1. Stocks soar, Metals get hammered
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Monday morning takedown. Gold is down 12.8 to 1243 while Silver is down 17 to 1647. Crude is up 20 to 4321. The USD is up 15 to 97.09
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

A poll for President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Bottom Feeder, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Are We Losing Faith In The Trumpster?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2017.
  1. No

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Looks like it

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. The jury’s still out

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Faith? never had any

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Silver Miner Site Supporter

Just thinking, the prez’s first hundred days are coming up, don’t they make a big deal over that? How do you think he’s doin? He hasn’t lost me yet, he’s still my president. (voters hidden)

BF

TAEZZAR likes this.
  2. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Out of the 20 or so total political dweeds, we had to choose from, he was the least offensive.
    In spite of both sides of con-gress hindering him, Trump has done some pretty good things, BUT, he has flipped 180 on other issues. Who is blowing in his ear !

Alton, gringott, Mujahideen and 2 others like this.
  3. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Jury is still out.

Need to see what will happen with the ACA and it's replacement, veterans issues, tax issues, wall street, and several issues I'm interested in.

TAEZZAR and Mujahideen like this.
  4. Bottom Feeder

Humm, 67 views and only 13 votes? That would be about 18% participation in the poll – poor showing, I’d say. Nothing like the posts in the thread from a week before about our ‘traitor’ prez when everyone was voicing their opine on how off track he was getting.
    Come on, guys, it’s just a poll, click a button. :rage 1

BF

TAEZZAR likes this.
  5. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Trump was probably the 2nd best viable pick for the Republican Party, behind rand Paul.

So far he meets my low expectations. He is not incompetent and he could be more of a sell out than he already is, and he doesn't appear to want to start ww3...

I believe trump would sign a national concealed carry reciprocity bill if presented to him. If that happens I will cut a lot of slack.

glockngold, Aurumag, gringott and 4 others like this.
  6. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Yes, Sir !!!!

searcher likes this.
  7. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Well I'm not ashamed to have voted yes. I also voted for him for Pres. But what has appeared over the last 3 weeks is is he has turned over much of what the Pres does to Pence and Jared. He's out front with the public stuff, but not the hard hitting stuff. He has allowed others to make decisions that only the Pres did in the past. It appears he is now just a passenger on the train, not the conductor, as PCR points out in this article;
    Paul Craig Roberts On President Trump's 'Disappearance'
    [​IMG]
    "In my long experience in Washington, vice presidents did not make major foreign policy announcements or threaten other countries with war. Not even Dick Cheney stole this role from the weak president George W. Bush. But this week the world witnessed VP Pence threaten North Korea with war. "The sword stands ready," said Pence as if he is the commander in chief. Perhaps he is."

gringott, searcher and the_shootist like this.
  8. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    With all due respect to the OP, that article is from ZeroHedge. They have more advertisements on their website than you can shake a stick at and they're usually over the top with their articles. Not my goto place for information.

9. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
    67 views doesn't necessarily mean 67 different individuals. It could be the same 13 who voted coming back and reading the new replies and each time that happens, it counts as another view. It also could include clicks by people who are not members and therefor not eligible to vote.

Anyway, that's how I understand it.

Fanakapan, spinalcracker and searcher like this.
  10. mayhem

Retired
    I don't see the ad's and you are correct about some of the content. I remember when it first appeared on Blogspot in 09, had the best financial inside news ever. Saved my butt too. But it has transitioned into a click site, been sold a couple of times, and again just recently. But I read the PCR article earlier and it just happened that I had the ZH tab open so I went the easy way and just copied and pasted without even opening it up. But it is a PCR article not a ZH article so it doesn't matter what you think of ZH. But then people like to shoot the messenger, as they are easy targets.
    I'm using Mint, w/Chrome browser with ScriptSafe, and AdBlock and do not see any ad's there, not one.

11. Bottom Feeder

OK, no argument. But since I'm the one doin' the math I do it the way I want. :D
    Isn't that the math they teach the kids nowadays?

BF

mayhem likes this.
  12. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    I didn't vote, none of my business, but the results are interesting, so far...

13. tom baxter

Retired now
    I didn't know about the sale of it, things make more sense in the light of that. I have been reading it for 10 years and the content has just recently turned to rubbish IMO. Far too political and not much cutting edge stuff anymore. It seems to be just trolling stories elsewhere as many do.

gringott likes this.
  14. mayhem

Retired
    The sale took place just before they went to the WordPress engine and Amazon cloud hosting service. It could be a honey pot now for all I know. If you went there often before you would see that there are a bunch of new commentators and the old ones have disappeared. I never joined in all those years and use a proxy to access them so I personally am not concerned.
    ZH is just a small step above Drudge. :-)

gringott likes this.
  15. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    It all went down hill at ZH after the math question went away.

Fanakapan likes this.
  16. tom baxter

Retired now
    Interesting... Well I deleted the link now and won't be back. After an hour scouring the web I found this one to replace it
    https://www.theburningplatform.com/
    It's a good mix of stories and has a little humor interspersed too. I turned off my uBlock AdBlocker and it was harmless enough. I did have JAVAScript off though. I installed the QuickJava firefox addon and it was the best ting I ever did (aside from the youtube saver ) Half the time I turn pictures off too because pictures are a distraction when you are trying top analise some piece of news.

17. mayhem

Retired
    Before I closed my forum and Blog I posted a few of Jim's Quins articles from the burning platform. There are many good sites to gather different opinions from. I spend prolly 10 hours a day here in this chair, so while I have GIM in a tab I'm probably reading somewhere else, then flipping the new posts and alerts here.
    Script safe allows me to turn javascript off by default and if I need it I can turn it on and refresh that page, then turn it off again. GIM is whitelisted simply because there isn't any bad scripting here. That's what is nice about different OS's and browsers. I personally thing FF is bloated, where Chrome isn't. Now if you want a super secure Chrome there is a fork of Chrome (Epic) that is available.

18. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Be patient, folks will find it and a 20% participation rate is acceptable (see: Pareto's law) if not expected.

This is something that I had to learn and thought I would pass it on. Phrasing of the question might be a hindrance. The word "we" is a turn off to some. Who is this "we" you speak of? Make the question personal which reflects honesty and respect for those whose opinions you seek. Are YOU losing faith in the Trumpster? is a question I would more freely answer because you're asking me and not any "we". Another "repellent" word is "faith". Trump is neither god or a demigod, government is NOT a religion, there is NO faith involved. Yes, I do understand the vernacular usage in this context using the word faith as a synonym for confidence. This would work among the masses of the dumbed down Americans, but you're here at GIM II where people tend to use their heads for something more than just keeping their ears apart.

I don't know enough about this software to know if you can edit the question for this poll. However, this may be helpful for future polls.

searcher and Bottom Feeder like this.
  19. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

What was the question?

20. Bottom Feeder

But, but, but - I expected that the crowd here is not listed in the 'normal' statistical realm. It should be 80% participates & 20% who cares - we be a thinkin bunch. I comprehend your advice ok, but by the time I get around to making another poll I'll have forgotten it all. :zombie:

And besides, where else can I throw a temper tantrum?
    BF

TAEZZAR and Alton like this.
  21. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    If you wanted to be a member, you had to answer a random question in the numbers game, algebra or what have you. Took me several questions to be registered. I was happy when I finally was able to answer a question.

TAEZZAR and Alton like this.
  22. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

OTOH after the last election where so many polls declared America the loser...I mean Killary the winner, wait...what was the question?

23. Bottom Feeder

And that my dear friend, is an excellent example of the difference between polls on MSM and a poll on GIM. Our poll is REAL and we know it.

OK, time for breakfast and off to tinker.
    BF

TAEZZAR likes this.
  24. Bottom Feeder

The 100th day of Trump's presidency will be April 29, 2017, have you voted in this poll? This is a true poll, by us, and it will close the 30th. If nothin else, click the "jury still out" button" - at least it will give me an idea of our support.

BF

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  25. Bottom Feeder

Poll results, just in:

Go Prez = 63.9%
    DTPDD = 36.2%

All right then, with 100.1 % of the ballots in I'm calling President Trump the certified WINNER!

BF

All Trump All The Time!
    Please close the thread if you would Mr. Site Mgr

TAEZZAR likes this.
  26. TAEZZAR

Yes, good results.
    What is DTPDD ?

27. Bottom Feeder

Remember EPDD?

[Elvis Presley Drop Dead]

Maybe before your time :D

BF

TAEZZAR likes this.
  28. TAEZZAR

hahahahahahahahahah, I am older than 90% of our members !!! AND I really don't remember that. I liked Elvis & it was sad that his doctor drugged him to death.

edit" oooops, I got off track.
    DTPDD
    Donald Trump Pres. Drop Dead ?
    Donald Trump Please DD ?

I don't want him dead, we need him.