1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Crooks, Cons & Connivers In The Automotive Industry

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by searcher, Feb 10, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Dealing With Some Ford Dealers - Capital Ford - Rocky Mount - Gaudin Ford - Las Vegas Nevada
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jun 29, 2017
    This video details our worst experience with a ford dealer in all the years we have been in business. Thankfully, there are some ford dealerships, along with their employees, will go out of their way to make the customer happy.

2. searcher

Thank You To Leith Lincoln In Raleigh NC & Gaudin Ford In Las Vegas NV
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jun 29, 2017
    Dealing with dealerships can sometimes be a pain in the neck, so if you find one that treats you fair, be sure stick with that dealership and not venture around, you may not like what you find. This is a special THANKS YOU to Leith lincoln in Raleigh, North Carolina for getting us a replacement expansion tank, but never forgetting about Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas, Nevada for helping us out the best they can.

3. searcher

Dominos Pizza, Where Are My Toppings!? COMPLETE RIPOFF!
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jun 30, 2017
    Today we ordered some dominos pizza from the Sharpsburg, NC store, to have while watching some Batman movies. We wanted to see if they would skimp on the toppings like they have since the previous manager Patrick left the store, and sure enough, THEY DID!

4. searcher

1989 Mercedes Benz 260E - Exhaust System Falling Out - BEWARE OF EXHAUST SHOPS!
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jun 27, 2017
    Video on checking a 1989 mercedes benz 260e where the exhaust system had broken and is falling out of the car

5. searcher

Patreon And GoFundMe Scammers On YouTube!
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jun 26, 2017
    YouTube video on letting people know that some users of patreon and gofundme scam people out of money using youtube.

6. searcher

Used Subaru Buyer's Guide
    MrSubaru1387

Published on Jul 9, 2017
    General overview of things to look out for when shopping for a used Subaru.

Please Like, Comment, and Share. Be sure to subscribe for future videos.

-----I assume no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. I recommend safe practices when working with power tools, automotive lifts, lifting tools, jack stands, electrical equipment, blunt instruments, chemicals, lubricants, or any other tools or equipment seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond my control, no information contained in this video shall create any express or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not myself.-----

7. dacrunch

dacrunch Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Just talked to a trucker friend. A colleague of his had a dead battery, so he went to help him with a set of jumper cables.
    Attached them to his battery, left the engine running while his friend started his truck, then removed the jumper cables.
    And to his dismay, even though the truck still could run, all his "accessories" were dead. The power windows wouldn't come up, the headlights and blinkers wouldn't work, etc. So his friend followed him back to the dispatch office (to avoid getting crashed into)... and they called the techs.
    Tech shows up, and finds a little fuse that had to be changed. Turns out that it's "built-in surge protection security" baloney...
    So you can't hook the jumper cables directly onto the battery, but under the hood there's a special bolt/rod to hook the red (hot) cable to, and the other to the frame, in case you need to jump-start somebody. So, just a "heads up" on "new technology".
    Makes you want to stay with "old tech"...

gringott and searcher like this.
  8. searcher

⭐Hit From Behind With NO INSURANCE, Geico Car Insurance!
    ⭐ Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Aug 27, 2017
    On August 12th, we were rear ended by a 2006 honda accord, whilst we were standing still. Come to find out, the owner of the vehicle had no insurance, and we have Geico, find out what happens next!

9. searcher

The Future Of Repossession Is Now - Welcome The RepoDrone - 09/03/2017
    RepoNut

Published on Sep 3, 2017
    In this video you will see parts of a new segment called the Repo News that I plan to start bringing to viewers from all over the country.

Showing how this industry is in serious need of reform and compliancy.

I also plan to do Repo Fails as well so stay tuned for this new RepoNut 360 series.

Also in this episode I am introducing my concept of utilizing cutting edge technology to revolutionize the auto recovery industry. . How I wanted to use footage never before available to consumers in my repo videos such as this.

I have not given up on this dream and it will become a reality if I have anything to say about it.

Another RepoNut first - Welcome The Repo Drone Concept

Also stay till the end where I announce a special offer on my two eBooks out now.

10. searcher

⭐ DIRTBAG MECHANICS - Getting Ripped Off By Mechanics - REAL TALK
    ⭐ Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Dec 3, 2017
    In this episode of real talk, we discuss mechanics in the field that rip people off for jobs that were not done, done incorrectly, or done and broke things, and in the end, the customer paid for it all.

11. searcher

How some Auto Shops make MONEY!!
    Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics

Published on Dec 19, 2017
    A family friend asked me for a second opinion on an estimate that she got from a local auto repair shop to fix a leaky washer tank on her 2009 Honda CRV.

Let's do some research, call up the shop, and get some more details...

YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Enjoy!
    Ivan

12. searcher

⭐ WOW!!! Precision Tune Tried To RIP-OFF Our Customer!!
    ⭐ Astral Auto Repairs

Published on Jan 2, 2018
    One of our customers took her 2008 infiniti qx56 to get an oil change at precision tune in rocky mount. Here is the results of that oil change

13. searcher

Big Brother is tracking you: Car companies monitor drivers' habits such as speed and destination using technology included in their vehicles
    • Car companies are able to trace driver habits such as speed and destination
    • Such companies say they only do so with the car owner's consent but such an agreement can be buried within a buyer's contract
    • Some experts worry that the amount and type of data that car companies can glean may constitute a breach of privacy
    • Companies and third parties that use the data insist they use information for altruistic purposes such as alleviating traffic

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5277443/Car-companies-track-vehicle-technology.html#ixzz54RLKDwxS
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

14. searcher

Volkswagen ‘rigged gas experiment with monkeys to show its diesel-powered Beetle produced safe level of emissions’
    • Volkswagen Beetle used for testing was allegedly rigged to produce false data
    • Experiment involved exposing 10 monkeys to emissions produce by the vehicle
    • Details of the 2014 test were revealed during a lawsuit in the US against the firm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5319259/Volkswagen-rigged-gas-experiment-monkeys.html#ixzz55PAGoSEf
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

15. searcher

2018 Volkswagen MonkeyGate Scandal: What were they thinking?
    AutoExpertTV

Published on Jan 27, 2018
    What is it with these Volkswagen arseholes and poison gas? This time they’re torturing monkeys.

The following headline jumped right out at me:

“VW apologises for fumes tests on monkeys”

The New York Times broke the story. It’s shocking.

American Volkswagen arseholes in Albuquerque, New Mexico, locked 10 monkeys in airtight gas chambers and gave them cartoons to watch (to entertain them) while they were force-fed the exhaust from a diesel Volkswagen Beetle.

In case you are not a casual observer of 21st Century history, let’s detain ourselves.

Adolf Hitler was chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945. Most people remember Hitler for his other accomplishments, but he was also the driving force behind the establishment of Volkswagen from about 1934.

Hitler was a bit of a multi-tasker, unfortunately, also a genocidal maniac and (effectively) CEO of the final solution - the systematic execution of six million Jews.

In a sense, Hitler was not entirely discriminatory - his homicidal mania extended to homosexuals, prisoners of war (he killed about 3 million Soviet POWs). He also mass murdered the disabled, people from other religions, and trade unionists.

Hiller’s legacy is less Volkswagen and more the extermination of 11 million people. He makes Osama bin Laden look like an amateur. Hitler is most passionately despised, I think, for the gas chambers - a kind of mass production facility where the end product is dead people.

The gas du jour was Zyklon B - a kind of sexed-up hydrogen cyanide that disrupts cellular metabolism and kills you, pretty efficiently. 70 milligrams is enough to kill a person in about two minutes.

Hitler killed about one million people this way - a not insignificant proportion of the total.

I mention this because even today - seven decades later - you’d expect Volkswagen to be vestigially sensitive about conduct related to gas or gas chambers. The fact that they apparently are not is another brick in the wall highlighting Volkswagen’s absent moral compass.

The balance of probability explanation for green-lighting this black 'monkey' experiment is: Money. A well-financed attempt to produce seemingly academic research, the goal of which would be to influence political debate and preserve tax privileges for diesel fuel and diesel cars.

When the new Volkswagen Polo is launched in 37 days, grab a brochure and look for the references to monkey torture. Probably omitted.

My strong advice: Go and stand on the showroom floor. Look around, and tell yourself one of the things that made this possible is 10 monkeys being tortured at a Volkswagen black site lab, and the boardroom culture that approved it.

In response to this disgraceful practise being exposed, Volkswagen said:

“We are convinced that the scientific methods chosen at the time were wrong. It would have been better to forgo such a test from the very beginning.”

I guess even the monkeys would agree with that, broadly. They’d probably couch it in different terms. Volkswagen also said:

“We ask forgiveness for this bad behaviour and for the poor judgment of some individuals.”

That’s very clever - dressing up the preparation of a scapegoat in the form of a public apology. Like: ‘Hey, it wasn’t us. It was a rogue element.’ Frankly, they don’t seem too upset about it. Not authentically contrite. I’m not getting that bona-fide sense of remorse.

Here in ‘Straya, animal cruelty is a criminal offence and the penalties vary by jurisdiction. The most severe occur in Queensland where the maximum fine is almost $1.2 million for a corporation. And the maximum custodial sentence is seven years.

I’m pretty sure having 10 monkeys in gas chambers, sucking exhaust in your garage at home would qualify. I’m uncertain how much mitigation the court would entertain when you tell them:

“But your worship, we let them watch Looney Tunes.”

I’ll leave you with this: Recidivism is real. Hypothetically, if you rape someone’s sister, and apologise, barely, and get a slap on the wrist, and then you rape someone else’s sister and apologise … there’s a point at which I probably should not let you go on a date with my sister.

Society has built a box for people who do this, over and over, so that they don’t get to interact with anyone else’s sister. That seems fair.
    For individuals, the box is in place - perhaps imperfectly, but in place. For carmakers, however, there is no real penalty for this type of conduct.

They apologise, they pay a fine that sounds big but really isn’t, they might sacrifice a scapegoat, but the move on … and rape someone else’s sister.

So if you don’t mind, I’ll keep Volkswagen on my ‘don’t buy’ list. If they’re prepared to go 100 per cent ‘Third Reich’ on 10 monkeys in perspex gas chambers in Albuquerque, I don’t recommend doing business with them. Ultimately, voting with your feet is the only thing they understand.

16. searcher

2018 VW Polo -Vs- Choosing the right new car | Auto Expert John Cadogan
    AutoExpertTV

Published on Jan 27, 2018
    Far too many people go to a carmaker website … or, worse, to a dealership and actually seek advice. And what you get fed, often, instead of the facts, is a bullshit sandwich.

Here in 'Straya, 38 days before the official spawning of the new Polo, those criminal motherlovers at Volkswagen issued an attack on reason and rational thought, by way of a particularly spammy e-mail, to prick-tease the new Polo.

Carmakers are not trying to inform you impartially. They’re trying to convert you. To greet you, and gut you, and get rid of you, so they can greet and gut someone else like you.

MORE THAN A CAR
    Really? More than a car? That’s like me saying this repport is more than a YouTube video. What is this ‘more’ that I get, allegedly, when I procure a new Polo in some marketing-assisted orgasmic frenzy of consumer delight?

I’d suggest that the new Polo will probably be many things - principally among them unreliable, badly supported, beautiful and fun to drive - but the one thing that is ontologically unambiguous is that it is just a car.

Volkswagen also says:

IT'S GOT YOUR BACK
    Volkswagen’s intelligence-insulting marketing spam says the Polo has your back by virtue of its (quote) “Front Assist, City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring”. Unfortunately, all these threats come from the front.

If you make the mistake of clicking on this nauseating marketing crap, you’ll be told all about the radar sensor and autonomous emergency braking for vehicles and pedestrians. But there’s no mention of adaptive cruise control, despite the radar hardware.

And this is what makes it so hard for consumers who attempt to form a balanced view on a prospective new car by visiting the manufacturer’s website. Manufacturers all lie by omission - features that the car lacks are never mentioned. Obviously they’re not in the business of highlighting a single reason not to buy.

But this is important to you, right? A core part of the decision is identifying the features you want, which the car lacks. If you know what those features are, perhaps it’s easier. But plenty of people don’t - if you’re a car nut, yeah, you get it. But if you’re in the majority (and most people are not car enthusiasts) these things might all be Rumsfeldian ‘unknown unknowns’ - and that’s very hard to accommodate.

This places a huge, additional burden upon you. It’s very easy to digest what is said or written, explicitly - and it’s not all that hard to parse all this through your ‘bullshit filter’. But it requires a whole different level of automotive familiarity to pick up the things that are not mentioned along the way.

Carmakers even have a team of lawyers to ensure that the statements made come with appropriate disclaimers and caveats, so that they walk up to the line of consumer law compliance, without technically crossing over. It’s an unbalanced environment for the acquisition of information.

BETTER THAN EYES IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD
    Really? The new Polo is better than eyes in the back of your head? I mean, eyes in the back of your head would be awesome.

I guess in a sense it might be hard to assess this - I mean, eyes in the back of the head aren’t a homo sapiens optional accessory … yet.
    But on balance, I think most people would agree eyes in the back of your head would be better than optional blind spot monitoring in a new Polo.

Why is it apparently increasingly a prerequisite of marketing bullshit, to talk up products by making statements that are completely irrational and logically indefensible? Do they wish to sell the new Polo only to the intellectually retarded? To people with no regard for reason?

What would be wrong with orbiting just a little closer to the truth?

In my view, you have to wonder about any company that takes a decision to lie so explicitly, so many times, so publicly, so often. All carmakers lie by omission in their marketing, but the Volkswagen Group is a distinctive beacon of dishonesty - this practise is encoded so deep into its DNA.

In any case, regardless of the car or cars you’re considering buying - you must be entirely careful about conflating research with visiting a dealership and/or a carmaker website. These resources are not designed to deliver balanced information or give you insight into the big picture.

If you look at the clock on the wall in these places, it’s always the same time: ‘bullshit o’clock’. I hate that.

17. searcher

The Truth About Volkswagen Monkey Exhaust Experiments
    AutoExpertTV

Published on Jan 30, 2018
    MonkeyGate 2.0 - this time, with even more spanking. And who’s really responsible? That’s next.

Let’s get right into it now, with Bill Tran:

"Not trying to let VW off the hook but it appears that this ‘study’ was conducted by an independent laboratory commissioned by VW, Daimler, BMW and Bosch. For all the shit committed by VW, in this case they shouldn’t be solely to blame."

Many of you brought this up after my initial report, two days ago. Link to that at the end of this video. Thank you for commenting… we do need to address BMW and Daimler.

All three companies were complicit in MonkeyGate - but the key questions are: exactly what did they do, and what did they know? The German big three funded an independent quasi-research agency, which commissioned the Monkeygate tests, and Volkswagen certainly knew what was happening. The other two - maybe not.

The Washington Post says:

“Daimler and BMW said they had no knowledge of the Volkswagen-led study.”

But The Guardian says a group of industry observers claim:
    "...the experiments had been well-documented and the results presented to managers at BMW, Daimler and VW."

I’d suggest denying you knew is a very dangerous card to play in the domain of damage control - if you are in fact guilty of knowing. Eventually the truth comes out.

If you’re Mercedes-Benz or BMW, and you knew about MonkeyGate, when it happened, you can say you are shocked, you might be able to claim you didn’t give it the green light. You can say animal cruelty is abhorrent to you. But denying it (if you knew) is just stupid.

Big secrets don’t withstand scrutiny. It’ll just be Monica Lewinsky all over again, in a sense, playing another rousing chorus of ‘oh say can you see’ on the pink presidential flute.

The New York Times said:

“Volkswagen took a lead role in the study.”

This story blew up as a result of revelations from a lawsuit against Volkswagen - so the reports you read are based on admissible evidence and statements made under oath. There’s no debate about whether the monkey tests happened.

This is from Reuters:

Volkswagen said that some staff members, whom it did not identify, including some in its legal department, at the VW brand’s technical development division and at Volkswagen of America, were aware of the tests at the time.

On the balance of probabilities - we know that Volkswagen knew the monkeys were being gassed in the name of bullshit spin. No definitive word on the other two - but likely.

We know that several years ago, Volkswagen, BMW and Mercedes-Benz colluded with the intention of gaming the system. Bosch was in it too, but they dropped out before MonkeyGate. You could call this activity ‘lobbying’, but that makes it sound far too clean. They actually set up an authoritative-sounding fake research agency designed to produce quasi-scientific bullshit propaganda.

It was called the EUGT, from the German expression for European Research Group on Environment and Health in the Transport Sector. Let’s just say they weren’t in it for the altruistic pursuit of science. Quite the opposite.

It was all about influencing regulators and pumping up the profit. They went ahead and built a mini-monkey Auschwitz, and fired it up, apparently without a care in the world. It’s contemptible.

There was nothing probative to learn from this depraved activity. Human health was not investigated. This was just about propaganda - like the tobacco industry doing so-called ‘research’ on cigarette smoke. Therefore it was unethical and abhorrent.

Real scientists wouldn’t touch the monkey experiment, which was so spectacularly dodgy they couldn’t even get it published.

18. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

[​IMG]

searcher likes this.
  19. searcher

Published on Feb 18, 2018
    Jeep recently earned the opprobrium of piscatorial protectors in ‘Murica following an ad, which screened during the recent Superbowl, depicting a Wrangler driving through a creek and then up a waterfall.

President and CEO of Trout Unlimited (I’m not making this up) Chris Wood, set the volume to 13 and claimed the Jeep Superbowl ad glorified the destruction of nature to appeal to off-road thrillseekers. (Those bastards.) He’s pictured in the video with a trout he murdered recently.

“Why someone would want to put out the idea that you should buy a Jeep so you could drive it up a creek is incomprehensible to me.”

Trout Unlimited is of course dedicated to the noble pursuit of protecting cold water fisheries so that we humans can yank trout out of the water by stabbing them in the face with a covert steel hook and suffocating them in violent, brutal agony so we can eat them for fun and profit, for generations to come. A noble cause.

Mr Wood raised a formal letter of indignation and presented same to the top dog of Fiat Chrysler, Big Serge. Told him in no uncertain terms how utterly outraged the legions of loyal Trout Unlimited cult members betwixt Maine and Alaska actually were. Doubtless, many of them had never even seen the ad.

The ad was actually filmed on a manmade lake fed by a manmade waterfall, on private land. No word yet on the temperature of the water.

Hopefully you’re finding at least part of this report offensive. I know I am. Here’s a broader question for you: Do you prefer to risk being offended, or do you actually want content that is so impossibly sanitised that nobody could be offended by it?

I’m wondering: Is it better to be offended and unsubscribe than never to have subscribed at all?

I want you to know I tried being totally inoffensive once. I really tried. And it was bloody hard. Plus, afterwards, I felt compelled to go out and get my vagina waxed - and at that moment I vowed ‘never again’. Because it really hurt.

In my view - for freedom of speech to function, and to foster lively debate - everything about the human condition, including age, race, religion, diet, sexuality, even your choice of car - everything is up for grabs.

If you can have hetero jokes, for example, you can certainly have homo jokes. If ‘hetero’ is not a slur, then ‘homo’ certainly isn’t. It’s called equality.

So don’t even speak to me about inoffensive humour. It’s all offensive, to someone, if only to the chicken who stupidly keeps dicing with death.

I’m the wrong person to complain to here. A fat, bald, middle-aged, white man, and an atheist in a western democracy. Do you even hear the shit that gets said about us routinely, in the public domain?

No other group in society would tolerate that crap, not without marching in the street. So don’t waste my time with your bullshit politically correct fake outrage.

20. searcher

Jeep Wrangler Fake Ad Quickie (ver 2.0, by request) | Auto Expert John Cadogan | Australia
    AutoExpertTV

Published on Feb 19, 2018
    I’m John Cadogan from AutoExpert.com.au, the place where Aussie new car buyers save thousands off their next new cars. Hit me up on the website for that.

This very brief video is inspired by a delightfully refined, cultured young lady, whom I have met, several times, memorably, named Connie C, who reached out and touched me last night, via Facebook:

“After a long and stressful day some of your lusting followers may just want a quickie from you. Could you pull out that big beautiful fake Jeep ad of yours and give it to us hard and fast without all the romance and foreplay? Ultimate satisfaction can sometimes be achieved for some in as little as 3 mins especially if you don't hold back knowing that someone else will be watching…”

You know I’m on board with all that, in principle. But I just don’t get some chicks - they start out demanding a quickie, and then they expect three minutes. Is it that hard to be clear about what you really want, up front?

Look, because I respect you, Connie, deep down, and because your message appealed to my [LOOK DOWN] baser instincts, and there’s nothing I like more than a tired, emotional woman who is also gagging for it, apparently, prepare to be satisfied for three whole minutes. Or a quickie:

There: Do you feel better now? I know I do. But I know I’ll want it again tomorrow. Inevitably. A living hell. In the immortal words of the 20th Century’s hardest-rockin’ social philosophising lips:
    “When I’m drivin’ in my car and the man comes on the radio, he’s tellin’ me more and more about some useless information, supposed to fire my imagination…

“...when I’m ridin’ round the world and I’m doin’ this and I’m signin’ that and I’m tryin’ to make some girl, who tells me serve me up another quickie maybe next week, can’t you see my Jeep’s stuck up Schitt Creek…”

Satisfaction can be elusive, across so many domains, but at least Connie is resting peacefully now. As can you if you subscribe now now, and hit the notification/bell button as you say good night. It’s the least you can do after this tawdry booty call of a video. I’m John Cadogan. Thanks for watching.