1. Initial French Elections this weekend, could be fireworks or nothing
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 4/22/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1289.10-- UP 0.60 Silver $17.85-- down 66 Oil $49.62-- down 3.80 USD $99.88 -- down 58

ATB 'P' Mint Mark Coin Thread

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by chief, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Silver Art

Silver Art Silver Art Bar collector Platinum Bling

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    The US Mint cumulative sales figures did not update this past Tuesday. The latest update is still the week of April 2, 2017 which shows most updated mintage for the Effigy "P" is at 15,363. Apparently silver "Animal Crackers" are not very popular at the moment.

2. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense and it should be done but with the US Mint, the opposite will probably happen if spot silver continues to make a run to $20. However, I do not know what the average spot price of silver needs to stay above to trigger a US Mint increase in the price of the "P" pucks.

3. savvydon

savvydon Gold Member Gold Chaser

If memory serves the last price decrease was when silver dropped below about $25. The kept it unchanged all the way down to $14. I wouldn't expect a price change unless and until silver moved outside these price boundaries.

Silver Art likes this.
  4. Dude

Dude Midas Member Midas Member

I just did the last 90 day check, similar to what I did when the 10% ebay bucks came up - and paid a lower effective rate than issue. About 100 on the 90 day check were below and most of those were very close to issue. 1000 were over. Some of those 100 had hand held pics with no box. One year (the Hawaii year), I bought 25 from the mint and sent back 10 for replacement, knowing the extra shipping charges were shared (lowered) across multiple pieces. When buying these off ebay though, you might get poor quality for a $5 savings. If the mint dropped another $20 off the P pucks, I'd buy way less bullion pucks. Of course as I can pick up eagles at 2-2.29 over spot at times, I mix it up as it seems the low dollar for bullion pucks is about 2.75 over spot. I don't pass up deals on junk either and give a little more for bu rolls. Silver 5 coin proof quarter sets can be had way below mint issue, just watch you don't buy a clad set for $15.

5. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    According to the April 16, 2017 Cumulative sales figures:

Effigy "P" - 14,242

https://www.usmint.gov/cumulative-sales-figures

That was down from 15,363 that was reported on the April 2, 2017 Cumulative sales report. I am guessing they adjusted for sales that did not go through for whatever reason (card declined, returns?).

6. Foxwoods Man

Foxwoods Man Silver Member Silver Miner

That's a significant drop....

7. savvydon

Another recent low... 2017 for ATBs is starting out slow.

8. SongSungAU

SongSungAU Midas Member Midas Member

I wish the US Mint would put an alert on their website when they get down to the last 500 or so coins for a particular issue. I missed out on the Teddy coin because I was just going to order it when I ordered the Fort Moultrie 5 oz. coin. They suddenly put "sold out" and I was out of luck.

I called the US Mint and asked if I could be put on a waiting list if any Teddy 5 oz coins were returned. I said I would be happy to buy a return. The gal at the US Mint told me no. She said if any coins were returned, they would not be for sale.

Well screw the US Mint. I have been collecting these since the very first one but since I missed out on the Teddy, I have lost interest.

Had the website shown some indication that the stock was running low on the Teddy, I would not have delayed my ordering of them. But the way the website works, it's hit or miss. You may wake up one morning intending to place an order and find the coin you wanted now says "sold out."

They need some kind of indication so people know when the available stock is running low. Be that 1,000 coins or 500 coins... something to indicate to those who are interested that they need to not delay any longer.

Yes, I'm an upset customer. I've been a customer for a long time but this pisses me off. So screw the Effigy Mounds 5 oz coins.

Okay, my rant is over.

9. Foxwoods Man

Foxwoods Man Silver Member Silver Miner

It's very easy to see if there are more than 100 left. Just put in an order for 100 and it will give the remaining number if it's under 100. I do it all the time for the pucks. For instance there are over 100 Moultrie left

SongSungAU likes this.
  10. SongSungAU

SongSungAU Midas Member Midas Member

Thanks for that tip, Foxwoods Man.

I could buy the Teddy from Apmex or somewhere but I like buying directly from the mint and having a U.S. Mint receipt. I can't do that now.

11. savvydon

Stuff happens. it would be a shame to abandon ship with so much of the journey already under your belt. 2c

12. Silver Art

Silver Art Bar Hoor