1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Endless Threads

Discussion in 'Site Activity/Suggestions' started by Silver, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Forums are no longer very popular - social media has taken over. Part of the reason, IMO, is that forums are too easy for a few individuals to dominate by constantly posting and updating old threads - which pushes old stuff to the top and everything else fades to the bottom. For constant users, this is probably not a problem.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    EO 11110 likes this.
  2. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Comic relief?

Where should it be?

gringott and Hystckndle like this.
  3. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Men shouldn’t talk about these things. IMO there isn’t a correct answer. Idk. I’m just hating.

4. Goldhedge

Retired

I thought it was continuity of the thread myself? Why post stuff about the Vegas shooting in 10 different posts all over the board when one post with everything on the subject is readily accessed? A repository of sorts?

I've tried finding a post from way back that just can't be found, because I don't have the proper search phrase.

Kind of like the Political Cartoon thread? It's all there to browse in one box?

If there's a better way to post, like Ross Perot, I'm all ears.

I'm all for making the place more functional for all concerned.

gringott, JayDubya and Hystckndle like this.
  5. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker
    Fair enough - as soon as I figure out how to move it , I will. or if that doesn't pan out - delete it

guess I saw more humor in it than others -

6. Silver

The reason sites like Zerohedge and social media are popular is because they are fast moving and up to date. Forums are too easy to manipulate. I don't think there is a solution - just like here, we used to have a ton of members and it was fast moving - now, it is stodgy with few active members.

Members Online Now
    1. Treasure Searcher,
    2. Goldhedge,
    3. Silver,
    4. Ebie,
    5. Alton,
    6. Joseph,
    7. <===Foolsgold,
    8. Thecrensh,
    9. perry,
    10. dacrunch
    Total: 213 (members: 23, guests: 123, robots: 67)

Use to be 100's

7. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Perhaps it is not the forum layout.
    Perhaps it is population growth and change.
    Its all a bog morph. Everything
    Also, perhaps we are dinosaurs.
    The action now is in Snapchat and other stuff ( even I do not participate in ) with brevity
    3, or 4, or more, levels down from us.

dacrunch, gringott, JayDubya and 4 others like this.
  8. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

It's a function of the PM market. Leading up to the 2007 crash and Great Recession there was exciting movement (dare I say rockets) in the PM market. It was fun. It happened. It ended. What has happened in the last few years is that things have stayed constant (gold in the $1,250ish range) for way too long. People have moved on.

kitco 5 year.jpg

Frankly, I used to post obsessively on GIM 1.0 with the G/S ratio, money supply changes, charting (Elliot wave, etc). Right now I don't own any PMs, and I don't have any plans at the moment. There are much better investments out there right now.

The other big conversation driver on GIM 1.0 was survival preps. A fantastic trove of information was lost when it went away. We don't have the same level of interest (concern?) as we used to.

I remember on GIM 1.0 that Lancers had a sort of "Meh" attitude in a lot of his posts. At the time I didn't get it. Truth is, he was probably just burned out on the hype about "to the moon!" and "SHTF". I get it now. I'm there now.

For me, the reason I come to GIM is the social commentary. I appreciate the libertarian perspective here. Also, this is a good place to discover what in the news is really worth digging into. Especially when it comes to evaluating the official story on "tragedies."

Lt Dan, dacrunch, gringott and 6 others like this.
  9. Goldhedge

Retired
    I haven't figured out snapchat yet.

"Periscope", however is quite interesting.

I loaded it on my ipad and I can visit anywhere in the world in seconds. It also goes on PC's, but you have to load an Android emulator to get it to work.

Periscope is people all over the world who are broadcasting themselves doing all kinds of things.

There are the 'Pray with me' scopes, Music 'scopes', People walking through parks in Tokyo, Scotland, China, Walking to work in NY, all manner of live 'scopes'. There's even a happy couple that travels the world 'scoping'. In the future EVERYONE is a broadcaster. You can even make money 'scoping'... people can even comment and ask questions on your live scope.

It was purchased by Twitter a few years ago.

Hystckndle likes this.
  10. Goldhedge

Retired
    Good synopsis SLV.

If G/S takes off you'll suddenly see this place come alive.

We have some good posters still. As for where to invest? I'm a bit shy about the stock market. I think it's going to crash, or at least correct in a major way.

We're the diehards keeping the posts alive. It used to be more exciting, but for now "We're All Bozos On This Bus"

gringott, Irons and Joseph like this.
  11. Silver

I made a boatload during that period. I was also sold off for a few years, but I'm stocked again - I just don't see the low risk/ high potential gain in many paper investments. Other than RE (where I'm strongest).

Hystckndle and Goldhedge like this.
  12. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Think so? Allow mw to give you a example of what others are trying to communicate about topic drift. In the thread titled.
    Jeff Sessions confirmed as U.S. Attorney General
    The first post (OP) was this.
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.al.c...d_as_us.amp?client=ms-android-americamovil-us

These are the three last posts.

Jeff Sessions's Selective Memory
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/jeff-sessions-faulty-memory/544949/

When does Sessions start working?

Right after the current federal ban on going after State legalized weed expires?​

Six pages, three of which I guarantee have of nothing to do with him being confirmed. I personally skip over the topic because his conformation is really old news. If he does something that is current start another topic. You think a new member will wade through 6 pages of old and off topic news?

Y'all seem to be doing it out of laziness. And about not being able to get results from the search engine. Well that is a combination of the software being immature, and people not adding "Tags" to their new posts. Again laziness.

Rag on......

Silver and Mujahideen like this.
  13. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
    like this?...

Members Online Now

<SLV>, .375, .41Dave, 100 Rupiah, 11S11ver, 1694, 1981, 1More_SilverDollar, 2_point, 3Putt, 3x3l3r8, 45 ACP, 47Protons, 65gt350*, 6L6, 70w30, 77shovelhead, 7th trump, 917601, abeland1, Abobo, Abouthadit*, Absintheur, accelerator, AceNZ, adg3985, Ag Age, AG Capone, AgAuGal*, AgBar, agent47, Agfinger, agmom, agnut, Agrippa, AGRO, Ag_man*, AKBill, alaskamonte, alby, Alien Abductee, alliecatkatie, Alpine5654, AlterEgo*, Alton, American Chestnut, AMforPM*, Amsterdam, andial, AndreaGail, AndrewSly, andrey32, Andy9999*, andymac4321, Angra Mania, angryhippy, answer2me, antjraf, anywoundedduck, AOW, Apocalypto, Apparition, Aproz, Aquaponics08, Ara*, Ares, argentos, Argentsum, Argyrophylax, ArizonaGold, Armed.peasant, artfarmartfarm, artificial person, Ash_Williams, Atahualpa*, Atlantalan, Aurora et Luna*, AurumAg, Aussie, Avalon*, Aware, axstone, aybesee123, Az Ag, azxcvbnm321, Bajan Man, BamaJoe, Banjo, Barbaro, Barefoot, Barrettone, basplaer, Bassman, batacon, Bavarian Joe, BeefJerky, beefsteak*, BeeYourself*, beggarsthumb, Belloc, Benz_One, berkscoin, bidnask, Big Country, bigcdc, bigdaddy40, Bigfoot, BigShiny, BikerJon, Bildo, BillBoard, bjgnome*, bkfm, blackcat6, blacksheep, BlackTopaz, Blade Runner, blankcheck, Blorp, Blue Midnight*, blueice, Blue_pill_envy, BoatingAccident*, Bob, bob681, Bobber, BobtheTomato, BoggleFed, boogietillyapuke, bootstrap, born_cross_eyed, Bossman, boston, botcho61, bottletop, bottom feeder, box0725, BPS9401, branshew*, Brave Sir Lancelot, Brent H, brigadeer, Brio, British Sovereign, brocko78, brosil, Bubble Fat, Buchan, budfox, buff01, Bugle, BUILT TO LAST, Bullion only, BullionVince, Bullion_Bob*, bulloncoins, BullRider, Bull_Ion, Bushpilot, Busted, Buster, bwelkk, Bx3, C&L 1911, C43AMG, Caelicola, CajunCoin, Caligula, calsdad, Camp Bassfish, Canadabound, Canadian-guerilla*, CANUCKFARMER, Captain Morgan, Carbon, Carl, carlito, carpathian, Carver, cashmoney2006, Cassandra, Cassius, Catwagon, CAVU, ccjoe*, CDUBS*, Cebu_4_2, Celtic Rogue, chad, Chibioz*, chinmusic, chris_1001, Chris_Is_Here, ChronosKid, chud, Cibola, cigarlover, citizenkane, CJay8, clarkth, Clawdia, clutterbug, clyderose*, Co6aka*, Coin Finger, coindog, CoinHunter53562*, CoinNut*, coinpage, ColdWater, Coltwind, compass, comstock*, Contento, coopersmith, Corbin Dallas, Corinthian bronze*, Corporate_slave, cortez, cpthnsolo, cpy911, CQC McDuck, Cracker, crazychicken, creep276, CrufflerJJ, ctrl-z, cuauhtemoc, Culture, Curmudgeonista, Curtman*, DakotaRose, damoc, Darkside, Darth_Vader, dave russo, davehorus, daveman, Dawg, dbag333, DC7*, deaddogduke, deadheadharry, demosfen, Der Panzer, des00s, Desert4x, desertjack, Determined2Au*, DHawk*, didgmike, Digger, dimitri*, DinosaurJr, diogenes, dipstick, Dirt Man, Dirty Harry, Divergence Report, diversified2*, Dizzy47, DJ1, dlm1968*, DMac00, dmsdog, DodgebyDave, doglips57, dollars, DonBlack, Donnie740, Dont-Tread-On.Me, dosman, Down1, dprival78, drafter, drewk4*, DrillAndFill, Drumblebum, ds_mustang, DuaneLuk, Dude*, dumbnbroke*, DuneLurkin, dysgenic, Dzepxich, EagleEye, eat_beef, Edge-Hog, EdwardG, edwardsjea, EE_, El Lobo, El Scampio, electric-amish, Element-47, elroy, eric2075, essixx, etc, etheostoma, eugene, EustaceMullins*, expatriate, exponentialpi, Extinct, Eyebone, eyeofliberty*, EzraPound*, FACTFINDER, Fanakapan, Fanta, farscott, Farside, fasTTcar, fat panther, Fatboy, Fiatguy, FiftySense, Finzo, FireMattMillen, flash91, Floyd, flying, Foghorn, foolsgold, FoolsGoldIsGreen, FoundingFathers, Freddy_Krugerrand, Freedom1, Freemarket11, freud198, fromserpo, From_India, Frosty, Fudup, Fullpower, FunnyMoney, G-khan*, G-Man, G10*, Gallopin Gold, gambler, gangsta99, gasilat*, gbates31, gbgunner*, Gcubed*, Gee_Dubya75, General of Darkness, George M, GGG, Ghost, gidojinx, gilmoujr, Giordano Bruno, gizmo, Gknowmx, Glasgow, Glass, gliddenralston, glockngold, Glus, glycine72, Godcopp, Godot, Godswill, gogold, GOLD DUCK, Gold Rules, Gold Spot,
    goldbug, Golddust, Golden Dragon, Golden Eagle, Golden Rivet, GoldenBuddha, GoldenE, GoldenGal, GoldenKitty, GoldenPoet*, GoldFinch, Goldfinger, Goldfinger007, goldgoeswhere, goldgonewild2, Goldhedge, goldisit*, goldissima*, goldmonkey, goldrad, GoldRocks*, goldsack, GoldTeam, GoldWampum, gopher29, Gordon Gekko, Government Chee-tos, gpond*, Grad*, granta, graspAU, grasshopper, great northwet, Green Mountain Boy*, greenbear, GreggM, grinningdog, grooveboi, GSM/MM, gtiapr3, Gun Ban Extremist, Gunaholic, gunDriller, gunny highway, gwagon, gypsybiker45, H8T fiat, Haltiat*, Hammad, HaroldS, harper, Hatha Sunahara, Hawkeye*, Heads_Up, HEAVY_METAL, Heimdhal, hello77, Hellsbane, Hemlock, Henny Penny, Herbicidal, Hermie, hernancortes, heynoww, Hi Ho*, highroller4321, Highwayman, HistoryStudent, Hivemindgammahydra7, hoarder, Horn, horseshoe3, Hugo Chavez, hvac ak47, HVACTEC, hypervel, hystckndle, I Am Sparticus, i love gold nyc, Iaoa*, IGrok, illuminate10, ImaCannin, immanti, indieangler, InsurgentWolf, Iptuous, Ironpig, Irons, Ishkabibble, J in AZ, j-son, J.D.Rockinfeller*, JACK JACKSON, jack555, Jackson, Jake, Jaxon*, jaybone, Jazkal, jbeck57143, jbilprophet123, JCarvingblock, jcmnj, jdmlist, Jekyll7, jello_g*, jersey devl, JerseyThursday, jetgraphics, jfloyd9, jimmyjohn, jimswift, JJJboys, JJ_, JNG, Jodster71, Joe King, JOE SIXPACK, Joe303, JoeSixPack, JoeyCee, joe_momma, jogslvr, johndoh, johnlvs2run*, JOHNNY55, JohnPA, jonahtrainer, jrog100, JSharap, jtmo3, judoka, Julian, Junk Woody, Juristic Person*, kaboku68, KantianPerspective, KarlBart, Keef, keehah, KENKEN, KevRed, kiffertom, killer2021, killerken53, KiloKel, kimber1963, King_Squais*, kirkblitz, kitsune, kiwi_envoy, Knight Rider, Kregener, Krugerrand, Kruger_Man, krugger3*, LA Refugee, ladagerick, Lamentations, Lars Ragnarsson, latemetal, latitude22, Laughter, laurent9, lcorn, leadfoot, learn2swim, lessoil=+pm, lhslancers*, Libertarian_Guard, Libertytree, limcs, Little Ant, livtocruz, Logan, Lonestar, longjohnsilver, longtail, loopy, Lore, lorenzo, Lost_in_Samoa*, Lou337, louisianagold, lowcommotion, Lowjack, low_five, Lt Dan, Ltewarrior, luft97, Lurch, LWK, lydon, MacGyver*, macrohard, madcow, Maddie, maddyn99, madfranks, MaDMaX, Mad_Max, Magma, MAGNUM P.M.'s twin bro, Malus, mamboni, Manager Mr, Market Harmony, markt, Mark_Grizzly, Mastershakelock, Master_Ho, Max Power, MaxGravy, maximumrebel1, Maxvillain, mayhem*, mcmurph9, ME CO*, megacaptain, melbo, Meliorist, merc49, Mercenary, Merlin, MerryL*, messianicdruid, MetalMoney, Metalsmith, mick silver*, MidwestMan, mightymanx, Miin*, Mike B.*, Mike_Templar, Mikul, milehi, millwright, Mined over Matter, mispillion, MISRy, Miss Kitty, mkx110, mmem700, MNeagle*, mocha*, Moderate Mammal, modman, mojo1, mojo273, Mongrel, Montecristo, Moonshinecat, mooshcook, morganchaser, MorganTheGoat*, motowngold, Mountain Gold, mouse, Mr Green, Mr P, Mr. Fix It*, MrChrister4, mrdirp, MrsTn...Andy, MrTiKi, mtnman, Mtscout, Mujahideen, MWM, MyLoveIsMySword, Nanook, NaP@lm, natsb88*, Nautargos, Nero, netwanderer, Neuro Artist, new money, New River, New2This, newmisty, NewSilverGuy, NewWorldSlacker, nickelless, ninakat*, ninjabar, nocturnalc, noelephant, NOMOREROLLBACKS, Nomoss*, NOOB, NotMarkk, NotTheOne, NoVABaller, nub, Nugginator, nunya, nutshell, o b juan, obilly, oboshoe, ohioarmedneutrality, Old Herb Lady, oldflaman, oldmansmith, Olmstein, Onboard, One Small Voice, oneshot50, ono*, oohshiny, ooker, Optimist, optionT, OrangeJuice, orangetriangle, orpheus72, osoab, Osprey550, OutlawJoseyWalesJr, oz in sc, p2motive, PacificAg, pakydak, PALLADIUM, panocrat, PastTense, pat pat, Patriotme, paynes1, PearlEgg*, perl, Peter Robbins, phideaux, phillg, philskov, PhysicalAsset, pimples, Pi_314, PkG, Plastic, PlatinumBlonde, platinumdude*, PlatinumOre, Plebae*, PMan, Poirot, Poo Poo Kitty Muffin, Popps, Pounces On Ounces, ppius13, pre-64', Private_Pyle, Professur, prophet, Prospector_X, Publico,
    Pro Se, PufPuf93, puller738, punctualeel, pusher, Pyramid*, Quadroon, Quixote2, R U Insured, RaccoonRiverRadical, rad, raging, Ragnarok, rajaleidur, Ralleia, Rampon*, ramy, Randal45, randman, randymatt*, raner, RatHoler, Raven, rdvq, RealJack, Rebel Yarr, reformed wastrel, Reno Chris, reststop, revlis, RexPerpetuusNorvegiae, RichG, RichyRich, rick0002, Ridge Runner, Ringhunter, Rip Van Winkle, RKaz, rmaster14145, roasted, Rockbrother, rodzm, RossL, RoyalBeluga, ruprick, rurounikitsune, Russkie, RwSilver, Ryedale, Sadiemae, Sagi, sandblaster, sandro, Saoirse, Sapiens, Saul Mine, SAUM, Schmagma, scholarcoon, Scorpio*, scottymonger, Scratchmo, searcher, Seaurchin1, Seven, sgabor, shades2*, shallow_explorer, Shami-Amourae, shamrock, shamrocks33, ShangHaiGoldBug, shffl, shineysean, shinylid, shipwreck, ShirleyUGeste*, Shoden, Shoota, shooter, ShortJohnSilver, shortstack, Shorty_Harris, Silvah_Serfah, Silver Baron, Silver Gorilla, Silver Moon Rising, Silver Sabre, Silver Sayyid, Silver Seraph, Silver Shield, Silver Stater, Silver001, Silverbach, silverblood, silverbullet, SilverBullie, SilverCat, SilverCity, silverdude, silverjean, silverJeep, SilverKnight, SilverNuts@Bolts*, Silverorgold, SilverRanger, SilverSig, SilverSmaug, Silverstone*, SilverSurfer, silvertooth, silverwood, Silvery Moon, Silver_State, Silver_Surfer, Silvestor, SimpleMan, SinCity Silver, sindgefallen, sirgonzo420*, skid, Skiddy*, skilsaw, skyvike*, slowdown, slowtrain, slugbucket, SLV>GLD, slvrbugjim, smilershouse, Smokin Juan, smullen, sneak, Someone_else, SomeSilver, soundmind, southfork, spacetuna, Sparky, spartan, specsaregood*, Spectrism*, sphilver, SPQR, Spun Green II, sst1, StackerKen, State of Jefferson, stateofjefferson, staupostek, Stay Asleep, Stealinator, stefanmo, sterling, steveoc, steyr_m, still afloat, Still Learning, stillprepping, Stonewall*, Stormdancer*, Strawboss, StrawMan=Corporation, striped_bear, studiopaul, Sui Juris, SuiJuris, sullen soldier, sunshine05, Surface, SWRichmond, tallbassguy, Tallships*, Tang, tangibles, Tantris, TCC, teacher, TechGuy*, Tecumseh, teedub31, tekhen, tekrunner, terp, Terry853, Texan, Texasrunner43, TGIDave, The Argent Dragon, The Biss, The Great Ag, The Rooster, The Shadow*, The White Rabbit, TheBigWookie, TheMadHatter, TheNocturnalEgyptian, ThePrintingPress, the_buffalo, ThomasJ1776, thorgrim, thrasher, TimC123, tinman, Tipsy, TLM, Tn...Andy, TomD, tomexxtra, Toxa, Traderbock, Tragedy Trousers, TripKidd, triplelake, Trueman, truont, TruthSeeker, Tryst140, TTAZZMAN, tulsamal, Tumbleweed, Turner-son*, Turtleguy9, twenty4karat, Twisted Avatar, Two Alpha, TylerDurden, tyrannyfree, tyusclan, Unclad Lad, unregistered*, UUU, V10silver, vancouver25, Varmint Hunter*, Vaughn Pollux, vector03, Veli Hopea, Vendico*, Victor, voidus, Voodoo, VTEEZER, VX1, wallew, Walter Mitty, WAoG, warut, Waylon, Waypoint-Trading, WearyTraveler, Weatherman*, Weho Dave*, WeNeedARevolution, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Wi$dom, Wicked, wildcard, Wilhelm, WilliamC, Willie Peter*, winslo, woodman*, Workaholic, WR8260, wrestlingbulls, Wulfenite, Ximmy, xinkid, xTempest, Yasumi, Yenomsi, Yolohawk, YootsGold, You Can't Win, Yukon Cornelius, yunowu, zardoz, Zed*, ziff2x, Zilver, ZurichBob, Zusn, ____hoot____

Silver, Mujahideen and searcher like this.
  14. Joseph

slacker
    You're right - I've been thinking about this for some time now. I used to find a lot of interesting articles , not only on PMs, but the economy (indirectly PMs), Baltic Dry Index, Fukushima ... important stories that were worth the discussion.
    Now I'm posting this crap - I think out of sheer boredom. The absurdity of this country today is beyond comprehension to me. The main topics of conversation in this country today are white privilege, pedophilia, corruption, gender studies, and impeaching Trump.
    It might be time for me to give it a rest ...

gringott, JayDubya, Irons and 2 others like this.
  15. mayhem

That is a very old screen clip from GIM1, not a recent one for sure. I know because my nym is included along with a sock puppet I used to use 10 years ago.

Silver and Goldhedge like this.
  16. Goldhedge

Retired

Yes I 'get' the thread 'drift'. How to stop it? (Oh gee... look at the 'drift' in this thread we're in!! From Caitlyn to Forum protocol)

Maybe if we all comment on it when it happens?

To it's credit, the Sessions Confirmation thread is all about Sessions, just not the original 'confirmation' topic.

I'm not above moving posts if someone let's me know where it is and where it should go. (I can't be everywhere!)

The Las Vegas thread is pretty much all about 'that' event. There are others.

But hey, we're a group of people with a common interest. Discussing what we are discussing is healthy and encouraged. I think we even have a forum here for that kind of thing...? Ask Questions?

It's not as if we're dictators telling everyone to 'take it or leave it.'

Like I said, I'm open for suggestions to improve the site.

gringott likes this.
  17. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    I don’t want anyone to stop posting. And lord knows I’ve said a lot of useless crap.

I didn’t really expect this tread to get so serious but since we are here, we can all step it up notch.

Joseph, searcher and Goldhedge like this.
  18. Goldhedge

Retired
    ^^ Muj it was a valid question.

Joseph likes this.
  19. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Who the hell cares...

I hope he err whatever has fun with his 21 year old. It, like Harvey has enough dough to pretty much fuck anyone it wants.

20. Joseph

slacker
    agreed -
    boobs.jpg

Irons, Mujahideen, arminius and 2 others like this.
  21. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Just fyi..........

I post a lot in the jeff sessions thread. Since all my posts there are about sessions I thought it appropriate. Simply see no sense in starting a new thread each time I post anything about the same individual or the same subject - especially if someone already has a thread cooking. If I'm not sure that a thread already exists I use the search feature.

On a different note.........

If you don't care for certain subject matter or a certain member's posts / posting style why let it bother you. Simply stay away from the thread or member. If you can't do that put the member on ignore.

Getting crazy over what someone posts on an internet forum is a bit much. And attacking another member over a post is a sign you need help (or in some cases you're too far gone for help.)

jm2c.......fwiw

22. Silver

boob.jpg
    I like boobs, but those look like water balloons - fake news, fake boobs, fake everything.

She's not fake - and me no like.

23. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
  24. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

"Birds of a Feather..." ?

25. Hystckndle

Sigh...
    Many just gotta complain or whine about something.....everywhere....even here.
    Dwell and say " the good ole days " ...they were so awesome.
    Its was so much easier to read stuff, talk about stuff, do stuff....back then...
    Maybe...maybe not...
    Its perspective.
    Perhaps its just time and NOT adapting.
    If you are still trying to do the net with 9600 baud ( kidding but you get the drift ) and older hardware....yah...its not convenient.
    But crikey...if ya do not like the paint job
    ...change or help change the color.
    And HERE is the same thread drift.
    So like whats the point ?
    Masters of our own destiny.
    Me...I am a priveledged SOB just to be here.
    And Scorpio is the bomb for letting me.
    And....
    There are many forms of Gold.

Apologize to the OP,
    Regards to all,

gringott, Silver and searcher like this.
  26. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Happy Friday

27. mayhem

Well I for one have pretty much stopped reading those extended threads. I can find the latest elsewhere where people start new posts to bring attention to a action rather than burying it in a old worn out thread. I have also stopped, making any new threads. Got tired of someone telling me the info was already in some worn out thread. Also pretty much stopped posting in any thread.

I have taken on the same attitude as the owner, fvck it I don't care anymore. I try to help explain why folks are not signing up while others just don't contribute any longer, and the same people who endorse the pilling everything into a old thread push back. This place will become just a small clique of people posting here like happens to so many other forums, and will die just like those have/will.

Mujahideen and Silver like this.
  28. Goldhedge

Retired
    To be clear, or fair? the forum software remembers where you left off in a thread and takes you to the 'last read' post.

It's taken me some time to get used to that feature and yet, I still over ride it.

29. Hystckndle

That is correct.
    There are 2 or 3 , I duuno, how many ways, to go to the last post in a thread.
    Any thread.
    Easy, peasy. Go right there.
    So really, wheres the beef ?
    I have an ongoing thread even.
    Had more than one at one time.
    QUIT posting on them cuz of all the ( this kind of ) yacking and bitching
    Not mad or anything...
    Life is too short for me to listen to the there ain t two pickles on my hamburger stuff.
    Sigh...circular reference.
    Its not perfect for everybody.
    Nothing is.

The owner DOES give a shit. BIG time.
    Thats why this place exists.
    So really...
    In the big picture...where is the beef ?

Sorry to the OP.
    GH...we should take all this to anotjer thread perhaps...not fair yo OP...

I think the 21 year old is a set up.
    Not a bad catch really.
    For whatever it is...lol...

searcher and Goldhedge like this.
  30. Gun Ban Extremist

Gun Ban Extremist Seeker Seeker

Investigator
    I'm very confused. Is this relationship considered heterosexual or homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

31. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

quite the paradox - long threads get ignored, but multiple threads about same subject screw up the front page. i favor the long threads. at least the thing is kept in a pen for those interested to read. doesnt muck everything up - more user friendly, rather than having to bounce around through multiple threads to read/post on that subject

32. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

That could be why when I click on new posts column on right hand of front page, it sometimes brings me to the previous page.

33. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

That is the best reply I have seen on here in ages.

Joseph and searcher like this.
  34. Hystckndle

Yes,
    Been in the 30s for members on for a year or so now.
    Silver and gold. Not sexy.
    And we have had a bit of strife along the way.
    Stepped on a lot of delusions.
    Younger folks, IMO they are not into " discussion ".
    And so on and so forth.
    All good.

gringott likes this.
  35. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

a couple of things here,

spot on, it is just the way it is
    as the internet has morphed, so are the ways people communicate with each other. Much as we speak to now and in the past, soundbites are in, heavy discussion not so much

Regarding old threads, I actually despise 2 and 3 yr old threads being dragged up from the dead and added to. You got something new? Then start a thread. This doesn't reference ongoing discussions over time that are constantly updated like a pic thread or the sessions thread. Although I do get the point. The title of the thread wasn't 'anything jeff sessions' it was or is sessions confirmed. Which means current discussions are not relevant to the thread title. So the point is valid.

good point, but to be fair, there were those of us that were searching the internet and dragging that info here for all to see or discuss. Some of us are just plain tired of being the information collectors rather than the readers.

Over the years, people would get on us about not enough content and so on, and quite frequently, those making the comments turned out to be those that were 'readers', not actually doing the background work that many here do. Taking the time to search the net, find relevant stuff and bring it here for everyone to use.

lastly:

not a fair statement. After 15 + years, I need a break. I am still around, just not committing the time to search the cesspool that is the internet for anything of value. Too much fake bullshit out there nowadays, so little of value. Typical of 2 leggers, whole lotta yammerin on about nothing or with some ulterior motive in mind such as propaganda or self enrichment. Quite pathetic really.

trying to read articles from authors whose list of credits self granted are longer than their damn articles for criminy sakes. Etc.

Lt Dan, gringott, Irons and 1 other person like this.
  36. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

My best night on GIM 2 is coming up to it's first year anniversary.

Joe King and gringott like this.
  37. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    I guess I am with the "PMs aren't hot" crowd as to an explanation why there isn't as much activity here as before.
    When I decided to get into PMs seriously was when GIM1 was going away, I desperately needed information, I barely got in and it shut down. GIM2 came up and it was a great help to me, everybody sharing information and opinions. Thank you all. There is limited gain now in that area, not much movement as others have said. The deals posted have been a great area of interest to me. So I stick around to read and post in "other areas of common interest".

Don't worry, if the forum is still around when the stock market takes the obvious long overdue dump, this place will be flooded with new members, just like the aftermath of 2007-2008.

Think of the evolution of discussion electronically. First there were Bulletin Board Systems, some carrying Usenet discussion threads [I ran one], then access to "commercial" internet was opened up, and discussion went to the first big guys, like AOL and Yahoo! etc, then special interest stand alone forums came around, followed by the first social media platforms like Facebook and Myspace, now all the other platforms like Twitter, snapchat etc. Personally I am stuck in the forum era, I find it much more interesting and easier to dredge up important information. Try finding out a nugget of information from 5 or 10 years ago about a certain car's maintenance on a social media platform rather than a forum dedicated to that car. Good luck!

As for Facebook and the like, sorry, I don't have the patience to read through huge amounts of crap to find a bit of gold dust once a month or so. Good for keeping in touch with family and friends worldwide, however. There are many people from my past I would have no way to find never mind contact scattered around the world if not for Facebook to be honest. Of course, once found I try to move the actual important contact to email.

Hystckndle, Lt Dan and searcher like this.
  38. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Gold Pirate Gold Chaser

disabled veteran
    True! I visit several forums, some several times a day, some not at all or rarely. This is probably the most active that I'm a member of. It's not just metals. I also see the same decline in activity in biker forums, just for instance. I do not do facebook, wife joined, I've never seen her spend more than a few minutes browsing it for pictures or whatever.

gringott likes this.