1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

ALERT: Delivered By Airplane: Ebola Now Threatens 21 Million People In Major Metro Ar

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by searcher, Jul 27, 2014.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Re: ALERT: Delivered By Airplane: Ebola Now Threatens 21 Million People In Major Metr

[h=1]Election Time Ebola Reality Check: CDC Admits Droplet and Doorknob Transmission[/h]

By stephanie | Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm

ebola-cdc.jpg

That's right. Ebola can be transmitted by sneezes and doorknobs.

I simply don't get the people who are downplaying Ebola. On the one side, we have fringe conspiracy theorists who charge that the Satanic sociopaths in charge want to depopulate the planet, yet are faking the Ebola threat for some bizarre reason. On the other, we have what appear to be Democratic operatives flooding news comment sections making fun of anyone who is concerned about Ebola. (Never mind certain politicians!)

The fact that Governors Cuomo and Christie are now quarantining incoming high-risk travelers from Ebola countries in defiance of Obama tells me things are very serious.

How about we look at a very garden-variety conspiracy theory along with basic human nature? I charge:

1) Ebola caught the Obama administration with their pants down.
    2) They cannot limit travel without acknowledging that the Southern border needs to be closed.
    3) They need illegal votes to win.
    4) They are filled with hubris and arrogance.

Please don't try to tell me that Cuomo and Christie are in on some plot to implement martial law. If that were the agenda, Obama would have cracked down more himself already. No, the agenda is to win elections no matter what the cost. The "conspiracy" is to hide the extent of the Ebola threat for political reasons.

Don't get me wrong. I am concerned when mandatory quarantines for incoming travelers are implemented, but given that Ebola is very dangerous, and even medical professionals are being very cavalier about self-quarantine, what choice do we have? Would it lead to more freedom if we just let high-risk people run amok and start a pandemic? There is no liberty in death.

What really boggles the mind are the fringe conspiracy theorists posting "EBOLA IS A HOAX!!" YouTube videos where they make fun of people dying in Africa while giggling maniacally like a pedophile serial killer. Claiming that little boys dying in the street are "crisis actors," or men with their pants off due to explosive diarrhea are faking it, makes you look like a callous idiot. At the same time, you claim the Powers That Be are trying to kill everyone...by faking an outbreak. I don't know if you are just plain stupid, crazy, or a disinfo agent, but get a grip on reality.

I've also seen a lot of smarmy commenters claiming that hysteria over Ebola is more dangerous than Ebola itself. Really? How about denying reality due to your normalcy bias is dangerous? Or living in a fantasy world where no news is actually real and everything is a hoax? That might be dangerous too.

So what to do about this? Excuse me for getting partisan here, but I'm going to agree with Michael Savage (Stop the Coming Civil War: My Savage Truth) that we have to start by kicking all the Democrats out of office (since, depending on your view, they are either taken over by "communists" or the "New World Order"). Then once they are out, make a perpetual stink with your elected officials in Town Halls and remove the RINOs in office. This is in no way an endorsement of the GOP. It's simply an acknowledgement that one party has become extremely dangerous to the point of insanity and needs to get its collective ass kicked to the curb.

So please don't tell me that voting doesn't matter, or that both parties are exactly the same. Read between the lines. Clearly one party here is working overtime on the misinformation and the lies. Clearly one party is trying to bring in a whole swath of new voters using amnesty. If your vote didn't matter, why would they need to do that? In the least, you need to send a strong message to the Obama administration that you are fed up with their lies.

Hold your nose and do what progressive Democrats do: Vote for the "lesser of two evils." If you cannot vote for the Republican, because he's a total tool like Boehner, consider voting for the Libertarian. This will still send a message.

Remember that when you vote - and please vote - in November, your very life may be at stake.

PS My opinion is mine and mine alone and is not necessarily the opinion of anyone else associated with TF Metals Report.

PPS If you post comments on my article encouraging people to stay home and "don't bother" - in other words, if you spread "give up you can't win" propaganda on my piece, you are forewarned that I may moderate. I am sick of people telling others to give up and not fight. You are part of the problem.

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/...aphic-about-droplet-and-doorknob-transmission

2. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Re: ALERT: Delivered By Airplane: Ebola Now Threatens 21 Million People In Major Metr

QWAK,A vote for any Obama Democrat is a vote for ebola.:ahhhhh::puke:

the DUCK:s9:

3. honu5050

honu5050 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

nunya

remember we all breath air so watch what the people in the "real know" do or go....of course that fact dident stop em before they set off 2000 + nuke's n' all the radiation from fukashema still spewing out etc etc,

searcher likes this.
  4. searcher

NJ Governor Christie Folds, Un-Quarantines "Symptom-Free" Nurse After 24 Hours

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/27/2014 10:29 -0400

In a sudden reversal, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Monday that the state will release the quarantined American nurse who had been confined in a hospital isolation tent upon arrival from West Africa despite showing no signs of Ebola. As USA Today reports, Kaci Hickox, 33, was the first person pulled aside at Newark Liberty International Airport on Friday under Christie's new strict mandatory quarantine-for-21-days rules. It appears, as Reuters reports, Christie got a tap on the shoulder as The White House has told states that have imposed mandatory quarantines for some travelers from Ebola-hit West Africa that the policy could impede the fight against the disease. Additionally, in true litigious American style, Hickox plans to sue.

Christie makes a strong statement last night...

[​IMG]

The quarantined nurse is infuriated...

In a telephone interview with CNN, Hickox, a native Texan who now lives in Maine, said her confinement at University Hospital in Newark was "inhumane" and akin to being in prison. She said she has no symptoms and tested negative for Ebola.

"This is an extreme that is really unacceptable, and I feel like my basic human rights have been violated," Hickox who said on CNN's State of the Union.

Christie Folds....

24 hours after making the following statement: "I don't think when you're dealing with something as serious as this you can count on a voluntary system."This is the government's job." N

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Monday that the state will release the quarantined American nurse who had been confined in a hospital isolation tent upon arrival from West Africa despite showing no signs of Ebola.

As USA Today reports, Christie writes that Hickox "has thankfully been symptom free for the last 24 hrs. After being evaluated by CDC & her clinicians the patient is being discharged."

The move came only hours after Christie defended his state's strict new regulations for medical aids returning from Ebola-stricken West Africa.

Under White House pressure?

The White House has told states that have imposed mandatory quarantines for some travelers from Ebola-hit West Africa that the policy could impede the fight against the disease.

The White House voiced its concern to the governors of New York and New Jersey about the potential impact of quarantine orders, a senior administration official said on Sunday.

"We have let the governors of New York, New Jersey, and other states know that we have concerns with the unintended consequences of policies not grounded in science may have on efforts to combat Ebola at its source in West Africa," the Obama administration official said in a statement.

Hickox will sue...

Kaci Hickox, a nurse placed in 21-day quarantine in a New Jersey hospital after returning from treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone, will contest her quarantine in court, her attorney said on Sunday, arguing the order violates her constitutional rights.

We are sure they have it all under control - they have been preparing for months... and Ebola is so hard to catch.

The White House is working on new guidelines for such health care workers, according to a senior administration official.

The new guidelines are expected to be unveiled in the coming days, the official said. The official added that the administration is consulting with the states as they develop the new rules.

President Obama met Sunday with his Ebola response team, including "Ebola czar" Ron Klain and other public health and national security officials. According to the White House, the president said any measures concerning returning health care workers "should be crafted so as not to unnecessarily discourage those workers from serving."

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and United Nations Ambassador Samantha Power said quarantines may discourage health workers from traveling to West Africa to help block the disease at its source.

"If you put everyone in one basket, even people who are clearly no threat, then we have the problem of the disincentive of people that we need," Fauci said on ABC's This Week. "Let's not forget the best way to stop this epidemic and protect America is to stop it in Africa, and you can really help stopping it in Africa if we have our people, our heroes, the health care workers, go there and help us to protect America."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...quarantines-symptom-free-nurse-after-24-hours

5. searcher

6. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

BUSTED! NYC Ebola Patient's Neighbor Says THAT'S NOT HIM!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    Eyebone likes this.
  7. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

With research showing that certain Ebola strains can last up to 50 days on surfaces in cooler temperatures plus being more easily transmitted in the air in cool/cold dry air, this upcoming winter should be fun. With the seasonal flu + Ebola threat, I think I'll just stay indoors.

8. searcher

Ebola Unafraid: A Preliminary Ebola Treatment Protocol, by ShepherdFarmerGeek – Part 1

October 27, 2014 - 4:49 am

In a few days my former-Navy-nurse daughter will fly out to help stand up a brand new 100-bed treatment facility for the International Rescue Committee in Liberia. Ebola is not a theoretical threat anymore. Now it’s personal.

My daughter has always loved being in the thick of things and has been fascinated with Ebola since childhood. Now, in just a matter of days, she will walk into a room filled with sick and dying Ebola patients, and all her training, grit, and compassion will be tested. She will eventually come home on a rotation and be under medical isolation here, in our home, for three weeks until she is cleared.

So you can understand that it troubles me that there is no “official” treatment routine for Ebola patients. I do know that most African patients are receiving only Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS), which is a special mixture of salts to replace water lost to diarrhea or vomiting, or IV rehydration in a few locations. There are no other drugs, no other testing, and only minimal monitoring. Their own bodies will either fight it off or succumb. There are too many victims, and Ebola is spreading too rapidly for expensive and complex Westernized high-tech medicine, even if that would help, which clearly is not always the case.

However, we can do better.

I’ve spent the last month immersed in Internet research compiling, for my own family, to develop our personalized “Ebola Treatment Protocol.” It’s for people, like us, who might not have access to advanced medical care if and when Ebola comes to town. It’s based on the best information I can find, and there’s a lot of it.

I’m risking my own precious daughter’s life and our own lives, should this become an epidemic or pandemic in the United States. I’m betting that these measures will help. They’re not a cure, but they’re a lot better than doing nothing or just ORS.

We’ve started our daughter on these supplements. We’ve sent this protocol to the orphanage she founded in Kpando, Ghana, at their request, to give them something, some tool, that they can adopt and adapt should Ebola sweep through their community next. Also, we’re helping them select protective equipment, which unfortunately will not be up to newly announced standards (also see this article.)

I’m not afraid of Ebola, neither for myself nor my daughter. It’s just another potential threat that can be analyzed and prepared for, just like an economic collapse, earthquakes, EMP, wildfires, and more. I take my own advice, which is to trust God and be prepared.

Don’t go off half-cocked. If Ebola burns through our country, you’re going to have to have an eye for detail and do it right every time. There’s a lot more to do than have a treatment protocol in hand. You’ll need protective equipment, and you’ll need to figure out how to set up your own sickroom and the procedures for getting in and out and decontaminating and handling blood and vomit and maybe bodies. Make a plan. There could be a limited window of time when the best equipment and supplies are available.

It could be ugly, or maybe nothing will happen! That’s MY prayer, but only God knows. Don’t get sucked into all the Internet conspiracy talk of how it started and who stands to gain. Don’t lose the focus on what you’re going to DO about it to prepare. The goal of knowledge is action!

Some outstanding Internet resources can be found at these links. Please read them all:

There are many references in the Protocol Endnotes to explain why I included a particular supplement or procedure. I’ve worked on this for so long I can hardly see straight, but please don’t take my word for ANY of this. Do you own research. Draw your own conclusions.

Make your own “protocol.” Just remember this: the best treatment is prevention!

“O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid:

O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years,
    in the midst of the years make known;
    in wrath remember mercy.” – Habakkuk 3:2

Trust God. Be Prepared. We can do both!

(Tomorrow, Part 2 will outline the Proposed Ebola Treatment Protocol.)

http://survivalblog.com/ebola-unafr...atment-protocol-by-shepherdfarmergeek-part-1/

9. searcher

Ebola Unafraid: A Preliminary Ebola Treatment Protocol, by ShepherdFarmerGeek – Part 2

October 28, 2014 - 2:05 am

PROPOSED EBOLA TREATMENT PROTOCOL Disclaimer: There are many foods and supplements with antiviral properties; some of them are common (Garlic[SUP][2][/SUP]), some of them are exotic (Star Anise[SUP][3][/SUP]). What I’ve tried to do with the recommendations below is focus on the most common and highly recommended. Nobody knows what will work against Ebola, so try your own favorites to see what you can tolerate when ill. None of this is “medical advice” for purposes of federal obfuscation and interference. Consult your doctor, who will have no idea what to do. The information below is not exhaustive; it is not authoritative; and it is untested. Do your own research and be responsible for making your own decisions. I have no personal interest or investment in any product or item mentioned.

I wrote this up for my own use and for my family’s use. If it can help you, then great, but these are my personal notes that I’ve modified a bit for others to use. You have a favorite herb or supplement? Make your own treatment plan. If new research comes out about some product, add it to your protocol. If the CDC or WHO or UN announces dosage recommendations for melatonin or some other medication, follow those guidelines. However, until then, we’re on our own.

Before Exposure

Before exposure, once Ebola is in your region / town[SUP][5][/SUP], review hand hygiene practices[SUP][6][/SUP] and begin taking the following:

1. Elderberry extract, low dose (1 or 2tsp or lozenge), daily
    2. Daily multivitamin (includes zinc)
    3. Vitamin D3 @ 4,000 units/day (2 gel caps with Costco brand)[SUP][7][/SUP]
    4. Vitamin C @ 1,000mg/day (2 500mg tablets, divided morning & evening)
    5. 5. Milk Thistle / Silymarin[SUP][8][/SUP] 1 capsule at bedtime
    6. Probiotics[SUP][9][/SUP]
    7. Garlic oil capsules as directed or desired (fresh crushed garlic with food is best![SUP][10][/SUP])

List musical preferences, audio books (Bible reading), radio stations, books, games and hobbies, et cetera for morale if incapacitated.

(You will need to dispose of equipment and books afterwards.) Review your Will and Power of Attorney paperwork for medical care. Make sure you have plenty of blankets and sheets on hand, bed pads, pillows, thermometer, heavy re-usable rubber/plastic gloves, trash can, and construction-sized trash bags, towels and paper towels, and bleach. Review hygiene plans[SUP][11][/SUP]. Pick a spot to burn/bury your medical waste. If you really want to be efficient, dig the hole in advance, keeping it as far away from your well head as possible. Have lime on hand to dust waste. Have small water bottles on hand (lightweight) with caps with straw holes, bottle holders, straws, and 11 one-gallon water bottles to make ORS. Then, fill small bottles in the hot zone. (Discard gallon; don’t reuse!)[SUP][12][/SUP]

If Someone Is Showing Possible Signs of Illness

Consume high-nutrition, low/no sugar foods and coconut oil (at least 1 Tbs/day)[SUP][13][/SUP]. Also, eat fresh garlic, follow excellent hydration practice, and engage in moderate exercise1. If medical care is still available GO TO THE HOSPITAL. (Call first to see where they want you to go, which entrance to use, et cetera.) Take your supplements with you and insist that the hospital allow your patient to take them; they should not interfere with the supportive treatment they will provide. Take along the melatonin treatment article, in case they are unfamiliar with that approach. Someone should stay with the patient (outside of isolation) to be a patient advocate (be prepared to stay). Be firm with the hospital staff. If treatment collapses, be prepared to take your patient back home and continue treatment there.[SUP][4][/SUP] Pray. No, seriously, pray. If you don’t know where to start, just talk with God about what these verses say to you: Philippians 4:6; Psalm 18:2, 27:14, 46:1-3; Isaiah 41:13, 43:2.

Upon Suspected Exposure but No Symptoms

You may not have symptoms for 8-10 days after exposure to the virus. (On average, symptoms could be delayed for as long as 21 days)[SUP][14][/SUP]

Begin taking the following:

1. Elderberry to full recommended dosage (usually 2 tsp four times a day, depends on the brand, might add more)
    2. Daily multivitamin
    3. Vitamin D3 @ 10,000 units/day
    4. Vitamin C @ 5,000 mg/day[SUP][15][/SUP] (NOTE! A lot of Vitamin C can trigger diarrhea or loose stools, so lower your dose until the diarrhea stops)
    5. Increase Milk Thistle / Silymarin to 2 capsules (morning and evening),
    6. Probiotics
    7. Fresh crushed garlic with meals, as much as can be tolerated[SUP][16][/SUP]
    8. Vitamin A, follow directions
    9. Olive Leaf extract capsules, follow directions[SUP][17][/SUP]

Add to the supplements being given above:

• Colloidal silver solution as directed on bottle, separated from probiotics by several hours or you’ll just kill off your probiotics[SUP][18][/SUP]
    • Zinc @ 50mg/day
    • One gel cap of Vitamin E (no dosing recommendation), AND
    • a Tbs of granulated Lecithin[SUP][19][/SUP] with your twice-daily Silymarin capsule
    • Seriously consider other supplements such as Echinacea, Goldenseal, Astragalus, Kan Jang, Andrographis Paniculata, Feverfew, et cetera. Follow the directions on the bottle or package.

Consume high-nutrition foods, coconut oil (4 Tbs/day minimum), fresh garlic, and pure water for excellent hydration. Also engage in moderate exercise (walking).

Live in semi-quarantine environment: dust mask WITHOUT exhalation valve (unless walking outside by yourself), no touching items outside of sick room, temperature checks throughout the day, unless outdoors walking for exercise or reading/fresh air/sunlight, should be in sickroom.

Symptoms Present or Positively Exposed

When symptoms start or when positively exposed to Ebola, symptoms are mild and non-specific to Ebola for 5-6 days. The symptoms may just resemble a cold or flu, and you won’t know for sure (without testing) until around day six.

1. Stop Elderberry after you’ve had symptoms for four days[SUP][20][/SUP]
    2. Daily multivitamin, if tolerated
    3. Vitamin D @ 50,000 units if tolerated[SUP][21][/SUP]
    4. Vitamin C (If you already know what dose triggers loose stools, do not exceed that dose.)
    5. Increase Milk Thistle / Silymarin to four capsules/day (two morning, two evening) + Vitamin E + 1 Tbs Lecithin
    6. Probiotics
    7. Fresh, crushed garlic with meals, as much as can be tolerated. If fresh cannot be tolerated, then try garlic capsules.
    8. Colloidal silver, follow directions
    9. Zinc @ 50mg
    10. Vitamin A[SUP][22][/SUP] @ 8,000 IU (160% RDA)

Grind tablets between two spoons (or use a mortar and pestle). Mix crushed tablets with soups/broth or Oral Rehydration Solution (recipe found later in article). This should be tolerated better than swallowing a bunch of pills. Spread supplements out throughout the day.

Add the following to the supplements being given above: (Note: there are prescription medications that probably do a better job, but these are the over-the-counter meds that are available to all of us now.)

• Melatonin 20mg every 6 hours (4x/day). This supplement could be a big deal in treating Ebola. Read the Endnotes![SUP][23][/SUP]
    • Opiates, if available, for muscle pain (NOT aspirin, Aleve, or Ibuprofin, as these all cause bleeding.) Tylenol’s normal dose (but see important Endnote!)[SUP][24][/SUP]
    • Loperamide for diarrhea, follow directions[SUP][25][/SUP]
    • Meclazine for nausea[SUP][26][/SUP], follow directions (Ginger root tea might help as well! Or try Emetrol, a phosphorated carbohydrate solution[SUP][27][/SUP])
    • Consider starting Vitamin K2 supplementation (see Point 5, below)
    • Push hydration, not just water but Oral Rehydration Solution (see the recipe below)
    • Use portable potty (and liners, on a tarp) in sickroom

During illness, maintain full isolation and proper hygiene. Also, assist as needed with music/morale support. Patient should consume easy-to-digest, high-nutrition food, served in frequent small meals, if possible; include coconut oil and eggs, as well as Bone Broth.

Recipe for WHO Oral Rehydration Solution[SUP][28]

[/SUP]

• Table Salt (NaCl) 1/2 tsp.*
    • Salt Substitute (KCl) 1/2 tsp.*
    • [Potassium Chloride] Baking Soda 1/2 tsp.
    • Table Sugar 2 tablespoons
    • Tap Water 1 Liter (= 1 Qt. + 2 tablespoons)

Chill. This solution can be served with fresh lemon squeezed into it. One can also mix it with Crystal Light or “sugar-free Kool-Aid”. (Don’t use regular Kool-Aid, as it requires extra sugar that can worsen diarrhea.)

If Patient Dramatically Worsens

At about day six, some people begin to get better while most dramatically worsen. As of this writing (October 2014) the mortality rate is 7 out of 10 die, but that is based on the large number of basically untreated patients in Africa. We do not know enough about what the mortality rate can be for a patient who is receiving excellent supportive care. Do NOT give up hope!

1. Discontinue the elderberry, if you haven’t already. Ebola stimulates your immune system to release dangerous amounts of immune system cytokines, and elderberry may make that worse. Continue all supplements and drugs, as tolerated.
    2. If all food/ORS is being vomited up, then experiment with eliminating one supplement/drug at a time, and then multiples, to try to identify if the problem is one or a few of the supplements. Give as many as can be tolerated.
    3. Increase melatonin to 20mg every 4 hours (6x/day), ground and mixed with ORS.
    4. Give Oral Rehydration Solution in small sips as frequently as possible. Also, use IV rehydration, if possible

Add the following:

• Superoxide dismutase (SOD), follow directions[SUP][29][/SUP]
    • Oxygen supplementation if possible
    • “Cholera bed” if diarrhea is uncontrollable or patient is too weak to use portable toilet by bed[SUP][30][/SUP]
    • Antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections. Don’t let them get away from you and make things worse, but realize that antibiotics do NOT treat Ebola virus infections.
    • Vitamin K2[SUP][31][/SUP], follow directions. The human body uses it to regulate blood clotting. Note also if you’re giving antibiotics, they can reduce the levels of Vitamin K and Vitamin C in the blood. Don’t wait for uncontrolled bleeding to start, supplement with K2 when you start antibiotics.

Maintain hygiene: wash to prevent rash[SUP][32][/SUP], treat secondary infections topically and internally Frequently turn patient (every couple of hours during the day) to avoid pressure sores[SUP][33][/SUP]. Provide music and morale support.

Provide patient with liquid food supplementation, such as bone broth[SUP][34][/SUP], soups, Ensure[SUP][35][/SUP] or similar medical liquid food[SUP][36][/SUP], coconut oil, and mashed or blended easy-to-digest food.

Warnings

Be aware of three more things:

1. Ebola patients in the final stages of this illness can become confused and agitated. They might grab at your face/respirator or your gloved hands or thrash. They might still be able to get up and move around somewhat. This is an added complication that you’re going to have to prepare for, and one more reason to have your equipment firmly attached to your body.
    2. The body of an Ebola patient is highly contagious for many hours and maybe longer, and every fluid that comes off it and out of it is deadly dangerous. Don’t assume that if they’ve died that the virus is dead as well.
    3. If your patient has died, I’m very sorry for your loss. This has been a traumatic experience for you, but you must stay focused long enough to finish decontamination and make no rash decisions. It will take time, up to a year or so, for you to sort out your loss and work through your emotions. Give yourself time. Get help; find a pastor or counselor. No one should have to face the death of a loved one alone.[SUP][37][/SUP]

PLEASE READ THESE ENDNOTES. There is valuable information here, and at least give a quick look over the pages that the Internet links lead to:

References

[SUP][1][/SUP]http://www.naturalnews.com/047232_ebola_natural_immunity_virus.html

[SUP][2][/SUP]http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/ART00364

[SUP][3][/SUP]http://www.livestrong.com/article/367860-health-uses-benefits-and-risks-of-star-anise/

[SUP][4][/SUP]http://www.biodefense.com/ is an audio series you can download as MP3 files to listen to offline. They will give you an exhaustive look at preparing for and treating Ebola in a non-hospital setting. See also http://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/21878

[SUP][5][/SUP]The measures in this first category might need to be done for many months while Ebola works its way through the population. We just want to prime the immune system, not keep it at Red Alert level.

[SUP][6][/SUP]http://clinidirect.co.uk/knowledge-centre/21/hand-washing/0/16/patient-carer-section AND http://www.pathtoradianthealth.com/...ost-Frequently-Missed-Areas-Hand-Washing.html AND http://survivalblog.com/personal_hygiene_in_a_biowarfa/

[SUP][7][/SUP]http://www.naturalnews.com/024982.html

[SUP][8][/SUP]http://www.lef.org/magazine/2014/1/novel-method-boosts-milk-thistle-liver-concentration-10-fold/page-01

[SUP][9][/SUP]http://www.naturalnews.com/026265.html keeping your good bowel bacteria healthy is essential

[SUP][10][/SUP]Take a garlic oil capsule when your meals that day cannot include fresh garlic

[SUP][11][/SUP]Make a written PLAN, step-by-step, of how you’re going to “gown up” and enter the sickroom and how to take your protective equipment off so it doesn’t get contaminated. This usually takes two people. Focus on good respiratory protection, good eye protection, good gloves (and Nitrile disposable under-gloves), and splash protection for your clothes.

[SUP][12][/SUP]As much as possible we want disposable items that go into the hot zone and don’t need to be taken back out, but can just be discarded once contaminated.

[SUP][13][/SUP]http://www.naturalnews.com/026624_oil_coconut.html

[SUP][14][/SUP]http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/clinician-information-us-healthcare-settings.html gives information about the symptoms and the course of the disease

[SUP][15][/SUP]http://blog.drbrownstein.com/what-can-you-do-to-preventtreat-ebola/

[SUP][16][/SUP]Fresh is always better than capsules!

[SUP][17][/SUP]http://drhoffman.com/article/olive-leaf-extract-2/

[SUP][18][/SUP]http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/hi-ho-silver/ while there are NO studies that would support the use of silver as an antibiotic (read the article), with Ebola we’re in uncharted waters. Since moderate doses aren’t going to harm you it’s probably something I would try if I knew I was infected. Lots of people swear by it.

[SUP][19][/SUP]To add the phosphatidylcholine referenced in endnote “viii”

[SUP][20][/SUP]We’ve used Elderberry to prime the immune system with cytokines but once (if) symptoms turn severe it’s partially due to an OVERproduction of cytokines and we don’t want Elderberry to contribute to that problem

[SUP][21][/SUP]Long term high-dose Vitamin D can start to accumulate in a person’s body and become toxic. Use this high dose only when symptoms are severe.

[SUP][22][/SUP]Vitamin A is another oil-soluble vitamin that can accumulate in the body, it is not as strongly associated with fighting viruses as high dose vitamin D, but it has a role in fighting infections.

[SUP][23][/SUP]http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jpi.12186/pdf AND http://books.google.com/books?id=94...tic value and Neuroprotection" sepsis&f=false AND http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g5838/rr/765484

[SUP][24][/SUP]Fever helps inactivate viruses, but too high of a fever is a destructive over-reaction by the patient’s immune system. Keep their temperature under 103 with Tylenol, cool towels or fans. Exceeding the maximum Tylenol dosage is toxic to the liver under normal circumstances. It. Kills. Your. Liver. There are no studies of administering Tylenol to Ebola patients, whose livers are already stressed and diseased, so it’s possible that even normal Tylenol doses could become toxic. If the patient is not getting pain relief from a regular dose, I recommend just stopping Tylenol all together. What they really need (I suppose) are opiate painkillers to do any good.

[SUP][25][/SUP]We don’t want to stop the diarrhea entirely. It’s the body’s tool for flushing the virus and toxins from the digestive tract. But too much diarrhea can seriously dehydrate your patient, and that can be deadly all by itself.

[SUP][26][/SUP]http://www.drugs.com/comments/meclizine/for-nausea-vomiting.html and http://ear.emedtv.com/meclizine/what-is-meclizine-used-for.html It’s not just for motion sickness!

[SUP][27][/SUP]http://emetrol.com/

[SUP][28][/SUP]See http://clearingmyemptynest.blogspot.com/2009/02/oral-rehydration-solution-homemade.html You can also buy it premixed, in packets, if you have a huge budget, at places like http://www.moreprepared.com/emergen...-packet.html?gclid=CLbA1p6Hr8ECFQemaQodfGoA7w

[SUP][29][/SUP]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9071427 Notice it needs to be combined with lecithin (which you should already be taking with your milk thistle.

[SUP][30][/SUP]A “cholera bed” (Google it for a picture) is a cot with a large round hole cut into the fabric to allow the patient to discharge their diarrhea into a bucket or tub placed below the cot. Commercial cholera beds have reinforcement around the hole to be sure the material doesn’t tear. Some commercial beds are padded – you might try a foam camping pad glued to a plywood sheet. Make sure the cot is tall enough to put a bucket under it!

[SUP][31][/SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K

[SUP][32][/SUP]A zinc oxide cream like Desitin might help prevent or treat “diaper rash”

[SUP][33][/SUP]http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/pressure-sores-treatment-overview

[SUP][34][/SUP]http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-9890/10-benefits-of-bone-broth-gut-healing-recipe.html

[SUP][35][/SUP]Ensure is mostly corn oil and sugar, NOT ideal. But it might be the only thing you have on hand that your patient will sip.

[SUP][36][/SUP]http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/resource-2.0-medical-food-complete-liquid-nutrition-vanilla/ID=prod3085033-product

[SUP][37][/SUP]http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-death/

http://survivalblog.com/ebola-unafr...atment-protocol-by-shepherdfarmergeek-part-2/

10. searcher

Ebola Virus Is More Likely to Spread through Aerosols – and Survive Longer – When It’s Cold

[​IMG]
    Submitted by George Washington on 10/28/2014 14:53 -0400

[​IMG]
    A British government defense lab finds that Ebola can last up to 50 days in the cold.

The Daily Mail reports:

The UK’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) found that the Zaire strain [of Ebola] will live on samples stored on glass at low temperatures for as long as 50 days.
    [​IMG]

The left-hand charts plot survival rates of Zaire strain of Ebola (Zebov) and Lake Victoria marburgvirus (Marv) on glass (a) and plastic (b) at 4° (39°F) over 14 days. The right-hand charts reveal the survival rate under the same conditions over 50 days. Both viruses survived for 26 days, and Ebola was extracted after 50 days.

The tests were initially carried out by researchers from DSTL before the current outbreak, in 2010, but the strain investigated is one of five that is still infecting people globally.

The findings are also quoted in advice from the Public Agency of Health in Canada.

Temperatures of 39°F or colder are common in the U.S., Canada and much of Europe during the winter.

Top Ebola scientists also say that the virus is more likely to be spread by aerosol in cold, dry conditions than in hot, humid weather.

(Given that sneeze droplets can travel 20 feet, that’s nothing to sneeze at.)

Indeed, the British defense study cited above also found:

[​IMG]

All three filoviruses under investigation [Ebola is a type of filovirus] could be detected after 90 min in a dynamic aerosol (Fig. 4a)

In other words – even after 90 minutes – Ebola could survive suspended in aerosols if the temperature is chilly.

The amount of Ebola which survives in aerosol obviously diminishes with time:

[​IMG]

However, since MIT has recently shown that sneeze droplets travel much farther than previously thought – and can enter into ventilation systems – Ebola protocols need to take these realities into account.

This is the first time that Ebola has spread out of West Africa to cooler, dryer nations … so we can’t assume that what works in the hotzone will work here.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...aerosols-–-and-survive-longer-–-when-it’s-col

11. honu5050

nunya

it was manufactured.. that's my bet over mutation n' then perhaps the Fukashema atomic puke is affecting all the bug a boo's that's what happens when ya get this advanced there's a fvkjn SPIN on every g-dam thing.

12. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 9.31.25 AM.jpg

searcher and Oldmansmith like this.
  13. honu5050

nunya

but not on Israels airline or there . did they send help or our u.s. tax money ?

14. searcher

Democrats, the Ebola-Crats

[video=youtube_share;cxLM2ZRnEjk]http://youtu.be/cxLM2ZRnEjk[/video]

http://youtu.be/cxLM2ZRnEjk

Published on Oct 29, 2014
    The mid-term elections in the USA the Ebola-Crats (Democratic Party – DNC) should be voted out of office from dog catchers to senators. In a press conference President Obama (Democrat) stated those American health-care workers who return from Ebola areas in Africa who have direct contact with the victims will be allowed to return to the USA without being quarantine.

Mr. Obama also stated those U.S. troops in those Ebola nations will not have direct contact with the victims however when they return they will be in 21 day quarantine.

Basically per the President / Ebola-crats – Democrats, if one has Ebola contact, no quarantine. No Ebola contact – quarantine.

Come this election vote for a Democrat / Ebola-crat and vote against the health and security of the United States of America. Vote Democrat at your own peril.

Twenty-one day quarantine for U.S. troops in Ebola areas:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/29/us/...

Italy upset U.S. troops from Ebola areas will be quarantine in Italy:
    http://www.thelocal.it/20141029/us-so...

Two articles - The Obama regime planning to bring non-citizens to the USA for Ebola treatment:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2...

15. searcher

[h=1]Is It About To Get Worse? Lakeland Hazmat Suit Orders Go Exponential, Surpass 1 Million[/h]

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/29/2014 22:26 -0400

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Almost exactly a month ago, long before the Texas Ebola fiasco, when virtually nobody had heard of a small company out of Ronkonkoma, NY called Lakeland Industries and whose only product is "industrial protective clothing for industry, municipalities, healthcare and to first responders" i.e., Hazmat suits, we asked "i) who will get sick next and ii) how bad could it get?" For the answer we focused on the recently announced order of 160,000 Hazmat suits by the US State Department which had come at a time when the CDC was urging everyone that there is nothing to fear and that Ebola is under control. Not surprisingly, shortly thereafter the Ebola situation promptly escalated and led to not only the first Ebola death and Ebola transmission on US territory, but also the first Ebola infection in New York City.

Fast forward to today when shortly after the close, and minutes after it announced the completion of another $11 million follow on offering, Lakeland surprised everyone, and especially those who are short the stock, when it released the following "Update on Business Activity Relating to Ebola Crisis" in which it announced that it has, by now, received a stunning 1 million Hazmat suit orders and rising exponentially.

Through its direct sales force and numerous distribution partners throughout the world, Lakeland has secured new orders relating to the fight against the spread of Ebola. Orders have been received from government agencies around the world as well as other public and private sector customers. Certain of these contracts require weekly delivery guarantees or shipments through the first calendar quarter of 2015. The aggregate of orders won by Lakeland that are believed to have resulted from the Ebola crisis amount to approximately 1 million suits with additional orders for other products, such as hoods, foot coverings and gloves. Lakeland started shipping such orders only in October, which is the end of its fiscal 2015 third quarter reporting period. The main impact from Ebola-related orders received to date will not be realized until the Company's fiscal 2015 fourth quarter ended January 31, 2015.

Additionally:

Monthly production capacity for sealed seam ChemMAX and MicroMAX protective suit lines has increased by nearly 50% from August 2014, prior to Ebola-related product demand, to October 2014, and is on track for a 100% increase from that level by January 2015, with the ability for additional increases as needed. Substantially all of the available production capacity in August 2014 had been allocated to purchases by the Company's industrial customers (for non-Ebola related purposes). The Company will continue to service its industrial customers who are dependent upon Lakeland to conduct their work safely. The expanded capacity is necessary in order to meet obligations for both traditional customers as well as for protection against the spread of Ebola.

Conveniently enough, we put the 1 million Hazmat suits in context just two weeks ago when it was revealed that Ebola-stricken Liberia alone needs about 1 million suits for its population.

[​IMG]

Some additional context: earlier today the World Health Organization said that 4,910 people had died of Ebola and anew record, or 13,676 confirmed, probable or suspected cases, had been reported in the three hardest-hit countries of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
    As we said in the summery when the Ebola cases in those countries were orders of magnitude fewers, "let's hope these cases do not cross borders and certainly not the Atlanic."

Finally, to remind everyone what the hoopla is all about, and why LAKE stock was up 30% after hours despite the equity dilution, here is what a Lakeland suit looks like... and costs. Something tells us LAKE's $60 million market cap as of today's close will be quite a bargin in the coming months. Especially with 44% of the float short.

[​IMG]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...-suit-orders-go-exponential-surpass-1-million

16. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired

You have to wonder whether they will manage to keep up their quality control with such a massive increase in production.

17. searcher

Seems like the good rev has a very unigue look at the creation of aids and ebola. I can honestly say I have never heard anything like this before. Mature audiences only..........

[video=youtube_share;fU-GJLbTBUc]http://youtu.be/fU-GJLbTBUc[/video]

http://youtu.be/fU-GJLbTBUc

18. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    argentos likes this.
  19. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant

Now, thats funny.....

20. honu5050

nunya

guess ya aint never been in prison .

21. searcher

The Story Changes: Ebola Is Now "Aerostable" And Can Remain On Surfaces For 50 Days

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/31/2014 22:01 -0400

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Submitted by Michael Snyder of The End of the American Dream blog,

When it comes to Ebola, the story that the government is telling us just keeps on changing. At first, government officials were claiming that it was very difficult to spread the Ebola virus. Some of them were even comparing it to HIV. We were given the impression that we had to have “direct contact” with someone else’s body fluids in order to have any chance of catching the virus. But of course that is not true at all. Now authorities are admitting that Ebola is “aerostable”, that it can be “spread through droplets”, and that it can remain on surfaces for up to 50 days. That is far different information than we have been getting up until this point. So that means when they were so confidently declaring that they know exactly how Ebola spreads they were lying to us.

On October 24th, a 33 page document was released by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and in that document it is admitted that Ebola is “aerostable”. WND was one of the first news outlets to report on this…

The information was contained in a 33-page report released Oct. 24 by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Department of Defense’s Combat Support Agency for countering weapons of mass destruction.

The agency report states “preliminary studies indicate that Ebola is aerostable in an enclosed controlled system in the dark and can survive for long periods in different liquid media and can also be recovered from plastic and glass surfaces at low temperatures for over 3 weeks.”

The report says the government is seeking technologies for the “rapid disinfection” of Ebola, including an aerosol version of the virus.

“The technology must prove effective against viral contamination either deposited as an aerosol or heavy contaminated combined with body fluids,” reads the solicitation document.

You can view the document for yourself right here.

So is there any difference between “aerostable” and “airborne”?

That is a very good question.

Meanwhile, the CDC has finally come out and publicly admitted that Ebola “is spread through droplets”.

In other words, it can be spread by a cough or a sneeze.

On the CDC website, it now says the following

“A person might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has germs on it and then touching their mouth or nose.”

Well, that certainly does not sound like “direct contact” to me.

And once someone has coughed or sneezed, the virus can live on a surface for a very long time.

In fact, authorities in the UK now tell us that Ebola can survive on a glass surface for up to 50 days

The number of confirmed Ebola cases passed the 10,000 mark over the weekend, despite efforts to curb its spread.

And while the disease typically dies on surfaces within hours, research has discovered it can survive for more than seven weeks under certain conditions.

During tests, the UK’s Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) found that the Zaire strain will live on samples stored on glass at low temperatures for as long as 50 days.

All of this directly contradicts what the CDC website has been telling us…

“To get Ebola, you have to directly get body fluids (like pee, poop, spit, sweat, vomit, semen, breast milk) from someone who has Ebola in your mouth, nose, eyes or through a break in your skin or through sexual contact.”

It turns out that is not even close to the truth.

And even as Obama boldly proclaims that there will not be an Ebola pandemic in the United States, the actions that his administration is currently taking suggest otherwise.

For example, we have just learned that the federal government has ordered 250,000 hazmat suits and is sending them to Dallas

A manager with a major shipping company has exclusively revealed to Infowars that the U.S. government has ordered 250,000 Hazmat suits to be sent to Dallas, the location of the first Ebola outbreak in the United States.

The manager of the shipping company proved his credentials to Infowars by providing a photo ID and sending a verified email from the company account, but wishes to remain anonymous due to understandable fears that he could be fired for revealing the information.

“I just learned we have been asked to ship 250,000 HAZMAT suits to Dallas, TX. for the US Government. Again this is happening today, we are pulling these suits for the US Government to Dallas, TX,” states the individual, who manages the drivers who work for the shipping company.

Why in the world would the Obama administration buy so many hazmat suits if everything was under control?

It doesn’t make sense.

Is this Ebola outbreak much more of a potential threat than they are telling us?

Insurance companies sure seem to think so. In fact, many of them are now specifically excluding Ebola from their policies…

Remember the promise of universal health care with Obamacare, with no refusal for ‘pre-existing conditions’? It looks like your insurance company may not have to cover you if you get Ebola. U.S. and British insurance companies have begun writing Ebola exclusions into standard policies to cover hospitals, event organizers, and other businesses vulnerable to local disruptions.

While it is estimated that expenditures to treat the original Dallas Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, were approximately $100,000 an hour (though he passed anyway), it looks like insurance companies won’t be footing the bill.

President Obama originally refused to set up travel restrictions in and out of West Africa, too, even though the governments latest scare tactics and the CDC’s ineptitude have resulted in insurance companies creating new policies which exclude Ebola care. Renewals will also become costlier for companies opting to insure business travel to West Africa or to cover the risk of losses from quarantine shutdowns at home.

The American people deserve the truth.

I can understand the desire to keep people calm, but giving the public a false sense of security isn’t going to do anyone any good, and it might end up making this crisis much, much worse.

It is important for people to know how easily this virus spreads so that they can take appropriate measures to protect themselves and their families. Since June, approximately 400 health workers have caught this virus, and about 230 of them have died. These workers take extreme precautions to avoid getting Ebola. If this virus did not spread easily, this would not be happening.

If our politicians and the mainstream media are not going to tell us the truth, then we are going to have to keep one another informed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...ow-aerostable-and-can-remain-surfaces-50-days

GOLD DUCK likes this.
  22. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,If they told the public the truth about EBOLA there would be NO November elections:452: and the public would NOT be out shopping in in stores and shopping malls!:ahhhhh::afraid::thumbs_down:

The economy would be in crash mode right now and probably should be.:yes::puke::signs14:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

23. searcher

*Just a little food for thought.............

Armed guards enforce city-wide quarantine of Muncie, Indiana (1893)

Health officials were authorized to break down doors to ensure compliance with the massive quarantine.

Posted on October 31, 2014 by Site Staff in History

[​IMG]
    One of the confidence-inspiring smallpox hospitals in Muncie, Indiana, where the afflicted were quarantined for weeks. Source: Twelfth Annual Report of the Indiana State Board of Health (Indianapolis, 1893). 112, 166.

MUNCIE, IN — In 1893, an outbreak of smallpox caused public health officials to take drastic, draconian measures to prevent the spread of disease. The unpopular, violent quarantine that followed provides a memorable case study of the failings of forcible mandatory quarantine of a city.

The incident began when Muncie’s Health Officer, 34-year-old Dr. Frank G. Jackson, was informed of a serious illness that required his investigation. On Thursday, August 17, 1893, the young doctor trekked across town to discover a patient with a high fever and skin eruptions, described as “black chicken pox.”

Early on, there was disagreement among doctors about whether the first patient — and subsequent patients — actually had chicken pox or the more severe smallpox virus. By the time there were 14 suspected cases, Dr. Jackson convinced the city council to take action and institute a domiciliary quarantine of the infected families. The city health officer was granted arrest powers, and the newly-formed Committee on Public Safety was clothed (in the words of the resolution) “with full power to take whatever measures are in their judgement necessary to prevent further spread of the disease, and support the quarantine declared by the health officer.”

By August 22, a quarantine was in full effect, complete with armed guards with the authority to arrest anyone who disobeyed quarantine restrictions. Initially, the quarantine was restricted to containing the infected houses, which were marked with yellow cardboard signs reading “Smallpox.” Red flags were posted to segregate the boundaries of the quarantine zone — an area eight blocks wide and sixteen blocks long. The guards were posted outside the infected houses to prevent unauthorized entry or escape. They were told to kill all stray cats and dogs as a precaution against the spread of the disease.

1.jpg
    An 1893 map of Muncie, Indiana, in which the government attempted to track the spread of Smallpox. Source: Twelfth Annual Report of the Indiana State Board of Health (Indianapolis, 1893). 103

The City Council invoked a mandatory vaccination effort on August 22, and sent government agents “house-to-house in the infected district to vaccinate and inspect for unsanitary conditions.”

A week after the first public declaration, on August 25th, there were 11 cases under treatment; one woman had died.

But many citizens were skeptical and defiant of the dramatic measures being used against them. Residents frequently sneaked out of the backs of their homes to visit neighbors and friends, while armed patrols marched in the front.

The public saw reasons to doubt the city’s doctors, who bickered over the best way to treat smallpox. Many people viewed vaccines as dangerous and ineffectual; some patients got smallpox in spite of their inoculation. People were also disgusted by the vaccines, derived from “aseptic bovine lymph” — the pus of blisters found on infected cows housed in “vaccine stables.”

There was a mass exodus from Muncie during the early stages of the quarantine, in which an estimated fifteen hundred people hurriedly fled to live with friends and relatives elsewhere throughout the country.

Mayor Arthur W. Brady assured Muncie residents and the surrounding towns that authorities had the situation “thoroughly under control,” despite numerous failings of the guard staff. The following day, on August 29th, twenty out of twenty-two guards resigned their posts, citing undesirable risks and low pay.

By September 7th, there were dozens of cases of smallpox in Muncie. The Indiana State Board of Health stepped in and took the situation to an extraordinary level, curtailing civil rights in the name of public health. The following proclamation was issued:

1. No public meeting of any sort should be held. No exercises should be held at any church, lodge, opera house, ball ground, or any place (including school when it was to open) of like character.

2. The people generally should remain at their homes as much as possible. Congregations of persons on the streets should be avoided. The police were directed to see that no crowds collected on the street. Loitering or loafing would subject parties to arrest.

3. Special care should be taken to keep at a good distance from the infected houses. No communication should be had with persons infected or in danger of infection.

4. Everybody should be vaccinated, whether vaccinated in the past few years or not.

Muncie officials were so fearful that they suspended library services, burned a number of books, and fumigated every piece of mail and luggage leaving the city.

Aside from bans on public assembly and compulsory vaccination, the quarantine prevented the freedom of travel for Muncie residents. People wishing to leave the city were required to carry certificates from the public health officials declaring that they had been vaccinated and were free of infection.

Trains, being the dominant mode of inter-city travel, were restricted to passengers who could present certificates of vaccination from public health officials. Ticket agents were forbidden by the State Board of Health to sell tickets to anyone without the proper government paperwork, and a special police task force set up checkpoints at the train station to ensure compliance.

The neighboring towns became increasingly paranoid of Muncie residents. Special policemen patrolled the roads to check travelers for their government-issued health certificates. Traveling salesmen had a particularly difficult time during the quarantine, and were frequently subject to arrest.

When patients succumbed to the virus or the complications that followed, they were buried in the middle of the night on the first night after their death. No public funerals were permitted.

Eventually the domiciliary (at home) quarantine tactic was scrapped, and sick people were forcibly removed from their homes and taken to the city’s two newly-designated “Smallpox Hospitals,” where patients were corralled and languished for weeks on cots. The average quarantine time was 40 days.

The favorite disinfectant and treatment of the day was a “bi-chloride of mercury,” a substance (later found to be toxic) that was rubbed topically on sores, and used to bathe smallpox patients. It was liberally applied to contaminated surfaces, and even rubbed onto to the screens of doors and atomized into the air at hospitals and schools.

The city council even passed an ordinance authorizing health officials to “use all necessary means, including force and the breaking of doors if required, to compel the removal of all persons having smallpox.”

[​IMG]
    “An ordinance to establish a city hospital, and compel the removal of persons having small-pox thereto.” (Muncie, Indiana, September 11, 1893)

The warrantless detainment order was met with a torrent of criticism. Although prominent city attorneys touted it as “constitutional,” others strongly disagreed. Even the police refused to enter homes without a warrant.

It turned out to be the health officials who payed the least regard to the rights of the afflicted. When a known smallpox sufferer refused to go to the hospital, sometimes even the doctors themselves would force their way into the homes to drag them into quarantine.

This thuggish behavior was met by resistance from some residents. There were reported instances of homeowners repelling the authorities with firearms. At least one pesky health official was wounded from a gunshot blast to the arm when an “irate father” refused to relinquish his child into government custody. When residents were very resistant to being taken to the hospital, there are even reports of authorities “starving out” the families until compliance was gained.

Resenting their foul treatment, some indignant residents even purposely spread the disease by throwing infected rags out of their homes into surrounding spaces.

Dr. Jackson, as Muncie Health Officer, criticized the reluctance of local judges in accepting affidavits against families who were suspected of concealing an infected family member. He lamented that “there was found to be no authority by which we could compel persons to submit to an inspection of their premises, although we were certain that cases of small-pox were being concealed.” He added that “in all of such cases, we made and enforced our own laws, as in times of martial law.”

While Dr. Jackson approved of forcible home entry, he later observed that the compulsory hospitalization ordinance he oversaw “was found impossible to enforce without absolute loss of life by violence.”

As many as 150 guards were employed at the height of the Muncie quarantine.

The state quarantine order was finally lifted on November 4th, and one of the two Muncie smallpox hospitals was closed. For the first time in 9 weeks, churches were allowed to hold services and schools reopened their doors.

As of December 1893, there had been 150 cases of smallpox reported in Muncie, and 22 deaths, according to Dr. Jackson’s report. The compulsory vaccination order affected 10,00-13,000 people.

Both Dr. Jackson and County Health Officer Dr. Hugh Cowing concluded that “house quarantine was an utter failure.”

The Muncie quarantine provides a valuable historical lesson in the lengths governments will go to during the hysterical times of public health crisis. Compulsory vaccination was later challenged in the U.S. Supreme Court in Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905). The court, of course, sided with the government and decreed that individual rights may be subordinated to the “common good” and individuals may therefore be subjected to the compulsory police powers of the state.

[HR][/HR]REFERENCES:
    1. Twelfth Annual Report of the Indiana State Board of Health (1893): 103-186.
    2. Eidson, William G., “Confusion, Controversy, and Quarantine: the Muncie Smallpox Epidemic of 1893,” Indiana Magazine of History 86 (1990): 374-398.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/muncie-indiana-smallpox-quarantine/

madhu likes this.
  24. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Searcher,I'm wondering :hmmmm2:if they actualy shot any one for breaking the quarantine?:vollkommenauf:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

searcher likes this.
  25. searcher

Not positive but it wouldn't suprise me if it hasn't happened in Africa.

26. searcher

[h=1]ISIS May Be Weaponizing Ebola, Spanish Government Warns[/h]

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/01/2014 19:31 -0400

[​IMG][​IMG]
    In a somewhat stunning announcement, Spain’s State Secretary for Security, Francisco Martinez, said in an address to the parliament, that extremists connected to the Islamic State (the terrorist organization formerly known as ISIS) have been considering using Ebola as a weapon against the West. As RT reports, Martinez notes a close eye is being kept on online chat rooms, where such attacks are reportedly discussed among jihadist groups where “The use of Ebola as a poisonous weapon against the United States” was the topic of conversation. So far US Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson denied these allegations citing "no specific credible intelligence."

As RT reports,

The Spanish government said it is concerned that terrorists could use the Ebola virus as a biological weapon against the West. A close eye is being kept on online chat rooms, where such attacks are reportedly discussed among jihadist groups.

Extremists connected to the Islamic State (IS, previously ISIS) have been considering using Ebola as a weapon against the West, Spain’s State Secretary for Security, Francisco Martinez, said in an address to the parliament.

Martinez stated that this type of activity serves as further proof that the internet is an “an extension of the battlefield” for the Islamic State, which uses cyberspace for “threatening enemies through propaganda, preparing operations, exchanging information, ideological training, recruiting new members and acquiring finance.”

Furthermore, Mr Martinez, the second in command in Spain’s interior ministry, said investigators had identified ‘many examples’ of threats to use Ebola as a chemical weapon.

He pointed out three specific cases in which aspiring jihadis ‘linked to ISIS’ had used internet chat rooms to seriously discuss the viability of harnessing the deadly virus and other toxins as part of a new terrorism offensive, according to Spain’s RTVE media company.

One conversation, identified as having taken place between ISIS sympathisers in mid-September, referred to ‘the use of Ebola as a poisonous weapon against the United States,’ he claimed.

Another conversation reportedly saw militants working out how best to employ ‘deadly chemical products’ they had stolen from laboratories.

Mr Martinez went on to say that a spokesman for the terror group had also taken to the internet to urge supporters to kill Westerners by any means possible – adding that he had suggested ‘poisonous injections’ as a possible method.

Despite increasing evidence of biological attacks on the West, US Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson denied allegations of the Islamic State’s plans to use biological weapons. “We've seen no specific credible intelligence that [the Islamic State] is attempting to use any sort of disease or virus to attack our homeland,” Johnson said earlier in October.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-01/isis-may-be-weaponizing-ebola-spanish-government-warns

27. searcher

HERE’S Why Ebola Is No Longer In the News

[​IMG]
    Submitted by George Washington on 11/03/2014 13:11 -0500

Forbes’ David Kroll – an adjunct professor at Duke University Medical Center - notes:

The Associated Press and other press outlets have agreed not to report on suspected cases of Ebola in the United States until a positive viral RNA test is completed.

In other words, the mainstream media has agreed not to report on any suspected Ebola cases.

I guess the Ebola czar has been a busy boy, after all ... you know, preventing panic and all that.

H/t Dr. Meryl Nass.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-03/here’s-why-ebola-no-longer-news

28. searcher

Shippers Work ‘Ebola Clause’ Into Contracts

By Reuters On November 4, 2014

[​IMG]
    File image (c) Shutterstock/ Lukasz Z

[​IMG]
    By Jonathan Saul and Edward McAllister

LONDON/NEW YORK, Nov 4 (Reuters) – As Ebola persists in West Africa, shipping lines and traders are tweaking their contracts to protect themselves if the disease puts crews at risk of infection or prevents vessels calling at affected ports.

Ebola has not yet forced ports to close, but uncertainties about the spread of the virus are adding to legal and financial concerns for those involved in shipping oil, cocoa and minerals from the region.

Iron ore miners have already been hit by logistics problems exacerbated by the Ebola outbreak.

“Ebola clauses have now become a very common phenomenon,” said a senior freight manager with a leading commodities trader. “It is to protect the safety of the crew and also the earnings of owners.”

Shipping lines active in West Africa, such as oil tanker firm Stena Weco, have written clauses into their contracts requiring charterers to nominate alternative safe discharge ports if Ebola means they cannot call at the intended port, according to a contract seen by Reuters.

Global trade house Trafigura said it also had inserted Ebola clauses, although it declined to give details.

With the Ebola outbreak — that has killed nearly 5,000 people since March, mostly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone — still evolving, companies are concerned that any disruption it does cause would not be covered by standard contracts.

“It may be unclear whether contracts as currently drafted address the rights and obligations of parties in this unique and constantly evolving situation,” said Jonathan Moss of law firm DWF.

“Parties may disagree as to whether the adverse consequences of Ebola fit within ‘force majeure’ or other provisions in contracts.” A force majeure frees a company from contractual deliveries due to actions beyond its control.

Among the stipulations in the various Ebola clauses being adopted by ship owners are requirements for firms chartering their ships to find alternative ports if there is risk to the crew, to keep protective equipment on board, pay for medical expenses that crew members may incur, as well as other unforeseen costs including possible fines and delivery delays.

“Exactly how a situation will look like if the ship is ordered to a place where the crew will be in danger is yet to be seen, but we will not take any risks to crews going there if we ever come to such a situation,” said Stena Weco’s Managing Director Erik Hanell.

POTENTIAL DISPUTES

The International Maritime Organization has urged against any general ban on international travel or trade due to Ebola.

“The movement of ships, including the handling of cargo and goods, to and from the affected areas, should continue as normal, in order to reduce the isolation and economic hardship of the affected countries,” the IMO’s Andy Winbow said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon reiterated that message on Monday, saying: “I have been urging all major international airlines and major shipping service lines to continue their normal trade and movement and transportations.”

But ports across the globe have tightened entry procedures for ships that have sailed from West Africa. Some have halted entry altogether in some instances.

Malta stopped a cargo vessel that was traveling from Guinea to Ukraine from entering its harbor for a medical emergency in September due to fears the sick person on board could have been infected with Ebola.

Last month, Mexico and Belize refused to allow the Carnival Magic cruise ship to dock, over Ebola concerns.

The restrictions have so far been limited, but that has not stopped some shipping companies altering their strategies to cut the possible risks from Ebola.

Ong Choo Kiat, president of U-Ming Marine Transport , one of Taiwan’s largest shipping companies, said it was excluding calls to countries affected by the disease.

Precious Shipping, one of Thailand’s largest dry cargo owners, states in its new charters that its ships are not to trade to Ebola infected countries, Managing Director Khalid Hashim said.

“There will be disputes aplenty should any ship get infected on board with Ebola due to calling at any country under the orders of charterers, or should a ship that has called an Ebola infected country get quarantined/delayed at a subsequent port,” Hashim said in an email to Reuters.

In a September regulatory filing, shipping group Star Bulk Carriers Corp said that if there was a risk to crews from Ebola, its vessels might not be able to call at ports in affected areas, potentially hitting its bottom line.

“These uncertainties could also adversely affect our ability to obtain additional financing on terms acceptable to us or at all,” Star Bulk said.

Oil and gas group Kosmos Energy said in a regulatory filing in October its exploration, development and production projects in West Africa could be delayed or interrupted should Ebola continue to spread, which could “significantly increase costs”. (Additonal reporting by Keith Wallis in Singapore and Fredrik Dahl in Vienna; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)

© 2014 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved.

http://gcaptain.com/shippers-work-ebola-clause-into-contracts/

29. searcher

[h=1]Government Lied About Pandemic Which Killed 50 Million People … Attempt to “Prevent Panic” Backfired[/h]

[​IMG]
    Submitted by George Washington on 11/04/2014 14:26 -0500

[​IMG]
    The mainstream American press has agreed – at the request of the government – not to report on suspected Ebola cases.
    Let’s provide some context …

The U.S. National Academies of Science noted in 2005 (starting on the bottom of p. 64):

In the United States, national and local government and public health authorities badly mishandled the [1918 "Spanish Flu"] epidemic [which killed up to 50 million people worldwide], offering a useful case study.

The context is important. Every country engaged in World War I tried to control public perception. To avoid hurting morale, even in the nonlethal first wave the press in countries fighting in the war did not mention the outbreak. (But Spain was not at war and its press wrote about it, so the pandemic became known as the Spanish flu).

The United States was no different. In 1917 California Senator Hiram Johnson made the since-famous observation that “The first casualty when war comes is truth.” The U.S. government passed a law that made it punishable by 20 years in jail to “utter, print, write or publish any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language about the government of the United States.”

One could go to jail for cursing or criticizing the government, even if what one said was true. A Congressman was jailed. Simultaneously, the government mounted a massive propaganda effort. An architect of that effort said, “Truth and falsehood are arbitrary terms…. There is nothing in experience to tell us that one is always preferable to the other…. The force of an idea lies in its inspirational value. It matters very little if it is true or false” (Vaughn, 1980).

The combination of rigid control and disregard for truth had dangerous consequences. Focusing on the shortest term, local officials almost universally told half-truths or outright lies to avoid damaging morale and the war effort. They were assisted—not challenged—by the press, which although not censored in a technical sense cooperated fully with the government’s propaganda machine.

Routinely, as influenza approached a city or town—one could watch it march from place to place—local officials initially told the public not to worry, that public health officials would prevent the disease from striking them. When influenza first appeared, officials routinely insisted at first it was only ordinary influenza, not the Spanish flu. As the epidemic exploded, officials almost daily assured the public that the worst was over.

This pattern repeated itself again and again. Chicago offers one example: Its public health commissioner said he’d do “nothing to interfere with the morale of the community…. It is our duty to keep the people from fear. Worry kills more people than the epidemic” (Robertson, 1918).

That idea—“Fear kills more than the disease”—became a mantra nationally and in city after city. As Literary Digest, one of the largest circulation periodicals in the country, advised, “Fear is our first enemy” (Van Hartesveldt, 1992).

In Philadelphia, when the public health commissioner closed all schools, houses of worship, theaters, and other public gathering places, one newspaper went so far as to say that this order was “not a public health measure” and reiterated that “there is no cause for panic or alarm.”

But as people heard these reassurances, they could see neighbors, friends, and spouses dying horrible deaths.

In Chicago, the Cook County Hospital mortality rate of all influenza admissions—not just those who developed pneumonia—was 39.8 percent (Keeton and Cusman, 1918). In Philadelphia, bodies remained uncollected in homes for days, until eventually open trucks and even horse-drawn carts were sent down city streets and people were told to bring out the dead. The bodies were stacked without coffins and buried in cemeteries in mass graves dug by steam shovels.

This horrific disconnect between reassurances and reality destroyed the credibility of those in authority. People felt they had no one to turn to, no one to rely on, no one to trust.

Ultimately society depends on trust. Without it, society began to come apart. Normally in 1918 America, when someone was ill, neighbors helped. That did not happen during the pandemic. Typically, the head of one city’s volunteer effort, frustrated after repeated pleas for help yielded nothing, turned bitter and contemptuous:

Hundreds of women who are content to sit back had delightful dreams of themselves in the roles of angels of mercy, had the unfathomable vanity to imagine that they were capable of great sacrifice. Nothing seems to rouse them now. They have been told that there are families in which every member is ill, in which the children are actually starving because there is no one to give them food. The death rate is so high and they still hold back.[SUP]3[/SUP]

That attitude persisted outside of cities as well. In rural Kentucky, the Red Cross reported “people starving to death not from lack of food but because the well were panic stricken and would not go near the sick” (An Account of the Influenza Epidemic, 1919).

As the pressure from the virus continued, an internal Red Cross report concluded, “A fear and panic of the influenza, akin to the terror of the Middle Ages regarding the Black Plague, [has] been prevalent in many parts of the country” (The Mobilization of the American National Red Cross, 1920). Similarly, Victor Vaughan, a sober scientist not given to overstatement, worried, “If the epidemic continues its mathematical rate of acceleration, civilization could easily … disappear … from the face of the earth within a matter of a few more weeks” (Collier, 1974).

Of course, the disease generated fear independent of anything officials did or did not do, but the false reassurances given by the authorities and the media systematically destroyed trust. That magnified the fear and turned it into panic and terror.

It is worth noting that this terror, at least in paralyzing form, did not seem to materialize in the few places where authorities told the truth.

One lesson is clear from this experience: In handling any crisis, it is absolutely crucial to retain credibility. Giving false reassurance is the worst thing one can do. If I may speculate, let me suggest that almost as bad as outright lying is holding information so closely that people think officials know more than they say.

Exactly.

As Reuters pointed out yesterday, there’s still a lot about Ebola that scientists don’t understand. Trying to pretend they know everything will just create more panic in the long run.

Note: The above-quoted comment was made by John M. Barry,Distinguished Visiting Scholar at the Center for Bioenvironmental Research at Tulane and Xavier Universities at a scientific workshop entitled The Threat of Pandemic Influenza: Are We Ready?

Barry’s 2004 book The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Greatest Plague in History was a New York Times Best Seller, and won the 2005 Keck Communication Award from the United States National Academies of Science for the year’s outstanding book on science or medicine. In 2005 he also won the “September 11th Award” from the Center for Biodefense and Emerging Pathogens at Brown University. Barry has served on a federal government’s Infectious Disease Board of Experts, on the advisory board of MIT’s Center for Engineering Fundamentals, and on the advisory committee at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health for its Center for Refugee and Disaster Response.

H/t: Mr_Potatohead.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...lled-50-million-people-…-attempt-“prevent-pan

30. searcher

Whatever Is Going to Happen, Is Going to Happen Soon

05 Nov, 2014
    by Dave Hodges

My email and phone have been busy taking reports from long-time associates and their uniform stories about what is coming to American in 2015. I have never seen a time when so many are all talking about the same set of issues. something big is about to happen.

A FEMA Camp Hidden In Plain View

An interesting event transpired at Mount McGregor prison in Wilton, N.Y. this past summer when a Channel 13 news crew from New York was filming a commemoration of an historic event on public land when they inadvertently were filming an abandoned prison in the background.

In the middle of the filming, an unmarked car came racing down a hill and an officer, reminiscent of Barny Fife, ran up to the news crew and threatened them with arrest and demanded they turn over their video. The officer identified himself as “Lieutenant Dorn”. The news crew refused to comply and were eventually allowed to go on their way when they refused to cower in the face of this seemingly senseless tyranny.

[video=youtube_share;bChXANbtbFY]http://youtu.be/bChXANbtbFY[/video]

http://youtu.be/bChXANbtbFY

The New York Department of Corrections released a statement that have many scratching their collective heads:

“We regret that this situation escalated, however the WNYT news crew blatantly disregarded a state officer who informed them they were trespassing. Department regulations state that photographs taken while on Prison property require prior permission. This policy is for the safety of all staff, visitors and prisoners.”

Staff? Prisoners? What staff and what prisoners would be at an abandoned prison? The answer to that question will be provided near the end of the article.

Obama Explains the Intention of FEMA Camps

Some misguided and very ignorant people will steadfastly deny the existence of any FEMA camps. Yet, there is one FEMA camp where people are held without having been charged, much less convicted of a crime. This FEMA camp prison is so ubiquitous that even the most ardent supporters of George W. Bush and President Obama cannot deny the existence of this FEMA camp where prolonged and indefinite detention, without any due process, represents the new “rule of law” in the United States. And where is this camp located?

[​IMG]

In the video below, President Obama talks about the FEMA camps and explains their purposes. “Prolonged Detention” is the term being used to justify holding people for being an “undefined” threat. You can be locked up for an indefinite period of time.

[video=youtube_share;HkSkQgnEV-Q]http://youtu.be/HkSkQgnEV-Q[/video]

http://youtu.be/HkSkQgnEV-Q

Reporting on FEMA Camps Could Be Dangerous to Your Health: Just Ask Glenn Beck

One morning, Glenn Beck announces he’s going to break the story of “FEMA Camps” and the threat they pose to Americans as we descend into becoming the land of tyranny. However, by that night, Beck does a 180 degree turnaround and denies their existence. Just who got to Beck?

[video=youtube_share;g4PyqwX-2GE]http://youtu.be/g4PyqwX-2GE[/video]

http://youtu.be/g4PyqwX-2GE

Where Is This Subterfuge Headed?

My sources tell me that the events of 2015 are going to be frightening. However, it is not just my sources, my media colleagues are being told the same by their confidential informants, as well, and the message is uniform. Things are coalescing and are quickly coming to a head. Ebola is the springboard, but not necessarily the end game.

Both Paul Martin and John Moore are stepping out in a very prominent manner and publicly revealing what their sources are saying. Yesterday, John Moore released the following:

“…Yesterday, (11/3/2014) my source was in the company of a high level (CEO level) oil executive with 50+ years experience in the oil industry. My source was a non-participant in listening to conversation between the oil executive and a third party who also has decades of experience in the oil industry.The topic of the conversation was these two men pondering why none of the US oil refineries had any inventories of crude oil in inventory to be refined into finished product.They had no answer.My source and I pondered this as well. My initial conclusion that this is an attempt to artificially create a shortage to increase prices, I have since rejected.

Upon further reflection, I now conclude that the simple answer is the correct answer: They don’t have crude oil because they won’t need crude oil. As it turns out, my source, independent of me, came to the same conclusion.

The next step in this matter is: why won’t they be refining oil? In that regard, my source hopes to have a follow-up conversation with the oil executive in the next 48 hours.

The list of possible reasons for this is short. None of them are good.

“1.) WW III
    2.) Economic collapse
    3.) The national power grid going down
    4.) Nation-wide flu epidemic or Ebola running rampant
    5.) The Ferguson MO matter spinning wildly out of control, leading to civil disorder in a number of major cities. That said, St. Louis is critical to a very large percentage of daily commercial activity in the USA.
    A.) Major rail hub North-South…East-West
    B.) Interstates I-70. I-55, I-44, I-64, US 40, US 61, US 67 all converge at St. Louis
    C) All river traffic for the Missouri and Mississippi rivers North-bound pass through St. Louis.”

In a brief 5 minute conversation, just prior to going on the air Sunday night, Paul Martin told me that Ebola is going to be released in a widespread manner and that many of the elite, with prior knowledge, are leaving the country. Two years ago, I had my own brush with these types of revelations as I had a friend retire from FEMA and move to his bug out location. My friend had told me that America was likely to witness bioterror attacks with pathogens that the “the world has never seen”.

In the past three days, broadcast colleagues, quoting their sources, are relating very similar stories. Most of these revelation center around citizen roundups and forcible “prolonged” detention in a camp in response to some crisis. Certainly, Ebola provides that backdrop as I have reported on Human Health Services “ambulance contracts” designed to transport Ebola victims and those people exposed to Ebola and transport them to a FEMA camp.

I am told that by two of my best and current sources that all options are on the table, but that I am correct in being concerned with mass detentions which they both believe to be a goal that will be a part of whatever comes.

Conclusion

George Noory, Glenn Beck and Michael Savage knows what is coming. I know people who have told them. Beck and Noory can dance on the fence that forms the line between their mainstream media positions and their pretend positions as an emerging force in the alternative media. Neither of these two can be taken seriously. Savage feels he has to be careful. He talks about some of these issues on the periphery of his show, but he has lost affiliates and he obviously feels he should be careful.

And what about the abandoned prison in New York? A couple of things come to mind. First, Lieutenant Dorn and his abrasiveness is not the story. The fact that he does not want the prison filmed even as a backdrop, speaks volumes. I have learned that the “they are making a movie there” is a cover story. The Channel 13 news crew stumbled upon a FEMA camp that is not supposed to exist.

As more facts come to light in the coming weeks, more details are going to leak out and undoubtedly, more information will leak out and a more coherent picture will be forthcoming. Meanwhile, it might be a good idea to stock up on the essentials.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/11/05/whatever-is-going-to-happen-is-going-to-happen-soon/

31. searcher

How Sneeze Particles Travel Inside An Airplane

[video=youtube_share;ZlH60lm3mz0]http://youtu.be/ZlH60lm3mz0[/video]

http://youtu.be/ZlH60lm3mz0

Published on Oct 31, 2014
    Simulation technology shows why you should sit very far behind a sick passenger. Researchers at the FAA Center of Excellence at Purdue University, created this simulation of a sneezing passenger using ANSYS to study the mechanics of pathogen travel in airplane cabins. Read more at the ANSYS Blog: http://bit.ly/1x4ibqy

32. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Cabin air is recirculated air. The packs take conditioned air and sends it through ducting in the overhead, it travels downward and outward, it is vented out near floor level at the fuselage skin into the cargo area, it is then drawn into recirc fans that have large HEPA filters, then recirculated to the overhead and gaspers, starting the same path. The best one can do is open those gasper air nozzles over your head and point them directly onto your head and face. If the recirc filters are not clogged, you will be receiving pressurized filtered air at a 5 -10 psi ( positive pressure) to breathe.

33. honu5050

nunya

any one can visit a large say football stadum n' encounter the same thing an aircraft like a bus is more confined n' so is an office whats da point ?

34. searcher

[h=1]Pandemic Implications[/h]

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/06/2014 22:09 -0500

The recent spread of Ebola has led to a tragic loss of human lives and stands to devastate West African economies. As the situation has evolved, and despite the equity market's apparent belief that it's all over, Goldman has examined the global economic and market implications of the outbreak.

It would appear Ebola is a thing of the past...

[​IMG]

But implications remain as Goldman Sachs explains,

We survey our economists and equity analysts to provide a sector-by-sector breakdown of the disease’s impacts to date and, drawing on past episodes of pandemic threats, its potential effects. We find that the economic costs of pandemics can be severe, but that the hit to growth is usually mostly limited to the region where the disease is centered.

The economic outcomes of a pandemic are often largely determined by an outbreak’s secondary effects, such as the “fear factor” and policy responses. History suggests that most impacts on stocks are typically short-lived and driven more by sentiment than by tangible effects on business activity, although this may not be the case in the mining sector.

Still, Ebola is not expected to alter the global demand and supply balance in most exposed commodities, with the possible – but still unlikely – exception of cocoa.

Breakdown of Ebola impacts to date and what we could expect

Economics: We anticipate only a small global economic impact, so long as the outbreak is contained, contagion fears do not escalate, and policy responses are commensurate with the threat to public health.

Commodities: If the outbreak spreads to Ghana and the Ivory Coast, 70% of the world’s cocoa supplies would be threatened. Nigeria is the key country for energy production, but this production is offshore.

Airlines/Aerospace: Given West Africa’s small share of global air traffic and limited interconnectivity to global routes, Ebola is unlikely to inflict a major hit on airlines unless its footprint becomes truly global.

Healthcare: Company-specific upside (orders) or downside (hospital occupancy) is possible, but historically pandemics have not had a meaningful or sustainable impact on businesses.

Lodging, Leisure, and Travel: With the lodging and cruise industries seeing supply increases emerge, the impact of Ebola will likely be secondary to broader consumer and economic conditions.

Mining: Until the Ebola outbreak in West Africa is under control, mining companies in the region will likely find it increasingly difficult to operate and execute on development plans.

Retail: Contagion fears are capable of lowering consumer demand, as happened in Hong Kong during SARS. Luxury retail in particular would suffer if air travel

[​IMG]

With the economies of Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea contributing less than 0.02% to world GDP, the global economic impact of the Ebola outbreak is expected to be very small, assuming that the outbreak is contained with appropriate response measures. In countries so far largely unaffected by the disease, limiting the economic impacts of the current outbreak will require that contagion fears do not escalate and policy responses are commensurate with the actual threat to public health.

• Pandemics can have large growth impacts; for example, the three major flu pandemics in the 20th century (in 1918, 1957 and 1968) coincided with or preceded recessions in the United States.

• The effect of recent pandemics on economic activity has depended more on the population’s reaction to a health threat than the disease’s virulence. The mortality rate in Hong Kong from SARS was far less than in a typical US flu season, but fear of contagion crushed retail sales (which dropped roughly 10% from their peak), leading to GDP growth of -12% annualized in Hong Kong in 2Q2003. The duration of the epidemic also matters – as SARS came under control, the Hong Kong economy rapidly recovered by late 2003.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-06/pandemic-implications

35. searcher

[h=1]Lassa Fever: Is This Why the World Health Organization Said There Would Be 10,000 New Cases of Ebola a Week by December?[/h]

Lizzie Bennett
    Underground Medic
    November 5th, 2014

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: right"]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [​IMG]

Ebola is not the only haemorrhagic fever that stalks West Africa. The Lassa season is about to begin. This year, like every year, around 20,000 people will succumb to the disease in the region.

The symptoms are identical to those of Ebola. Fever, vomiting and bleeding all occur. Lassa, unlike Ebola is spread by infected rats, but once it has infected people human to human transmission begins. Like Ebola patients, those suffering from Lassa need to be treated in strict isolation.

Lassa fever is spread by contact with bodily secretions of infected people as well as by inhalation of the dust from dried rat faeces. There is some evidence that supports the sporadic spread of the disease via infected rat bites.

Like Ebola, not everyone dies from Lassa. Usually, the death rate is much lower than it is with Ebola, but there have been sporadic outbreaks where the death rate has reached 70%, albeit rarely.

Every year medics and scientists struggle to contain Lassa; it’s a major focus for what health services there are in the region. This year however that focus has been taken by Ebola. Wards and medical facilities usually set aside for Lassa patients have been overwhelmed by those suffering from Ebola. Dr. Sheik Umar Khan head of the Lassa programme at Kenema Government Hospital, Sierra Leone died of Ebola in September. Six nurses and a lab technician have also been lost to the disease leaving the specialist unit direly understaffed.

This situation causes two major problems. Firstly, cases of Lassa will go untreated causing a surge in deaths from the disease. Secondly, people may assume they are suffering from Lassa because of its prevalence at this time of year, when in fact they are suffering from and spreading, Ebola.

At this point in the Ebola epidemic there is little point waiting for laboratory confirmation of the disease. The fact is that with both Lassa and Ebola showing the same symptoms, and with both diseases requiring treatment in isolation, the tipping point has arrived.
    There is no way the already overwhelmed medical facilities are going to be able to cope with the extra case load. The countries worst hit by Ebola are the same countries that suffer the worst outbreaks of Lassa Fever.

Ribavirin is used to treat Lassa, but is useless against Ebola. Giving every patient Ribavirin and waiting to see what happens is not an option. On average there are 300,000-500,000 cases of Lassa Fever every year in West Africa, all of them presenting with the same symptoms as Ebola. (source)

There is no possibility whatever that all of these people, or even half of them can be treated, let alone isolated. The toll that Lassa takes on West Africa this year remains to be seen, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if it’s worse than usual given the lack of facilities for patients.

Every coin, though, has two sides, and if Lassa patients aren’t being treated, then neither are Ebola patients. It’s inevitable that there will be confusion amongst medical staff about who has what condition.

One has to wonder if it was the pending Lassa season that made the World Health Organization suggest that the death rate ‘from Ebola’ would massively increase in the latter part of this year. They predicted up to 10,000 cases a week by December. If you add Lassa Fever cases to the current rate of Ebola cases being reported that would be about right.

With the projected number of isolation beds available in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea coming in at 4,500 by December 1st, which disease patients are suffering from is a moot point…They can’t be isolated regardless of what it is.

Nigeria, declared Ebola free just last week, is reporting an outbreak of Lassa in Oyo State. Medeciens Sans Frontieres (MSF) has already lost one doctor to Lassa according to Dr Geraldine O’Hara, an infectious diseases specialist from Huddersfield, UK.

It would be insane to think that these diseases are just Africa’s problem – it isn’t. As we saw with Thomas Duncan, it only takes one infected person to slip through the net and the chain of infection starts all over again in a new place. Luckily, this time it was contained; next time who knows?

Take Care

Liz

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/lass...december_112014#sthash.Odf3fsOY.mVoLlsEL.dpuf

36. honu5050

nunya

scare tactics.

37. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

If we can't trust the government and MSM to tell the truth about the economy, how can we expect them to tell us the truth about Ebola now or in the future if it does get worse?

38. searcher

argentos likes this.
  39. searcher

[h=1]Silver Versus Ebola: A Medical Revolution?[/h]

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Sprott Money on 11/13/2014 10:56 -0500

[​IMG]Jeff Nielson for Sprott Money

For centuries, humanity has utilized “colloidal silver” to treat disease and infection, and to prevent disease and infection. Colloidal silver is (primarily) an internal medical treatment, created by immersing particles of silver in a colloidal solution.

Before the invention of antibacterial soap, colloidal silver was used as a disinfectant. It is still commonly used to kill bacteria…In ancient times silver was used in wound dressings and it was frequently used for the same purposes in America following the Civil War. It is also why churches use silver chalices in Communion to stop disease spreading through the congregation…

[​IMG]

Even thousands of years ago, Ancient Greeks realized that the rich families who ate, drank, and stored food in silverware were much less likely to be ill than the commoners who ate from ceramics and used iron utensils. The rich people developed a slight blue tinge to their skin from years of silver ingestion, hence the term Blue Bloods was born…

With its popularity once again rising in our own societies (along with other herbal and natural tonics and remedies), not surprisingly we see “push-back” from the non-natural, chemical-pushing, pharmaceutical industry. While anti-microbial silver coatings and silver fabrics are spreading through our societies in a multitude of commercial applications – because of silver’s proven, superior anti-microbial properties – this is what we hear from the charlatans of mainstream medicine, in this case the Mayo Clinic:

Colloidal silver isn’t considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. [emphasis mine]

Note the devious nature of this smear. The Mayo Clinic itself undoubtedly uses silver-coated/silver-laced materials and/or equipment in its own facilities to utilize silver’s known properties to externally fight infection in general, and the “super-bugs” which are becoming an increasing health-care menace (in particular).

…at the 40th annual Association of Professionals for Infection Control conference in Florida earlier this month. NMI Health exhibited its suite of SilverCare Plus performance fabrics including scrub and lab coat material, patient gowns, linens, blankets, and cubicle curtains. Collectively these products account for over 90 percent of soft surfaces found in the patient environment.

However, if the Mayo Clinic charlatans (and the rest of the mainstream medicine frauds) truly wish to insist that colloidal silver “isn’t considered safe” and “has no known purpose in the body”; then why are catheters (a piece of medical equipment inserted into the body) now being coated with silver?

Furthermore, medical science fully understands exactly how and why silver is so effective in killing a wide range of microbial organisms, thus combating disease and infection:

Scientific studies have shown that pure silver quickly kills bacteria. It even kills the super-bacteria that evolve after conventional disinfecting agents kill the weak strains of bacteria. Silver acts as a catalyst and disables an enzyme that facilitates actions inside cells. It is not consumed in this process so it is available to keep working again and again. The enzyme silver destroys is required by anaerobic bacteria, viruses yeast, and molds. (Unfriendly bacteria tend to be anaerobic and friendly bacteria aerobic.) This is the action that destroys pathogens. It stops them from using the body’s own cells as vehicles for replication. Colloidal silver creates an environment that makes it impossible for pathogens to survive and multiply.

Since it is not designed to combat a specific pathogen but rather works against the very nature of their life cycles, it is an effective preventative agent against all illnesses caused by all pathogens including future mutations. There is no known disease-causing organism that can live in the presence of even minute traces of colloidal silver. [emphasis mine]

Here we see the essence of the pharmaceutical industry’s hatred of silver-based medical applications, in general, and colloidal silver in particular. The antibiotics with which the pharmaceutical industry has saturated our societies are only effective against certain types of bacteria.

Worse, because they cause resistance to develop within these bacteria, it is commonly known that antibiotics are the creators of the new/dreaded “super-bugs” – requiring yet more new drugs to battle them. Meanwhile, not only is it impossible for silver to produce any “resistance” to its own properties in bacteria or other micro-organisms (and thus create more deadly mutations), it kills the Super Bugs against which the pharmaceutical industry is increasingly ineffective.

These ultra-greedy, drug-pushers want to design (and sell) a different chemical for each/every pathogen in existence – and preferably several. But silver is effective against all of them, permanently. Furthermore, because it is a relatively natural/organic treatment, these drug-manufacturers can be bypassed completely.

They can’t make any money from colloidal silver themselves. Worse still, it eats into their ill-gotten gains by replacing the use of their own (often toxic) chemicals. And so, yet again, Big Pharma condemns what it cannot (mis)appropriate for itself.

It is with this context in mind that we can consider the recent news (hushed-up by the mainstream media) that “nano silver” (i.e. colloidal silver) is now the officially recognized treatment for the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone, one of the African nations hit hardest by this killer-disease. This is despite efforts by the WHO to prevent Sierra Leone’s victims from getting access to colloidal silver.

[​IMG]

The Hon. Alpha Kanu, Minister of Information, Republic of Sierra Leone (October 11th, 2014), in touting the impressive results of colloidal silver against Ebola:

“There is no illness that doesn’t have a cure. If you say that this illness does not get better then that’s a lie because 500 people have gotten better.”

Much has been written (in the Alternative Media) speculating on whether the African “Ebola epidemic” is truly as bad as depicted, or whether this has been exaggerated (by the mainstream media) in order to spread fear in our own populations. This skepticism has been further reinforced by the suspicious manner (to the point of absurdity) in which Ebola has ‘leaked’ (been allowed to leak?) into the United States.

[​IMG]

However, irrespective of whether the “Ebola epidemic” is (even partially) a hoax, or whether this outbreak is every bit as serious and menacing as it has been depicted by the mainstream media; if colloidal silver is now proven/demonstrated as the cure/treatment for the Ebola virus, its use and popularity will spread – like the virus itself.

Beyond the present; if colloidal silver becomes known (by the people) as a safe/reliable means to combat the most-dreaded killer-disease in the world today, it will automatically become the first remedy people reach for in any future epidemic (or hoax).

As we become increasingly aware of the perils of the pharmaceutical industry’s “vaccines” – medical treatments which our laws do not require the pharmaceutical industry to thoroughly/properly test – the expression of “the cure being worse than the disease” is evolving from a mere colloquialism to a real, medical danger. For those amongst the world’s population of 7+ billion who refuse to be “lab rats” for the pharmaceutical industry’s semi-tested vaccines; colloidal silver represents nothing short of a potential “medical revolution”.

While Big Pharma trots-out new vaccines on a nearly monthly basis, each time insisting that this isn’t a treatment which we should use, but a treatment which we must use; now people will realize they do have a choice.

We can continue to be pin-cushions for the pharmaceutical industry, allowing them to inject us with vaccine after vaccine – until one of their semi-tested “cures” kills us. Or, we can rely upon a single (relatively inexpensive) remedy/treatment which (unlike their vaccines) has been used by humanity for centuries.

Even before the current Ebola outbreak; previous commentaries have strongly suggested that silver-based anti-microbial products would continue to sweep through our societies (and consumer shelves). Now, as humanity is warned of a potential “new plague” which menaces us; the motivation for this silver-based Medical Revolution just got much, much greater.

Jeff Nielson for Sprott Money

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-13/silver-versus-ebola-medical-revolution

Malus likes this.
  40. Uncle

Uncle Gold Member Gold Chaser

What is the treatment protocol? IV, oral, topical, concentration?

Couldn't find info regarding this specific instance.

Golden Regards
    Uncle