1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever bought/sold from Chaim Greenberg? May need legal help.

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by chief, Dec 6, 2012.

1. danny dddd

danny dddd New Member

as i said i had no problem with chaim /

i hope chief gets this resolved

bufoon do you know chief, i dont know chaim

2. WhyKnow

WhyKnow Thnk Tank Gold Chaser

Might want to let your deacon know there is a concern with chaim. I know Chief from this and a few other forums. He didn't just register here and contributes good information.
    Glad you got your coins.

chief likes this.
  3. rodzm

rodzm Gold Member Gold Chaser

Medic
    Clever I was just thinking the same thing, but something tells me this danny guy is really indeed Chaim or someone who works for him. Too coincidental for someone to pop up unexpectedly like he did and with a signup date of 4 January 2013.

4. Solo

Solo Midas Member Midas Member

I'm not going to say Chaim Greenberg has committed fraud, ripped anybody off, or runs his business unethically, but I too have dealt with Chief and I believe his side of the story 100%. I would have no qualms in lending Chief a few bucks or sending him coins before receiving payment. He's good people :cool:

As for Mr. Chaim Greenberg, anyone considering making a purchase should google his name immediately. You'll see multiple links on the very first page of the google search relating to his business practices. Is Chaim Greenberg a fraud, rip-off artist, or a scammer? That's for you to decide...

chief likes this.
  5. NOOB

NOOB Seeker Seeker

Chaim Greenberg----- Sorry about your getting ripped off but sending anything of value to a Chaim Greenberg in nyc just begs to be the butt of a bad joke.

Mujahideen likes this.
  6. Solo

Solo Midas Member Midas Member

Also according to a poster on the PCGS forums, Chaim Greenberg would not provide a list of coins he was selling as "it had not worked out" when he had done so in the past :wub:. Folks, I'm not saying Chaim Greenberg is a scammer, huckster, fraudster, intending to deceive or mislead, but folks should spend some time googling and make up their own mind. He's certainly the only coin dealer I have ever heard of who won't provide a listing of coins for sale upon request :eek:...

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=859639

**************************************************************************************

FWIW, I'm sure Chief will be along shortly to tell us he either received the money or the coins. Otherwise the new "mystery" poster with such an interest in Chaim Greenberg would not be asking for an update in this thread.

@Chaim Greenberg, err I mean, Danny dddd: Welcome to GIM2 :15_1_70v:

Silver Buck likes this.
  7. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    Nice catch by someone about 'Danny' and the 1/4 sign up date.

Here's 'Danny's' first(?) post (coincidentally in this thread?):

Is this some sort of damage control? Is 'Danny' some sort of poser?

Then we get this ('Danny's' 2nd post?):

Why the sudden deep interest?

Stepping back a bit and looking at this 'as presented':

Danny, you got timely service because you bought coins, not sold coins.

I for one would not patronize Chaim's business no matter how sweet the deal would be. I do not knowingly purchase stolen merchandise and with the evidence presented to me Chaim does just that, sell stolen merchandise (at the very least, Chief's).

The Interbuttz is a very skeptical place to hang around in. I've seen posers on other boards. One such poser not only posed as a military guy, but faked his own death. The account had been active for over 4 years and had many folks fooled.

You cannot get away with lying to the Internet. Sooner or later (usually much sooner) you will be found out.

8. oldgaranddad

oldgaranddad Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

This is a little late advice but whenever you deal with any numismatic items, buying or selling, always look for the American Numismatic Association (ANA) logo and the Professional Numismatist Guild (PNG) in the dealer's advertisement. PNG is very selective on who can join and has requirements relating to age, net worth, and numismatic experience and criminal background.

Silver Buck likes this.
  9. samwiii

samwiii Gold Member Gold Chaser

How can you provide an accurate list of coins for sale when you're not sure what coins you're going to receive from your victims, er, customers, to sell? @danny ddd, I sure hope you're able to help Chaim realize the error of his ways and help get Chief's transaction straightened out.

10. chief

chief Seeker Seeker

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. No, I still have not received payment yet. I'm not worried though. It took the guy 6 weeks just to get back to me for an offer. I contacted my lawyer at the end of last week and he is going to contact him this week and let him know if I don't get payment by a certain date, I will see his ass in court. I have no problem going to New York (never been there) to take this guy to court and listen to the charges that are gonna be brought against him. Either way, if I don't get my money, I will have satisfaction seeing this asshole go to jail.

Silver Buck, gringott and Gcubed like this.
  11. chief

chief Seeker Seeker

I just wanted to give everyone an update. Last week I wrote a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. Today, I got an email back from them that he had responded to the complaint. He stated he has sent me my check and I should receive it Monday, February 4. We shall see. In the meantime, my lawyer sent him one more notice to send payment. That time expired last week and my lawyer has since contacted his 2 friends that work as USPS Postal Inspectors.

I will let everyone know if/when I receive my check.

andial, WhyKnow and hernancortes like this.
  12. chief

chief Seeker Seeker

FINAL UPDATE 2/4/2013

Alright everyone. After 4 and a half months of dealing with this guy I received my check today. Except one thing, it wasn't for the whole amount we agreed upon!! He sent me a check for $4,100 and we agreed on $4,800! Also, there was a letter enclosed that reads this: "Bob, we are in the midst of a possible bankruptcy filing. Enclosed is $4,100. This is all that is available. Thank You. Chaim David Greenberg."

Can you believe this?! Also, on the check under the memo portion and on the back of the check was a stamp that says "zero balance due".

I immediately contacted my lawyer and he said he was afraid of something like this. I asked him what my options were. He told me we could reject the check and send it back to him. However, if he is filing for bankruptcy, it could take years and may only get pennies on the dollar. My lawyer suggested taking the money and leave it. My lawyer did say if the check bounces, then we can go after him. I went to the bank, they checked his account, the signature on the check and everything checked out so I know the check won't bounce. So, I took the money and deposited it.

My previous post stated I received a response from him via the Better Business Bureau. There is an option to either accept or reject his response. Obviously, I rejected it and stated on there this guy is a fraud and that he still owes me $700. Probably won't help me but at least he will have a complaint against him just in case someone wants to review him.

Can you believe this jerkoff? I know exactly what he's doing. He's hoping that I take his check for less than what we agreed and cash it. Knowing that I won't come after him for $700. This guy is a complete scam artist. I love that he said he was possibly filing for bankruptcy. I know he's not and he knows that too.

I hope this thread serves as a good warning to anyone starting out or to veterans in the precious metal hobby. From now on, I am only gonna sell to my local coin shop, craigslist or reputable members of this forum. I'm not even gonna sell on eBay anymore.

I want to thank everyone here who has supported me during this unfortunate circumstance. For all you newbies starting out, listen to what a lot of these 'veterans' have to say here on GIM2, you will gain a whole lot of knowledge and meet great people along the way as you venture into this great hobby of coin collecting.

13. Usc96

Usc96 Gold Member Gold Chaser

Sorry to hear he beat you with his BS games, but given the hit to his reputation amongst all who have read this, I'd say he won the battle, but he lost the war.

14. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I agree with your lawyer, cash the check, lick your wounds. But is there any way you can still harass him?

15. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Absolute scum bag, glad you got something back. I'd frog march him to an ATM with a taser pressed against his nuts for the rest. Make sure he takes half out at 11:59, then the rest after midnight. :cool1:

16. wiper

wiper Seeker Seeker

teacher
    take out an ad in his local newspaper?

this sucks. i hate scammers with a passion, sorry that this happened.

17. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Post a link to this thread on every board you can find? :hmmmm2:

and be sure to let him know which boards...

18. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    chief, seems to me this is old hat to that guy.

You cash the check, you agree to the lower price.

He never lied, "we are in the midst of a possible bankruptcy filing" - meaningless.

Small claims court would be great, but he counts on it being too little for you to travel there to go to court, or to sue over - small amount in the grand scheme of things.

I would bet this is how he does business every day. And if he does have to show up in court, he's some old bend over pathetic Jew appearing before a Jewish Judge in his own town and you are some thug outsider trying to beat him down.

Chaim Greenberg? Scum of the earth.

Mujahideen, Ragnarok and chief like this.
  19. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ill fly to NY give that old bastard the beatin of a lifetime for 350. Pm me if interested:D

NOOB, PEIpotato, chief and 1 other person like this.
  20. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    from his website

Paid transportation is available to our headquarters or we are able to come to you when necessary. Call for details.

i'd send that son of a bitch all over the eastern seaboard

WhyKnow likes this.
  21. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

FWIW: This isn't going to help you, but if you list him on ripoff report you may help someone else from being ripped off. Just a thought.

[h=3]Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, …[/h]

www.ripoffreport.comOfficial site
    Want justice!? Report any scam, fraud, complaint or review on any type of company, individual, service or product here. The Ripoff

chief likes this.
  22. chief

chief Seeker Seeker

Hey, I had a thought. If anyone wants to email this guy and let him know you saw this thread on this forum and let him know what you think of him, it would make me feel so good.

lumpOgold and andial like this.
  23. 97guns

RETIRED
    it wouldn't bother him the least, the guy already knows he's a Piece Of Silver

24. 97guns

RETIRED
    have him come on a house call for an ass whoopin

25. hernancortes

hernancortes Gold Member Gold Chaser

I would post your experiece with 'ol Chaim on the PCGS us coin forum. There are tons of dealers and even more collectors over there.

searcher, andial, WhyKnow and 2 others like this.
  26. Strawboss

Strawboss Intergalactic Silver Guru Gold Chaser

IT Consulting
    Now thats a low blow - dissin' silver like that.

27. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

I will make it a point to "bad mouth" him at the local coin clubs and to write to magazines that host his ads saying he NOT a good person to deal with.:thumbs_down:

chief likes this.
  28. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

On a car and car parts forum I belong to more then a few times a poster has tried to rip off a fellow member and it is outed immediately. I say yes post your problem with this guy on coin forums where he is a member.

chief and searcher like this.
  29. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

I am glad Chief got most of his money out of this ugly situation. I warned people about this con-artist last year when I first saw his ads.

30. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

every time i read this thread title i laugh

why chaim? was that fine pm dealer madoff, blankfein, and chertoff sold out?

next time go with rumsfeld wolfowitz -- that's where beck buys his stuff

31. chief

chief Seeker Seeker

Hey, I'm glad my unfortunate experience gets you to laugh...jerk

32. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

I have been a certified coin dealer for quite a few years.

For top dollar with modern coins, you could try Modern Coin Mart or Apmex out of OK City; their buy prices are posted online.

Greenberg still has his laughable ads for buying and selling online: http://chaimgreenberg.com/ http://chaimgreenberg.com/selllist.html

The guy is apparently a congenital liar. I was the source for both the Cointalk OP and other forums.

latemetal and Goldhedge like this.
  33. EO 11110

lighten up francis

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  34. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Silver Member Silver Miner

Bump, lest we forget.

(Seems to be lots missing here.)

35. Dude

Dude Midas Member Midas Member

You got jewed.

Mujahideen likes this.
  36. ros4144

ros4144 New Member

Chaim Greenberg's ads I believe are now no longer allowed in any of the coin newspapers or magazines.
    Appears there is both other customer complaints plus he does not pay his advertising bills.

Rcpb2000, LarsonLarsen and andial like this.
  37. ros4144

ros4144 New Member

One more thing, Mr Greenberg lists himself as a member of the American Numismatic Assoc.
    They will look into complaints and their website is money.org

38. roadgold

roadgold Seeker Seeker

[video=youtube_share;C-okDJA5CVw]http://youtu.be/C-okDJA5CVw[/video]
    well you might try this

39. EO 11110

40. ramsbe

ramsbe New Member

Everone that has complaint against Chaim Greenberg needs to also file Rip Off Report at Ripoffreport.com - Ramsbe