1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Apmex Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Mar 30, 2010.

?

How do you rate this dealer?

1. * One Star

19 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. ** Two Star

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. *** Three Star

21 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. **** Four Star

63 vote(s)
    24.7%
  5. ***** Five Star

145 vote(s)
    56.9%
  1. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Ordered 2 rolls of 2014 Britannias and the new lunar series horse on Thursday nite, arrived today, paid by cc. A OK transaction

2. southfork

Havent sold to them online but in looking they mention the buy back prices are only for large quantities.

3. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Received my order from APMEX yesterday and another smooth stress free transaction. I ordered from JM Bullion and APMEX on 5/28, same product, same payment (will review JM Bullion in their thread when I receive order). Received payment confirmation from APMEX 2 days after I mailed the check, the order shipped on 6/8 and I received the order on 6/11.

What was especially pleasant about the order was I received San Fransisco mint SAE's and paid the premium on what I thought were going to be West Point mint SAE's (SF mint SAE's are .50 cents more on the website). Great company to do business with. Their buyback prices make the premium less than a dollar each between the buy and sell (on larger quantity's).

4. southfork

Upon inspecton of the lunar horse roll, all the coins were out of array, meaning heads, tails ect, also two coins with milk spots, it was apparent this roll was searched by them for high ms coins. It would appear unless you buy a mint sealed roll they have already been submitted for grading and you are getting low grade coins.

5. HaroldS

HaroldS Seeker Seeker

What condition were they listed for sale?

6. southfork

Listed as bu coins.
    ====================================
    Quote Originally Posted by southfork View Post

Upon inspecton of the lunar horse roll, all the coins were out of array, meaning heads, tails ect, also two coins with milk spots, it was apparent this roll was searched by them for high ms coins. It would appear unless you buy a mint sealed roll they have already been submitted for grading and you are getting low grade coins.
    What condition were they listed for sale?

7. AlwaysWrite

AlwaysWrite New Member

Novelist
    Was just planning an order since APMEX had free shipping. Loaded up a few things in cart, and saw 2013 Silver Maples listed as "$2.99 over spot, any quantity." I added some to my cart (wanted to buy a few for my son, born in 2013), but they didn't show up at the promised price. I opened a chat session, and the rep said that listing was in error, and thanked me for pointing out their error. But they refused to honor the price. So I didn't complete the order, left a bad taste in my mouth.

You'd think they could knock a few bucks off and honor the price they advertised. Pretty disappointed, not inclined to send any more business their way.

southfork and Ragnarok like this.
  8. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Do you mean before you actually place the order or after? Imho it is NOT a good thing AT ALL if they keep track after the sale of what you have in an online record that can be hacked or otherwise compromised.

R.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  9. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

APMEX recently intituted a new policy for their best customers, never any shipping charge AND if you order 1 of something you get the same price as if you ordered 10 or more. This discount price policy is true as you progress up the order chain.

apmex.jpg

I realize they don't sponsor us anymore but what the heck.

10. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    i rec'd a MB from apmex last week and was short a round, they reviewed the video and found the error, sending
    out a replacement round and i got a $20 gift certificate just now through email

11. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

So why is APMEX banned?

12. 97guns

RETIRED
    just went through my apmex acct and deleted my purchase history, took a while, 4 pages long.

im sure big brother still knows how much i have

13. 97guns

RETIRED
    WOW, Apmex hooked me up LARGE

i took delivery on a MB last week and it was short 1 round, i counted it 2x and weighed every roll to verify.
    shot them an email, they reviewed the tapes and found the "human error", told me they would send out the 1 missing round.

today i get the replacement and its a pretty heavy box, while opening it up im thinking to myself i dont have an order this
    big coming in, open it up and theres 23 rounds in it, a roll + 3 loose. the invoice is for my MB and is hand written "sending 1x23"

they also apologized with a $20 gift certificate on my next buy

either:

1) they made a mistake
    2) they really like me (im platinum)
    or
    3) someone went full retard and is handing out free metal

14. farscott

farscott Silver Member Silver Miner

Ordered 1-ozt silver Libertads on Monday, 28-JUL, when the free shipping promo was running while the Libertads were $2.99 over spot. Mailed the check, they acknowledged receipt of the check on Saturday, 02-AUG, check cleared my bank on Monday, 04-AUG, and got an email saying coins are scheduled to ship on Saturday (which is weird), 09-AUG. Cannot complain as Libertads are essentially unobtainium locally.

Debating ordering some of the 2014 SAE at $2.25 over spot as my local guy is double that premium.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  15. gold4278

gold4278 Silver Member Silver Miner

Yes, the Libertads are pre-orders that are available August 8 last I checked and that is why they held your order I think.

16. farscott

farscott Silver Member Silver Miner

I knew about the pre-order status; the weird part is the shipping on Saturday. I expected the coins would ship on Monday, 11-AUG, or later.

17. APMEXdeals

APMEXdeals Midas Member Midas Member

It was a concerted effort to get the coins out immediately after they became available. We take our estimated ship dates seriously for customers who trust us with their funds in pre-sale situations.

18. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

I request sealed MB when ordering such - no possibility of an error unless it is US Treasury, and then I wouldn't find out for who knows how long. Sealed MB's sell for more, especially with very high metal prices. In 2011, 2003's were 5.99 over spot to Apmex.

19. Goldteam

Goldteam Seeker Seeker

How much longer is your 2.25 on silver eagles going to be good for?

20. 97guns

RETIRED
    [​IMG]

<===Foolsgold and Krag like this.
  21. APMEXdeals

APMEXdeals Midas Member Midas Member

That I can't say on this forum. I can say that its an impressive sight to see all of those monster boxes in the vault at one time.

22. 97guns

RETIRED
    i got a ups tracking number today from apmex but i didnt order anything, wonder if theyre sending out christmas gifts, anyone else?

its a 3 pounder

23. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

Popcorn tin

24. Usury

Just got my pamp gold bar from the ebay sale. It's nice, as advertised, delivered quick and great price. Thanks Apmex.

25. plata_oro

plata_oro Seeker Seeker

IT / Product Manager
    Anybody out there pay via bank wire? I am curious to know because if I have account with the same bank I could save some$$.

26. stAGgering

stAGgering Silver Miner Seeker

Ordered some 2015 Koalas and Maples for holidaze and B-day gifts for underlings.

Me thinks the Koalas have whiplash... shipping was warp speed; and free.

Looked @ all viable dealers, as favorite did not have gifts, Apmex won.

While looking, noticed most dealers have very limited selection.

27. CrimsonGuardJay

CrimsonGuardJay Silver Member Silver Miner

Hey guys, apmex has tubes of Silver Eagles for spot plus 2.49 on the bay. Cant beat that price.... especially not with a credit card.

28. Smokeymike

Smokeymike New Member

Comparing prices, this dealer seems way out of line with their competitors when you get to the totals.

29. 97guns

RETIRED
    I'm having a potential problem with an order from these guys placed November 19, on the 24th I looked at my checking account and noticed the check cleared my account, then I went to my APMEX account and there was no status update, still reads awaiting payment.

I live chatted with them on the 25th and the lady either didn't understand me or whatnot but she said once they receive funds from their bank the status will update, she assured me there's nothing to worry about but now I'm getting worried with every passing day.

This is not my first order with these guys via check and I'm pretty sure status changed as soon as they received my check on previous orders

30. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

I have noticed that distributions from my IRA show on my brokerage account fully one day before the funds show up in my personal checking account. If weekend days are part of the event, then several days can go by before the fund transfer completes. I'd bet that something like that has happened here, 97.

31. mcmurph

mcmurph Seeker Seeker

After many successful orders via check from APMEX, my guess is you're dealing with delays due to the holiday. I never watched my account status in regards to payment being received, but just waited for email alerts about payment/shipping details. I only ever began to worry if the emails deviated from previous experiences, but after waiting for a day, I would receive an email and all was well. My 2 cents.

32. 97guns

RETIRED
    Ok, I will remain in the holding pattern

33. Usury

Hey yo 97, what's the update? I have had several successful eBay orders from them this year, but I haven't ordered online direct in a while. Only hiccup was on an item that got delayed and when I inquired, the item was apparently presale and listed that way on website, but they forgot to update the eBay listing to reflect this. I was not very happy but they offered to cancel and refund if I wanted. I'm sure it was an honest oversight...usually they are spot on and all my other orders have been.

34. 97guns

RETIRED
    Finally got a confirmation on Monday that my payment was rec'd now they are waiting for payment to clear even though it's been cleared from my bank for over 2 weeks, an estimated delivery date of December 14 will put it around 3 weeks after funds cleared my bank. I believe that will be the last check APMEX gets from me, I will only purchase from APMEX through eBay with a cc.

35. 97guns

RETIRED
    In other news I did get my Christmas present from them on Tuesday, I nice little piggy bank that looks like a kilo bar of gold, thank you for that but I have no use for it and it immediately went to ebay

36. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

I got one of those too. What happened to the popcorn?

37. Usury

No doubt...probably give mine to my LCS to put in the display case. I don't have much use for it.

I also noticed that there haven't been any Apmex Christmas sales this year. In the past they always did their 12 days of Christmas or some such and I've yet to see ANY sale for Black Friday or Christmas from them. Not that they're obligated to such, but it definitely has surprised me.

38. pay dirt

pay dirt Gold Member Gold Chaser

They had a cyber Monday sale. Some good deals. Normally they are higher than others (JM and provident eg.) but for once they were lower.

39. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Something I hadn't come across from APMEX in the past.

Does APMEX ever back order items?
    Supply and demand problems occasionally occur in our business. From time to time, we have more buyers than sellers. If this should happen, we reserve the right to delay delivery up to 30 days (From your expected shipping date) to fill your order. Even if the price continues to rise, your price is locked in. We will deliver your bullion (Non-Numismatic) product within 30 days. If you ordered a numismatic or supply item which has previously sold or we are out of stock on, we will either place it on back order, attempt to locate another or a refund will be given. Should the value of your items decrease in that time period, you will not be entitled to any market gain.

40. Usury

That's interesting. I don't know if that policy was there in the past or not, but in all my experiences, they've never sold product that they didn't have in stock. HOWEVER, I did recently have an issue when an ebay order from their store was delayed shipping. When I inquired, they stated that it was a pre-sale item as indicated on their website. I checked and sure enough on apmex.com it showed as pre-sale but apparently they forgot to update the ebay listing because it did not. They offered to cancel the order and I accepted their offer. I don't typically do pre-sale orders.

However, many orders prior to and one since have shipped without incident.