1. US Holiday, Markets Closed in US
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Monday Morning! Gold and Silver showing strength from overseas.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Boss vs. leader

Discussion in 'Job Listings-Requests-Discussions' started by Ahillock, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Bump.........................

Ahillock likes this.
  3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Throw that out if you own a business and employ family, friends or your wife. Only recently has my wife been consistently listening to my guidance at work. When (she listens) it works there is nothing better, when (she) it doesn't you just want to scream.

Mujahideen and Goldhedge like this.
  4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    It's a rare thing to find a leader...

Ahillock likes this.
  5. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I was a front end shift leader at a local supermarket way back in my college years.

My personal policy was to do whatever needed to be done myself, unless I was more needed elsewhere.

Number one, I'm probably going to do a better job at it and be faster than my coworkers, number two, working makes the time go by, and most importantly in #3, my coworkers see me working hard so when I do ask them to do something they want to pitch in because I lead by example and not by authority.

I remember how I felt when the know nothing do nothing managers would ask me to do something extra, all the managers did was walk around and delegate and take off the clock breaks and write us up if if we went 2 minutes over on ours.

That can only lead to a very low morale... I was working with people who made next to minimum wage, it doesn't much to get low morale... But that's what happens when someone becomes manager because they are the wife or husband of someone else high up in corporate and not because of their credentials.

But the few managers who did know how to do their job certainly earned my respect and helping them out just felt different.

6. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

There was a meme that stated the Indian chief didn't need security when he was around his people.

Few of our politicians could walk safely across their own districts unarmed and by themself.