1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

All Things Automotive (Cars, Trucks, Etc.)

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Magnum RT Hemi Engine Swap! The TimeLapse Tech
    Amesie's Automotive Corner

Published on Jun 17, 2017
    After running low on oil this Dodges 5.7 trashed a bearing so let's rip the old engine out and put a fresh one in!

2. searcher

How To Install the Best Fox Body Front Suspension
    EricTheCarGuy

Published on Jun 16, 2017
    This video shows how to install front coil overs, tubular lower control arms, and adjustable upper strut plates on a Fox Body. Combined with a tubular K member, this is a great combination for a front suspension on these cars.

Link to full version of this video: https://www.ericthecarguy.com/exclusi...

Check out this article for a full overview of this fox body suspension: http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to...

Maximum Motorsports: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Def...

3. searcher

Hot Rods In The Primo Mode
    Samuel Cernuto

4. searcher

Early Ford V8 Club Swap Meet, Fitchburg, Mass, 4-23-2017
    37spiker

Published on Apr 23, 2017

5. searcher

FRIDAY QUALIFYING RECAP FROM NHRA THUNDER VALLEY NATIONAS
    CompetitionPlusTV

Doug Kalitta is the current Top Fuel No. 1 qualifier Friday evening at the 17th annual NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals at Bristol Dragway.

Tim Wilkerson (Funny Car) and Jeg Coughlin Jr. (Pro Stock) are also provisional qualifying leaders at the 11th of 24 events on the 2017 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule.

6. searcher

7. searcher

Are Factory Car Parts Better Than Aftermarket Featuring ShopDAP
    HumbleMechanic

Published on Jun 18, 2017
    What is the difference between factory parts and aftermarket parts? Aftermarket car parts might be cheaper. Factory parts often fail. What are the best parts to buy for your car? Some times it's OEM car parts, other times it aftermarket.

8. searcher

FIELDS SET FOR NHRA THUNDER VALLEY NATIONALS
    CompetitionPlusTV

Steve Torrence claimed the No. 1 qualifying position in Top Fuel Saturday evening at the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals at Bristol Dragway.

Tim Wilkerson (Funny Car) and Jeg Coughlin Jr. (Pro Stock) were also No. 1 qualifiers in their respective categories at the 11th event of 24 on the 2017 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule.

9. searcher

The Truth About Buying New Tyres (a.k.a. Tires) | Auto Expert John Cadogan | Australia
    AutoExpertTV

Before we kick off on this: I’m in ‘Straya. We spell it with a ‘Y’, like, I dunno, everywhere on earth except Retardistan, which is also called ‘Merica. Knock yourself out in the comments feed, on this, Jethro. Say hi to Jim-Bob and Ellie-Mae. Enjoy the spit roast. And all the other hillbilly fun. There’s a whole world outside the USA. How long has that been the case.
    I’m John Cadogan, from AutoExpert.com.au - the place where Aussie new car buyers save thousands off their next new cars. Hit me up on the website for that.
    Welcome to another ‘What the FAQ’ - which oxygenates your more common questions and (I hope) equips you with the facts you need to jump these vexatious hurdles.
    There are about 12 million cars on Australian roads, which means - ballpark - 50 million tyres. And that means replacement tyres, even in a global backwater such as this, are big business. I get several recurring questions on this, which all boil down to:
    Which tyres should I buy?
    The basics are: They have to be the right size - and the right load rating. You can choose a tyre with a load rating greater than the minimum, but not less than that. That’s a detail the tyre retailer usually looks after.
    I’m kinda passionate about tyres because for five or six years I ran all the Wheels Magazine annual tyre tests. We conscripted the assistance of a lot of local tyre engineers to get the testing protocols right for those tests, and as a result, I learned a lot more than I ever thought I would about tyres.
    So the first thing you need to know is that the manufacturers of quality tyres all have a real problem: Tyres are all black and round, so the really good ones look exactly the same as the really shit ones. It’s a marketing challenge par excellence.
    If you’re a non-technical person, it can be quite hard to believe a good tyre that looks exactly the same as a shit tyre, but costs maybe $100 bucks more is actually that much better. But - trust me on this - it is.
    There are a great many urban myths on various tyre brands - like some are allegedly quieter. Some are allegedly better at grip in the wet - whatever.
    Having stood on the side of the track, set up the timing beams, briefed the race driver, consulted with the expert engineers, I can tell you those brand-based myths are bullshit.
    The number one thing to remember when you’re buying replacement tyres is that all the known, quality brands: Pirelli, Dunlop, Goodyear, Bridgestone, Continental, Toyo, Michelin, Yokohama - et cetera - you know the ones I mean - all those quality brands perform about the same as each other, for a particular size and category of tyre.
    Obviously a Pirelli on a Porsche is very likely to out-perform a Yokohama on a Yaris. We’re talking apples-for-apples here.
    I’d include Hankook and Kumho on that ‘quality brands’ list, too - they are definitely up there, at least they are today. And I say this on the basis of trackside measurements - testing - that I actually conducted. There’s no doubt. And FYI - I have no commercial affiliation with any tyre manufacturer.
    The number two thing is: Don’t ask for brand-type advice at the retail coal face. Retailers are incentivised by different manufacturers - so there are different agendas at play. The retailer invariable recommends the tyre that’s right for him, commercially, not necessarily you.
    I’d get three different quotes on three different quality brands, over the phone, and go with the cheapest one. It really is that simple. But asking brand advice from a tyre retailer is like walking into a Mazda dealer and asking him if Toyota is any good. It’s not a place where unbiased advice is forthcoming.

10. searcher

Quick Tip - Dealing with Stuck Manual Transmission Synchro Rings
    GearBoxVideo

Many new manual transmissions are shipped today with a common problem of stuck synchro rings. Paul Cangialosi explains the cause and fix for this issue.

11. searcher

1953 Cunningham C3 - Jay Leno's Garage
    Jay Leno's Garage

After 18 months of intense restoration, Jay and team unveil his 1953 Cunningham C3 that is one of only 25 of these cars that were ever produced.
    » Subscribe: http://bit.ly/JLGSubscribe
    » Visit the Official Site: http://bit.ly/JLGOfficialSite

THE BEST OF JAY LENO'S GARAGE
    » Exclusive First Looks: http://bit.ly/JLGExclusives
    » Ultra Rare Supercars: http://bit.ly/JLGSupercars
    » Jay's Book Club: http://bit.ly/JLGBookClub

JAY LENO'S GARAGE ON SOCIAL
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/JayLenosGarage
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/LenosGarage
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/jaylenosgarage/

ABOUT JAY LENO'S GARAGE
    A new video every Sunday! Visit Jay Leno's Garage, the Emmy-winning series where Jay Leno gives car reviews, motorcycle reviews, compares cars, and shares his passion and expertise on anything that rolls, explodes, and makes noise. Classic cars, restomods, super cars like the McLaren P1, sports cars like Porsche 918 Spyder and Camaro Z28, cafe racers, vintage cars, and much, much more.

12. searcher

2003 Rover 75: Regular Car Reviews
    RegularCars

Published on Jun 19, 2017
    We drive a 2003 Rover 75 in The U.K. It feels like a smaller American-ish car but with better handling. I was chuffed. Is that the right word? Chuffed.

13. searcher

Mighty Car Mods Meet - Canberra 2017
    Mighty Car Mods

We head south for the first MCM fan meet in Canberra! Thanks to everyone who came out - was great to meet you all and looking forward to the next one!

14. searcher

15. searcher

16. searcher

Stop Worrying about How Many Hours the Tech Next to you Turns!
    Flatrate Master

17. searcher

Cameraman Brian Visits the Shop and Shows Off His BooBoo
    ETCG1

I haven’t worked with cameraman Brian in some time. After Brian’s mom passed away, he had a bunch of other work that kept him from filming with me. He also suffered a serious injury to his left arm. All of this conspired to keep him out of pocket for the past 3 months.

I’m still working on my own for now, but it was nice of Brian to stop by and check out all the changes to the shop.

In a way, this is something of a shop update as well as a Fairmont update. I hope you enjoy it!

Link To Extended Version of this video: https://www.ericthecarguy.com/exclusi...

Intro music by Eric Cook "ETCG1 Intro".

Thanks for watching!

18. searcher

2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country: The Wagon Is Back - With an Off-Road Twist! - Ignition Ep. 174
    Motor Trend Channel

On this episode of Ignition presented by Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com), Randy Pobst puts the all-new Volvo V90 Cross Country through its paces both on the road and off it. Starting at the infamous DirtFish Rally School, Pobst pushes the V90 CC to the limit through dirt, gravel, and mud to find out just how capable this new wagon really is. Featuring a turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder engine, the Cross Country puts out 316 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque and sends it to the ground through an eight-speed transmission. Not afraid to show his love for wagons, Pobst maintains Volvo is having to dress up its best-looking wagon ever like an SUV in order to sell it in America. With its additional ride height and rugged-looking body cladding, is the Cross Country just a cynical marketing exercise, or is it a fresh new take on the wagon format? Watch and find out!

19. searcher

LA Roadsters Show 2017 - Specialty Car Drive-Ins Part 1
    USAutos98

I made it out to the 53rd Annual LA Roadsters Show at the Fairplex in Pomona, California. The show has been held at the Fairplex for more than 35 years, and has grown significantly over the years. Although this particular event highlights roadsters, any classic car owner can bring their own ride and park it in the specialty car section. Every year there are always interesting and unusual rides that I have never seen before!

See individual pictures here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/usautos...

Highlights:
    1:09 - Coby Gewertz's Ford Econoline (Church Equipped)
    2:52 - 1940 Ford Australian Ute Pickup Truck
    2:58 - 1937 Ford Flatbed Truck
    4:52 - Group of traditional hot rods
    7:08 - 1933 Plymouth
    7:19 - Traditional hot rod
    7:53 - 1950 Mercury Lead Sled
    8:02 - Ford Roadster
    8:26 - Throttle Kings 1940 Chevrolet Lead Sled
    8:54 - Ford F-1 Traditional Hot Rod, 1958 Ford Fairlane, 1949 Hudson Lead Sled
    9:19 - 1932 Ford 2-Door Sedan traditional hot rod
    9:54 - Throttle Kings Car Club
    11:11 - 1931 Ford Model A traditional hot rod
    11:29 - MG Gasser
    11:54 - 1947 Chevrolet COE
    12:04 - 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible
    12:16 - Lords Riverside Car Club's Chevrolet Pickup Truck
    13:18 - Chopped Ford Model A Panel Truck
    13:42 - Ford Model A traditional hot rod

20. searcher

LA Roadsters Show 2017 - Specialty Car Drive-Ins & Highlights Part 2
    USAutos98

Even more footage of the specialty cars at the 53rd Annual LA Roadsters Show driving into the Fairplex in Pomona, California, as well as a few walk arounds of some of my favorite rides.

See individual pictures here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/usautos...

Highlights
    0:18 - Ford Model A Gasser
    0:26 - 1962 Ford Thunderbird Traditional Kustom
    0:57 - Group of roadsters
    1:41 - Ford F-250 Pickup Truck with Moon Discs
    2:27 - Pro Street Chevrolet Nova
    3:10 - 1950 Mercury Lead Sled Traditional Kustom
    3:20 - 1954 Chevrolet Lead Sled
    3:28 - George Tantardini's 1953 GMC Pickup Truck
    4:13 - 1933 Ford Roadster
    5:20 - 1932 Ford Roadster
    6:17 - Hot Rod Bob's Chevrolet Pickup Truck
    7:49 - 1955 Chevrolet 210 Gasser
    8:53 - 1960 Oldsmobile Traditional Kustom

Walk Arounds
    9:02 - 1941 Willys Pro Street walk around
    10:00 - Australian Ford Hot Rod
    10:37 - Duo of traditional hot rods
    11:45 - 1941 Willys Gasser (Selling for $85,000)
    12:38 - Gene Winfield's Reactor
    13:18 - CVC Customs Chevrolet Flatbed Truck
    13:58 - 1938 Chevrolet Truck
    14:36 - Ford Model T Roadster
    15:02 - 1949 Hudson Lead Sled & Ford F-1 Pickup Truck
    15:50 - Mercoholics' Mercury cars
    16:39 - Chopped Ford F-5 towing a 1963 Ford Falcon Gasser
    16:44 - Immortals Car Club

21. searcher

So-Cal Speed Shop Open House 2017
    USAutos98

We went out to the industrial area of Pomona, California to visit the 21st Annual So-Cal Speed Shop Open House. The Speed Shop was founded by Alex Xydias in 1946, and continues to have a strong influence in the hot rodding culture. The show serves as one of the many preview shows for the Los Angeles Roadster Show at the Fairplex in Pomona the following weekend. This year's open house was amazing, a lot more roadsters than last year, along with a few traditional hot rods and lead sleds. Throughout the day we saw some great rides drive in, leave, or just pass by to check out what the open house had in store. We also got a quick peek at what the So-Cal Speed Shop is up to inside the garages. Afterwards we drove along with some hot rod owners to the Walden Speed Shop Open House, also in Pomona. Click here to see footage from the Walden Speed Shop Open House - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IyvO...

See individual pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/usautos...

22. searcher

Walden Speed Shop Open House 2017
    USAutos98

The second pre-LA Roadsters show that we went to was the Walden Speed Shop Open House, also in Pomona, California. The Walden Speed Shop is conveniently located 3 minutes from the So-Cal Speed Shop, so many of the show cars drove over to experience both shows. Due to a parking dilemma that we had to deal with at the So-Cal Speed Shop, we did not get as much footage of the roadsters and hot rods arriving at Walden Speed Shop. We still did manage to get some driving, along with a look inside the Speed Shop. This show has grown compared to last year, but it's good to see people brave the summer heat to see some hot rods! Thanks to the organizers of the Walden Speed Shop for giving out free ice cream and water!

See individual pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/usautos...

23. searcher

LA Roadster Show 2017 ALL CLIPS
    PrimerPodcast

Disappointing turn out this year but there was some cool stuff out there at Pomona, Calif. No music or any real editing.

24. searcher

Custom Trucks - Fathers Day Car Show - Oxnard, CA
    Samuel Cernuto

25. searcher

Custom Cars - Fathers Day Car Show - Oxnard, CA
    Samuel Cernuto

26. searcher

Street Rods & Muscle Cars - Fathers Day Car Show - Oxnard, CA
    Samuel Cernuto

27. searcher

LA Roadsters Show 2017 - The Roadsters
    USAutos98

The LA Roadsters show wouldn't be complete without, of course, the roadsters! Every year about 1,000 or more roadsters line the buildings around the Fairplex in Pomona, California. A lot of out of state roadsters, including some from Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Minnesota, and even Vermont! Here you'll see most of the LA Roadsters display, along with some other cars indoors.

Highlights:
    0:20 - Roy Brizio Street Rods roadster display
    0:36 - 1933 Willys Roadster
    2:20 - Eagle Rock Trompers Car Club
    6:18 - Ford Model T Track Roadster
    7:12 - Indoor roadsters display
    8:12 - 1936 Ford Roadster
    12:00 - Pagano Rod & Custom display
    12:29 - 1957 Ford Fairlane Traditional Kustom
    12:57 - 1933 Ford "Renaissance Roadster", 2017 Detroit Autorama Ridler Award Winner
    13:33 - Hollywood Hot Rods 1936 Packard, 2017 America's Most Beautiful Roadster at the Grand National Roadster Show
    14:14 - 1903 Cadillac and Speedster
    15:32 - 1925 Chevrolet
    19:38 - Ford Pickup Truck Roadster
    20:32 - The Great Race Roadster
    20:51 - Rick Dore's "Shangri-La"
    21:42 - 1930 Ford
    23:15 - 1927 Ford Model T "Double Trouble"

28. searcher

7th Annual San Marino Motor Classic (2017) - The Show
    USAutos98

Published on Jun 13, 2017
    An overview of most of the cars that were displayed at the 7th Annual San Marino Motor Classic at Lacy Park in San Marino, California. A fantastic turnout and some of the rarest cars we have ever seen. There's a good reason the San Marino Motor Classic is known as Pebble Beach South!

See some of the cars driving into the show grounds here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAJb...
    See individual pictures here (all pictures, over 400 total, will be uploaded when I have time): https://www.flickr.com/photos/usautos...

The video is split into the following classes/show highlights:
    2:12 - Volkswagen Beetles
    2:21 - Preston Tucker's 1948 Tucker 48
    2:47 - American Big Block Muscle Cars
    3:02 - 1936 Packard "Mulholland Speedster" (2017 America's Most Beautiful Roadster at the 2017 Grand National Roadster Show), and other hot rods
    3:48 - 1938 Chevrolet Truck
    4:28 - Ferraris
    4:41 - Jaguars
    5:11 - 1923 Ford T-Bucket with Mathon V-16 engine
    5:54 - Brass era vehicles
    6:44 - Fire Trucks
    7:03 - Woodies
    7:46 - Bob Hanselman's 1938 MG SA Tickford Drop Head Coupe demonstration
    9:59 - American Austin/Bantams
    11:27 - CCCA Full Classics

29. searcher

THIS is the NEW Ferrari 812 Superfast
    Shmee150

Published on Jun 20, 2017
    This is the new Ferrari 812 Superfast, and everything you want to know about it! From a full in-depth walkaround to hot laps at Fiorano and driving on the countryside roads. It's the best super-GT money can buy, take a watch to see all about it.

Kicking off at the legendary Fiorano test track in Maranello, Italy, let's take a look around Ferrari's new 800hp/718Nm beast, retaining the naturally aspirate V12, now up to 6.5 litres. First is an exploration of the car, seeing the ins and outs, and how the aerodynamics play on it. Then it's a short drive around the roads of Maranello to see what it's like in that environment before returning to the track to be shown how it's down by Ferrari test driver, Raffaele De Simone. A hot lap including full pace, sideways moments, and so much excitement you couldn't imagine before I'm put in the driver's seat to have a go myself. Then it's out on the roads to explore the local countryside and imagine what the 812 Superfast would be like to use in its natural habitat.

There is no question this car is truly spectacular, in fact it creates a beautiful blend of the excitement of the F12tdf, with the compliancy of the F12berlinetta - enjoy the video!

Thanks for watching, Tim

30. searcher

Bentley's 6-20-2017
    37spiker

Nice crowd at Bentley's weekly cruise night.

31. searcher

The Car Show Las Vegas Father's Day Weekend
    Rodder Files

32. searcher

Heavy Haul TV: Episode #548 - 60,000 LB ScoopTram
    Sergei Dratchev

33. searcher

My Classic Car Season 21 Episode 25 - 8 Flags Car Show
    MyClassicCarTV

Published on Jun 21, 2017
    2:16 - 1961 Pontiac Bonneville Bubbletop
    4:40 - 1972 Volkswagen Type 147 "Fridolin"
    7:35 - 1932 Ford Roadster with Boss 547 by Jon Kasse
    10:10 - 1973 Hurst Olds
    12:47 - 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe

Dennis travels to Fernandina Beach, FL for the 8 Flags Car Show.

Website - http://www.myclassiccar.com
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/myclassiccar
    Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/myclassiccar
    Google+ - https://plus.google.com/1035165928644...

34. searcher

1992 Jaguar XJ-6 Sovereign - Fix To Sell - Flip'n Cars #2
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jun 22, 2017
    This is a video of a 1992 jaguar xj6 sovereign that we bought to fix and sell. Take a look at it now, and follow us as we repair this car, and get it ready to be sold.

35. searcher

THESE are the Most Expensive Ferraris in the World!
    Shmee150

Ferrari have created some exceptionally special cars over the years and the new-look museum is home to some of the rarest and most valuable you can find! From the 250 GTO, 250 Le Mans, 750 Monza and many more classics to race winning Formula 1 cars across the generations. Then on top of that, we also have the LaFerrari Aperta, LaFerrari, Enzo, F50 and F40. What's your favourite Ferrari ever?

Thanks for watching, Tim

36. searcher

$10 Million Hypercars Turn Up in Monaco!!!
    Supercars of London

Published on Jun 21, 2017
    Can I survive in Monaco by myself? When $10 Million worth of hypercar turn up then I think it's EASY! Remember to keep using the #MichelinSOL tag!! I also forgot to finish the video! It was a late edit..Sorry guys!

37. searcher

Southeast Gassers Association 2017 Knoxville Dragstrip part2
    ScottieDTV

Published on Jun 23, 2017
    This is part two of a two part series I shot at the Southeast Gassers Association event June 10,2017 at the Knoxville Dragstrip I was able to get some up close and personal footage from round one of qualifying...This is the first time I had attended a Southeast Gassers Association event..WOW!...What a good time...If you want to see the largest gathering of period correct....4-speed...wheel standing...gear jamming...clutch shifting...drag racing....first to the finish line wins drag race!..Than you have to get out to one of their events.....Make sure you subscribe to this Channel and Visit www.ScottieDTV.com For new cool content weekly!!!

38. searcher

Does the Ferrari 812 Superfast NEED 800 Horsepower?
    Shmee150

Supercars are fast by definition, but is there a point at which they are too fast? The new Ferrari 812 Superfast has 800 horsepower, but when does that number just become too much or have we already reached that point; join me for a Fuel For Thought driving the new super-GT to have a think about it.

Thanks for watching, Tim

39. searcher

Q&A: Do I Even Need My McLaren Anymore?
    Seen Through Glass

Subscribe to STG: http://bitly.com/SubToSTG

I had a lot of time to kill on a 5 hour drive from Geneva to Monaco, so I thought I would answer some of your travel related questions.

40. searcher

1991 Ferrari Testarossa - One Take
    TheSmokingTire

DASHLINK by AutoMeter is the all-in one, wireless OBDII Solution for your car! It's a gauge pod, a diagnostic tool, performance meter, data logger, and lap timer all in one!
    Check it out here for IOS:
    http://www.autometer.com/dashlink-obd...

Check it out here for Android:
    http://www.autometer.com/dashlink-obd...

This 1991 Ferrari Testarossa is an incredibly clean, yet well-used example with medium mileage. In stunning Rosso Corsa over tan, the Testarossa was one of the most iconic cars of the 1980's and 90's. Powered by a 4.9L, 390 horsepower flat-12 engine, with dual overhead cams and a dry sump oil system, the Testarossa went underappreciated for a decade until recently. In this video, Matt discovers what a delight a well-sorted TR is to drive today.