1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Bald Eagle Cam - Harriet (mate is Ozzie) Eaglets About to Hatch

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by GOLDBRIX, Dec 30, 2016.

1. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

According to video clips E9 started perching on tree limbs above the nest.
    I tuned in this 8am-ish this morning and E9 was already perched above the nest.
    Around 8:50am E9 glided down into the nest walked around a minute or two and flapped back up to the limb above the nest.

2. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    Two days ago I saw a SandHill crane in the middle of town. As I watched it wondering wtf is he doing and bald eagle swooped in to harass the crane. Pretty odd on both accounts

Off topic, but has anyone been watching the daily videos from Cincy Zoo on the premature baby hippo named Fionna? Pretty cool watching them bring her back from certain death one day at a time. I pretty sure she is in good health and gonna make it now.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  3. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

That is close to how I saw my Bald Eagle last year.
    I was sitting at a lake / reservoir scoping out areas to fish from shore. All of a sudden all the residential ducks and geese took off like the wind all flying away in the same direction. About 30 -40 seconds later here came a Bald Eagle just gliding about 20 feet above the tree tops going in the same direction.
    It was about 5-6 minutes later any of the residential waterfowl began skiing back onto the lake. The eagle never returned while I was there, and I haven't seen one since.

4. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    They are popping up every where around home. I have seen 5 in last year.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  5. GOLDBRIX

E9 has accidently fledged the nest spending time down in the pasture and on the fence.
    Harriette & M15 are hanging closer and brought a fish to him/her at the fence.
    Cameras try to follow and there are some videos on "utube" following his ground exploits and wing strengthening.

6. GOLDBRIX

E9 checking out his territory small flights checking out the stables, the fish pond across the dirt road, perching on the wood fence,.... ( video made 3-18-17)

7. GOLDBRIX

E9 has left the nest and was last seen soaring high 5-3-17. Harriett & M15 still hang around the nest and Harriett calls out occasionally: