1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

CalExit May Have Already Started

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Scorpio, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

CalExit May Have Already Started

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by BrianBrady
    30/01/2017 10:22 AM

The hysterical response, by California liberals, to President Trump's surprise election was to secede from these United States; I said that it wasn't as far-fetched as it sounds. I live here so I get to see crazy daily.
    The ballot proposition to secede is starting to gain signatures. They have a little under six months to gain just over a half-million sigantures from registered voters. They could probably get those sigantures by standing outside of every Warriors, Sharks, and Giants game. Expect California to be voting on this issue in a March 2019 special election.
    That's not the big story. I mentioned that this was a plan by California liberals but hysterical liberals are in total control of the California government. The California state government is threatedning to organize a tax boycott of the United States. Sacramento plans to hit back at the federal government by refusing to remit pass-through funds to it. While it can't control what California residents do on April 15, expect California State officials to openly encourage its citizens to send theoir federal tax dollars to Sacramento rather than Washington.
    I won't do that. The only thing crazier than sending money to DC is to send money to Sacramento but I won't be suprised if enough Californians comply with the request.

Forget the ballot proposition. Forget an armed rebeliion. This is about money. #Calexit may have already started

More by Brian Brady

https://www.marketslant.com/articles/calexit-may-have-already-started

Flight2gold, Son of Gloin and D-FENZ like this.
  2. BackwardsEngineeer

BackwardsEngineeer If I weren't a snowflake, I'd have no luck at all Silver Miner

Just where is that great big water shut off valve...... time to give it a twist!

Flight2gold, Silver, TAEZZAR and 2 others like this.
  3. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    We'll take the northern half, give the southern half to Mexico.

4. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Be quite sure there will be a lot of politicians in jail in CA if they do not remit to .gov feds.

<SLV> and TAEZZAR like this.
  5. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    California's income tax system is predicated upon the IRS collection system.

In other words: before I can do my California return, I must first complete my 1040.

Fun times!

TAEZZAR likes this.
  6. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

+1! Moved to NorCal from So Cal 14 years ago, and never looked back. That place is a pit. Nothing down there but Celebrities, Attorneys, and Latino Gardeners! People get infatuated with that beach lifestyle, and don't realize what's occuring around them. I'd rather live somewhere where I have enough room (acreage) to park my own vehicle without worrying about a street sweeping ticket every fucking week! If you enjoy the sound of leaf blowers on a daily basis, move to Southern California!

TAEZZAR likes this.
  7. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

And add to that LA traffic is the worst. 30 miles takes you 1.5 -2 hrs in traffic.
    Rents are too damn high

TAEZZAR likes this.
  8. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

hahaahahah, I beat ya, I got out the same day that the planes hit the towers, (15 years ago). We thought the roads might be blocked, but we were all packed & took a chance. But we got all the way out. Went to Orygun. BUT the fucking politicians are as bad here. BUT property is/was much more affordable.
    Yes, acreage is a major key to freedom.

9. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Wait a minute ... registered voters .... with or without confirmation of citizenship?

10. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Now you've done it!

You opened Pandora's Ballot Box.

madhu likes this.
  11. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    As the article says, "This is about money".
    California is actually on the low end of percentage of state revenue from Federal funds.
    Unfortunately I seriously doubt they can make up 27% of their budget through goodwill from Cal citizens.
    As soon as Federal Highway funds dry up the tune will change from Sacramento.
    Unless they raise taxes to an obscene amount, instantly and predated back to 2016.
    I guess you can never guess the decisions, poor or otherwise, that people will make.