1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Nye, The Not-So-Science Guy, Gets Slammed, And It's Pretty Great

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Oh look, Bill Nye, a celebrity with an opinion...

Bill Nye, The Not-So-Science Guy, Gets Slammed, And It's Pretty Great
    "You're a talented actor-comedian with an opinion ... and that's about it."
    [​IMG]
    John Lamparski/WireImage
    ByHANK BERRIEN
    November 9, 2017

One critic decided to slam Bill Nye, The Fake Science Guy, and it was quite a take-down.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 11.36.27 AM.png

Nye’s fraudulent posing as an expert on science has been pointed out for years. Here are a few examples of his scientific intelligence:

1. Arguing to Dan Rather that the more heat in the atmosphere, the stronger hurricanes are, confusing the atmosphere with the oceans.

2. Likening a New England mega-blizzard to hurricane Sandy, and implying both storms originated off the coast from Africa. As Jason Samenow of The Washington Post noted, “Sandy formed in the Caribbean (not from an African wave) and the blizzard formed off the Mid-Atlantic coast (from the merger of two North American disturbances).”

Samenow added, “Nye then draws an absurd comparison between East Coast storms and West Coast storms in an attempt to equate them.” Samenow commented that Nye’s rhetoric was “one of the most flawed discussions of meteorology I’ve ever seen on a national network.”

3. Nye posted a video regarding abortion in 2015 in which he argued that the pro-life position is false because "many, many, many, many more hundreds of eggs are fertilized than become humans," ignoring that humans are formed at fertilization. As The Daily Wire pointed out, his video was debunked here, here and here.

4. Positing that quantum entanglement could pave the way for time travel, a concept that was eviscerated by Forbes's Chad Orzel.

John Coleman, the founder of The Weather Channel, told Climate Depot, "I have always been amazed that anyone would pay attention to Bill Nye, a pretend scientist in a bow tie. … As a man who has studied the science of meteorology for over 60 years and received the AMS (American Meteorological Society’s) 'Meteorologist of the Year' award, I am totally offended that Nye gets the press and media attention he does."

2. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I wouldn't ask Larry the Cable Guy to install my HBO either.

gringott, dacrunch and Uglytruth like this.
  3. EricTheCat

EricTheCat Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

It goes without saying that Bill Nye doesn't hold a candle to Don Herbert (Mr. Wizard). I feel lucky to have grown up watching Mr. Wizard's World when I could. Never cared for Bill Nye in the least despite being a science nerd. I highly recommend looking up old Mr Wizard's World episodes and especially his older show "Watch Mr. Wizard". Bill Nye was always too goofy for me. That says a lot given that I'm a pretty goofy guy.

gringott likes this.
  4. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Who could ever forget this golden oldie:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Goldhedge likes this.
  5. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    This is the moment that I knew we had lost the country

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Son of Gloin, nickndfl and dacrunch like this.
  6. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

:belly laugh:

yeah

:belly laugh:

7. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

After I clicked play on that abomination of a video I had a thought. Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a hooktube link along with videos we don't agree with?

That way they won't get the view counts and therefor keep them from making money from anyone here who watches it. Just change the "you" in the url to "hook".

It won't embed, but it'll at least give people a choice as to whether or not to help their view count.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=VtJFb_P2j48&

Hooktube is also good whenever youtube refuses to play a vid for you too. No censorship, no ads, no nothin' but the video you want to see.

Share YouTube videos without giving them views. Bypass country blocks and age restrictions. Download YouTube videos and music. View quarantined videos as they appeared before YouTube Heroes got to them. Keep your data private from the G.

HOW: Just replace the domain in any YT link with hooktube.com and you get a light-weight page that loads YouTube's media files (mp4, webm, etc) directly into your browser's native media player.

GOLDZILLA and Goldhedge like this.
  8. dacrunch

dacrunch Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

I bookmarked the hooktube link (will just have to change the "v=xxx" ending)... Will try next time I get the youtube message "this video is not available in your country", and see if it works. Thanks.