1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Billy Graham turning 100.

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by 917601, Jul 12, 2017.

1. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Treetop, searcher, GOLDBRIX and 3 others like this.
  2. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    I read awhile back that someone asked Reverend Graham what he would hope to hear God say to him when he stands before Him in heaven. Graham replied, I only hope to hear Him say "Well done, son," that is all. If any mortal human being deserves to hear those words from God, I think Billy Graham does. My opinion.

Treetop, Glasgow, searcher and 3 others like this.
  3. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Darn, he is not dead yet?

I'll tell you a second hand story about this boob:

Him and his minions got their selves a tent revival. Oh they worked for it and cajoled the church people of the town into it. Yes it was a BIG hit. And, all the donation money left with the POS BILLY GRAHAM inc.

there ya go, happened in Minnesota....pos is nothing about your soul but all about him.

4. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Uhhh, yeah, I have to call BS on this one, Mike. Wrong guy, here. Not only that, but you ought to be ashamed of yourself for popping on to this thread to spread a "second hand," slanderous allegation about this particular man. He's been around for many decades and these kind of stories have never been slung about Billy Graham. I'll assume yer "off yer meds," or on the sauce.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    GOLDBRIX likes this.
  5. michael59

20 years logging
    Nope. I can put you in contact with the guy though. yeah, he is 77 and all you have to do is pretend to purchase farm equipment. do not take my word for it though, check it out for yourself.

6. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Yeah, you tell your guy he's full of manure (since he's in farming).

917601 likes this.
  7. 917601

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    M59,
    M59, your disdain and anger is showing itself to your detriment. Let me know when you can accomplish what this man has done before you were even born.....then add to that all his children and grand children have accomplished. The crowds were supernatural, each person in these tents had God given free will to attend, and America became blessed and became a great nation because of his efforts...I find it no surprise President Donald Trump came to accept God while attending his 95th birthday celebration. Are you angry with Mr Graham, or God?...who chose him long before you existed.

GOLDBRIX and Son of Gloin like this.
  8. michael59

20 years logging
    WTF? So I take it YOU are in love with this guy? Look I don't care either way for charlatans. How much did the people pay to get in those arenas? They were not free ya know. How many of those people were fed free of charge? Nope that did not happen. I have called that man a nothing ever since I was a child and guess what? I still fill the same. So if I could tell he was a nothing back before I was a teen how come you can't?

look you two I can put you in touch with the guy who to....K, listen up and I will tell you how I found out about the thief.

One day during a commercial break on the TV there was this Billy Graham commercial and then the story came out. So it is not like I pestered some one. So do you want the phone number he uses? All ya gota do is smozz the talk from purchasing land or equipment into your GOD the BILLY GRA-HAM and I will tell him you are calling. Sure he is going to get pissed, he will be pissed because you are calling him a liar. Me I really don't give a poop but I dam sure would not kiss up to one no matter how close to some god people think he is close to.

9. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Silver Miner Site Supporter

I don’t think so Michael. That guy you know is just a little older than me. I grew up in Idaho rural where they had tent revival meetings. Growing up I never heard talk that Billy Graham was any type of charlatan, and he was a topic in conversations frequently.

Some time after I moved to Seattle he had a meeting here in the kingdome. I went but was in back of the crowd and when I got in all the stadium seats were taken. They let about a hundred of us in to the front to sit on the floor. So there I set, on the floor, ten or fifteen yards from Billy Graham for his whole sermon.

BF

10. 917601

Direct your complaints to Our God almighty. Mr Billy Graham is a sprit filled legend, and I have to ask, are you drinking?

Son of Gloin and Bottom Feeder like this.
  11. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    The world of televangelism is unfortunately full of charlatans. I can name them for you. You're just plain wrong about this one man. Just wrong, Mike.

searcher likes this.
  12. Bottom Feeder

But nutin stuck from that.
    I'm still a sinner..

BF

Lt Dan likes this.
  13. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    So am I BF. I've got my share of faults and errors, too. Did you know the root of the word sin is from Greek archery, meaning literally to "miss your mark?" It just means making mistakes in your thinking, speaking, living. We're all in that boat. Just trust Jesus. It's that simple, right?

Treetop, searcher, ttazzman and 4 others like this.
  14. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Gold Pirate Gold Chaser

disabled veteran
    Was back in 1959-60, I saw him at a revival meeting his organization was holding in Tampa, Florida, stands were full, we had to sit way down in the grass. Someone said later they were watching on the TV and saw me sitting down there in the grass. I may be off by a year on the date, I was kinda young. Saw him on TV or heard him on radio many times since. Never heard anything bad about him that I can recollect. Can't say the same for most of the rest of the TV preacher crowd out there. I suppose there may be a few good ones, just that I rarely watch any TV of any type for any reason.

Just a sinner that has prepared to die a long time ago.

15. michael59

20 years logging
    our god? And, which pray tell god is that? Yeah, now I am,...I am working on my second beer BUT I was not working on a beer before this here post...in fact I went out and hosed the garden then came in and cracked my second beer. yeah, cast dispersions on the bearer of bad tidings. No, not going to happen.

So? ya wana talk land or equipment...and then you can morph it into a catch phrase...oh...such as Billy the Graham saved me has he saved you too? yeppers that ought to get it going; question is "Can You Hang ON?"

flippen our god.... shit suzie.....are you not a child of GOD? If you are then why do you NEED a GOD?

holie mac-a-row-knees.....

16. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    I thought he kicked the bucket a long time ago...

michael59 likes this.
  17. michael59

20 years logging
    Bud... if I may write that...

Look how I discovered it, it was per chance. Thing is the guy is a ruse for his own benefit. Do not misconstrue thievery for blessings.

18. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    He might pass up George Burns, who played god on tv. I liked George. Neat guy.

19. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    How do you figure thievery? If you go to church, they pass the plate, so the church can pay it's bills and the pastor can buy groceries. At a Billy Graham event, you pay a nominal fee to get in, so Billy and his people who travel with him can buy their groceries and pay their bills. Billy Graham is not a rich man, but I guess you imagine Billy should be poor? Do you work for free?

Treetop, GOLDBRIX and 917601 like this.
  20. michael59

20 years logging
    Son of Gloin...have you been in the mines too long? Did you not read the words I wrote which upon all this digression is about? This charlatan and his minions goaded a tent revival and skipped with the proceeds. Look, the ones who set the tent and did the promotion recived for their work the gift of the BILLY...aka nothing. So GOD gave them nothing but the BILLY takes all.

Look, I will message you and numbers a phone access to the man who seen this happen.

21. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Michael. I can see that you're psychologically invested in this idea that Billy is a thief. First, though, your only evidence, as far as I can tell, is the word of some guy you know. Nothing more than that, apparently. Second, if BG were a big thief and charlatan, I'm certain the word would have gotten around by now. He's been doing these revivals longer than I've been alive and I'm going to be 60 in less than half a year. I've never heard a bad word about Billy Graham my whole life, till you made this spurious allegation, based on second hand evidence. No offense, but I don't want to waste my time tricking your acquaintance into a conversation about Billy Graham's alleged tent revival misconduct. You have no evidence, just accusations. That's not right, Michael.

ttazzman, GOLDBRIX and 917601 like this.
  22. michael59

20 years logging
    Well? Do you want it or not?

Look this ain't my story
    Look do you want to meet or talk to the guy who says his story is true? This is not about me so do not make it that way. Some one who grifts is just that a grifter . Like I already proposed....let me put it this way... do you want to hear it from the horses mouth... can you do your own due diligence?

This is not about me dam it so plz lets not make it that way as all I am telling you is, is that that bum known as Billy has been goating over the flock.... dam what is so hard to understand about that.

23. michael59

20 years logging
    Tell ya what bud "No tricks" I will flat out tell him and then he can tell you what he lived. So, question is " do you want to know?"

24. michael59

20 years logging
    I will make the introductions.

25. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    That's exactly my point. This ain't your story. I don't want your buddy's phone number. Tell him to join the discussion here. Right here. Let him defend his allegations. One more thing, Mike. This is about you only in the sense that you are the one making alegations based on someone else's story. Let him defend his story. Why should you?

26. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

He was a very charismatic speaker that's for sure. I remember listening to a Louis Farrakhan speech once and he actually praised the goodness of Billy Graham which was a little bit of a shocker.

searcher, 917601 and Son of Gloin like this.
  27. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    American Icon
    A different era.
    Pretty cool pic the fish eye camera one above. That's history all right.
    This was in the days of people striving to be more like Bill and Ted.
    " Be excellent to each other "

28. Bottom Feeder

This one rite cheer —

The Kingdome was a huge success during its first year, with more than 2,425,000 visitors. The Billy Graham crusade on May 14, 1976, attracted the most visitors of any event staged in the dome's first year, drawing 74,000. The best-attended professional football game drew 62, 532 fans on August 14, 1976, in a match with Los Angeles. A boat show drawing 119,007 was the best attended "consumer show."

http://historylink.org/File/2527

BF

917601 and Son of Gloin like this.
  29. jiikoo

jiikoo Seeker Seeker

30. Bushpilot

Bushpilot Silver Member Silver Miner

Let me tell you one thing I know for a fact. The BG ministries has a $1,000,000 dollars of my rich uncles money donated by the gold digging whore that he married less than 6 months after my aunts death. If he is a true man of the cloth, why are they not living like paupers? Why do they solicit all the money from everyone? I don't remember anywhere in my catholic upbringing that Jesus or his deciphles solicited donation? Do you?

michael59 likes this.
  31. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    OK, jiikoo.
    Just did a cursory amount of research. In year 2,000, Billy GrahamMinistries took in $400,000,000 in donations. That's 400 million in just one year. Billy Graham has been doing this ministry for over 60 flipping years! His net worth is $25,000,000. Lots of money by my standards, I'm a regular working boy. In the same year, the ministries used 7.5% for adminstration and 6.8% for fundraising. That's unusually small output, by registered charity standards.

Assuming just an average of 100,000,000 dollars in income per year, average, for sixty years, that works out to about 6,000,000,000 dollars over the course of his career. That's six billion dollars in donated dollars and Billy's net worth is $25 M. Sure, Billy's a big thief.

MC Hammer made a reported $32,000,000 (32M) for one stupid song, back in the day. 32 million that is all gone now. Admitted, he gave a lot of that away, reportedly, but still, $32M for one stupid song, 'You can't touch that.'

Billy only has $25M for a lifetimes work. And $25M for a 60 year career, taking in billions of dollars is freaking nothing! Grow a brain, people.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Treetop and 917601 like this.
  32. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Sorry about your stupid uncle marrying an idiot. As far as Billy living like a pauper, do you live like a pauper? If so, why? And if not, why!?

33. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    And another blasted thing! How much of that net worth is property? Maybe he has a nice homestead. How much of it is earned income on modest investments? None of you guys know.

34. 917601

PROVERBS 8:18-21
    “Riches and honor are with me: yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment; That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.”

PROVERBS 3:9-10

“Honor thy Lord with your wealth, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with.....

Many here just don't get it....what a shame. Mr Graham has honored the Lord with every increase, and most importantly, enabled countless others to do the same. God's promise to Mr Graham is the same for you, take advantage of the age old promise. The US is in the midst of a great reversal, do not hinder that and be left behind. The consequences are great here on Earth, greater when you give up the ghost.

35. michael59

20 years logging
    OK boys I talked to Butch. He said it was 68 or 69 in Billings Montana. billy goat gruff was talking to the episcopal church there about a revival. What was supposedly said was You Episcopalians rent the fair grounds and I charlatan will bring the music and dot the talking we will split it 50/50. As soon as that sucker was done the not dead yet basturd jumped on a plane with the proceeds and skipped town.

So there you two go, you have it, you have a date/time and you have the church that your blessed reverend gave the wee-knee too. Now if that ain't searchable then bygollie you don't know how to get things done.

OH and Butch laughed when he said "I don't care the guy is a crook, go ahead and give them my number."

so there it is....you two would think a thief is blessed by god.....*Mumbles* "no wonder this world is so f'ed up..."

36. 917601

image.jpeg
    M59, please read my previous post, the wisdom have been enshrined for more than two thousand years, I put my trust in them, not Butch. How many have ever gathered to listen to Butch?...or you?...give it up and give some respect to one who has earned it.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  37. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    I'm sorry, Mike. On the forum here, I like ya. You're funny, most of the time. You seem like a decent guy. But, that still seems like a bullshit, made-up crap story to me. Your buddy, Butch can make up anything, if he wants to. What he's alleging supposedly happened decades ago, there're no corroborative witnesses, he doesn't seem sure of the year, the name of the church and for all we know, he's got BG mixed up with some other tv guy. Maybe he's deliberately lying, who knows for certain? You go ahead and pull us together a pattern of behaviour, corroboration, documentation, the sort of thing you would insist on if your integrity were being maligned and maybe I'll start to look at BG with different eyes.

And have a nice day.

38. michael59

20 years logging
    Go ahead follow your dreams of a stair way to heaven makes no never mind to me but now you have a date you have the church so this means that IF you really want to know then you can search it out.

Like I said bud...I knew he was a POS when I was a child and my question to you is as a adult "How come you do not know that now?"

so? I need to ask "Who needs corroborating witnesses when we have digital renditions of the news papers of that particular time?" And, as for my integrity? Why would you think that? Just do a search, or you can speak with the guy who was ...IDK...I suppose he was 15 or so at that moment....shit ya got me?

Look, I do not have a god and I ain't looking for one. But I still wonder why that charlatan is still alive?

39. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    I was casting no aspersions on your personal integrity, Mike. I was speaking hypothetically. If someone were attempting to malign your good name, I'll bet you would demand evidence, hoping people didn't just believe half-assed stories thrown around about you. As for Butch, you get him to come here and back up his own manure.

40. michael59

20 years logging
    OR you can just talk to him your self. Look Bud, when we got here today and turned in some speeder just took out my boy's girlfriend. yeah big ass wreck... so do not tell me that you do not want to talk to some one who can give you information. Some people do not or cannot lie. So putting it off on some thing else or some way else is of no importance. Talk to the guy and get it from him.

You know what? You will most likely discover you have a lot in common....now I am going to take a shower as I put up a lot of hay today.....Yeah and this is after Me and this guy got hit at 55 or 60 while waiting for a train to cross the right of way.