1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

ANOTHER "GUN SAFETY INSTRUCTOR" SHOOTS BYSTANDER !!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TAEZZAR, May 8, 2017.

1. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Looks like I don't have a monopoly on asshole gun safety instructors !!!

Bystander Shot By Firearms Instructor

[​IMG]

A stark reminder to always follow basic gun safety rules. While giving a demonstration, a firearms instructor raised his handgun, pointed it towards a door and pulled the trigger. The bullet passed through the door and hit someone on the other side.

By following a couple of simple rules this could have been avoided:

Treat every gun as if it loaded.

Be sure of the target and what is beyond it.

Firearms instructor accidentally shoots person at Livonia range.

“It is just carelessness,” said Rick Ector, firearms expert.

A local firearms instructor has become an object lesson of what not to do with a gun after accidentally shooting the man. It happened at the Firearm Exchange gun range in Livonia Saturday afternoon.

Police say the instructor from Lifechoice LLC was teaching a CPL class when he unholstered his gun during a demonstration, pointed it at the door and pulled the trigger.

He was unaware that his gun was loaded.

“It’s one of those errors that when it happens, things can go bad, can go south very

quickly,” said Ector.

As with everything else, the main two groups of people who have accidents are: the inexperienced, and people who have decades of experience.

The inexperienced do not know any better.

The experienced become relaxed and sometimes take reckless shortcuts.

This is not just with firearms, but with any tool. Sometimes carpenters will use saws in an unsafe manner, “It is ok, I have been doing this for a long time.” That reckless behavior is when people get hurt.

Source: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/05/04/bystander-shot-firearms-instructor/

2. Crockett

Crockett Seeker

In the past I held all of the NRA instructor certifications you could get, and taught hunter safety for the state.

Though I never made such a mistake during any classes or on the range, I will have to admit that I come close a couple of times at home. I would have sworn on the good book that those guns were unloaded, but by simply following the rule that all guns are loaded kept me from having a negligent discharge.

Now if they would have actually happened, I would have had embarrassing holes in either the roof or floor because I was still following the important rule of pointing the gun in a safe direction.

TAEZZAR, Uglytruth and Someone_else like this.
  3. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    I have only dry fired one time in Texas and I only did that because the dealer wanted me to check out the trigger pull, which was phenomenal.

searcher likes this.
  4. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Classic.

searcher, TAEZZAR, andial and 4 others like this.
  5. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    EE balms world havent seen them words in a long time.

yep a watch me b stuuupid vid. Nothing against ebalmer but stuuupid is as stuuupid does.

searcher and Mujahideen like this.
  6. Crockett

Crockett Seeker

Just looked at the range location. I have been to that range. It was some time ago but as I remember it was a busy place.

I believe Lifechoice LLC held the required shooting portion necessary to get a Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL) at this range. Their website goes to the white screen of death. There is no faster way of putting yourself out of business than a negligent discharge.

In the fall there was a negligent discharge at one of the gun shows by a long time dealer. He has a lifetime ban at that particular gun show as a dealer and visitor.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    TAEZZAR, gringott and Someone_else like this.
  7. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    Maybe Apple can add a "Are you sure you want to fire a live round now?" message box to the next generation of iGun... you know its coming! Smart guns... LOL!

searcher and TAEZZAR like this.
  8. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    I have always been afraid of those who treat firearms lightly. Meaning carelessly. I didn't tolerate it in the Army from myself or others. Was in the back of a deuce and a half loaded with soldiers at night time when a SAW gunner put his weapon down on the mussel using the bi-pod, thing went off into the steel plate bed, tore a hole through it and several surrounding soldiers got fragment wounds. A fire team in another company came back from patrol, went to an upstairs room where they were bedding down, SAW gunner plopped his weapon down on the floor, it fired into a ruck with grenades in it. Caused an explosion. Not sure about the casualties. Shit happens. Treat every weapon as if it is loaded and ready to fire. Respect the weapon yourself and others.

searcher and TAEZZAR like this.
  9. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Guns are smart enough, we need a smarter trigger finger ! LOLOLOL

Zed, searcher and gringott like this.
  10. ToBeSelfEvident

ToBeSelfEvident Gold Member Gold Chaser

Give me the dumbest gun available. This is why I carry a SAO or DAO revolver.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  11. TAEZZAR

Hmmmm, I think all guns matter !! Because they are all of the same intellect. LOL

Zed, gringott and searcher like this.
  12. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

TAEZZAR likes this.