1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Drunken F.B.I. Counterterrorism Expert Picked Clean By Bar Chick

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by searcher, Nov 9, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

After Night of Drinking, F.B.I. Supervisor Wakes to Find a Woman Stole His Gun
    By ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZONOV. 9, 2017

WASHINGTON — An F.B.I. counterterrorism supervisor is under internal investigation after a woman stole his gun following a night of heavy drinking in a North Carolina hotel, according to documents and government officials.

In July, Robert Manson, a unit chief in the F.B.I.’s international terrorism section, had his Glock .40-caliber handgun, a $6,000 Rolex watch and $60 in cash stolen from his room at the Westin hotel in Charlotte, N.C., according to a police report.

Document
    Read the Police Report on an F.B.I. Supervisor’s Stolen Gun
    Robert Manson, an F.B.I. counterterrorism supervisor, reported stolen property, including a gun, in July in Charlotte, N.C. The police report, which denotes that Mr. Manson was incapacitated by alcohol, states that his gun, Rolex watch, and cash were stolen from his room at the Westin Hotel.

[​IMG]
    OPEN Document

The episode is an embarrassing mishap for the F.B.I. As a unit chief assigned to the bureau’s headquarters, Mr. Manson oversees all terrorism investigations in the Midwest and the Carolinas. An F.B.I. spokesman, Michael P. Kortan, said the incident was the subject of an internal investigation and declined to give additional comment.

Mr. Manson and other senior agents were in Charlotte for training, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the episode. The agents later told the police that they had been drinking with women who said they were exotic dancers, according to a second person who was briefed on the investigation but, like the first, was not authorized to discuss it publicly.

“Investigators determined that the victim, Robert Manson, met a woman in the hotel bar the prior night and took her back to his hotel room,” Robert Tufano, a spokesman for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, said in a statement.

At 6:30 the next morning, police officers for the department were called to the hotel. Mr. Manson was incapacitated because of alcohol, according to the police report, which he did not file himself. A fellow agent, Kevin Thuman, gave the report, which says the theft happened from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. The hotel bar closes at 2 a.m.

The gun was identified in the police report as a Glock 27, a compact model that is easy to conceal. Federal law allows agents to carry concealed weapons while off duty, but not while they are intoxicated. It is unclear where Mr. Manson kept the gun. F.B.I. rules prohibit agents from leaving their guns in unsecure places. Every room in the Westin is equipped with a safe.

No arrests have been made and police officers have not recovered the gun. The report provides scant details and identifies the thief only as “an unknown suspect.” The report does not mention Mr. Manson’s work for the F.B.I. Mr. Tufano said Mr. Manson “was not acting in a law enforcement capacity at the time of the incident.”

One F.B.I. agent was cited in an internal review this year after a family member accidentally shot him. Last year, an assistant special agent in charge was charged with drunken driving, and an internal review found that he had improperly carried his gun while intoxicated.

Follow Adam Goldman and Matt Apuzzo on Twitter: @adamgoldmanNYT and @mattapuzzo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/us/politics/fbi-stolen-gun-stolen-charlotte.html

^updated^ likes this.
  2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

The FBI itself is an embarrassing waste of resources. Fire the whole mess of em...starting with this idiot.

Aurumag and Joe King like this.
  3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Elliot Ness DJyvU8gWsAEsiU1.jpg

searcher likes this.
  4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Heavy drinking is over rated....

5. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Any pics of the chick ?

searcher likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

$60?

So, he didn't expect to pay her

typical gov employee

Hystckndle likes this.
  7. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

$6000 Rolex?

typical gov employee

8. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Knucklehead,
    Typical government employee

Buck likes this.
  9. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

This is all too typical of FBI personnel. Guns (semi & full auto), laptop computers WITH "Top Secret" files on them, sundry paper files. A deep search of the interwebz will reveal the rather lengthy history of FBI bumbling incompetence. Shut the FBI down.

RealJack and Aurumag like this.
  10. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    How many innocent peeps have been murdered with guns lost or stolen as a direct result of .gov leo negligence?

Alton likes this.
  11. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Time to consider shutting down all of the UNCONSTITUTIONAL three letter agencies.

12. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    It's not your Ephram Zymballist Junior FBI anymore, Dorthy!