1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Colon Friendly Food ?

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by phoneman, Sep 5, 2017.

1. phoneman

phoneman Silver Member Silver Miner

Trying to help a church member with stage 3 colon cancer. Her husband is also sick. She is getting sick mainly from radiation treatments. She has to work to keep insurance payments up. Any suggestions on food we can fix for her, would be greatly be appreciated.

2. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    my sister just went through stage 4 ....radiation..chemo...removeal...bag....reattachment.....now has lung cancer....(were 2 years in)

what she could and does eat is different through the process....radiation was one of the first treatments ....and the best way i can describe it was a horrible sunburn inside you raw and tender......so no acidic foods...no foods with a lot of texture(abrasive)...no foods with hard seeds (seseme seeds,strawberrys, etc)....you get the point.........my sister liked...mashed potatoes..potatoe cassarole..mac n cheese...protien drinks...blended up vegies like veggie drinks....(too much sugar can cause issues but they need lots of calories) ....she liked soft carrots....boiled chicken....chicken/beef soups ....pancakes....eggs....anything that tends to cause hard stools/or constipation is a problem...

i just dont remember it was a hectic stressful time ..my sister is currently traveling i will try to ask her when she becomes available

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    phoneman likes this.
  3. phoneman

phoneman Silver Member Silver Miner

Thanks for your help. Will heed your advice, and pray for your sister.

4. ttazzman

Prayers are always highly appreciated thank you

5. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

phoneman likes this.
  6. ttazzman

your on the right track....as the radiation proceeds and creates colon damage ...there were days all my sister could get down was protein shakes like Ensure (walmart) so we went through cases of that stuff(its not cheap).....if it proceeds to chemo that brings other problems to the table like sensitivity to light and smells...etc

Sis said one of the worst things was people sent flowers that had strong oders...or would visit and want to hug her with colgone on....

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    phoneman likes this.