JayDubya

JayDubya Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Mujahideen and the_shootist like this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Good deal for those who stack 40%ers

3. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Nice deal, lcs really beats up people wanting to sell them though

4. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

About ten years ago, I sold my bag of 40% for about ten percent under spot. And that was the best I could do. Spot was $17-something and I got $15 more or less. I even sorted them by year to show good faith (2000 coins!) The Local Coin Shop guy was an asshole and offered me half price. I sold them to a gun shop that had a buyer ready for deals. I am glad to see that the Local Coin Shop is out of business and the gun store is doing well.

If you have a sweet deal with a refiner, 40% halves might be good. But otherwise, I suggest you be careful buying those dogs.

5. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Never was a fan because of the 40% silver content. That means there's 60% of metal that no one is particularly interested in owning. Silver is hard enough to store in large quantities. The math and the storage requirements just didn't work out for me.

6. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

I've been finding them at banks. When I get the time, I'll bank hop. Once got a twenty dollar roll with all but one 40 in it. Picked up 45 of them around Christmas. Got over 100 in face value at face value. I have the grand kids search them. It's for them anyway.

7. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    That's a nice idea!!!

8. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Back ten years ago the wife was a cashier at Publix Supermarkets and she was bringing home 10-20$ a night of 90% that I suppose people were cashing in after they lost their jobs not realizing they were worth more than face.

40% are really no interest to me at my age. I only have about 100 SAE's left in inventory. Now if I could only remember where I put all those Maple's.