1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Bartering And Horse Trading

Discussion in 'Survival (Preps & Homestead)' started by agnut, Jul 20, 2014.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Recycling metal for cash, Reselling and Scrapping for a Living. HVAC Scrap, Uberism81 Vlog
    uberism81

Published on May 26, 2017
    Recycling metal for cash, Reselling and Scrapping for a Living. HVAC Scrap, Uberism81 Vlog

Compilation of the weeks events showing how I run my business. It's hard work and hours are long, but I love working from home. I hope you guys take away something from my videos that helps you earn money and gets you closer to your goals.

Please subscribe! Thank you!

2. searcher

My Top 10 Clothing Brands To Sell On Ebay In 2017 - PART 1
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live on May 25, 2017

3. searcher

Reselling on the Road... Is it Possible?
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live 3 hours ago

4. searcher

SCRAPCHAT!
    Tucker Upper

Published on May 28, 2017
    Send me your scrapchats on my snapchat @tuckerfupper! SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

5. searcher

Don't Rip Off The Tags or Stickers!!
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live 2 hours ago

6. searcher

Scavenger Life Episode 312: Is eBay Removing Old listings?
    Scavenger Life

This week we came up with a new slogan that we hope will ring throughout the online selling world: "The best way to sell is whatever way you enjoy because it’s the only way you’ll keep doing it." Maybe this will end the debate!

No way! Of course sellers will never stop arguing about the best items to sell and the best way to sell them, but at least let's acknowledge that nothing matters if you don't enjoy what you sell and how you sell it. We've all seen example after example of people who try to sell online and fail miserably because they try to imitate someone else's business model. Making money is not enough. There must be love involved if you're in it for the long haul.

On another note- Our friend, Marc, confirmed that eBay is now taking down old listings! What! It's a Catastrophe! Let's Freak out!

Wait, what? Let's see what actually happened. Marc said that he was eating dinner and received a message from eBay saying they removed 1000 of his listings that were older than 12 months. This is what the message said: Listings that haven’t generated interest, after being active for a long time, can clutter the site and make it difficult for buyers to find what they’re looking for. This can be unfair to other sellers when their listings are difficult to find. Therefore, we’ve done the following: - We removed any listings that have been active for 1 year or longer without sales. A list of removed item(s) is available further down in this email. - Any fees for listings that were ended early for not following policy won't be credited to your account. We recommend that you don’t relist these items unless you first take steps to improve the likelihood of sales. Please also make sure that items don’t automatically relist. Listing fees may not be refunded for subsequent removals. To increase the chance of your items selling in the future, we recommend that you consider the following best practices: - Reduce the price of the item. - Add images. - Include pertinent item specifics. - Offer free shipping. - List the item using the Auction format. To help you, we have compiled recommendations for improving your listings. For more information on listing best practices, please see: https://goo.gl/WtLGol

Okay, this looks pretty bad on the face of it. My worry was that eBay was removing listings and he'd have to retake photos and write all new text. But all Marc did was hit "relist" and made all his listings active again. No big deal. There's no way for eBay to know if you updated info. They just made a hoop he had to jump through.

So why is eBay doing this? We assume eBay wants people to look at their old listings. Great, that's fine. But sometimes items just take a long time to sell no matter how cheap you make the items. And who cares how long an item is up as long as the seller is willing to pay the listing fee? Unlike Amazon FBA, eBay isn't storing any of these items. It's just a giant database in the cloud.

We have plenty of items over 12 months old, but eBay hasn't taken any action on us yet. But if they do, we feel no stress since we can just relist. I guess this issue gives credence to the sellers who use 30-day listings and then just relist using "sell similar". The items are the exact same, same photos, same titles, same descriptions, but they just fool eBay into thinking they're new items. Is this the new game we must play? eBay hasn't given anyone much info on this new push, so we'll see. As always, it's often less a big deal as it seems at first. The wheels of commerce keep on spinning.

Join the discussion ► https://goo.gl/Uk0d0X
    Resources we use ► https://goo.gl/FvhXmS
    Who we are ► https://goo.gl/7xqoc8
    Subscribe to us ► https://goo.gl/X4DIKn

We live in rural America, and we are Scavengers -- especially when it comes to making money on eBay by selling items we find in or near the waste stream, at auctions, yard sales and thrift stores. This allows us to avoid full time jobs, which gives us more time to scavenge and enjoy our lives. It's a positive reinforcing cycle.

We are eBay Top Rated + Power Sellers. Each week we post a couple 1 hour long podcasts sharing stories about our eBay selling. We welcome all questions and stories of your own eBay experiences. Sharing helps make us all better Scavengers.

7. searcher

Garage Sale Finds Memorial Weekend 2017!! Money, Xbox Kinect, Action Sports Camera!! Alpena Michigan
    John Picker

Hit a bunch of Garage Sales, Yard Sales, Estate Sales, Rummage Sales and this is what I got. Plus The Michigan State Police Pull over People Left and Right. Xbox Kinect with Games, Action Sports Video Camera, Dvd's, Roller Blades and some other cool stuff. Shopping Tax Free buying used stuff. Alpena Michigan 2017.

8. searcher

Selling at a Flea Market from a House Clean Out!!!
    Taco Stacks

Published on May 29, 2017
    Flea Market Sales are strong! Join me as we go out on an adventure to unload a ton of inventory! Subscribe for more Flea Market videos!

9. Silver Art

Silver Art Silver Art Bar collector Platinum Bling

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    This past week (week of Sunday, May 21, 2017 to Saturday, May 27, 2017) in my ebay side-business, I did a total of $514.97 in online sales by selling a total of 13.6 troy oz's worth of silver (Average of ~$37.87 per 1 troy oz silver). That 13.6 troy oz's consisted of several 1970's and other mint year silver art bars and rounds, two Privateer 2-oz White Whale silver rounds, a 2-oz silver round with sterling bezel and sterling chain, a 2000 Silver Britannia coin and a 1996 SAE. After ebay/paypal fees and USPS shipping, I had a total net profit of $107.88. This is, by far, my best week of business ever since I started doing this as a side-business.

10. searcher

Trash Picking After Memorial Day Weekend!
    Tucker Upper

Published on May 30, 2017
    Finding good stuff in the trash after the holiday weekend down here at the shore. People throw away some really good stuff! SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

11. searcher

That's Keep Life Baby!
    Tucker Upper

Getting tasks done, helping Silver Ali move his truck to a new #KEEPLIFE location, and celebrating Memorial Day! SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

12. searcher

I FOUND THIS AT A THRIFT STORE?!?! 90s Clothes and more!
    Taco Stacks

Searching for great gems and came across an autograph baseball of an all time Oriole Great! Subscribe for more Thrift Store videos!

13. searcher

14. searcher

15. searcher

16. searcher

TRASH PICKING SCORES WITHOUT TRYING!
    Tucker Upper

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    Rolling to cut grass and I came up on three good trash scores on the same street, had to check them out! For more videos like this please SUBSCRIBE to my channel!
    Beats - https://soundcloud.com/s-y-m-f-e-o

17. searcher

THE SCRAP DREAM CONTINUES!
    Tucker Upper

Published on Jun 2, 2017
    Taking a load of light iron scrap to clean up my yard. Made some money and the scrap dream continues. SUBSCRIBE for more videos!
    Beats - https://soundcloud.com/s-y-m-f-e-o

18. searcher

NEED New Tools for Scrap !!! Thrift + Q/A Vlog
    Taco Stacks

Published on Jun 2, 2017
    Checking out some deals at Home Depot for some new Scraping tools, little thrift store pick up and Q&A Sesh.

19. searcher

How To Barter When Living OFF GRID - When SHTF - And On The Homestead
    Off Grid With Brad And Kelley

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    Bartering is an enormous part of any micro economy. From how you'll exchange the work of a blacksmith to paying back the doctor for tending to or even seeing an ill family member. The ability to barter will become one of your largest parts of a thriving homestead and one of the largest parts to your survival during a disaster.

The favor system, in which bartering becomes an exchange of favors will become an important part of life. Learn the skills that you have an interest in and a gap of knowledge in now, then you will be able to apply those skills on the homestead or during a disaster.

If you are shopping on Amazon? Please use our affiliate link. http://amzn.to/2kpFbxH

20. searcher

HUGE Estate Auction Haul! Live Auction Vlog + Pickups!
    Taco Stacks

Published on Jun 4, 2017
    Estate Auction Vlog, with some nice pick ups! Sorry for the blank screen at the end. Subscribe for more Auction Treasure Hunting Vlogs.

21. searcher

1 everyday resalable item I almost ruined!
    Bonafide Hustler

Streamed live on Jun 1, 2017

22. searcher

Garage Sale Finds - $500 Profit In 3 Hours
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live on Jun 3, 2017

23. searcher

Why I Prefer Amazon FBA Over eBay When Possible...
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live 22 hours ago

24. searcher

County Dump!
    Tucker Upper

Published on Jun 4, 2017
    Taking a load to the county dump and working on my buddies boat. Scuba Jake showed up to change the zinc for the electrolysis. SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

25. searcher

Scavenger Life Episode 313: What's your Backup Plan to eBay?
    Scavenger Life

Published on Jun 4, 2017
    With a mild level of panic among sellers because eBay is removing items older than one year, we have to ask ourselves: what's our back up plan is eBay was no longer feasible for us? In the early days of selling, we had didn't have much at all, nevermind a backup plan. Just piles of stuff, a camera, a computer, an internet connection, and lots of time. We put our heads down and listed like our life depended on it. When eBay really started feeling like a real business, it was really exciting to know we made something out of nothing. We applaud any seller who takes themselves to seriously enough to build a steady stream of income from their own wits and sweat. It's a big deal.

But as we established our eBay business, we knew we wanted a back up plan. eBay is fun for us, but what if someday it's no longer fun? For us, vacation rental property (http://www.shampooandbooze.com/) was something exciting. We took our extra profit from selling old shoes and bought a couple old houses, fixed them up, and now are close to doubling our income. This took eight years, but time takes time. Like our eBay business, we love making something from nothing. We can look back and see that our hard work is paying off.

In reality, the new eBay initiative of ending old listings isn't the armageddon that some assumed. Here's the official announcement https://goo.gl/FoV1XY: "We have identified a relatively small number of unproductive listings and have begun removing those with one or more years of no sales and minimal page views, and are refunding any associated listing fees. We value long-tail inventory – it is what makes eBay unique – and remain committed to helping sellers of all types be successful on our platform."

So it's good that eBay acknowledges that "longtail" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_tail items are important and sell slowly. I guess eBay is reminding sellers to look at old listings. They haven't touched our old listings. But if they did, all we need to do is relist the items as if they were new. Doesn't hurt to check them over to make sure they look good. No big deal.

Hope you had a good week!

26. searcher

GARBAGE DAY PICKING LIVE !! Scoring cash from trash! MEGA HAUL
    Taco Stacks

Published on Jun 5, 2017
    Follow me on instagram Taco_Stacks and join me for another great day of garbage picking! Subscribe for more treasure hunting videos!

27. searcher

Using FAKE Money At Gas Station!
    Tucker Upper

Published on Jun 6, 2017
    While filling up a gas can to cut a few lawns B Colt pulled out a ten dollar bill and it turned out to be fake. The gas attendant and me knew it was fake right away and just to prove it to Colt we tested it. We then headed to a golf course to help our buddy film for a commercial. SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

28. searcher

Buying scrap at the auction and other finds. Setting up a NEW drop off recycling bin. HVAC scrap!
    uberism81

Buying scrap at the auction and other finds. Setting up a NEW drop off recycling bin. HVAC scrap!

I wanted to buy a new truck at a local auction this past week, but it went for more then I could afford. Instead I bought some scrap copper and I got some other cool finds. I also setup a new drop off recycling bin in another small town close by. Slow, small, but steady growth for the business.

Please subscribe! Thank you!

29. searcher

Scrap Metal - How to Make Money Scrapping & Recycling Metal - ScrapVulture Scraping Metal Website
    ScrapVulture

Published on Jun 6, 2017
    ScrapVulture scrap metal finder website: https://www.scrapvulture.com/

In this video I talk about launching my website https://www.scrapvulture.com/ a website created for scrappers to find scrap metal. The site can be used for selling more than scrap metal. People can sell whatever they want. They can even ship their items the same as is done on ebay. Scrap Metal - How to Make Money Scrapping & Recycling Metal - ScrapVulture Scraping Metal Website.

30. searcher

Massive " SLICED " Under Armour LOT at Goodwill Update ....
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live 16 hours ago

31. searcher

The Ebay Branded Boxes Are Legit....
    Raiken Profit

Streamed live 34 minutes ago

32. searcher

SELLING AT A FLEA MARKET on a Holiday?!
    Taco Stacks

Published on Jun 7, 2017
    Follow me on instagram @Taco_Stacks . Selling at a flea market on a holiday and wondering is it worth it? Subscribe for more videos.

33. searcher

MORON puts $400 Suitcase on the Curb - Dumpster Diving Scrap Metal Scrapper Trash Picking Picker
    ScrapVulture

Published on Jun 7, 2017
    ScrapVulture scrap metal finder website: https://www.scrapvulture.com/

34. searcher

Nintendo NES Game Sells on Ebay $800!! Garbage Picking and Scrapping Alpena Michigan 2017
    John Picker

Published on Jun 7, 2017
    Sold the Peek A Boo Poker NES Game I got at a Garage Sale on Ebay for $800. Garbage picking some free Dryers and Grills. Scrapping some Metal and Batteries. Current Scrap Prices. Making money with John Picker Alpena Michigan. Everyday I'm Hustling!!

35. searcher

36. searcher

Nate's Multiple Streams of Income - From Reseller to Online Business Owner
    Bonafide Hustler

Published on Jun 7, 2017

37. searcher

CORBIN CITY FORCLOSURE TRASH OUT!
    Tucker Upper

Published on Jun 8, 2017
    Working on a foreclosure trash out in Corbin City and finding a few awesome items in all the garbage. Subscribe for more videos!
    BEATS - https://soundcloud.com/s-y-m-f-e-o

38. searcher

Confronted By Department Of Environemental Protection!
    Tucker Upper

Published on Jun 9, 2017
    While dumping a load of trash from the last foreclosure I worked on I was confronted by the NJ Department of Environmental Protection. They asked loads of questions, took photos of by truck and license plates, and took down my name. SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

39. searcher

Flea Market Finds 19 | Rogers Flea Market | Haul Video | Items to Sell on eBay
    Pickin' 4 Profit

Published on Jun 9, 2017
    Follow along as Pickin' 4 Profit shares his most recent Flea Market Finds with you. He will discuss how much he paid, how much he can sell them for and some stories along the way.

Where to sell items you find at flea markets? Picking 4 Profit shares where to sell items you buy for reselling and how he makes takes old trash and turns it to cash.

He sells on Ebay, Amazon, FBA, Flea Markets, and much much more.

40. searcher