1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Doomed? For the First Time in Human History, Old Will Outnumber Young

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by BarnacleBob, Apr 2, 2016.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Census Bureau has found that, for the first time in human history, the old are set to outnumber the young globally within the next four years.

The report, titled “An Aging World: 2015,” asserts that while people under 5 will be outnumbered by those over 65 before 2020, the divide will continue to grow — and by 2050, those over 65 will more than double while the population under 20 will remain stagnant.

Continued:

http://m.sputniknews.com/world/20160402/1037356184/old-population-outnumber-young.html

2. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

So that's why we need all those young immigrants?

Hmmmmm, I guess I didn't really understand the dilemma

3. BarnacleBob

REO 54, Usury and andial like this.
  4. BarnacleBob

5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Problem solved.

6. earplugs

earplugs Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

get your vaccines! get them right here. they save lives! if you disagree, you're a terrorists!

thanks bill gates and all these other depopulationists.

noctis lucis caelum likes this.
  7. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    It's almost as if we didn't like sex, almost...

8. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

Mebbe there's more ole people... but we git pushed into old age from behind!

:don't know::beer:

michael59 likes this.
  9. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,My plan was "Just don't get OLD" I am 66 now ----- how in hell did that happen? :don't    know2:

the DUCK:winks2:

michael59, Hystckndle and Buffalo like this.
  10. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Stop punishing married people with ridiculous taxes and they would have more kids.
    For most people right now having kids means a sharply reduced standard of living.

GOLDZILLA likes this.
  11. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Who is gonna pay for the unmarried single parents kids then??

12. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

We are so fucked. . . . :bang head:

13. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,Only the GOOD die young SOooooooooooooo very soon We will have a world full of OLD bad people!:dduck:

the DUCK :winks2:

14. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

I don't think this is the case for countries like Mexico, Brazil or India.

andial likes this.
  15. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Most don't. Although they love their ponzi schemes. Too many ignore the arithmetic relative to birth rate and how those ponzi-schemes are funded.
    Answer? Immigration.

You can't fund things like SS, long term, with a declining birth rate like this. We're really not even replacing ourselves. Who's gonna pay your SS?
    birthrate.png

16. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    I have 3 kids, they all are married with kids. These stats mean nothing to me. As far as the human race in general, I looked all around for a fuck to give and couldn't find one. There are so many asshats running around these days (progressive tards, transvestites, millennial college snowflakes, killer cops, corrupt politicians) that I'm really having trouble feeling sympathy for the future of my fellow man

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Uglytruth, Unca Walt and andial like this.
  17. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    Over seven billion people in the world, it's not like we need more. The fact that the ponzi schemes won't work without an expanding population just shows how moronic our economic system is.

Does anyone really think the world will be a better place with 10 billion people?

REO 54, Carl, Alric and 6 others like this.
  18. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

That is exactly it. This is actually good news. Unless you really do want a mass kill off like the crazy conspiracy people are always talking about, then at some point we have to face this problem. It isn't good with our current economic systems but we need to transition into a slowing growing population growth. Even a slow population decline is probably a good thing.

People not having as many children, is actually the simplest and and most ethical way to deal with the issue. Especially since the people are doing it entirely voluntarily because they don't want children.

Obviously just pumping out an ever increasing number of children is not a realistic way to solve our economic issues. I think most people realize that if they think about it a little bit.

Oldmansmith likes this.
  19. SilverBuyer

SilverBuyer Silver Member Silver Miner

The way to fix our economic issues is to cut down the size of government. Of course at this point that seems to be a near impossibility without some sort of implosion happening first. (since I don't think the government has decreased in size and scope for at least probably a 100 years, and probably much longer than that)

Flight2gold, Mujahideen and Irons like this.
  20. nickndfl

My next wife has not been born yet.

Unca Walt likes this.
  21. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

I call bullshit,
    At 2050 the boomers are history, and that massive cancer will have passed,

The very last of the boomers was 1960, and that would put them at 90. Toast.

The generation that followed and the subsequent ones have been smaller, which is what some are arguing about who is going to pay the SS. At that point, the system may return to balance.

Leading to another key point IMO, in that the current economic experiment is totally dependent on inflation greater than previous. If there is a natural declining population, then the economic game must be changed to accommodate it.

Mujahideen, Hystckndle and Uglytruth like this.
  22. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

90 is toast now? People can already live that long and by 2050 our medicine is going to be much better than it now and people will be living a lot longer.

23. Scorpio

Merlin and Mujahideen like this.
  24. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    Free grain? I've been giving the feds a ton of grain at gunpoint my whole life. I would have been happy to pay nothing and to expect nothing in return, but that is not allowed. Now they are going to cry foul when I live to 120 (yes, I was born in 1960).

solarion likes this.
  25. Flight2gold

Flight2gold Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

pilot
    I agree with your sentiment although how, as a society, would we ever be able to legislate out of existence a womens genetic yearning for procreation?
    I believe this idea probably leads us to problem, reaction, solution thinking, i.e. Bill Gates
    Lets just vaccinate them out of existence or attempt a form of China's one child policy.
    We don't have to watch the movie Jurassic Park to know that life/nature will find a way.

26. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Anyone else read Robert Heinlein's The Menace from Earth? The audiobook is on youtube. Take 7 hrs ...

27. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

It's long been a tenet of sociologists and others who study the various aspects of societies that economies do much to determine population growth and decline. Whether those economies are based on some form of currency (paper, silver, gold, etc.) or goods as currency (livestock, grains, etc.) doesn't really matter. From the point of view of the population it's a matter of a combination of current and future prospects.

When China was doing well they lifted the restriction on how many children a family could have. When the US was prosperous the population grew continually. Same for Europe. As African countries gained their freedom from the colonialists their populations grew. As India has gained economically over the past 2 decades their population has also grown.

Today, as western countries and western based economies of Asia falter and near collapse populations are in serious decline. Pick any country in Europe, North America or look at Japan and you will see populations in decline.

This goes well beyond the anomalies of baby booms, plagues, natural disasters/catastrophes and any other population/generational extremes. This occurs based on rational assessments made by those comprising any given population in any location on earth.

The Bakken oil fields, Canadian tar sands area, the states of Michigan, Illinois, California, the Carolinas and more all bear testament to the fact that as economies change so does the population. As economies decline fewer children are born and adults who can will pack up their 36 pieces and move to where prospects are more promising than current locations.

Look at the immigration crisis in the EU. Most immigrants are NOT refugees of any kind. Instead they are young males mostly seeking greater economic opportunity. The same can be said of the Mexican and South American illegals crossing into the US. It doesn't matter that they are mowing your lawn, baking bread, selling tacos or peddling drugs, they are all seeking improved incomes. Getting rich is NOT the main driver either. Simply having the necessities and maybe a few niceties, providing for the family and maybe having some healthy and happy grandchildren is the main driver.

Today is really no different. what makes today seem different is that now the entire world has entered a deep state of flux. Those that have prospered for a long time are in serious decline. Those that are newly prosperous like China and India are moving into decline. No matter where people emigrate to, their prospects are really not much brighter than from where ever it is they are leaving. This will bring about much turmoil, perplexity and confusion in populations all around the world which will only increase as the global economic decline continues.

Flight2gold and Irons like this.
  28. Po'boy

Po'boy Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Those people in the Club of Rome you mean.
    The crazy ones right.
    Depopulation via vaccine, gmo,cancer........

29. Brio

Brio Midas Member Midas Member

Baby boomers can't afford to retire. I'd estimate 75% of them are still in debt, never saved at all, or lost a significant portion of investments in 2000, 2008. And if what I think is coming happens, there'll be another haircut to savings soon. That stipend from the gov will not pay the mortgage never mind rent or a retirement home. Doing the math, a baby boomer will have paid ~$50k into the program over 40 years but expect to collect from it ~$500k in retirement. Where will that money come from? Me, I know I'd make a horrible senior citizen, I don't want to get old and cranky and costly and smelly and demented and crippled. Perhaps I could afford to but I'd rather quit while I'm ahead and leave the money to my kids not the Peaceful Shady Oaks conglomerate.
    Short retirement homes.

Merlin and Hystckndle like this.
  30. Po'boy

Enter end of life advocates for mom and pop.
    Saves the insurance companies money and kids tired of lost income due to taxes for sick geezers.
    Ahh a bright future ahead!

31. GOLDZILLA

GOLDZILLA Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus Midas Member

Time to colonize other planets and start over again.

32. Scorpio

yes free grain,

none of us have given them a damn thing for retirement. The money we have given them is a tax, and they have spent that + billions and billions more.

the .gov doesn't owe a nickel to any taxpayer for anything, they never will. You owe them, and it will continue to be so.

solarion and Mujahideen like this.
  33. nickndfl

In Japan they sell more adult diapers than infant diapers. Think about it.

34. GOLDZILLA

GOLDZILLA Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus Midas Member

35. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,nickndfl.The bigger the diapers the more shit they hold!:belly laugh::oriental:

the DUCK:winks2:

36. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Remember when past societies honored and respected their elders? Don't get the elders too pissed. They have guns, know how to use them and have nothing to lose by squeezing off a few rounds in the general direction of people who piss them off.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    mtnman, GOLD DUCK and Merlin like this.
  37. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

I agree with you 100% ...except, you see, I'm already reaching that old and cranky porthole. I'm not yet smelly and demented and crippled; but my 71st birthday approaches with summer. I have to tell you, quite frankly, I'm not yet ready to go. I want another summer of riding my bicycle in the summer sun under the blue sky weather that I love. And, I'm not inclined to quit while ahead; I don't want to leave my money to anyone. Life is good and I want to keep it that way!

Yet, everyday I see old folks hobbling along with walkers and not so old folks in their electric carts. I don't want to be that way. Whatever am I going to do when I have to lean on someone's shoulder just to get around the room? You folks are talking some serious, crazy shit here. Getting older is a deadly serious problem for many people.

38. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

Ain't no problem. It's easy.

I'm doin' it as fast as I can. :D

39. Po'boy

Well what you waiting on?
    The country to go to shit?
    Maybe to watch Hillary to be elected?
    Nah no boom from da boomers will happen as long as the government checks keep coming.

Slow death in an old fart home is more likely.

No real change is in store.

At least of the liberty type.

andial likes this.
  40. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Agree, it's only the first world economies with their higher learning institutions that have this diaper problem. Feck em.