1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Ahoy All Ye Boat Nerds & Ship Aficionados - Here Be Safe Harbor

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Oct 10, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Trouble with Anchors Adventures of an old Seadog, ep73
    Adventures of an old Seadog

Published on Dec 22, 2017
    In this episode, I drag my anchor, visit a warship, have an ultimate bbq and get to chill. Lots of boatie stuff in this one . . . enjoy.
    Thanks to Ran sailing for 2nd camera shots.
    Thank you for watching this episode, please give us a thumbs up and subscribe.
    On Facebook our page is ‘Adventures of an old Seadog’ and there you can find ‘realtime’ up-dates and news.
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/adventuresof...

2. searcher

19. A Narrowboat Christmas Special 2017 - The Middlewich Branch . . .
    CountryHouseGent

Published on Dec 23, 2017
    If you would like to contribute and support the making of more canal travelogues, you can do so by visiting my Patreon page here https://www.patreon.com/countryhousegent

Or you can make a one off donation through my PayPal.Me page https://www.paypal.me/kevinshelley

-------------------------

Hi all. This is my first Christmas on the canals aboard Aslan, so to celebrate, I thought it would be a great fun to put together a Christmas special. :)

In this festive episode, I travel along the 10 miles of the Middlewich Branch, from Barbridge to Middlewich.

On the way, I answer some of the many questions I have been asked over the past 6 months.

Also, I cook a pie using the range oven in the Boatman's Cabin, prepare my all-time favourite meal, in the world - a Lamb Madras, and I talk about just how much my travels along the canals, from Crick to Chester and to the Llangollen, have actually cost.

Cheers all,

3. searcher

Up Close: Mathilde Maersk sails from Felixstowe, 19 Dec 2017
    Shipping TV

Published on Dec 19, 2017
    Triple-E Mathilde Maersk sails from the Port of Felixstowe, late morning of 19th December, 2017:

4. searcher

CARGO SHIP IN A BAD STORM (Passenger's Perspective) - Cargo / Container Ship Travel
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Oct 5, 2017
    CARGO SHIP IN A BAD STORM (Passenger's Perspective) - Cargo / Container Ship Travel! Cargo ship storm are no joke! Today on our Cargo ship we go into a storm. Bad weather out on the sea. THIS IS A ONE OF KINDA VIDEO! Nothing else like it.

Entire Cargo Ship Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

5. searcher

Ship ALGOMA NIAGARA on Welland Canal
    RightInNiagara

Published on Dec 27, 2017
    The upbound ALGOMA NIAGARA seen on a frigid (-9C) Dec. 27, 2017, entering Lock 1, then proceeding towards Lock 2 on the Welland Canal, Dec. 27, 2017. This newly-built Equinox Class 740-ft.self-unloader was launched this year at the Yangzijiang Shipyard in China, crossed the Pacific Ocean in the fall, and arrived in Canada in early November to begin her service.

6. searcher

7. searcher

CSCL Arctic Ocean swings off Felixstowe Berth 8 in a force 7-8 winds with 3 Svitzer tugs. 29.12.17
    Deano C

Published on Dec 29, 2017
    As the CSCL Arctic Ocean finshes cargo operations, winds had built up to 28-32 knot gusts. The Harwich Haven Pilot wanted to clarify the wind speed with Harwich VTS before preparing to depart. After a discusion with the captain a third tug was requested for departure as the wind was still picking up.

The CSCL Arctic Ocean departs Felixstowe with a maximum draught of 13.4 metres for her next port of Rotterdam.

Shortly before departure crane rolled off onto the Maribo Maersk which was berth behind her but there was still a small issue with the strength of the wind which had stopped a crane booming up until the wind had eased off a tad. Winds easing the pilot gets the tugs to come to station.

Svitzer Deben lead the tugs out from the pontoon followed closely by the Svitzer Shotley and Svitzer Kent a few minutes later. The plan was the 3212's Deben and Kent were to make fast on the centre leads fore and aft and the smaller 2411 Shotley to make fast on the port quarter. I would be a straight pull off the berth and swing to port the come ahead on the main engine with Deben and Shotley assisting around the Beach End out of the harbour. The offshore lines fore and aft were slackened and bought back onboard before the Deben and Kent were made fast. Once the Deben was fast, the Shotley was made fast.

All three tugs fast, they get in position to pull the CSCL Arctic Ocean away from the berth. The springs released, the pilot gets all three tugs to build up to a 50% pull with the Kent forward increasing to full power. Easing off ther berth the pilot varies the aft tugs power until they were clear and coming ahead on the main engine. Shotley eases up and comes into a push position on the port quarter while the Deben moves around onto the starboard quarter and begins to take the stern around.

Swinging nicely, the Shotley comes away from the ships side so they could be released. Kent eases up and goes straight ahead of the ship with a slack line ready to let go. Kent peels off to the Felixstowe side while the Shotley repositions on the most aft tug marker on the port quarter. Deben follows astern on the favouring the starboard side to keep out of the wash of the CSCL.

Approaching the Fort Buoy, the pilot gets the Deben to go out onto the starboard quarter at full power for a powered indirect to help the stern swing around the 90 degree Beach End out of the harbour.

Shotley comes away from the ships side and waits outside the harbour for inbound Hammonia Husum while the Deben drops back in astern to retreive their towing line before heading back inside the harbour to be the second tug for the inbounder.

With a team effort from the Harwich Haven Pilot, the three Svitzer tugs and Harwich Haven Authority, the 400 metre CSCL Arctic Ocean swings off the berth in challenging conditions and heads for her next port.

8. searcher

World on Water TV Global Sailing News December 29 17 Volvo, Hobart Start & Finish, crash Gybing more
    Geoff Waller

Published on Dec 28, 2017
    In this week's WoW TV
    Donfeng has a "keel-failure" on the way to Melbourne
    Rolex Sydney Hobart race Skippers interviewed
    Turn The Tide ON Plastic's "Crash Gybbing in the Southern Ocean"
    (Make a great song!)
    Rolex Sydney Hobart race Start
    The dramatic finish of the race in the windless Derwent River to the finish in Hobart's Sandy Bay.

9. searcher

Aquarius Boat tour - AMEL Super Maramu 2000 / Sailing Aquarius #21
    Sailing Aquarius Around The World

Published on Dec 24, 2017
    Happy Holidays from Aquarius! Please find our most recent and most requested video – “Aquarius Boat tour” – AMEL Super Maramu 2000. This was the first video by Ken with new software, Final Cut Pro, and there was a bit of a learning curve. I have been pushing Ken to finish the Vid for a few months, but this was worth the wait!!!! In a very detailed way, I think too much detail sometimes, Ken shows a number of the system aboard Aquarius and how they work, like bow thruster and a look into the engine room, and….. so much more!

Let us know if you would like to see more!

Subscribe, and LIKE our videos!!!

10. searcher

Life at anchor. Adventures of an old Seadog, ep 74

Published on Dec 29, 2017
    I'd like to thank all my viewers for all your support over the last year. 2017 has been huge for this channel. Changing its name from Barryperrins to Adventures of an old Seadog to match the series and Facebook page helped to make a difference. From a few thousand views, one of the videos 'Miserable old man saves yacht' suddenly took off with 70,000 views in one week! From then on the channel grew quickly to be successful and has just been voted in the top 100 adventure channels on Youtube. This success is down to YOU. Without your views none of this would be possible. I thank you and am so grateful for your continuing support. I must also thank my Patreons for their generosity. I want to wish you all all the best for the new year and may your dreams come true.
    In this episode, I go aboard a wrecked yacht, Go shopping by boat, help some locals, make an anchor light out of a jam jar!
    Thanks to Ran sailing for the drone footage, Alsino for his help and free taxi service!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoZ8...
    On Facebook our page is ‘Adventures of an old Seadog’ and there you can find ‘realtime’ up-dates and news.

11. searcher

Ice On The Illinois River
    marktwained

Published on Dec 30, 2017

12. searcher

Hammonia Husum makes her first call to the Port of Felixstowe in force 7 gale. 29th December 2017
    Deano C

As winds strengthen to force 8 the Hammonia Husum boards a pilot at the Sunk station which is on the edge of British waters to head inbound for her first call to the Port of Felixstowe.

As the vessel heads inwards via the deep water channel, the pilot requests 2 tugs for berthing to go portside to Felixstowe Berth 4.
    Also in the main channel the 400 metre CSCL Arctic Ocean which had sailed from Berth 8 was heading towards the Sunk.

13. searcher

Great Lakes Freighter Paul R Tregurtha
    Boat watching in the Soo

Great Lakes Freighter Paul R Tregurtha up bound out of the Soo Locks early morning Christmas Eve. 12-24-17

14. searcher

Best of 2017 powered indirect of Svitzer tugs at Felixstowe.
    Deano C

15. searcher

My Classic Boat 26ft Cutter 1905
    My Classic Boat

Published on Dec 31, 2017
    We're sailing The Solent with Dick and Pat Dawson on Lone Wolf, their stunning 1905 Ashton & Kilner 26ft cutter. They talk about their 3 year restoration, the joy of owning a small classic yacht and we get a private tour of the bathroom. Copyright: Bob Aylott myclassicboat.com Music Green Obs. Please share and if you haven't already, subscribed, its free and lets you know about the latest videos from the No1 Classic Boat Channel. Thanks

16. searcher

Ship CUYAHOGA maneuvers into the Port Weller drydock
    RightInNiagara

Published on Dec 31, 2017
    CUYAHOGA is seen maneuvering aft-first into the Port Weller drydock, located above Lock 1 on the Welland canal, on a cold (-12C) Dec. 31, 2017. (Later that evening, the canal was officially closed, as scheduled, for the winter season)
    Using a combination of forward/reverse from her rear propellers, along with her bow thrusters, the ship was nicely pivoted through the ice in the turning basin, and smoothly backed into the drydock opening, without any tugboat assist. {Now that's how you' parallel-park' a boat!!}
    **Happy & Healthy New Year to all! **
    Thanks for watching RightInNiagara

17. searcher

CSL ASSINIBOINE Frozen New Year
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 1, 2018
    CSL ASSINIBOINE arrives in Duluth in frigid temperatures.

18. searcher

19. searcher

Polish Girl buys Sail Boat for €1 !! Yes, that is ONE EURO. Ep. 122
    Sailing La Vagabonde

Published on Jan 1, 2018
    Justyna, 22 years old, was miserable at university in Poland when something incredible happened. She saw an ad online of a couple wanting to sell their sail boat, but only to the RIGHT person. She took a chance and flew to Malta to go and see the boat meet the owners. Over dinner with the couple, they asked “how much can you offer us”. Justyna was at uni, so it wasn’t much… watch to hear Justyna tell the story of how she bought the boat for one euro and plans to refit the entire thing herself!! We can't wait to see her progress. GIRL POWER!!

20. searcher

Ship BAIE ST. PAUL waits as tug SEAHOUND clears ice at Lock 1, Welland Canal
    RightInNiagara

Published on Jan 1, 2018
    As the CUYAHOGA was easing into the Port Weller drydock on Dec. 31, 2017, the upbound BAIE ST. PAUL could be seen below Lock 1, yet, she wasn't moving for quite a while. Turns out she was making her approach into Lock 1 but had to stop just before reaching the lock gates, because the lock was full of ice which would have created problems once the ship entered. The tug SEAHOUND was summoned to clear out the ice from the lock cavity, allowing BAIE ST. PAUL to later enter the lock.

21. searcher

WELCOME TO MIAMI
    Tula's Endless Summer

Published on Jan 3, 2018
    Smooth sailing from Port Everglades to Government cut in Miami and up to Virginia Key where we anchored for the night. We did not capture it on camera but we had the most incredible view of the bright night Miami skyline. We enjoyed it exactly how we wanted.. from a distance. Miami is an awesome place but we aren't too fond of cities in general so we are just passing through... http://tulasendlesssummer.com

22. searcher

go 26 arendjan uitgaand met stormachtig weer.scheveningen 3-1-2018
    jaco roeleveld

Published on Jan 3, 2018

23. searcher

Great Lakes Freighter American Integrity in the Soo
    Boat watching in the Soo

Published on Jan 4, 2018
    Great Lakes Freighter American Integrity up bound through the ice in the Soo Lock Canal.1-2-18

24. searcher

Great Lakes Freighter Edgar B Speer in the Ice
    Boat watching in the Soo

Published on Jan 1, 2018
    Edgar B Speer up bound out of the Soo Locks and through the Ice in the Lock Canal. 1-1-18

25. searcher

Great Lakes freighter Lee A Tregurtha
    Boat watching in the Soo

Published on Jan 3, 2018
    Great Lakes freighter Lee A Tregurtha down bound at the West Pier of the Soo Locks. 1-3-18

26. searcher

Great Lakes freighter Robert S Pierson
    Boat watching in the Soo

Published on Jan 3, 2018
    Great Lakes freighter Robert S Pierson up bound on the St. Marys River in the Soo. 1-3-18

27. searcher

28. searcher

Pirate castles and green rum Adventures of an old Seadog, ep75

Published on Jan 5, 2018
    Episode 75, HURRAH !! In this episode adventures ashore, exploring a pirate castle, drinking green rum, diving into a underwater paradise and lots of boatie stuff!

29. searcher

Getting Boarded At Sea - Ep. 82 RAN Sailing
    RAN Sailing

Published on Jan 5, 2018
    With just 15 Nm to go to our destination in Panama we see a naval ship on the horizon changing course and heading straight towards us.

We are a Swedish couple who wanted a different kind of life. So we moved aboard our sailboat RAN, a custom built aluminium Beason 40, untied the lines in the middle of the Swedish winter and started to sail south along the coast of Europe. There is no set route and we will go where the wind and our minds take us.

WANT MORE?
    Read more about us, the boat and get real-time updates and photos!
    - Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ransailing
    - Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ransailing

Keep track of RAN and us here: http://bit.ly/2g0hg9J

30. searcher

WHITEFISH BAY and the Superior Ice Floe
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 7, 2018
    WHITEFISH BAY departs BN5 in Superior with some ice breaking help from tug NORTH CAROLINA of Great Lakes Towing and tug HELEN H of Heritage Marine.

31. searcher

JOHN G MUNSON and the South Harbor Ice
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 2, 2018
    JOHN G MUNSON plows through the ice near Barker's Island, heading to the south entry and anchorage on the lake.

32. searcher

Great Lakes Freighter Cason J Callaway in the Ice
    Boat watching in the Soo

Published on Jan 5, 2018
    Great Lakes Freighter Cason J Callaway up bound in the ice covered Soo Lock Canal. 12-31-17

33. searcher

Icy Illinois River, Ottawa and Starved Rock
    marktwained

Published on Jan 5, 2018

34. searcher

Illinois River “Icepacolypse” 2018
    marktwained

Published on Jan 5, 2018

35. searcher

JOHN G MUNSON Bound for BN5
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 7, 2018
    JOHN G MUNSON arrives in Superior to load at Burlington Northern. Assisting are the tugs HELEN H and NORTH CAROLINA.

36. searcher

AMERICAN INTEGRITY and the Silent Salute
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 7, 2018
    AMERICAN INTEGRITY departed to anchor for the night to wait to load at CN Duluth.

37. searcher

CSL ASSINIBOINE Almost Icebound
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 8, 2018
    CSL ASSINIBOINE departs through a south entry choked with ice. Tug HELEN H provides assistance.

38. searcher

JAMES R BARKER Arrives for Winter Layup
    alaricdogface

Published on Jan 10, 2018
    JAMES R BARKER of the Interlake Steamship Company plows through the ice into Duluth for winter layup.

39. searcher

World on Water TV January 12 18 16 Foot Skiffs, Doldrums, Langkowi, Volvo
    Geoff Waller

Published on Jan 11, 2018
    In this week's WoW TV
    The Australian 16 and 14 Foot Skiffs held their championships in a blistering heat wave on Sydney Harbour. The wind was either a lot ornot enough but it was a true test of boats and crews.
    The Volvo fleet are in the doldrums and with no wind.
    The Royal Langjowi Yacht Club starts its renouned regatta
    We go over the fleet of the Volvo as they head slowly towards Hong Kong.

40. searcher

Moran tugs depart Woldenberg Park
    FL92002

Published on Jan 13, 2018
    While still walking along Woldenberg Park, we see Moran tugs Lizzy B. Moran and Shiney V. Moran, as they depart for the other side of the Mississippi River. At the end of the video, we see the sternwheeler Creole Queen. Shiney V. Moran and Lizzy B. Moran are both powered by MTU 16V4000 engines for a rated 5100 horsepower. If you have any questions about the video, feel free to message me. Comments are welcome. The video was taken on January 2nd, 2018.