1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

COMEY FIRED

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by southfork, May 9, 2017.

1. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

I know the internet is full of them, but how many people do you actually know that are on the unhinged side?

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Places like Cambridge Massachusetts is crawling with them. They are concentrated in the cesspool cities. Just because there aren't any in your neighborhood doesn't mean the cites are not chock full of them

Aurumag and hammerhead like this.
  3. hammerhead

I'm on the other side of the commonwealth. We have the four freedoms thing in our county. I sat in on one of their meetings. Mostly frail old people. We also have a large non us citizen population. With the exception of a couple of people throwing rallies at town squares it is quiet.

4. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    yep, things are quiet but you can feel the anger building in the country, at least I can. :)

Son of Gloin and Aurumag like this.
  5. hammerhead

I believe we are on the right track. It isn't going to get fixed right away. It would have been a total loss had Killery gotten the crown.

Son of Gloin and Joe King like this.
  6. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Many of us would already be voting with rifles had hitlery been coronated.

hammerhead, Son of Gloin and Aurumag like this.
  7. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    I am literally surrounded by "them" here in Silicon Valley. There is a great deal of hatred being projected towards POTUS and anyone who supports him.

And/or anything tragic befalls our new POTUS.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    searcher, Son of Gloin and Irons like this.
  8. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Keep your weapons oiled and your powder dry. This thing is FAR from over

Son of Gloin likes this.
  9. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

I only made it to the third paragraph. These people are losing their minds over the firing of a guy that should have been fired months ago. A guy they hated and blamed for their heroine's loss in the election. Now his firing is somehow = to Watergate. Naturally none of the previous administration's wrong doings amount to a hill of beans. Unbelievable.

Lt Dan, Ensoniq, searcher and 2 others like this.
  10. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Loons are going to loon. They're desperate and grasping at anything to remove the POTUS now. This used to be called treason when our country was white conservative but those days are over apparently, especially in our wonderful sanctuary cites (even typing that out made me nauseous)

Son of Gloin and Irons like this.
  11. Irons

But..but..but... the demonrats were for Comey before they were against Comey, before they were for Comey.
    That evaluation makes perfect sense to the twisted liberal mind and to our former secretary of state (who served in Vietnam) jon kerry. Who voted for the war before he voted against it. Or something. Christ I need some weed.

We can't make this stuff up, folks! , . o_O

12. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Weed keeps me grounded!!

13. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

lol

If you're nuts - you're nuts.

lol........................:beer:

the_shootist likes this.
  14. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I WAS WRONG. Jeff Sessions was Director of the FBI and FIRED by Willie C. when word got out "The Spill" was gonna be investigated.

My Bad.

the_shootist and solarion like this.
  15. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

What is the rule politics, "Never waste a good scandal", a lot of evil shit gets done when everybody looking at the trainwreck.

16. searcher

Comey should have been gone long ago
    • By Ed Rogers
    • May 16, 2017 Updated 12 hrs ago

Former FBI Director James Comey is out, and a lot of people in Washington, D.C., are shocked -- but others, not so much. My question is, what took President Donald Trump so long?

In January, after news broke that the Justice Department's inspector general had opened an investigation into how the now-ousted FBI director "handled the probe of Hillary Clinton's email practices," I suggested that it would probably be best for Comey to resign. Unless a change was made at the very top, I thought, the FBI's reputation, and that of its director, would be met with continued distrust, uncertainty and unabashed hostility.

Fast forward a few months and both parties are now more conflicted than ever before: Republicans because they defended Comey, Democrats because they blamed him. As David Ignatius said this morning, "It's strange that the Democrats who were so angry at [Comey] are now furious at his firing." The truth is obvious. Democrats are only interested in Comey's firing because they think it is good leverage to prod, poke and call for a special prosecutor to investigate this president and his administration in hopes that something bad will happen.

In Washington, every White House decision is second-guessed with critics wanting to know why something was done one way and not another. And, considering the media's anti-Trump disposition, we all know how eager the outlets will be to pounce on the president and his team in the aftermath of last night's seemingly unexpected announcement.

In the Trump administration, planning and execution of policy are too often conducted on the fly. And at the end of day, I think the stories about Comey's firing are going to be more about process than substance. Because once again, the Democrats and their allies in the media can't control themselves when they think they see a pivotal moment. They will be disappointed.

Importantly, it was Rod Rosenstein, the nation's longest-serving U.S. attorney who was confirmed as deputy attorney general on April 25 by the Senate on a 94-6 vote, not a partisan political operative, who recommended Comey's firing. And any review of the Rosenstein memo makes plain that Comey's firing is not a crack in American democracy, not a Nixonian Saturday Night Massacre, and not the sign of a president out of control. The end is not near. What it is, however, is the president following sound advice from a serious, credentialed, and experienced leader, in whom he has entrusted great responsibility.

The Rosenstein memo makes the reasoning behind Comey's firing nonpartisan and completely bulletproof. His argument, and that of the Justice Department and the entire Trump administration, is clear -- even if subsequent White House statements muddled it.

Still, the media will drag this development out longer than it should, reporters will second-guess the facts, the media will produce distracting collateral stories, and, as we have seen today and will continue to see for days to come, the left will inevitably over-extrapolate that the White House and Republicans in general are failing at governance.

But to think of Trump as a legitimate target in the crosshairs of a Russia-related collusion investigation is little more than a fantasy for the Democratic Party. And suggesting that the president fired Comey out of some misguided fear or retribution for being under investigation is a wild leap. After all, there is no evidence to suggest that Trump is under investigation for colluding with the Russian government. Anything to the contrary is simply partisan spin meant to stymie the president's agenda.

The left's constant attacks on Trump sort of remind me of the fake-news narrative that lives today, that "Bush lied, people died" in defending the invasion of Iraq. All the Democrats need is a not-so-clever rhyme for the Comey firing to become part of their false narrative about Trump.

Ultimately, the White House will face more criticism and backlash on matters of process than about the long-overdue firing itself. As James Robbins wrote yesterday, the former FBI director "had been a dead man walking for some time." His time just arrived sooner than some expected.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Ed Rogers is a contributor to the PostPartisan blog, a political consultant and a veteran of the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush White Houses and several national campaigns.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_db4ab9c8-f794-5348-ba34-4f38d42ef0b6.html

solarion likes this.
  17. searcher

18. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

Sorry gonna need a bit more than a disgraced former federal LEOs say so. The Times couldn't even be bothered to obtain a "copy" of this unclassified memo? Seriously? I swear the dog vomit that passes for journalism gets worse every day. I'm frankly embarrassed for these twinkies that try to pass themselves off as reporters.

Scorpio likes this.
  19. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Silver Miner Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

You will not believe me if I told you.
    ABC begins every broadcast with "Breaking News...This Just In...Trump Screws Up Again!!!!" I watch the local weather and can't change the channel fast enough. BTW, my lake house is in a tornado warning.

20. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Trump cant be this fkin dumb, he knew he was going to fire comey from day one, then he asks him to quell an investigation?????

the_shootist likes this.
  21. searcher

Ousted FBI chief James Comey claimed in write-up of dinner with Trump that President asked him to 'LET GO' investigation into National Security Adviser Mike Flynn because 'he's a good guy'
    • Memo written by then-FBI Director James Comey after February 14 meeting with Donald Trump describes the president asking him to drop his Mike Flynn probe
    • The White House denies the claim, saying it's 'not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation'
    • Comey's memo also described a Trump request to prosecute and jail reporters who report on classified information leaked to them
    • Just five days ago Trump warned Comey that he might have 'tapes' of their conversations
    • Now it's Comey on offense, with his associates reading portions of his explosive memo to a New York Times reporter
    • Sen. Chuck Schumer said on the Senate floor that he was 'shaken' by the news and Rep. Nancy Pelosi raised the possibility of 'obstruction of justice'
    • The federal law against obstruction is purposely broad and could form the basis for an impeachment case against Trump

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4512806/Comey-claimed-Trump-asked-SHUT-Flynn-probe.html#ixzz4hI2bBkqX
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

22. searcher

23. searcher

This is taking on a circus / soap opera atmosphere. The rest of the world must be laughing their asses off.

bulloncoins likes this.
  24. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    He's not and believe me, things could be worse.
    [​IMG]That being said please be sure your hands are inside the coaster and your seatbelt is securely fastened! Things are going to get a bit scary

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  25. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

could be comeys way of heads I win, tails you lose

a way to flush out if tramp is recording stuff,

he puts something out there, knowing it isn't true, media goes nutz, tramp produces tape showing him lying, media forgets comey, goes nutz on tramp for taping everything

conversely, tramp remains mum, and comey still wins 'cause his statement isn't proven right or wrong

------------------

regardless, if I was tramp, I would call the kenyan and the emailer to the pink room. Sit them both down, side by side and tell 'em straight up, call off the dogs. If'n you don't, I am going to use all the resources in the .gov of the US of friggin' A to crawl so far up your asses you will be in jail before the end of the year. Then they will be sent after your sig others and your children. Scorched earth shall reign supreme.

then will come the IRS a callin', demanding a bit of information about all of those speaking arrangements, the overseas accts, the phony 'humanitarian' 401c's, etc.

in other words, tell them the war has begun

snowflakes vs patriots

bring it

26. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    For those who don't mind reading more than two sentences.
    Shot...

----
    Trump Drops Bunker Buster on Comey and the Deep State
    By Geoffrey P. Hunt
    http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...unker_buster_on_comey_and_the_deep_state.html
    For all of his stage-crafted gravitas and preening, James Comey was a bantamweight, yearning to be anointed with the heavyweight crown by securing a lifetime sinecure from the Deep State.

After all, his most prominent prosecution in his career as U.S. Attorney wasconvicting Martha Stewart -- not for actual insider securities trading, but for lying to the FBI and misleading her investors by proclaiming her innocence. No matter, Comey the hi-octane prosecutor saved the securities industry from the ravages of Martha -- the master manipulator of stuffed endive ginger dip.

And with that coveted scalp, later as assistant AG under John Ashcroft, Comey appointed Patrick Fitzgerald to be the special prosecutor who nailed Dick Cheney’s aide Scooter Libby -- not for the actual unmasking of Valerie Plame, a purported undercover CIA operative -- but for obstructing the investigation. Fitzgerald, and Comey knew from the beginning the identity of the leaker, Colin Powell’s assistant Richard Armitage. While both Armitage and Powell continued their duplicitous silent assent to damaging W’s second term, Comey did nothing to stop this miscarriage.

Comey’s reputation as an even-handed government lawyer isn’t as fair-and-balanced as it would seem at first blush. His participation in the whitewash of the Clinton Whitewater cover up, when he was assistant counsel for the Senate Whitewater Committee, was accompanied by a simultaneous assertion that the Clintons engaged in “a highly improper pattern of deliberate misconduct.”

Later, as U.S. Attorney in Manhattan, his Vidi aquam over the corrupt Bill Clinton pardon of Marc Rich, an alleged quid pro quo for campaign contributions, betrayed Comey’s own role as a prosecutor working for Rudy Giuliani’s successful conviction of Rich’s tax evasion fifteen years earlier.

To what end was Comey’s convenient and cynical equivocations? Mere warm-ups for his disgraceful tenure at the FBI.

Comey’s fitness report while heading the FBI is a compendium of incompetence, and dissembling, beyond his blockade-running interference for Hillary’s email felonies, and AG Loretta Lynch’s deliberately compromising encounter with Bill Clinton on the Phoenix airport tarmac:

• The FBI ignored the Tsarnaev brothers before the Boston Marathon bombing.
    • The FBI ignored U.S. Army psychiatrist and jihadist Nidal Hasan before he murdered 31 people at Fort Hood.
    • The FBI ignored the San Bernardino terrorist killers Farook and Malik; then in an unforced fiasco bullied Apple for a needless unlocking key to the killers’ IPhone.
    • An FBI agent was actually following the Garland, Texas shooters without notifying local law enforcement that armed men were about to carry out a terrorist attack.
    • The FBI ignored Orlando nightclub massacre terrorist Omar Mateen, while under intermittent surveillance, whose lies to the FBI were known by the FBI interrogators.
    • The FBI has done zero investigation into who leaked classified info on Michael Flynn, nor the unmasking of more than a thousand private U.S. citizens, along with who spied on Trump and members of Congress.
    • The FBI has demurred in investigating the Clinton Foundation
    Overcoming his record in hardcore prosecutions of first-order crimes, Comey became an accomplished sifter of fly ash, alternating hiding behind investigation protocols when politically convenient, then asserting prosecutorial zeal when personally advantageous.

For all of the dubious claims that Comey “hated the Clintons’”, and “discomforted the Democrats”, his own carefully constructed slow-walking misdirection methods made him indispensable to the Clintons’ political viability, while allowing them to evade criminal indictments. Until Trump fired him, Comey also had been the Democrats’ most productive enabler for subverting the Trump presidency, by creating a persistent cloud of innuendo, promoting interminable suspicions of unspecified, undefined, and unsubstantiated misdeeds committed by unidentified perpetrators.

Still, Comey elicits undeserved sympathy. Michael Barone says untimely intersections with the Clintons have rendered him another hapless victim, “Can something be said in defense of Comey? He was put in a terrible position by Bill and Hillary Clinton and the Obama Justice Department.”

Baloney.

It is a myth that Comey is a dispassionate balanced arbiter of justice. AsWSJ’s Kimberly Strassel pointed out,

“So what should an honor-bound FBI director do in such a conflicted situation? Call it out. Demand that Ms. Lynch recuse herself and insist on an appropriate process to ensure public confidence. Resign, if need be. Instead Mr. Comey waited until the situation had become a crisis, and then he ignored all protocol to make himself investigator, attorney, judge and jury.”​

Convincing the Deep State to trust him as “investigator, attorney, judge, and jury” is precisely how Comey measured himself for a lifetime Kevlar wardrobe. Comey bet that the Deep State power of the federal government rested with the Democrats, confident Hillary would shake off the tarnish from the email scandal, Benghazi, and her string of unindicted crimes and misdemeanors.

But Comey didn’t count on Donald Trump. Comey thought Trump a fool, more blusterer than disrupter, with an untethered temperament, and not a threat.

Instead Trump dropped his own bunker buster MOAB on Comey’s underground warrens, ending Comey’s sinecure, while unmasking the Democrats reliance on Comey to facilitate their malfeasant undermining of the president.

Trump’s manner in firing Comey, by all conventional assessments, has been a crippling political communications debacle. It is hard to imagine Trump deliberately intending to create such a firestorm to accompany a seemingly unremarkable personnel move that on the surface should have been endorsed by all sides of the political establishment.

Still, the collateral political damage that Trump brought upon himself in the manner of getting rid of Comey doesn’t negate the need to have done it, and thereby commencing the war against the Deep State. Trump had to start it, somehow, someplace. Comey was as good as any place to begin, maybe the best.

Mercilessly Trump fired the first consequential blow against the Deep State. That’s why we voted for him.

Now Trump needs to finish what he started. Cleaning up his communications farce in the meantime would only be a bonus. After all, we can’t savor the disruption, and its aftershock, if we have to apologize for it.

Aurumag, TRYNEIN and Lt Dan like this.
  27. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    And the chaser from the comments section
    ---
    Observing as a lawyer myself, I disagree completely with the benign characterizations of Comey and his motives and agree with this author. This is a repeat of previous post.

I believe Comey is personally and glaringly corrupt, going back at least as far as 2004. His actions include mind-boggling conflicts of interest as to Hillary, inexcusable usurpation of authority, and strange goings-on not related to current mess. Several points are mind blowers. And he has run a politically correct, but completely inept, FBI.

1) Any claim Comey did the take down of Hillary to protect integrity of FBI or to let public know the truth doesn't work. If either were his motives, he would have gone to logical conclusion of his presentation and recommended prosecution. DoJ and Obama would have been stuck figuring out how to ignore that. (Same point made by author.)

2) Whole thing is self-contradictory. He set up investigation intentionally so there could be no prosecutions (partisan, compromised-McCabe in charge, investigators limited as to what they could ask, immunities given, permission to destroy computers given, etc. etc). Why bother doing that -i.e., protecting Hillary - then going out publicly and trashing her in a way most calculated to damage her politically? That's schizophrenic. I can make no sense of Comey's actions. He was certainly trying to take down Trump by leaks of spurious charges and protect Hillary by setting up a sham investigation that could not prosecute anyone. Yet he publicly laid out a perfect indictment of Hillary, totally publicly trashing her, only to conclude: "never mind." Huh?

3) If facts were such that no reasonable prosecutor would have prosecuted (outright lie, but that's what Comey claimed), then he had no business going through Hillary's misdeeds in public. Rule is: if there is to be no prosecution, case is not discussed in public. If there was no crime, what business did he have publicly scolding - heck, trashing - her? His job is investigating crimes and recommending prosecution if he finds evidence of one, not scolding people whose behavior he dislikes if there is no crime.

4) Glaring conflicts of interest. Comey doesn't talk about his brother working for law firm used by Clinton Foundation and that his brother works on Foundation matters. He put in charge of investigation guy, McCabe, whose wife took $750,000 from Terry MacAuliffe, one of Clinton closest friends/advisors/benefactors. Money was for failed Senate run, so wife had political ambitions. $750,00O not chump change, so wife (and/or McCabe) had close relationship with MacAullife. MacAullife was likely to get high position in a Clinton Administration. So wife (and or McCabe) to get a job? If Comey clean, don't these conflicts of interest seem odd? These two things alone should be huge scandals and are enough to fire Comey. I believe he himself also has worked for something Clinton-connected, but I may be wrong about that. Odd Congress and conservative media have not spent any time on conflict of interest, even though FBI Inspector General supposedly investigating McCabe's failure to recuse himself.

5) There's much more to make me believe Comey is a snake. Most glaring just happened last week. His testimony that he doesn't inform Congressional overseers of investigations as he is supposed to. I.e., He operates in no chain of command. Then fact, he paid someone for info who was working for Clinton oppo research. Why? He supposedly wasn't investigating Trump.

6) Something older. The story Comey tells that he advised Bush Admin. certain proposed Bush reg was unconstitutional, but Gonzalez and Card took it to a hospitalized Ashcroft's sick room to have Ashcroft sign it anyway. Comey rushed over and stood as looming presence as Ashcroft (Comey not saying a word) declined to sign it. Awfully dramatic, and I don't believe it. But whether or not it's true, given Ashcroft never signed order, what was point of telling story except to make Bush staff look bad and him look good? (And that's exactly why he told it. To tell Obama he was "independent" to get FBi job.) And was he right or was the Harvard-educated, very smart lawyer Gonzalez right? There may have been a difference of opinion - there often is on legal interpretations. (The sentence "Reasonable men may differ" is used very frequently in legal matters. Think about Supreme Court decisions. There are always dissenting opinions.) If there was a reasonable interpretation by Gonzales that order was constitutional, was it Comey's place to impose his opposite interpretation it wasn't? And f it was supposed to be DoJ determination, did he think Ashcroft was an idiot who needed his intervention? (Ashcroft had appendicitis. Was mentally competent.) This story hasn't come up in context of Hillary investigation, but think about it: Comey putting himself center stage as the hero taking it upon himself to buck the chain of command.

7) The mysterious Valerie Plame affair where Dem. Richard Armitage, Colin Powell's deputy at State, leaked name of Valerie Plame to media, yet somehow Cheney's deputy, Scooter Libby, who did nothing, ended up being prosecuted. Guess who the DoJ official was who picked a close friend of his to be the special prosecutor. Yep, one James Comey.

8) Comey was the DoJ prosecutor who in 2004 allowed former Bill Clinton National Security adviser Sandy Berger to plead guilty to a misdemeanor for stealing classified documents re Clinton Admin out of National Archives and destroying them (documents 911 Comnission wanted in terms of possible Clinton negligence). Comey also limited scope of investigation so it would not get into whether any other member of Admin or Clinton himself had colluded with Berger.

9) Comey has run a politically correct, ineffective organization. If any investigations have been started, there are no reports or prosecutions to finish them. Carter Page came onto their radar screen 3 years ago. And he is still there. No indictment; no clearing him. The so-called "fiercely independent" Comey never investigated Obama Admin scandals like Fast and Furious, the misfeasance at the V.A. or the criminal withholding of tax exemptions by the IRS. Agents could not talk about Islamic terrorism or study Islam or reference the Koran to help them understand what they investigating. If you noticed, when he learned of his termination, he was at a ...diversity conference.

10) The highpoint of Comey's career? He did put Martha Stewart in jail for 6 months!

Imho, Comey is both ineffective and as dirty as they come. (And a drama queen, or as Trump put it, a "show boat.") How did he get a supposed reputation for competence and integrity?

Traderjoe, TRYNEIN and Lt Dan like this.
  28. searcher

FWIW...................

'Watergate size and scale': Senate Intelligence Committee member suggests Trump could be close to impeachment for obstruction of justice after Comey memo as John McCain likens the scandal to Nixon's
    • Senator Angus King commented on CNN that Trump could be closer to the 'impeachment process' if he was found to be obstructing justice
    • Reports on Tuesday claimed Trump told former FBI Director James Comey to drop an investigation into Mike Flynn
    • Trump allegedly told Comey, 'I hope you can let this go,' about the FBI probe into the ex-national security adviser
    • 'If indeed, the president tried to tell the director of the FBI, who worked for him, that he should drop an investigation,' King said, 'that's a very serious matter'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4513322/Senator-says-Trump-moving-impeachment.html#ixzz4hKdy1ua4

29. Scorpio

we all know comey was due to go for all manner of transgressions,

but about all of this:

if tramp did ask comey to drop the flynn thing, is that really a issue as 2 guys are speaking? What is the context of it? If it was where comey stated they were on to something and it needed to be followed up on, and tramp asked him to let go, then I get it, not appropriate at all. Whereas if comey was stating they were following up some leads on flynn and there was nothing concrete, then is it ok for tramp to ask?

It is all about the context and what was really stated. Without proof, there will be no impeachment, and with comey so clearly unreliable, his word against another will be suspect at best, or at least should be.

as for mccain, he has been a traitor for years and years. Tramp called him out on it, and now he is a sworn enemy and will do or say anything to hurt tramp.

30. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Trump should come out nail the leftist globalists and neo-con scum as supporters of ISIS team up with Putin and forget this 3D chess game.

mayhem and the_shootist like this.
  31. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    Alternate comment from Faux this morning (not verified)

- The FBI cleared Flynn prior to the meeting where Trump,supposedly asked Comey to drop things
    - it's supposedly legal jeopardy for Comey to fail to report obstruction when it happens. If so, either Comey didn't feel the comments were obstructive or committed a crime by failing to report

Personally I think it's time for Trump to escalate. He meets with these Demonrat reporters as if they are legit - then they vomit their bias all over the public. Go 100% direct to the people and finish the MSM. Delegitimization process

32. searcher

As to Comey....................I believe he is as crooked as the day is long. But that's just me. There are people who want Trump gone and will use anything they can to accomplish that end.

As to McCain.................He has no business in office but he is. Me..............I think he's a nut job who needs to retire and sail off into the sunset of history.

As to Trump.................Is there a possibility he really doesn't belong where he's at? Think about his pledge to drain the swamp and look at at some of his peeps..................especially Jeff Sessions.

One thing is for sure.............We are in for some interesting days ahead.

Ensoniq and Aurumag like this.
  33. Scorpio

Hey Irons,

silver is up again!

:mining:

Irons likes this.
  34. searcher

In today's rag:

Why Trump must be impeached
    • By Laurence H. Tribe
    • May 16, 2017 Updated 12 hrs ago

The time has come for Congress to launch an impeachment investigation of President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice.

The remedy of impeachment was designed to create a last-resort mechanism for preserving our constitutional system. It operates by removing executive-branch officials who have so abused power through what the framers called "high crimes and misdemeanors" that they cannot be trusted to continue in office.

No American president has ever been removed for such abuses, although Andrew Johnson was impeached and came within a single vote of being convicted by the Senate and removed, and Richard Nixon resigned to avoid that fate.

Now the country is faced with a president whose conduct strongly suggests that he poses a danger to our system of government.

Ample reasons existed to worry about this president, and to ponder the extraordinary remedy of impeachment, even before he fired FBI Director James Comey and shockingly admitted on national television that the action was provoked by the FBI's intensifying investigation into his campaign's ties with Russia.

Even without getting to the bottom of what Trump dismissed as "this Russia thing," impeachable offenses could theoretically have been charged from the outset of this presidency. One important example is Trump's brazen defiance of the foreign emoluments clause, which is designed to prevent foreign powers from pressuring U.S. officials to stray from undivided loyalty to the United States. Political reality made impeachment and removal on that and other grounds seem premature.

No longer. To wait for the results of the multiple investigations underway is to risk tying our nation's fate to the whims of an authoritarian leader.

Comey's summary firing will not stop the inquiry, yet it represented an obvious effort to interfere with a probe involving national security matters vastly more serious than the "third-rate burglary" that Nixon tried to cover up in Watergate. The question of Russian interference in the presidential election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign go to the heart of our system and ability to conduct free and fair elections.

Consider, too, how Trump embroiled Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, despite Sessions' recusal from involvement in the Russia investigation, in preparing admittedly phony justifications for the firing on which Trump had already decided. Consider how Trump used the vice president and White House staff to propagate a set of blatant untruths - before giving an interview to NBC's Lester Holt that exposed his true motivation.

Trump accompanied that confession with self-serving - and manifestly false - assertions about having been assured by Comey that Trump himself was not under investigation. By Trump's own account, he asked Comey about his investigative status even as he was conducting the equivalent of a job interview in which Comey sought to retain his position as director.

Further reporting suggests that the encounter was even more sinister, with Trump insisting that Comey pledge "loyalty" to him in order to retain his job. Publicly saying he saw nothing wrong with demanding such loyalty, the president turned to Twitter with a none-too-subtle threat that Comey would regret any decision to disseminate his version of his conversations with Trump - something that Comey has every right, and indeed a civic duty, to do.

To say that this does not in itself rise to the level of "obstruction of justice" is to empty that concept of all meaning. Obstruction of justice was the first count in the articles of impeachment against Nixon and, years later, a countagainst Bill Clinton. In Clinton's case, the ostensible obstruction consisted solely in lying under oath about a sordid sexual affair that may have sullied the Oval Office but involved no abuse of presidential power as such.

But in Nixon's case, the list of actions that together were deemed to constitute impeachable obstruction reads like a forecast of what Trump would do decades later - making misleading statements to, or withholding material evidence from, federal investigators or other federal employees; trying to interfere with FBI or congressional investigations; trying to break through the FBI's shield surrounding ongoing criminal investigations; dangling carrots in front of people who might otherwise pose trouble for one's hold on power.

It will require serious commitment to constitutional principle, and courageous willingness to put devotion to the national interest above self- interest and party loyalty, for a Congress of the president's own party to initiate an impeachment inquiry. It would be a terrible shame if only the mounting prospect of being voted out of office in November 2018 would sufficiently concentrate the minds of representatives and senators today.

But whether it is devotion to principle or hunger for political survival that puts the prospect of impeachment and removal on the table, the crucial thing is that the prospect now be taken seriously, that the machinery of removal be reactivated, and that the need to use it become the focus of political discourse going into 2018.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Laurence H. Tribe is Carl M. Loeb University Professor and Professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard Law School.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_37380945-d0a0-589a-ac28-16410e418f1f.html

35. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    It's not going to happen snowflakes. The word impeachment is the last best hope the Dims have for trying to get their people back in power and it simply won't work. I laugh at their tears and I chuckle at their pain and frustration.

Pass me another beer, would ya?

36. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    The senior senator from Arizona is acting a bit too senior lately

the_shootist, searcher and Lt Dan like this.
  37. searcher

As The White House Turns...................

Phone calls, dinner, and an awkward HUG: How fired FBI director James Comey was 'unsettled' by interactions with Trump and was left 'disgusted' after embrace from President at ceremony
    • Donald Trump tried to cozy up to fired FBI director James Comey, according to the fired FBI director's friend Benjamin Wittes
    • Comey, who was dramatically fired last week, kept a paper trail documenting his interactions with the president
    • During a ceremony on January 22, Trump gave Comey a special shout out and went in for a hug, which the FBI director did not reciprocate, Witte said
    • On another occasion, Trump called Comey to ask when the feds were going to spread the news that he was not personally under investigation
    • Comey had to tell Trump to follow Justice Department guidelines, which bars conversations with the White House about active criminal investigations
    • Trump also tried to get Comey to take a pledge of loyalty, and later asked him to drop the investigation into disgraced National Security Advisor Michael Flynn

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521040/Comey-unsettled-Trump-s-attempts-win-over.html#ixzz4hWHiuoh6

38. Irons

Better hurry and take that 26 cent profit while the gettin's good! Silver, mmmmmm, riches!

Scorpio likes this.
  39. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

Comey “Friend”, Benjamin Wittes, Outs Himself As Source for New York Times “Comey Memo” Storyline…

Long time CTH readers will note we extended well over a year of benefit-of-the-doubt to the motives of former FBI Director James Comey with regard to the severity of his politicized nature and disposition. Throughout the entire Clinton investigation we remained ambivalent to Comey’s motives.

Indeed it wasn’t until after the Pulse nightclub terrorist attack when Comey obtusely noted the FBI had been contacted (prior to the attack) about the sketchy behavior of Omar Mateen by a ‘random concerned citizen’ -and our finding that the actual ‘citizen’ was the far more substantive St Lucie county sheriff Ken Mascara– that we recognized how far Comey was willing to go to save his political face.

[​IMG]

Yesterday, a friend of James Comey by the name of Benjamin Wittes, editor and writer for lawfare blog, now steps out and admits he was one of the primary sources for the New York Times Comey Memo article (Michael Schmidt); and in so doing outlines the severity of the political nature of the former FBI Director:

[…] I called Schmidt Friday morning after reading his earlier story, which ran the previous evening, about Comey’s dinner with President Trump and the President’s demands at that dinner for a vow of loyalty.

[​IMG]

[…] I did this interview on the record because the President that morning was already issuing threatening tweets suggesting that Comey was leaking things, and I didn’t want any room for misunderstanding that any kind of leak had taken place with respect to the information I was providing.

[…] I insisted that Schmidt record the conversation and give me a copy of the recording, so that we had a good record of what was said.

[…] Comey understood Trump’s people as having neither knowledge of nor respect for the independence of the law enforcement function. And he saw it as an ongoing task on his part to protect the rest of the Bureau from improper contacts and interferences from a group of people he did not regard as honorable.

This was a general preoccupation of Comey’s in the months he and Trump overlapped—and the difference between this relationship and his regard for Obama (which was deep) was profound and palpable. (read full article)

The gist of Benjamin Wittes outline is that he interpreted his friend -the magnanimous harbinger of truth, justice and the American way- James Comey, as expressing a feeling of undue potential influence by horrible Trump that Comey did not feel with the more well regarded Obama. etc. etc. {insert pearl-clutching/couch-fainting violin music here}

Except there’s a problem.

Not only did FBI Director James Comey testify to congress that neither President Trump nor President Obama ever attempt interference; but there are earlier media reports which outlined President Obama’s administration specifically interfering with an investigative intention of FBI Director Comey (emphasis mine):

March 29th 2017 – Newsweek: FBI Director James Comey attempted to go public as early as the summer of 2016 with information on Russia’s campaign to influence the U.S. presidential election, but Obama administration officials blocked him from doing so, two sources with knowledge of the matter tell Newsweek.

[…] the source with knowledge of Comey’s request says that the FBI director wanted the Russian interference made public earlier and that it was a sluggish White House that denied Comey and delayed the announcement. “The White House shut it down,” that source says. “They did their usual—nothing.” Both sources spoke to Newsweek on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to the press. (link)

Funny how FBI Director James Comey, as relayed by his good friend Benjamin Wittes, was concerned about Trump’s potential innuendo of influence, but Director Comey was perfectly okay with Obama’s specific interference to block Comey’s intended investigative action.

Additionally, the New York Times and Washington Post feeder pools are writing articles based on the hearsay recollections of Mr. Comey’s good friend Mr. Wittes. Those feeder stories are fueling second, third, fourth toward infinity level rehashes and revisions of the same structured woe-is-Jim narrative.

When journalists write articles based on media reports of media reports, the concentric circles of self-serving sanctimony expand toward the infinite horizon of nothingness.

Personally, I hope Benjamin Wittes keeps writing on behalf of, and with full approval of, his good friend James Comey. We are bound to find out much more about how severe the former FBI director was willing to go in advancement of his political objectives. After all…

[…] “This was a general preoccupation of Comey’s in the months he and Trump overlapped—and the difference between this relationship and his regard for Obama (which was deep) was profound and palpable”…
    [​IMG]

Remember what we previously said about “motives“?
    All of the daily accusations against Trump, as presented by his political opposition and media, are based on the false premise that President Trump is carrying a malicious intent and self-interest.

His political opposition seem to miss this structural flaw in their argument because they are not familiar with facing a political opponent who is absent of career self-interest, influence or power.

The factual reality that Trump harbors no malicious disposition, evidences itself, and inevitably means all the attacks go nowhere. In every single manufactured media controversy President Trump is inherently never in a position where he is personally gaining from the details within the controversy du jour.

[…] Political Trump uses this “intent” and “motive” approach to draw attention to his opponents, and it is structurally successful because the opposition is, FACTUALLY, always holding a motive.

When political Trump gets to the point where he’s ready to crush his opposition he simply points out their obvious motive and intent; it becomes common sense for the observing public to see it. Trump’s opposition cannot do the same. (more)

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...urce-for-new-york-times-comey-memo-storyline/

Lt Dan and Irons like this.
  40. Irons

The deep state and the left are past fear and into frantic panic. I am beginning to wonder what these people are so afraid of coming out.
    Their 100% investment in their media to create a false narrative is one hell of a risky move, IMO. It's going to fail.
    Trump supporters are dug in and are even more supportive than they were at the time of the election. It's well beyond republican verses democrat it is now fully We the People and President Trump against the swamp. The deep state and the left have absolutely no idea how to fight this except endless, baseless attacks. Those will continue to fail.
    Conservatives are turning their teevee "news" shows off and not looking back. People are waking up!

Good times folks!.

Lt Dan and Glasgow like this.