1. Metals choppy this am with downward pressure, while stocks are mixed
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thu Morning! Gold is down 4.3 to 1244 while Silver is flat at 1673. Crude is up 46 to 4520. The USD is down 5 to 9568
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO UNDERSTAND SYRIA GAS ATTACK

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Vlad The Impaler, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

mispillion and Bigjon like this.
  2. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
  3. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    MIT expert claims latest chemical weapons attack in Syria was staged
    Theodore Postol of MIT says there is no concrete evidence linking Assad to the attack.

Syrian foreign minister denies the use of chemical weapons Reuters
    A leading weapons academic has claimed that the Khan Sheikhoun nerve agent attack in Syria was staged, raising questions about who was responsible.

Theodore Postol, a professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), issued a series of three reports in response to the White House's finding that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad perpetrated the attack on 4 April.

Iran, China and Bolivia call for independent probe into Syrian chemical weapon attack.
    He concluded that the US government's report does not provide any "concrete" evidence that Assad was responsible, adding it was more likely that the attack was perpetrated by players on the ground
    Postol said: "I have reviewed the [White House's] document carefully, and I believe it can be shown, without doubt, that the document does not provide any evidence whatsoever that the US government has concrete knowledge that the government of Syria was the source of the chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun, Syria at roughly 6am to 7am on 4 April, 2017.

"In fact, a main piece of evidence that is cited in the document point to an attack that was executed by individuals on the ground, not from an aircraft, on the morning of 4 April.

"This conclusion is based on an assumption made by the White House when it cited the source of the sarin release and the photographs of that source. My own assessment is that the source was very likely tampered with or staged, so no serious conclusion could be made from the photographs cited by the White House."

The image Postol refers to is that of a crater containing a shell inside, which is said to have contained the sarin gas.

His analysis of the shell suggests that it could not have been dropped from an airplane as the damage of the casing is inconsistent from an aerial explosion. Instead, Postol said it was more likely that an explosive charge was laid upon the shell containing sarin, before being detonated.
    [​IMG]
    An image from the suspected crater of a chemical weapons attack in Khan Sheikhoun, Syria.Social media

"The explosive acted on the pipe as a blunt crushing mallet," Postol said. "It drove the pipe into the ground while at the same time creating the crater.

"Since the pipe was filled with sarin, which is an incompressible fluid, as the pipe was flattened, the sarin acted on the walls and ends of the pipe causing a crack along the length of the pipe and also the failure of the cap on the back end."

The implication of Postol's analysis is that it was carried out by anti-government insurgents as Khan Sheikhoun is in militant-controlled territory of Syria.

Postol, formerly a scientific advisor at the Department of Defense (DoD), has previously outlined similar inconsistencies with US intelligence reports. Following the 2013 chemical weapons attack in eastern Ghouta, Postol again said the evidence did not suggest Assad was responsible – a finding that was later corroborated by the United Nations.

In his latest reports, Postol hit out at what he says is a "politicisation" of intelligence findings.

Postol said: "No competent analyst would miss the fact that the alleged sarin canister was forcefully crushed from above, rather than exploded by a munition within it.

"All of these highly amateurish mistakes indicate that this White House report, like the earlier Obama White House Report [from Ghouta in 2013], was not properly vetted by the intelligence community as claimed.

"I have worked with the intelligence community in the past, and I have grave concerns about the politicisation of intelligence that seems to be occurring with more frequency in recent times – but I know that the intelligence community has highly capable analysts in it.

"And if those analysts were properly consulted about the claims in the White House document they would have not approved the document going forward."

Read Postol's reports in full:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mit-expert-claims-latest-chemical-weapons-attack-syria-was-staged-1617267?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss-related&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news

andial and michael59 like this.
  4. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Remember when the Soviet Union collapsed and America had that discussion about the "peace dividend"? Yeah, neither do I. It was mentioned. Soon both parties never heard of such a thing and the ONLY "reasonable course" was outlined by an insta-group called the Project for a New American Century. The folks who put this together, the ones who were members of the insta-group, were the "new conservatives" otherwise known as the "neo-conservatives" or for short "neo-cons". They were/are Trotskyites. Conservatives who were libtards in disguise. Yes boys and girls, they are "con"men of today. They have the not so unique ability to look you in the eye and lie with a straight face and simultaneously smile in your face while reaching around and stabbing you in the back at the same time. Truly talented sociopaths and psychopaths.

Anyway, these new conmen, same as the old conmen, had w-i-d-e support across both parties (see:MIC + war). They still do. They wish to contain Russia AND exact a revenge AND make Russia a vassal state of the SUPREME WORLD EMPIRE of the US. Yes, according to the song everybody wants to rule the world but these conmen are actively and assiduously working toward that end. Think Clinton over the world....makes me feel warm all under. Better go check my drawers...

So this is why US is not making nice with Russia via Syria and libtards are playing "the Russia card" hard and often. Gotta stick to the script.

Did I mention controlling ME oil as part of the PNAC/neocon asshat plan? Well, it is. Yes, they are sucking up to Israel. Israel has oil too but, too much competition and no assured market yet. Of course, the US could/would be a big help with these matters.

No. Neocons are NOT the top dogs. They have masters to serve too, ya know. But the neocons tend to be the top political and economic "movers and shakers" Seems Trump was brought to heel rather quickly.

andial and Someone_else like this.