1. First market day of the week as we head to US transition.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tues Morning! Gold and Silver flying to the up. Gold +20 bucks to 1216. Silver is +30 to 1707. Crude is also moving to the up 72 to 5309. The USD is down 36 to 100.82.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Bitcoin Chart Fractal. $5000?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Nomis Elpmis, Feb 24, 2016.

1. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    I agree
    I agree that bitcoin could be used transfer wealth across borders, but you very well could be detected, and pay dearly if caught. Shit, the bad guys are hacking into everything,. And governments don 't?
    I would rather swallow a few 5 carat diamonds to transfer wealth, and shit em out on the other side.
    If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

2. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,JOE you are a TOOL being used by others who see you as a use full fool to help THEM get over!:thumbs down:

the DUCK:winks2:

3. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

PMs and bitcoin don't necessarily serve the same purpose. While they're both methods of wealth storage, they're drastically different in their strengths, weaknesses, and applications. Why must it be one or the other anyway...doesn't it make more sense to utilize the advantages and disadvantages of both?

itchy166 likes this.
  4. solarion

Zero chance of bitcoin being "detected" in your hypothetical. Zero. If you transfer the bitcoin to a brainwallet prior to travel there's no way whatsoever the .gov can do anything to stop you from re-aquiring when you arrive at your destination. Bitcoin is far far superior to PMs or erroneously (over)valued diamonds when it comes to concealing/transporting wealth.

Swallowing a diamond ring or three is far more likely to be "detected" particularly if you puke your guts out at the airport.

You can hold a bitcoin key file in your hand. Therefore you do own it.

itchy166 and Mujahideen like this.
  5. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,solarion, bitcion is for punks and want to be hustlers.:thumbs down:

the DUCK :winks2:

6. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

What makes you say that?

7. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Mujahideen, I said that because bit coin is the best way to hide illegal transactions like the on line hijacking of computers and they demand payment in bitcoin. :thumbs down:

8. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Mujahideen likes this.
  9. GOLD DUCK

anywoundedduck likes this.
  10. Joe King

So what? Where will your debit/CC or checking account or money orders you willingly use now, be in 5000 years?
    ...and how do you know btc won't be around for a long time? Do you have a time machine at the duck nest that you've used to find out?

It is entirely possible that something like btc could eventually spell the end for the Fed. Wouldn't that be a good thing? The removal of monetary control from a centralized authority? I thought that's what we've been wanting?

itchy166 likes this.
  11. anywoundedduck

As a software developer for nearly 30 years, I can tell you that there is no system that cannot be hacked, smacked, and attacked. The backdoor to bitcoin transactions was probably built into the system before it came online. To think otherwise is naivety of the highest order.

12. Joe King

If you carry it loaded on a usb mem stick that has no connection to the interwebs until you want it to, how exactly does it get hacked?
    ...and if there were some kinda back door, why isn't it already being used?
    ...and if it's ever hacked, it would do the hackers no good, because to hack it is to destroy its perceived credibility and therefor its value. It'd be no different if FRNs were easily duplicated on home printers and there was no easy way to tell the real ones from the fakes....it'd destroy any remaining trust in FRNs and people would become afraid to accept them.

solarion likes this.
  13. solarion

On what do you base this "probability"? This is all open source software that has been gone over by millions of people. Instead of talking about unconfirmed "probabilities", why don't you go through the source code and find this alleged backdoor? Bitcoin is what...eight years old now? Sure is unfortunate everyone that uses it is too stupid or naive to find this "probable" backdoor.

Save all the naive banksters and investors that have already driven bitcoin's marketcap to over $10 billion. They're counting on you to save them from themselves! lol

14. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe, you talk like a kid that is still wet behind the ears,in a few years I will be DEAD but my GOLD and SILVER will still be in there vaults for the ones I have given it to

Stop talking so SILLY --- you are more short sighted than Mr. Magoo was!:dduck:

15. Joe King

If you had it in btc, you'd have just about doubled your $ this year alone.
    ...and I'd say it's you who are the short sighted one. As you can only see things from one perspective. Therefor you are blind to many opportunities.

16. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe, Kid, GOLD is money --- bitcoin and US DOLLARS are not MONEY only substitutes for money.

Joe you are like the FISH that sees the WORM and thinks it is an OPERTUNITY the hook is not perceived.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  17. Joe King

As substitutes they seem to have worked pretty well.
    Btw, how's it comin' with finding somewhere to buy your duck chow with gold? (without selling it first to someone else) Gold doesn't even work as actual money today.
    That's the fault of people who use CC and other forms of debt payment. Isn't that how you said you bought your gold? On credit?

That's just it, there is no hook. The only "hook" is on the Feds wares that you readily use. Way to go, helpin' the Fed win the game.

18. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe, Like most kids you got no PAITENTS you want it all and you want it NOW or ASAP! :thumbs down:

GOLD and SILVER are forever bit coin at best is a FLASH in the PAN (fart in the wind):dduck:

19. GOLD DUCK

QWAQK, Joe SILLY BOY --- I have never bought GOLD or SILVER on a credit card YOU don't listen ---- I got a ZERO for 1 year loan on a credit card bought the GOLD and payed back the "LOAN" in under 1 year

I have a monthly income more than enough to buy food as I m also totally debt free --- I have never sold any GOLD or SILVER ,I have given some away, but never sold any.

20. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe "no hook" LOL just because you can not see/perceive the hook don't mean there is no hook.:thumbs up 2:

21. Joe King

It's still utilizing their services. They made $ on the transaction. The more people use their wares, the more entrenched they become. Thanks for helpin' 'em.

That's right, no hook. You get some btc and eventually spend it on something. It's a currency. Kinda like FRNs, but without the central control.

Isn't that what we want? Open source currency based in the Peoples hands? As opposed to the banker driven, credit-based currency that so many on here (you included) have expressed displeasure with and would like to get away from?

Ron Paul always talked about how we need a competing currency. Now we have one and you seem to be on the bankers side.

If the People tried making physical Au/Ag into an alternative currency, it'll just get raided and shut down ala Liberty Dollar.
    Doing it digitally is the best the People can do right now with the weight of the machine bearing down on us. Don't you want people to at least try to get out from under the bankers thumb? To have an alternative? To listen to you would be to more firmly entrench the Fed into our financial lives.

solarion and itchy166 like this.
  22. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe the bank did NOT make a dime off of me BUT DID make MILLIONS off the fools who did take them up on the loans but did NOT pay off the loans in less that the one year!!:thumbs up 2:

the BANKERS have not profited off me in 20 years as I pay off ALL charges each and every month.

I am 100% DEBT FREE!!!!!:thumbs up 2:That is how I live my life!:thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:

23. GOLD DUCK

QWAK, Joe KEEP believing that bitcoin is untraceable that is what TPTB want you to believe but it is not true:thumbs down: that is there TRAP LIKE a hand tied FLY catches a TROUT not seeing the HOOK ---- it just depends on how BAD/MUCH the powers that be want you---- if they want you bad enough they will trace and find you :thumbs down:

24. anywoundedduck

So so so naive. Keep passing on the BS about bitcoin.
    Open source my ass.
    Backdoor is known to only a select group.
    Otherwise why build a backdoor
    Certainly not in the user requirements, not in the logical specifications, and not to be found in the published source code.
    WTF?

25. solarion

^^ So your position doesn't require any evidence then? WHEN someone goes looking for it, it cannot be found. There's not even evidence of this alleged "backdoor effect".

You can just point to something and say "Look! BACKDOOR! BAD!"

WTF indeed.

26. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,There has never been a lock that can not be picked/beat ---- If TPTB want to trace bitcoin transactions bad enough they will and can!:2 thumbs up:

bitcoin the choice of scoundrals and crooks and any who try to avoid being held responcable for there actions!

27. Joe King

But they made $ on the transaction fees and by using their product, you help make it more popular. You help more retailers want to accept those things as payment.
    $ spent with debit/CC supports the banksters system. Way to go, duck.

You're not debt-free while you are paying on your CC.

If you're not using it for illegal sh!t, what's it really matter?
    ...and if that's what you would do with btc, there are ways to mix them up so no one can actually trace a particular btc back to any particular person.

The code that runs it IS open source. If you are a software developer, you should scour the code and find the backdoor. Millions have already looked and can't find it.
    ...and how do you have open source code that's also secret?

Edited to add: ...and what if the Fed comes up with their own blockchain technology and people start using it because "there's no alternative"...same as we hear about credit today.
    Well guess what? There is an alternative right now. If it doesn't get off the ground, you'll end up locked into the Feds version of it. Which would you prefer? One that's in the Peoples hands, or one that's in the Feds/govs hands?

Yes, it's the same as with those that believe in chemtrails. "It has to be bad because anything I don't understand, must have sinister origins"

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  28. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe as long as I carry no balance on my CC I am using the BANK they are NOT using me ----- I went 20 years with out a CC Because when I was young I got one and it took me several years to pay it off :(

bit coin is just the first step to getting people to accept "the mark of the BEAST" =------ that will make doing business even easier than bit coin LOL :)

29. Joe King

If it's the mark of the beast you are worried about, you can rest assured that it's not btc.

Your SS#, CC# and every other identifing number you've already accepted are much more closer to the mark of the beast than btc will ever be. Btc doesn't mark YOU with your own unique number any more than accepting an FRN "marks" you with its serial number. Once you spend it, that number is off to someone else.
    ...but your SS#? You hold that in your forehead as knowledge that you provide so others may ID you.
    ...and if they came up with a new number system for you, you'd run down and sign up for it, too.

Also, the simple fact of using bank credit means you support the Fed and their system. So it's no wonder you rail so hard against any alternative to their system.

solarion likes this.
  30. GOLD DUCK

QWAK, Joe,Much like all kids you just don't get it --- you are shure you do but you DON'T ---- just like the bankers gradgualy got the public to accept paper rather than coins and then plastic credit cards, bitcoin is another step to getting the public to accept "the mark" because it will be so much easier etc. ----- bit coin will die but the bankers will start up something newer and better:thumbs down:

GOLD and SILVER are money everything else just a substitute for money and a step closer to "the MARK":thumbs down: .

31. Joe King

That's just it, the People are hungry for an alternative. The only way to keep the Fed from creating their own to shove down everyones throat is to have a well functioning alternative that they don't control.
    Edited to add: because a competing currency helps to keep them more honest than they might otherwise be.

If the Feds version of a block chain is the only game in town because people and ducks like you scared everyone away from any alternative to it, (simply because you don't understand it) we'll be screwed yet again.
    Because you advocate to keep people corralled in the Feds system of credit. After all, you're a card carrying member, right?

What's in your wallet?

32. GOLD DUCK

QWAK, Joe, bitcoin was and is a bata test TPTB will never let bitcoin take away there business ----- HELL they killed JFK just for trying to go back to gov. issued currency backed by SILVER!:thumbs down:

The whole global fiat system is about to implode bitcoin will not survive that only GOLD and SILVER will!:thumbs up 2:

33. Joe King

JFK was just one guy. "One guy" is always easy to stop. They can't shoot all of us. At least not all at once. lol

If it implodes, food will be the new "money". At least for a good while.

34. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe,TUNA and 22s will be currency also stockpile freeze dried food:2 thumbs up:

After a wile it will be GOLD and SILVER like it always has for 5000+ years:thumbs up 2:

35. Joe King

There's no way gold or even silver will ever circulate as money. Not with 7+billion people all needing a piece of it.

At current valuations there isn't enough of either to use as money, and if valuations shoot to the Moon in order to make it possible, the amounts used for normal purchases will be incredibly tiny.
    As example, if gold hits the fabled $10,000 level and is used as money, one GRAIN of gold would be $20. How do you make a coin out of a single grain of gold?
    ...and sill be able to ID it as being gold?

Edited to add: I used a 15:1 ratio to figure what an historical price for silver might be with gold at $10,000 and it came out to $666.66 per ounce. Right there's your mark o' the beast, duck. It's gonna be your silver. lol

36. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe,Buy some more tickets for the caracell/marry go round I am not going round with you no more ---- Both GOLD and SILVER can be reduced to small coins or even threads in paper currency IF nessary so there IS enough GOLD and SILVER to serve as money!!!!:2 thumbs up:

You obviously have invested in bitcoin and refuse to accept that you been bamboozeled!TOO BAD for YOU:winks2:

The bankers hate GOLD because for thousands of years they have been limited by not being able to create it ---- too bad for the bankers too BO HOU so sad :thumbs down:

You keep your bitcoin I will keep my GOLD and SILVER come back in 20+ years and see who has something others still hold as valuable!!!:thumbs up 2:

PS :stfu:

37. Joe King

Because even you can see the silliness of your arguments.

It would be beyond stupid to put super tiny threads of gold in paper money.

If you call the price of something going up from being priced in cents to being priced in 100's of $ as being "bamboozled", I'd have to say there is a good argument to made that you don't even know the meaning of the word, bamboozled.

If you only want to use it in 20 years, it's not money. It's called savings. There's a difference that's obviously beyond your comprehension. btc is a currency.

38. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Joe,Go away kid you are just BUGGING ME!:thumbs down:

39. Joe King

If you're not here to discuss btc, maybe it's you who are doing the bugging?

Btw, it's up 51% for the month. Not a bad return by anyones standards. If you'd converted to btc on June 1st and re-bought gold today, you'd own a lot more gold than you had owned.

40. GOLD DUCK

[QUOTE,"Joe King, post: 1035281, member: 365"]If you're not here to discuss btc, maybe it's you who are doing the bugging?

Btw, it's up 51% for the month. Not a bad return by anyones standards. If you'd converted to btc on June 1st and re-bought gold today, you'd own a lot more gold than you had owned.[/QUOTE]

QWAK,Kid(Joe) You just don't understand GOLD a nd the HONOR of GOLD as MONEY you are looking for a fast buck and like a kid want to traid GOLD and SILVER like "baseball cards" --- real MONEY HOLDS it's value/buying power over time it or they (GOLD and SILVER ) are not stocks or "baseball cards" ---- you got no respect KID ---- you need to GROW UP in your thinking and perceptions and priorities!:thumbs down:

now GO bother /be a pain in the ASS, to some one else--- STOP bothering ME!!!!:dduck: