1. Repeal of kenyan care to happen today, Markets choppy as direction is lacking
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Fri Morning! Gold is down 2.9 to 1244, while Silver is +2 to 1761. Crude is +32 to 4802. The USD is down 8 to 9948.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/18/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1230.20-- UP 28.8 Silver $17.41-- UP 49 Oil $49.31-- UP 82 TICS USD $100.11 -- DOWN 100 tics Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1299.09 (1), SAE $20.54 (20)

bitcoinmoneychanging

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Poorman, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

[​IMG]

Once upon a time...

There was a group of old men that called themselves "Goldbugs". Precarious group of fellows they were. It wasn't rare to hear them shout things like "End the Fed" or "Bring back the Republic". As a neophyte I found myself stumbling upon their rhetoric. Being about as green as one could get, I found myself easily swayed by their charm. Not knowing that someday they would try to make me baghold their paradigm. A somewhat complicated thing to explain but in time I may get there with you. I do warn you though in order to follow along you must shed any preconceived notions you have about alternative media and anything affiliated with it.

I do apologize for the title of this thread because it will take a certain level of understanding to get to what Bitcoin is all about. In essence Bitcoin is about money changing to say the least. How can this be you ask? Aren't goldbugs trying to end the Fed and rid the world of the money changers? Haven't they noticed and somewhat embraced this shining gem that Satoshi created to fix what the so called money changers created? Well the answer to that question is yes and no. In order to handle the no you have to decide exactly how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. Such a cliché thing to say I know. Nonetheless, most of you probably already feel it in your gut that changing the economic landscape in your life is not the end all be all of cause and effect. I can assure you though that most of you probably have no idea that you are in fact facilitating the reincarnation of the money changers themselves by supporting Bitcoin. With that being said I will have to start where I laid hands on my first 10oz bar of silver...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  2. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Anyone?

3. Aurumag

Aurumag Seeker of Truth and Justice Midas Member

Illuminator
    There are a couple of links in there; both for PM dealers who accept Bitcoin in exchange for metals.

4. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    I'm waiting for the "Happily ever after"

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

links removed

Thanks Auro

6. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    Nothing replaces real money forever; it always comes back to gold and silver....time and time and time again

Malus and Flight2gold like this.
  7. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Sitting here, holding my sack.

8. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

Spring 2012 was right around the corner

....getting ready to make the hour long trip back home (again). Over 10 years at the same place gets a bit tiresome. This day was slightly different though. Got the text earlier "it's here". I apparently couldn't take the whispers anymore from the "whisper factory". They had been pumping out widgets for over 5 years at that point. A few weeks earlier I finally decided to pull the trigger on precious metals. Maybe it was all the moon talk or perhaps just the alternative media complex finally penetrating my subconscious. None of that mattered anymore. The fishermen set the hook so like a good fish I took the bait.

Despite the insignificance to most in the financial sector I admit I was excited. The first of many ounces of silver was waiting for me at home just begging to be open. The order was for 10 ounces of silver. I opted for the Sunshine Mint bar. Not sure what I was expecting when I stepped in the door. After all it was just a hunk of metal......right? Like any day I opened the door and greeted my support group. I looked at her and said "where is it?". "Over on the counter" she said knowing that I was pumped. I picked up that flat rate USPS box and immediately said (with a grin) "this is heavy". I tore it open and pulled it out while the pink packing peanuts fell on the floor. It was like a beam from heaven shone down on the bar as it glowed like the moon would when full. I was impressed. I felt all 311 grams of that slim brick and knew I made the right choice. Finally I could take myself where I wanted to go just like they said. No more debt, self reliance, and ultimate independence was right around the corner. This was the start of it all. The start of a journey that didn't go at all how I expected it to.

Already that night I was eyeballing what I was going to collect next. Small problem though. As the name suggests I was no big whale able to buy monster boxes at will. Just a poor man with a plan to get out of debt all while keeping the support group afloat on a raft comparable to Links from the Legend of Zelda. It didn't matter though because I was convinced I had this one in the bag. After all I had an edge that I thought was unique. I had inside scoop that would catapult me to the top in no time. There is only one word I can use to define the accuracy of my thoughts....naive....

9. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

"Cost Averaging"

Such a simple term that I did not quite understand at first. When purchasing those first 10 ounces I ended spending about $38.80 an ounce. After dealer markup and charges for the payment method I used I figured it was a steal. With "moon" right around the corner what did I care. I was so green that nothing mattered. The bugs were calling for such large price swings that I had to be good to go. Months passed and I acquired a bit more silver. No large orders cause I just couldn't afford it with the needs of the support group weighing in at a higher priority level. Then came the sell offs. All you bugs know which ones I'm talking about. That's when the whisper machine started synchronously uttering the words "cost averaging". Just buy all the way down cause this train is only making a pit stop. If you buy all the way down your overall cost per ounce just keeps dropping. Makes sense if it goes back up. Little did I know that I was probably just one of many green leaves storing sunlight for the big tree. In other words bag holding. Similar to when maybe a woman asks her husband to hold her purse for her while she goes off to do some secret woman thing. I just didn't know was if the wife was coming back to grab what was hers.

In hindsight it is clear to see now what the downward moves were all about. Someone was teaching the rookies how to be a good little girl and do what daddy says. Like a chess game it is and was always about being miles ahead of your opponent. After immersing myself in this game briefly and analyzing the markets it is easy to determine that the first big moves in Gold and Silver were only road flares. Those boys that bought way early were only waiting for an extinction level event to trigger their first big sell off. Once that moment passed they would hide and wait for the next move. At first the downward pressure (created by what bugs call "the cartel") stung a little. There I was having no idea what I was doing. Buying something that I only knew about because someone was selling it. I felt like I was a sucker that got sold on a gimmick. Numb to the sting but not hurt badly due to my conservative investment approach that I made towards metals (and being poor) I figured I needed a new angle. I needed to get what I had lost back and start to break even.

During my first silver acquisition period from 2012 to 2014 I can't say it was all for nothing. It didn't matter if bugs were selling a product. After all what did I even know about turning lead into gold? People like Mike Maloney, Peter Schiff, Brother John F, Silver Doctors, and Chris Duane all had solid messages that definitely did not fall on deaf ears. They gave me a good service that perhaps I bought into a bit too much but that was never their fault is was always mine. Coming back to them in 2016 has been rough to say the least. Not because they aren't good at what they do but because I see now that their job was always to deceive.

Now before you bugs get all bent out of shape let me say this. I don't so much have a problem with what you stand for but I do in fact take issue with your treatment of people. You stand so firm on your "principles" of be your own person and take care of yourself. Your mantras of screw centralization and down with the banks are so convincing at first glance. But after what has been shown to me from 2014 to 2016 I know now that you are not much different from the people you complain about. I want to be clear on what I mean by when I say "bugs". The gold bugs to me are the ones that hold the most of precious metals and have the most to lose if it's campaign is not successful. Real market movers that do not just participate in markets but control them. People that play off human emotions and young minds to do what they need to do regardless of the people they hurt.

We can get to the next 2 years of training camp but just know that the story starts out the same but ends much differently. I hate to be a spoiler Zed
    but it doesn't end happily ever. Maybe we will get to it and maybe we won't. I guess that's up to forum controllers. Checking the first responses I'm guessing that you would rather me just be gone so I guess it's up to you in the end. I may have little regard for supposed secrecy but after all it is your house.
    I was never really good at weaving webs.

A note to all you Alpha Centauri bound individuals:

Unless you enjoy being someone's lackey forever till the end of time think about what you are doing. Think about how you got to where you are now. You may think that you are in the best position that you can possibly be but really who are you fooling? Breaking down dams 80 years after you built them seems cool but do you really think your position isn't scripted? Your job title requires loyalty for a reason. That's not freedom now is it? If you support contradicting yourself though just disregard the note. Just know that she isn't coming back for another 1500 years.

10. stonedywankanobe

Sorry, are you blaming someone other than yourself or Andial for your plight? If so I call batshit.

andial likes this.
  11. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

I can only blame myself for poor decision making.

Who else is there to blame?

It would only be my fault for playing a game that I don't fully understand and expecting things to go my way 100% of the time.

Claiming secrecy as a trump rule though....that is batshit.

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  12. stonedywankanobe

I hate it for you poorsir. There were a few here at the time who urged caution, very few listeners imho.

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

I like the point he is making,

In the metals markets, we have the well known pumpers who pump all the time, good season or bad,

But, that is no different than someone pumping segments of the stock markets to their own gain.

Then there are the bugs who hold metals for different reasons. Many different reasons, but the overall message remains the same, buy and hold.

Yet, if one takes the time to look around, there are those that sold in '11 or around there. There are those that said it was time to sit on your hands for awhile, etc. They were there, but may or may not have been heard over the constant pumping and ones own personal bias or greed.

The worst thing to me is to hear of someone who was buying high 30's and still waiting to get it back, as what we talk about is not a rich mans game. Just all trying to protect ourselves and families. So I get it, and don't blame a guy for some remorse. I sold some on the way up and have replenished it on the way down. The dollar value is not my determination for pulling the trigger.

Personally though, I am not going to depend on wall street or .gov to dictate how my family is taken care of. Just as I am not going to dial 911 if a intruder happens to trespass. I am not going to abdicate my responsibilities over to others.

As stated in the past, being a gold or silver bug has far deeper meanings for many of us. Far deeper. It is a state of being, and a state of mind. It is neither positive or negative, it just is. While some would claim it is entrenched with negativity only shows they do not understand. Buried deep in there is a optimism and a hope for something better and the struggle becomes how to get there.

solarion likes this.
  14. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Is this thread about BTC?
    ...or silver buyers remorse?

15. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

This thread is about whatever you want to be.

You can read the title then decide if you want to read the content.

16. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just curious, as the thread title implies it's about BTC but when I read it, it ended up being about silver. So I thought I'd ask.

17. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    People get into a mindset that suits their time frame. The pumpers often pump all the time because they see the much wider picture. This often leads them to over look the short term developments. Imagine yourself trying to relate to a day trader, they'd call BS on you every 10 mins on a bad day... yet you are looking toward next month & year and are probably on the money. Perspective counts, so the first question is ---> Who is telling me this and what is their frame of reference? Once that is understood you can assemble seemingly contradictory market outlooks into something that makes more sense.

2c

FWIW

18. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

"No one can serve two masters....."

In a time of whistle blowing and the disruption of order I find that there is in fact no room for it. Trained by approved voices and propagandists I have come to realize that no one in fact wants the truth told to them. Every dimension has a bubble around it and if you dare to pop it watch out for the blow back. I haven't quite figured out what it is inside me that is constantly searching for the "reason" things happen in this world. What I deemed to be a curse has actually been useful to me in my later years in life. The drawback is that you see everything when your focus is aimed. Sooner or later though this might prove detrimental to my health as my maps cross paths and my cooling fans lock up from running 24/7.

So it's 2014 now and there I was with my bag of quickly depreciating silver. Feeling like there was no end in site to the drop in price I decided to pull the reigns back and rethink my position. Fully distracted by space related events I decided to look right instead of left this time. What did I see? I saw a mountainous price chart known as Bitcoin. There it was clearing an all time high in 2013 just waiting to go higher and higher. And what's this......Litecoin too! Virtual silver and gold made for libertarians? Sign me up. How do I get some? Little did I know that I was falling for the exact same shit I fell for when I bought silver all the way down. This time though was different I thought. Being a bit of a tech nerd I was sold on the mining. So I bought my first graphics card and started making coinz!!! Jumping in on Litecoin when difficulty was only around 2000 I was making some moderate gains. It wasn't long though and I realized that it was only a gimick. Price was still falling and difficulty was going up. I was not as aggressive with the virtual currency though. Unlike gold and silver, virtual currencies don't come with a backbone. Nonetheless, I kept on slowly accumulating coinz at a poorman's pace. After a few months I figured out (late as usual) that buying coinz and timing the market was much more profitable. So then I started buying these things at exchanges. Glued to my computer I wanted to know everything about Bitcoin and all of it's off shoots. By mid 2015 I was in the red on both metals and bitcoin. I searched and searched for the inner workings of the system but I just couldn't time this thing right. Always one step behind and never one step closer. Then I caught a break and "even steven" was in my sites. I figure just get back to break even and I'll get the hell out of this thing.

That's when things got interesting. As I tried to pull away something kept pulling me in closer to how this ecosystem known as Bitcoin actually works. I'm not talking about technical trading either. Well just call it "the edge". Visiting this forum before and trying to shed light on it back when I first signed up I'll just save "the edge" for another day. It was like I could see the future of where Bitcoin and it's spawn where going. Up, down, left, or right it didn't matter I could see it. Things started to get blurry though at times. I couldn't tell if I could actually see through the fog or if it was blind luck. After too many coincidences and weird occurrences I finally figured it out. The best I could put it is like when you hit the sweet spot on a terrestrial radio station. I was tuned into something. Instructions of some sort. Being in the red overall started to fade and I started to see gains. By this time though I started to develop some reservations about Bitcoin and all of it's pump and dump schemes. Exchanges especially tripped my moral triggers. These things are like Wall St 2.0. The whole Bitcoin system is like a mini Wall St for that matter. Fake news stories about innovation, lending, shorting, longs, China, high frequency trading bots, and a whole slew of other things that mirror the way Wall St. behaves. I had to make a choice. Stay with it and make more money than my salary gives me in a year or leave and go back to the drawing board in search for something with more more substance. The choice was a hard one.

On one hand it was like I did it. I finally got in phase with the thing I was always a step behind. I knew what it was going to do next and I knew I couldn't lose. That thing in front of me wanting to join it's team was nothing short of Rothschild reincarnate. I couldn't do it. I had to leave because it was unbearable. The amount of manipulation that lives in the land of Bitcoin is unnerving to say the least. And like clockwork as soon as I left my positions everything went up, up, up. It took everything inside of me not to exit into cash and relinquish what I had gained monetarily to any debt that I had before coinz and silver. It was my "Snow Piercer moment". I had it up to here with the whisper factory. The left and the right side of it. Changing what is money and what isn't money. Self destructing itself at will when it becomes inefficient at holding the cows in their pens. I had to take a break.

My exit was far short of any complete debt reversals. I tied the old ball and chain (gold and silver) back on and took a breather. The first one I have taken since silver grabbed my attention in 2012. It's hard to find yourself when you are lost in the muck. Wasn't the first time I found myself losing a bit hope in the future of mankind. This time was different though considering that I have the support group to take care of. They really put things in perspective. It's like I am back again for the first time....

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  19. Poorman

Poorman Seeker

"Motive"

So what's the motive behind Bitcoin? A libertarian push to make you independent, a system to create more priests, or a trick used to enlist a patsy to do someones dirty work? Could be all of these or could be none of these. Either way after being exposed to the world of Bitcoin I have come to understand that it part of a larger dichotomy. One where creators create and destroyers destroy. There are some guidelines but generally speaking each party is allowed to operate simultaneously.

This is where I'm going to take it back to the gold bugs. The ones that are ever so silent about the Rothschild reincarnate known as Bitcoin. At first it seemed as if major gold bugs were against the virtual currency. It wasn't long though and one by one they started to advocate it based on it's libertarian claims. To be honest it is how I became aware of it in the first place. Might have been Brother JohnF. I imagine with all the noobs getting into silver during the time of its slide down to 13 (:delivery:) that many people were getting into Bitcoin with the slingshot it made all the way up to $1000+. In retrospect I realize now that Bitcoin was more of an assignment if anything.

What was the task? It seemed simple at first. Be your own bank and operate as a decentralized node to help the system to flourish. All I had to do was get some. But then all the teachings came pouring in. Longs, shorts, capitulation, manipulation, exchanges, fees, ico's, pump, dump, and arbitrage were terms taught to all the youngsters. Personally, I didn't know much about these things at first because my training from the gold bugs was to loathe these things that market traders used as tools. They said derivative contracts were bad, if you don't hold it you don't own it, and anything fiat was destined to fail. So you can see my confusion when some major gold bugs started advocating Bitcoin. At first it blew my mind but that is when I started to realize who was in bed with who.

What was in it for gold bugs for Bitcoin to survive and thrive? There could be a million different reasons but two in particular really grabbed my attention.

The first came in when I noticed a few precious metal dealers accepting Bitcoin for gold. It was obvious to me that gold would benefit by this because now you had lots of new money that could buy gold. Both paper and physical. I had listed some dealers like Amagi and Provident in my first post. You can trade the paper assets as well on a site like bitbulls. Sites like bitbulls also lets you trade the stock market and forex using Bitcoin. There are more like bitbulls if you care to look.

The second benefit was the ability for new Bitcoin traders to short the market and make the crashing stock market prophecy a reality. As most of you know there are two sides to every trade. Someone going long and someone going short. They teach the Bitcoin noobs all of this. There is nothing stopping anyone now from shorting lets say the DOW with Bitcoin. Don't laugh at the possibility of this. With the amount of thievery going on in the Bitcoin world it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a "Bane like" character emerge.

So you can call it speculation and that might be exactly what it is. When you come full circle though you start to realize what exactly is happening here. A marriage of some sort between Bitcoin and gold. No different really than republicans and democrats running the United States when in fact lobbyists are. An illusion of choice masked behind a false bitter rivalry. What seems to be happening is we are trading FRNs for Bitcoin. One fiat for another. An upgrade so to speak. Don't worry though because the ones that will be made "rich" after this are only falling victim to the oldest money changing trick in the book. It will not be the freedom that you thought it was. You will become slave to either a false right paradigm or a false left paradigm. Take your pick. Bitcoin or gold. It will not matter. The idol is false. The one at the top is placing your souls in buckets so that you will be easier to puppet.

Grab your pick axe slaves because you will either want the physical or the virtual.....:mining: