1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

A record-breaking 31 House Republicans won't seek re-election in 2018

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Goldhedge, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Draining the swamp...

A record-breaking 31 House Republicans won't seek re-election in 2018

January 10, 2018

A whopping 31 House Republicans will not be seeking re-election in November, NPR reports, including Rep. Darrell Issa (Calif.), who announced his impending retirement from Congress on Wednesday. The 2018 GOP exodus is a new record: The last time there was such a massive departure from Congress was when 28 Democrats left in 1994, and Republicans subsequently seized control.

Most significantly, Republicans in states won by Hillary Clinton are leaving in droves. "Vulnerable House Republicans would clearly rather call it quits than stand for re-election with a deeply unpopular agenda hanging over their heads," Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spokesman Tyler Law told NPR. NBC News' Jesse Rodriguez made a similar point:

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.56.49 PM.png

Twelve of the Republicans who will not be running for another term in 2018 will remain in politics, including Rep. Steve Pearce (N.M), who is running for governor.

Democrats would need to flip 24 seats to take back the House, with the Senate being more of a long shot; in the upper chamber, Democrats have to defend 25 seats and pick up an additional three in order to take back the majority. A Washington Post/ABC News poll from November found that hypothetical Democratic candidates are favored by voters against their Republican counterparts 51 percent to 40 percent. Jeva Lange

TAEZZAR and gringott like this.
  2. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

hope the rest lose in primary

gringott likes this.
  3. Buck

Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

I hope the Communists don't fill the voids

piss on the rest :piss

Usury, phoneman and TAEZZAR like this.
  4. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

STOP STOP STOP with this "republican" "democrat" crap. It's one f'in party. This is just another game to be played so you take your eye off the ball.
    Actions speak louder than words & these asshats have done nothing "conservative" they all take their marching orders from the generals.
    My guess is the seats are filled by....... wait for it....... a very "young" (read down there for a long time) corrupt group of new asshats that sell their soul's to the NWO for their lavish life style's & pensions.
    Really really bad "D" list actors at best.........

Alton, FunnyMoney, birddog and 9 others like this.
  5. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Choosing between D and R is like choosing how to be raped.

6. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Good call.

FunnyMoney likes this.
  7. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Well said ! Only a fool would argue with you !!!

gringott likes this.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

appreciate the sentiment for sure,

yet, if all of those go dem, you can be sure tramps road will be much harder, and any ability to do much will be stonewalled even worse than it currently is,

so be careful of what you wish for, the devil you know could be far better than the one you do not.

Glasgow, Usury, Buck and 4 others like this.
  9. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    We're fucked either way big bear

mayhem and FunnyMoney like this.
  10. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Totally agree. That was my point. Russia, fake news, nothing is sticking to Trump so they are forced to swing DC the other way...... maybe just a little faster than they had planned but then look at some of the ages.......

11. 3glocks1stack

3glocks1stack Seeker

Talked with a guy on that list recently and can personally verify that his main purpose for retirement is to spend more time fishing with his grandkids. Great guy.

Thanked him for passing the tax bill. Have had several accountants tell me that that should be very helpful to me. He said that he had actually been working on that for the past 8 years.

12. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Mittens was the last Republican Party frontman before trump... I rest my case.

FunnyMoney likes this.
  13. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker
    an old favorite ...
    politician.std.jpg

Alton, Mujahideen and FunnyMoney like this.
  14. FunnyMoney

FunnyMoney Silver Member Silver Miner

Making America Great Again - By way of rolling the dice.

I'm wondering if at some point Americans decide to vote 3rd party, I've been a long time doubter on that topic. The 2 party system long since became extremely powerful and the media has a firm grip on the sheeple.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  15. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Wow! So afraid of the expected Trump backlash or resigning for grabbing bootie? Pedophiles? Dems have more backbone? Grab fewer booties? Fewer pedofreaks? Think Killary will save them? (Hey! They ARE libtards!)

16. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker
    Isn't that funny ( ironic). The social media is ablaze with B$ memes hating both sides
    " "LIKE" if you think we should have term limits", blah, blah, blah. and yet the same PAC whores are elected year after year. I've voted against incumbents for the last 20+ years, and the blood sucking parasites are still here.

I live in SC. These clowns don't even get out of bed to campaign. You can get road kill elected here as long as it has an (R) in front of its name.

I voted for Ron Paul when he ran in 1988 as a Libertarian - I doubt 10% of the voting populace even knew his name. We all know he ran again in 2008 and was pushed to the sidelines by the media and Republicans alike.
    And of course, he was 'defeated' in the Republican primaries by the douche-bag, senile, traitor John McCain.

Then there was Perot ... < sigh >

I voted for Trump for obvious reasons - not the least of which I believed him to be a viable political murder weapon. So far, so good. I wonder if I'll live long enough to see real change. I doubt it. Time will tell.

mayhem, the_shootist and FunnyMoney like this.
  17. FunnyMoney

FunnyMoney Silver Member Silver Miner

Great post. I haven't watched but I bet returning to a "silver standard" isn't mentioned during all that. And of course, RP would be the last person they would consult.

A weapon indeed, but unfortunately my gut feeling about this is we will see change, but not the good kind.

18. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Most of us have done the same thing. If voting mattered it would already be banned!