1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Boy Dies After Saving Pal Who Fell Through Frozen Pond

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Bottom Feeder, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Fox News

An 11-year-old boy from New York died Tuesday after he rescued a friend who fell through the ice of a frozen pond in Queens, authorities said.

Anthony Perez, 11, died after he managed to push his friend to safety, law enforcement told the paper. He reportedly fell through the ice and could not get out. “He was on land, he only went out to the ice after the other kid fell through.”

It took a fire crew four minutes to arrive at the scene after the 911 call. Upon arriving on the scene, two firefighters dived into the pond to rescue the child. The two firefighters were taken to a local hospital to be treated for hypothermia. The 12-year-old friend Perez pulled from the ice was not injured.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

We need more fine young men like this.
    BF

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    No good deed goes unpunished! Sad story!

3. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I helped a young girl (8 or so?) get off the ice once. It was late spring and she had decided to walk across the lake after getting off the school bus. When I drove by with my wife and saw her I realized that there was a couple feet of open water around the shore. I turned around and went back, got out of my car and called for her to walk toward me. I had found a tree that hung out over the water, so I held onto the tree and leaned as far as I could. As she approached me I could see the ice "bending" under her feet. She grabbed my hand, and when I told her she jumped (broke through the ice) and I lifted her onto the shore. She had no idea how much danger she was in. I told her a bunch of scary thoughts so that she would never do that again, and instructed her to go home and tell her mama that I helped her off the ice.

I had a hard time sleeping that night. I thought about all the bad ways that situation could have turned out.