1. Stocks continue up, all is aok. Metals flat to weaker.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tues Morning! Gold is down 0.8 to 1260 while Silver is down 5 to 1714. Crude is down 49 to 5064. The USD is down 10 to 9677.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Apmex Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Mar 30, 2010.

?

How do you rate this dealer?

1. * One Star

19 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. ** Two Star

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. *** Three Star

21 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. **** Four Star

63 vote(s)
    24.7%
  5. ***** Five Star

145 vote(s)
    56.9%
  1. AgAuGal

AgAuGal Founding Member Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Recent purchase whet as expected, no problems ordering online, paid by check so understood there is a 5-10 wait but APMEX sent purchase after 5 business days. Received order in good condition, packaged well. No complaints. I would have liked to order by CC (I have in the past) but the premium is too high in addition to the S&H so I only purchase with personal check now (probably would order more if the CC premium were less so I guess that serves as a financial governor for me).

2. iamwayne

iamwayne New Member

I ordered from APMEX after mostly positive feedback but should of listened to my instinct and gone to a LCS. I ordered a mint tube roll of ASE from APMEX and it was lost during delivery. I know it's not APMEX fault for a lost package.

Experience with customer service was ok. First week was ask neighbors and file a report with the post office. Second week was APMEX filing a report. Third week was APMEX said USPS said the package was delivered but not scanned/no signature. WTF to USPS?

Now the customer service department said she has to talk to upper management.

Ordered Jan 25.... Still nothing... First time ordering online from a pm dealer, damn.

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Used Up and Retired Out
    e

From their site:

How is my order shipped?
    American Precious Metals Exchange orders are shipped Registered/Insured U.S. Mail, UPS & Federal Express. Each package is fully insured and may require a signature upon delivery. Packages can take on average 1-10 business days for delivery. The tracking number will be provided via email to you upon date of shipment.

Is my package insured while in transit?

American Precious Metals Exchange fully insures all of its shipments. Should anything happen while your package is in transit to you it will be covered by our insurance policy. However, we will not accept responsibility if you have left instructions with any carriers or delivery service to leave parcels un-attended for you without the need for a signature. Or, you have given them instructions to leave your package with someone else such as a building manager, neighbor, drop-off location such as Mail Boxes etc. The UPS Store, etc. When we ship to you, if metals are lost or damaged in transit, it is our responsibility to pursue any claim with the insurance company. If we determine the package is lost or damaged, we file a claim. We reserve the right to re-ship your items or refund your money at our discretion.

-----------------------------------------

IF it was sent by USPS, Registered Mail is about as secure a shipping service as one can get. It is tracked and signed for by every person that touches the package along the way. It shouldn't be too hard to find out what happened........

IF it was lost, there would be few that I would rather have an issue with than APMEX.

By the way, WELCOME to GIM and seeing this is your first post, FYI APMEX is the site sponsor. You are right, most here have pretty good luck with them, other than pricing and their cost of shipping.

4. vichris

vichris Seeker Seeker

currently work as an enegy plant operator.
    Poor pricing....not the best shipping prices....good service.....good reliability......good website....great advertising and email alerts. Gave them a 3

I may use them in the future again, but not until checking prices/availability/shipping from other sources first.

5. iamwayne

iamwayne New Member

APMEX delivered, great customer service through email. USPS on the other hand, no so great. Would recommend shipping carrier change but even UPS or FEDEX has problems too...

6. ME Co.

ME Co. Silver Member Silver Miner

Glad you finally got your metal. I had a shipment get lost a couple years ago- not APMEX fault but USPS is fvcked up. Tracking showed it arrived at my PO but never left. I was pretty close to getting arrested when I went looking for answers, suffice it to say they would not let ME in the back to look for it or have a talk with the guy that scanned it in. I did learn that they don't scan every registered item like they say- they scan a sample of a bulk of packages and just assume they all made it- that didn't put ME at ease either. Think my metal and refund came about 6 weeks later. HH all, Mark

plata_oro likes this.
  7. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

the old lady gets pissed off every time an apmex box shows up :eek_ma:

are those the people that don't send us popcorn anymore :508:

imo, their selection is top notch :thumbs_up:

8. plata_oro

plata_oro Seeker Seeker

IT / Product Manager
    I always thought USPS registered was super secure and tracking info was of the record for security reasons. I should have figured they cut corners like rest of them. The sh!tty thing is it takes longer to get your package when shipped registered. I guess in the end it's all the same as long as you get what the metals you paid for.

9. Zcamaro

Zcamaro New Member

Classic Car Appraiser
    I only do business with APMEX.

I buy and sell with them on a regular basis and I'm always treated fairly on both sides (buy/sell).

They ship your products as soon as they recieve your payment and they always provide me with tracking information.

If you want to buy coins online I would only recomend APMEX! :cool:

I have had many negative experiences with 3 other online dealers. :(

10. Piggybank

Piggybank Seeker Seeker

Sometimes
    Maybe issues caused by your CC institution, I've made atleast six with Apmex using only CC's and NEVER an issue. By far the easiest website I've dealt with other than JMBullion.

Irons likes this.
  11. enthusiast

enthusiast New Member

I have done three transactions with APMEX and all three have been positive experiences.

12. APMEX

APMEX New Member Mother Lode

All, we have launched a new and improved version of our website this evening with many great new features. Please take a moment and check it out. www.APMEX.com If you have comments, please leave them on the feedback button to the right of the website. Thanks!

Scott Thomas

Ahillock likes this.
  13. jogslvr

jogslvr Gold Miser Gold Chaser

My Apple iMac running Safari is not liking the new site for some reason. The home page loads and then goes blank. Tried refreshing and had same results.

14. APMEX

Thank you for the feedback. I will have our team look into this and come back to you...

15. TomD

TomD It blowed up, y'all Platinum Bling

construction, engineering
    Something similar on my Firefox, your page (the old and the new) continuously reloads, about every 2-3 seconds, never quits. I talked to one of your reps but she said that I was the only person to say that. My workaround is that I always use Chrome with no problems on your site.

Maybe we can keep the tornadoes away from you long enough for me to receive my latest order.

16. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

The same thing happens when I go to APMEX on my iPad. Your homepage shows up for a few seconds and then my screen goes white.

17. APMEX

Can you tell me your specific browser version and OS Version? That will help us better troubleshoot the issue...

18. APMEX

Can you tell me which version you are using and what OS version you are on?

19. TomD

TomD It blowed up, y'all Platinum Bling

construction, engineering
    Firefox V21.0 & Win 7 w/all updates

20. jogslvr

Mac OS X Version 10.4.11

21. APMEX

Could you Please try to reset safari? To do that, follow these steps listed below:
    Choose Safari > Reset Safari.
    Only check "Remove all cookies" and "Empty the Cache."
    Click Reset.

-APMEX IT Team
    (On behalf of Scott Thomas)

jogslvr likes this.
  22. jogslvr

Thanks, that worked.

23. Mike

Mike Silver Member Silver Miner

Hi, I still can't update or delete my cart.

24. APMEX

Mr Paradise, thank you for the feedback.

Please try to clearing your cookies and cache on your Ipad. If this doesn't work, you may want to check and see if you are current with your updates, which should resolve the issue. Please let us know if you run into anymore problems, thanks!

-APMEX IT Team

25. APMEX

Hi Mike,

Sorry you're having issues. What browser and operating system are you using? What happens when you try updating?

Thanks,

-APMEX IT Team

26. jogslvr

Wup! I spoke too soon. Your site has reverted back to the original problem - Loads home page and then immediately goes white. I don't think I should have to reset Safari every time I want to go to Apmex site.

27. Mike

Mike Silver Member Silver Miner

Hi, I'm running explorer...it has started working now :D. I just checked when I noticed your post. Now we need a GOOD Sale...;), Regards, Mike

28. APMEX

Very glad to hear this Mike and thank you for letting us know!

-APMEX IT Team

29. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

APMEX IT Team

I tried the advice above ^ cookies, cache, but my screen on my ipad still goes white after a couple of seconds of hitting your homepage. Don't have a problem with your sight with my laptop.

Anymore advice for an old man who's not too tech savvy?

30. KnurledNut

KnurledNut Seeker Seeker

I ordered ASE's twice from APMEX, through eBay on a daily deal. Shipping and receipt was 4 days. The packaging was damned near bomb proof. 5 stars from me.

31. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

Made a purchase of two fairly expensive items from them. Box was triple layered with foam and plastic but then the two items were together in one inner box banging together which nicked up the pieces. Sooo retarded. :realmad:

Positives: web site was great, easy to use and shipped uber fast.

Negative: the above basically washed all that out.

32. RxGold74

RxGold74 Seeker Seeker

Pharmacist
    I placed my first order with Apmex at the beginning of this week. It was a small order of mostly Air-Tites but I did pick up a roll of '64 Kennedy halves. I placed my order Monday and paid by credit card. My order arrived Thursday and was packaged well. Good first experience with Apmex. I will not hesitate to order from them again although I plan to pay by personal check next time.

33. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I don't always buy precious metals on the internet, but when I do, I prefer APMEX.

klyj.jpg

Stay thirsty my friends.

34. iamwayne

iamwayne New Member

I have scratched APMEX from my list. Never will deal with APMEX again.

I ordered some west point silver eagles. The coins that arrived were not quality. Spots, dent on rim, etc... I didn't get my mail till after hours Friday and it was too late to call APMEX live. I called and press 1 to leave a message for the sales department. I contacted the live support after I called online at apmex.com but found out it wasn't live afterwards I press enter. I called Saturday after I realize I contacted the sales department on Friday instead of customer service which is option 3.

On Monday morning no one called back so I called spoke to Kasey. She listen to my reasons on the quality being subpar and not even close to raw quality and helped me process a RMA. I figured I might as well get my money back and go to a local coin store to purchase it where I can visually inspect the coins.

Problem started today. I received an email saying my coins were received and a return is being processed except for 2 coins which I will receive a refund...

I called APMEX and a guy picked up and was pretty cool but my buddy from Afghanistan called and I had to hang up. I called back and Tiffany picked up. Try to figure out what is going on. She found out my package was about to be shipped. I would of had to wait for it in the mail, call APMEX and request a new RMA and send it back to get my refund. Someone was smart enough to pull it before it was shipped.

So 4 different contacts with APMEX for a RMA and somehow it was process as a RETURN instead of a REFUND. APMEX return = replacement. The word RETURN and REFUND is very specific. When I was trying to figure this out, Tiffany actually whispered "very difficult" to her co-woker and I heard it. APMEX has lost all my respect from prior business and I would never recommend them ever again.

I always though when people say that dealers cherry pick the coins to send to TPG and sell the rest that don't make were making it up... Now I wonder myself since over 10 raw coins I got, all of them had problems.

35. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Gee you don't seem very lucky. That's now APMEX and Silvertowne you've scratched. Those two companies I've had nothing but great service from.

36. specsaregood

specsaregood Silver Member Silver Miner

Hey APmex,

When somebody clicks the "close" button on the popup "you want to chat with some fool" window, you should set a cookie so that window NEVER pops up again unless somebody manually clicks the "live chat" image/link in the header. Personally, I hate those types of popups, if I wanted to talk to somebody I can click the damn link myself. It feels almost like an invasion of privacy, like somebody popping up on your computer screen, saying, "Oh Hai, I see you looking at all my precious. I'm going to invade your space and make you pay attention to me." But I understand why you have it. Just make it so it never shows up again automatically once somebody closes it the first time.

37. specsaregood

specsaregood Silver Member Silver Miner

Other than the above complaint/nitpick, I can't complain much. Ordered online and delivered 2000miles away in 52hours flat.

38. Cignus

Cignus New Member

There are two reasons why I will never again order from APMEX:

-On the most recent order, they lost my cheque. I have never had a cheque go missing in the mail. As a result, I am out $34 from cancelling it.

-They shipped a $950 order with only $50 insurance despite charging $20 for shipping (more than enough to insure it for $1k). Had my order gone missing, I would have had no recourse as a result of their parsimonious nonsense.

Dishonourable mention - that loud-mouthed twat they have working the customer service desk is better suited to working a brothel in Canton.

39. Tinbox

Tinbox YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR! Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I strongly suspect that they have private insurance that is considerably cheaper than USPS insurance. The $50 is automatic for any shipment which is why it had $50 rather than $0.

40. Cignus

Cignus New Member

I saw no evidence of this, nor was I advised of any private insurance, so that is idle speculation at best.