1. Metals choppy this am with downward pressure, while stocks are mixed
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thu Morning! Gold is down 4.3 to 1244 while Silver is flat at 1673. Crude is up 46 to 4520. The USD is down 5 to 9568
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO UNDERSTAND SYRIA GAS ATTACK

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Vlad The Impaler, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Nobody. I was just answering the question @Vlad The Impaler asked that seemed to imply Assad is a saint. I think everyone knows he ain't that.

2. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Lindsey Graham was happy about the bombing. When a fake Christian republican pedaphile is happy about something that means it was wrong.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    TAEZZAR, Joe King and stoli like this.
  3. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

There are way too many people doing too many different things on little old planet Earth. What's it going g to take to get people to chill out?

4. Joe King

The next ice age should do the trick. Got 20k+ years to wait?

5. hammerhead

That will chill all right. Maybe global warming will make it come sooner.

6. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ooo! OOoo! I know! I know! Paxil for EVERYONE! They're working hard on it already!

ctrl-z and TAEZZAR like this.
  7. hammerhead

A couple of nukes volleyed may get peoples attention.

8. Joe King

Well, at least then everyone would know that they real.

ctrl-z likes this.
  9. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Ok, last 'stir shit up' post of the day. I promise, cadre Scorpio

China Says Trump Has Small Missile Strikes (hahahahahahaha, a little missile envy?)
    [​IMG]

"Donald Trump wanted so badly to impress his Chinese guests at Mar-a-Lago that he served up a $100 million illegal cruise missile strike for dinner." http://russia-insider.com/en/china-xi-syria-trump/ri19497

I so wish I didn't have to post this crap.

Now I think I know how Putin feels.

Geeeez Donald. Your act just doesn't work with the Globalist Bully Show.

michael59 likes this.
  10. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    yeah but all he had till he was elected was a security force...now he has an acting killing force...and this is how he uses it? I am ashamed that the deal maker seems to have come with strings already attached.

This guy don't know how to rock and roll because he has never partied till he fell down....just a daddies boy who was wound up and sent off. just say'n that it appears that way.

11. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Come on now, let's just get it done, it's not like we haven't been down this road so many times before.

12. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    ^^^ One sneeze and POOF!

Truth Bomb Dropped Live On BBC By British Ambassador Goes Viral

April 10, 2017 Baxter Dmitry News, UK 59

[​IMG]

Former British Ambassador to Syria, Peter Ford, refused to go along with the BBC propaganda on Syria and dropped a truth bomb live on air yesterday.

Fed up with the state sponsored propaganda from the very start, Peter Ford dispensed with niceties and disagreed on every level possible with the very first question put to him by the BBC host.

Referring to claims that Assad is responsible for the chemical attack in Syria, the BBC host said, “That’s a statement of fact, right?”

Wrong.

It’s a myth,” Ford said, his voice thick with disgust for mainstream media idiocy and lies.

“It’s a statement of non-fact,” he continued, immediately rocking the host back on his heels.

What’s needed is an investigation, because there are two possibilities for what happened. One is the American version, that Assad dropped chemical weapons on this locality. The other version is that an ordinary bomb was dropped and it hit a munitions dump where jihadis were storing chemical weapons. We don’t know which of these two possibilities is the correct one.

“Remember the run up to Iraq. The experts, the intelligence agencies, the politicians were convinced that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. They produced reams of evidence, photographs, diagrams. They were all wrong. It was all wrong. It’s possible that they are wrong in this instance as well. That they are just looking for a pretext to attack Syria.”

That was more truth than the BBC usually broadcasts in a week. Aware the truth quotient was way too high for his superiors’ liking, the BBC host went into damage control mode, and started reading from the same script CNN and MSNBC hosts use whenever a guest dares to go against the deep state approved narrative.

That’s right, the desperate mainstream media host accused Peter Ford, the former British Ambassador to Syria, of being a Russian operative.

But Ford was ready for that weak jab. Resembling a quiet, gentle man who has suffered one indignity too many, the former Ambassador launched into his counterattack like a man with nothing left to lose.

I don’t leave my brains at the door when I examine a situation analytically. I try to be objective,” Fordham said. “And based on previous experience, including Iraq, we can see that we cannot take at face value what the so-called intelligence experts tell us when they have an agenda.

“Trump has just given the jihadis a thousand reasons to stage fake flag operations, seeing how successful and easy it is, with a gullible media, to provoke and lead the West into intemperate reactions.

If this interview was taking place on CNN, the satellite feed would have mysteriously dropped out by now and executives would be entering Peter Ford’s name in the ‘Never appearing on CNN again’ spreadsheet. But BBC haven’t learnt that trick yet, so viewers got to watch Ford rail against the phonies for a few more precious minutes.

“They [the rebels – Al-Qaeda and ISIS] will very likely stage an operation similar to what they did – and this was documented by the United Nations in August last year – they mounted a chlorine gas attack on civilians and tried to make it look like a regime operation.”

“It will happen and we will get all the warmongers coming to tell us that Assad is defying us and we most go in more heavily into Syria.”

By this point the BBC host realized he was dealing with a man who was hell bent on speaking the truth, and he could not and would not be bullied into silence with ridiculous accusations. He decided to give Ford the respect he should have had from the start of the interview.

With your expertise – it’s worth saying, you are a former Ambassador to Syria – with your knowledge of Bashar al-Assad and his regime in that country, what do you think his reaction to this will be?”​

Ford said: “Assad may be cruel, brutal… but he’s not mad. It defies belief that he would bring this all on his head for no military advantage, the site that was hit had no military significance, it made absolutely no sense. It angered the Russians. For no other reason, it’s simply not plausible.”

“We will all pay the consequences. The oil price will spike. There will very likely be more use, not less use, of chemical weapons, as a result of this. And, this is also important, the Russians and the Syrians will give less co-operation in the fight against ISIS.”
    http://yournewswire.com/truth-bomb-bbc-british-ambassador/

andial, Mujahideen, TAEZZAR and 4 others like this.
  13. michael59

20 years logging
    The above is very intriguing....

14. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Gold Member Gold Chaser

Please list the crimes of this Assad guy. SO far I've seen ZERO wrong doing. The UN says he committed War Crimes? Each war crime they accuse him of that has a U.S. example counter part is void.

Mujahideen, Howdy and TAEZZAR like this.
  15. Joe King

I can't personally tell you of anything, but again, the nation was under emergency rule for nearly 50 years. To know what exactly happened during those years would require one to have seen it themselves.
    All I do know is that if you're treating your citizens in a fair and equitable manner, you don't need emergency rule. You need emergency rule if you don't want to have to treat everyone fairly.

It's the reason why any nation declares a state of national emergency. Ie: because the ones running said gov want to do shit that would otherwise be illegal.
    ...and that goes equally for all govs, including our own. FDR wanted to violate the Constitution and declared an emergency to do so. It (supposedly) allowed what would have previously been illegal.

So I ask you, why did Syria need 50 years of emergency rule? What were they doing that they would have otherwise not been able to legally do? It has to be something, otherwise, why the emergency?

I will say that I find it a bit odd that the emergency supposedly ended the year the shit hit the fan. You'd think that would be grounds for actually having a state of emergency.

Like I said, I don't know what went on there for those 50 years. Do you have a list of said war crimes they accuse him (or his father) of?
    ...and keep in mind that I really don't agree with what's happened. I like the approach of friends and trade with any/all nations, entangling alliances with none.

16. michael59

20 years logging
    fair and equitable manner? Do you get treated that way here OR are you just accustomed to getting raped?

17. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Assad is protecting Christians and fighting Isis, we should be helping him, not helping al Qaeda.

18. hammerhead

We tried to give the ME our democracy. (I still get a scared feeling when I picture Mrs. Bill Clinton voicing the word democracy) They don't want it. The only way to keep a country in any order over there is to rule with an iron fist. Muslims may hate us but they hate different muslims even more.

Someone_else likes this.
  19. Mujahideen

How do you explain the coupes directed by the CIA that overthrew Muslim democracies?

Someone_else likes this.
  20. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

deen what you say is correct if it doesn't sink in to the people of this country's heads than I say feck it I'm done going over the basics.

Oldmansmith likes this.
  21. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    We only want democracies that agree with us. If they don't agree with us, them they are overthrown based on bullshit reasons.

22. Joe King

Hey now, no fair pointing out who threw the first punch in the fight. lol

I acknowledged that fact in my post. Ie: using "emergency" as an excuse allows all manner of acts that would have previously been illegal.
    ...and wherever that should happen, it tends to mean somebody ain't being treated right.

23. hammerhead

Forgive my ignorance, Muj but I am not aware of muslim democracies and would be happy to be taught of such a thing. How did the Arab Spring come about? Wasn't that the work of one of our agencies?

24. Mujahideen

Sure.

That only covers "democratically elected leaders". The USA has had a hand in nearly every dictatorship in the ME.

Howdy, Someone_else and hammerhead like this.
  25. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Indentured Wage Slave
    Fluoridated water does the trick.

26. Aurumag

Indentured Wage Slave
    Central banks and petro-FRNs

27. Aurumag

Indentured Wage Slave
    If I am not mistaken, the U.S. has been under "emergency" martial rule since the War of Northern Aggression ended and ushered in 14th Amendment slavery for all.

Mujahideen and Someone_else like this.
  28. hammerhead

This is a small planet we live on. I have no answers to stopping all the hostilities. I can only hope that this is coming to a head and soon there will be a quiet period. No more games.

29. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

The ruling class only wants democracies that agree with them. If they don't agree with the ruling class, then they are overthrown based on bullshit reasons. What was that about "we"?

Aurumag and Someone_else like this.
  30. michael59

20 years logging
    NO, they want to amend what sovereign nationals put to paper, as long as it goes with what they master-bait about.

31. Vlad The Impaler

I think he is far more saint then Devil. A country with multi religions and ethnic groups living within it is not suited for any government but a strong Central Government. You have to have that to keep people from killing each other.

Someone_else likes this.
  32. Joe King

Yea, I tend to agree. Same reason there wasn't a lot of in-fighting between ethnic groups in Iraq under Saddam. They could all agree to hate him more than they hated each other.
    ...and just because I say Assad is no saint doesn't mean I think he should be removed from power, but I've also no doubt that he's violated peoples Rights in maintaining power. Which is why I responded at all to your question asking, "what did Assad ever do wrong?" (I'm paraphrasing here)

You seemed to imply he was squeaky clean and had been running a stellar example of a fair and just government prior to '11

My opinion is that the People of Syria should be left to sort out their own internal issues. Same as we'd want other nations to do when it comes our internal affairs.

33. michael59

20 years logging
    well king of Joe i'll just quote this:
    what is good for the goose is good for the gander ... and is that what 9-11 was about? Oppsie... cats are out of the bag. Now in my defense, remember we sent the ruuskies a message to bail cuz we were going to bomb the aireo-pourt.... and was not some of the people in the towers sent the same kind of message; like not show UP.

yeah it is all coming together but no one is supposed to notice.

34. Garyw

Garyw Silver Member Silver Miner

tired and retired
    And if you are over 50 years old you can remember Our government told us how bad the KGB was. They probably learned all their tricks from infiltrating the CIA.

Howdy likes this.
  35. michael59

20 years logging
    NAW, no way...
    :couple:

they are just brothers of the same mother....dif dads of course....I remember when they were the big bad boogie man and come to find out the boogie man was in my house already-shame on me for being stuuupid.

as of this moment I don't know who to do :give finger: this too because 'if it walks like duck, quaks like a duck, gets shot out of the sky for being a duck then why the f is it not the same duck that is on the other side of the world?' only thing i can come up with is different fathers.

remember "maternity is for sure but paternity is always in question."

Aurumag likes this.
  36. Vlad The Impaler

He was a dentist before he was tasked for power. Something he really did not want nor was he groomed for it. I think he's probably as good a guy as can be expected.

37. Joe King

I know about his history, and yes, he is in a tough spot over there that I do not envy him of. (even prior to '11)

I also think that every nation ought to leave every other nation alone. Personally speaking, I have no great issue with Assad being in power. I was merely pointing out that he's had to do, or have done, things that violated someones Rights at some point. All govs do when in emergency rule. Sometimes when not, also.

38. Mujahideen

I believe he is an eye doctor, not dentist.

Joe King likes this.
  39. Joe King

Muj is on the ball!

Yea, he went to school to be an ophthalmologist.

40. Aurumag

Indentured Wage Slave
    He's an MD and not a JD, so that counts in his favor, IMO.