1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Sports News, Views & Commentary

Discussion in 'Golf, Football, and all Ball sports' started by searcher, Jul 17, 2016.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Tiger Woods may never make successful comeback, says former PGA Tour winner Brandel Chamblee
    • Tiger Woods planned comeback at the Safeway Open in Napa if off
    • Former world No 1 confirmed his game is 'vulnerable' and he is 'not ready'
    • He plans to play at his foundation's Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas
    • Woods hasn't won on the PGA Tour since the Bridgestone Invitational 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3831679/Tiger-Woods-never-make-successful-comeback-says-former-PGA-Tour-winner-Brandel-Chamblee.html#ixzz4Mn3FCael
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. searcher

The Biggest Moments of Tiger Woods' Career | Golf Digest
    Golf Digest

Published on Oct 11, 2016
    Golf Digest takes a look back at the highlights of Tiger Woods' career from his first mention in 1981 at the age of five to the present day.

3. searcher

Seve’s Best Shot: European Masters 1993 – Dave Cannon
    Golfing World

Published on Oct 15, 2016
    Getty Images golf photographer Dave Cannon looks back at Seve Ballesteros' miracle shot at the European Masters in 1993, a shot which was captured by him and him alone

4. searcher

5. searcher

6. searcher

7. searcher

8. searcher

9. searcher

10. searcher

11. searcher

Alex Noren shot a 2 under par 69 to win the 2016 British Masters (full highlights)
    Golf News 360

Published on Oct 17, 2016
    British Masters 2016: Alex Noren stays out of reach to claim victory and break into world top 20

Noren finished ahead of Bernd Wiesberger and Lee Westwood to claim the £500,000 prize money and a ticket to next year's Masters at Augusta

Sweden's Alex Noren moved into the world's top 20 after holding his nerve to claim a remarkable third victory in his last eight events at the British Masters.

Noren carded a final round of 69 at The Grove to finish 18 under par and two shots ahead of Austria's Bernd Wiesberger, with Lee Westwood a stroke further back in third.

Ranked 110th in the world after missing the cut in the Irish Open in May, Noren will be 18th in Monday's updated standings after adding Sunday's triumph - and the first prize of £500,000 - to victories in the Scottish Open and European Masters.

"It's very unreal," said the 34-year-old, who only played two events in 2014 due to career-threatening wrist injuries. "I never thought about this going into this season.
    "I just worked quite hard and sometimes you get lucky like this. You have to hit the right shots at the right times and I'm very happy.

"I believe in myself, but the big thing is you don't have to play a perfect game. Just a few parts of your game need to be strong to get a win and I try to stay humble. I know golf is a tough game."

Noren, whose win made certain of a Masters debut at Augusta next April, took a three-shot lead into the final round and birdied the first two holes, only for playing partner Richard Bland to do likewise.
    Bland's bogey on the seventh left Noren four clear, but the Monaco-based Swede then bogeyed the eighth as Bland holed from 50 feet across the green for an unlikely birdie.

Noren's lead was down to a single shot when he bogeyed the 11th and Wiesberger briefly joined Noren in top spot with a birdie on the par-five 15th, only for Noren to do likewise in the group behind.

With Wiesberger unable to birdie the par-five 18th Noren only needed a par to win, but a superb pitch to two feet set up a closing birdie.

"Unfortunately this was not quite my week on the greens, but to finish well in a strong field like this helps going into the final couple of events this year," Wiesberger said.

"I would have loved to squeeze another birdie in there, give him something to think about coming up the last. But I'm still very happy with my performance."
    Westwood feels he let down good friend and Ryder Cup captain Darren Clarke after failing to win any of his three matches as Europe suffered their heaviest defeat for 35 years at Hazeltine.

The 43-year-old then missed the cut in last week's Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, thanks largely to a second round of 82, but a closing 67 was enough to secure his best result since finishing runner-up to Danny Willett in the Masters.

"Obviously I think everybody was disappointed with the Ryder Cup and the Dunhill was a bit of a relapse from that, really," said Westwood, who will take over from Luke Donald as tournament host next year, with Close House in Northumberland expected to be the venue.

"This week everything was back together again so I'm looking forward to the end of the season and to some big events coming up.

"I'm really looking forward to the World Cup at the end of the year with Danny because I've never played in it before and it's on one of the best golf courses in the world, Kingston Heath."
    Bland, who was seeking a first European Tour title at the 395th attempt, dropped shots on the 16th and 17th and had to settle for a five-way tie for fourth alongside Graeme McDowell, Alexander Levy, Peter Hanson and Tommy Fleetwood.

The 43-year-old has now recorded seven top-10 finishes in by far the best season of his career, but said: "It's tough. I thought with six holes to play it was anybody's.

"I thought I hit a good shot at 16 and it just hit the wind a little bit and then I hit a poor chip. I didn't think I hit that poor a tee shot at 17 and you couldn't put it in a worse place. It's tough but I'll keep trying.

"I've got the WGC-HSBC Champions event now and if someone had offered me that at the start of the year, I'd have probably laughed at them."

12. searcher

Have they reversed the curse? Chicago Cubs defeat the Los Angeles Dodgers to advance to the team's first World Series since 1945
    • Chicago Cubs are on their way to the team's first World Series since 1945
    • Defeated the Los Angeles Dodges on Saturday night with 5-0 victory
    • If the Cubs win the World Series it will be the team's first title since 1908
    • More than 42,000 people crammed into Chicago's Wrigley Field to watch
    • The Cubs will take on the Cleveland Indians, who haven't won since 1948
    • The first game of the World Series will be played in Cleveland on Tuesday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3863546/Cubs-beat-Dodgers-5-0-reach-1st-World-Series-1945.html#ixzz4NtiKAF2m

13. searcher

Tiger Woods says he’ll return at 2016 Hero World Challenge
    Golf News 360

Published on Oct 23, 2016
    Tiger Woods says he’s ready to return to golf. … Again.

Ok, so we’ve heard this one before from Tiger Woods. But maybe his comeback really will transpire in December at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas.

During an appearance with Stephen Colbert on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Woods said he intends to return to golf for the Hero World Challenge.

“I’ll be there,” Woods said. “I’m playing.”

The news is somewhat expected after Woods withdrew from the Safeway Open and the Turkish Airlines due to his game not being where he wanted it. Woods said earlier this week in an interview with Charlie Rose of PBS he was “hoping to return in December.”

Woods said his game is coming along and he can shoot low scores at home, but it’s not to the point where he feels confident he could post 63s and 64s in tournament play yet.

Woods’ interview with Colbert was highly entertaining as the two covered topics like Woods’ fascination with playing Call of Duty during his time off with injuries, and the time he was almost deemed ineligible to play college golf because Arnold Palmer bought him a steak lunch.
    He also lent us some insight into presidents he has played golf with and how they play:

George H.W. Bush: Fast

Bill Clinton: Lots of cuts

Obama: Straight

The kicker came when Colbert asked Woods about Trump.

“You said presidents,” Woods quipped.

14. searcher

15. searcher

16. searcher

17. searcher

18. searcher

19. searcher

WGC-HSBC Champions preview featuring Russell Knox and Kevin Kisner
    Golfing World

Published on Oct 26, 2016
    We look ahead to the return of the WGC-HSBC Champions this week at Sheshan International, an event which was won in dramatic fashion last year by Scotland's Russell Knox

20. searcher

Hundreds protest against Cleveland Indians' red-skinned Chief Wahoo logo as the team falls to the Chicago Cubs in Game two of the World Series
    • Native American groups are protesting against the Cleveland Indians' logo at the World Series
    • The Indians' logo features the red, grinning face of Chief Wahoo which has been compared to the racist 'blackface' images of black people
    • The team has used the controversial logo since the 1948 World Series
    • But Native American activists have called the image a 'symbol of genocide' and called for the team to change it and their name
    • Cleveland American Indian Movement also called for people to protest against the mascot at the game
    • Team owner Paul Dolan recently said the team's main logo would be a 'C'
    • But team has still chosen to wear uniforms sporting the Wahoo face
    • Protests are expected to continue as Cleveland returns to the World Series for the first time in 19 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3876942/Outrage-Cleveland-Indians-Red-Skinned-Chief-Wahoo-Logo-thing-despite-world-series-fun.html#ixzz4OIQYEOsv

21. searcher

22. searcher

Is the Cubs curse back? Famous fans watch as Chicago team falls 3-1 to the Indians in their historic battle to win the World Series
    • The Cleveland Indians moved within one victory of clinching the World Series with a 7-2 rout of the Chicago Cubs on Saturday
    • It gave them a 3-1 lead in the best-of-seven Fall Classic
    • The Cubs are appearing in the World Series for the first time in 71 years and looking for their first title since 1908
    • Several famous Cubs fans were in attendance for the sports event
    • Vince Vaughn was the guest conductor for Take Me Out to the Ball Game during the seventh-inning stretch of Game Four
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm actor Jeff Garlin was also in Chicago

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3886500/Baseball-Indians-win-Series-title-rout-Cubs.html#ixzz4Oa3L02IT

23. searcher

National anthem protests have caused NFL ratings to drop by 12 per cent
    • Viewership for National Football League games are down by 12 per cent
    • Leading factor: players not standing for national anthem, findings show
    • Poll conducted by Seton Hall shows 56 per cent of football fans voted yes when asked if it is a reason for the drop
    • Other factors scoring yes at a high rate included distraction from presidential campaign at 50 per cent
    • Along with the controversy over the handling of domestic violence cases involving players at 47 per cent

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3886036/National-anthem-protests-reason-NFL-ratings-poll-finds.html#ixzz4Oa3mRdQ7

24. searcher

Cubs live to fight another day: Chicago forces a Game 6 with nerve-shredding 3-2 win over Cleveland Indians to keep hopes of a first World Series win in 108 years alive
    • The Cubs came roaring back in the must-win Game 5 on Sunday
    • Now one step closer to breaking the infamous Curse of the Billy Goat and winning first World Series since 1908
    • At first it seemed like Cleveland's game to lose after they grabbed a 1-0 lead over the Cubs through the first three innings
    • But then Chicago came alive in the fourth inning, scoring three points
    • Cleveland managed one more run in the sixth, but it wasn't enough

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3888560/Chicago-Cubs-win-Game-5-World-Series-against-Cleveland-Indians.html#ixzz4OefVbHmu

25. searcher

26. searcher

27. searcher

28. searcher

Chicago Cubs win the World Series after 108-year drought following epic Game 7 showdown in Cleveland
    • They were crowned champions in the tenth inning, beating the Cleveland Indians 8-7
    • The Cubs pulled through Game 7 after a nail-biting game that was tied in the eighth inning
    • Historic franchise capped off their unbelievable comeback on Wednesday night at Progressive Field
    • Bill Murray, LeBron James, John Cusack and Charlie Sheen were in the stands to watch the action unfold
    • Before the game, they were the two teams with the longest championships droughts in the league

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3899956/Chicago-Cubs-win-World-Series-epic-Game-7-showdown-Cleveland.html#ixzz4OvxAbQlW

29. searcher

30. searcher

31. searcher

32. searcher

Manny Pacquiao eyes rematch with Floyd Mayweather after successful return to the ring in Las Vegas
    • Manny Pacquiao returned with a victory over Jessie Vargas in Las Vegas
    • Pacquiao claimed the WBO welterweight title with a unanimous decision
    • The 37-year-old is now seeking a rematch with Floyd Mayweather
    • Pacquiao lost to Mayweather on points in the richest fight of all-time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3911520/Manny-Pacquiao-eyes-rematch-Floyd-Mayweather-successful-return-ring-Las-Vegas.html#ixzz4PJflNfc3

33. searcher

34. searcher

35. searcher

36. searcher

Andre Ward survives scare to beat Sergey Kovalev and preserve 20-year unbeaten record... but Russian cries foul over US judges turning fight into politics
    • Andre Ward was knocked to the canvas in the second round but recovered to win by unanimous decision
    • All three of the ringside judges had Ward ahead 114-113 in fight that grew to frenzied conclusion
    • Kovalev showed his strength in the early rounds but Ward rallied back in a tight Las Vegas bout
    • Post-fight, Kovalev bemoaned the judges - all three from America - for turning the fight into 'politics'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3953918/Andre-Ward-survives-scare-beat-Sergey-Kovalev-Las-Vegas-preserve-20-year-unbeaten-record.html#ixzz4Qde5SJXu

37. searcher

Rory McIlroy to offer Matt Fitzpatrick property advice as youngster eyes PGA Tour after DP World Tour Championship win and £1m prize
    • Matt Fitzpatrick won the DP World Tour Championship on Sunday
    • He took £1million in prizemoney and revealed his PGA Tour aims
    • The 22-year-old Fitzpatrick will look at places to live in Florida

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3956194/Rory-McIlroy-offer-Matt-Fitzpatrick-property-advice-DP-World-Tour-Championship-win-1million-prize-leaves-Englishman-eyeing-PGA-Tour.html#ixzz4QdfNz7h5

38. searcher

39. searcher

United for the last time: Brazilian football team pose together in front of passenger jet before doomed flight which crashed in Colombian mountains, killing 76 on board
    • Plane carrying 81 including top flight Brazil football team Chapecoense has crashed in Colombia mountains
    • The aircraft crashed after taking off from a Bolivian airport amid reports of onboard 'electrical problems'
    • Early reports suggest there are just five survivors from the crash including three Chapecoense players
    • The team were set to play Copa Sudamerica tournament final on Wednesday as part of a fairy tale season

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3980974/Plane-carrying-72-passengers-including-Brazilian-football-team-crashes-Colombia-reports-say.html#ixzz4ROoAqzmi

40. searcher