1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

'Fake' Apollo Moon Landing

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Scorpio, Nov 19, 2017.

1. EricTheCat

EricTheCat Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Did you think about dark adaption at all when watching this video? Did any thought cross your mind about dark adaption at all?

abeland1 likes this.
  2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Dark adaptation? No, I was too busy focusing on how the liars were contradicting one another to worry about pupil dilation.

In other news, it takes a number of trees to make up a forest...

3. EricTheCat

The fact you never once thought about dark adaption during the entire video is very telling.

abeland1 likes this.
  4. solarion

Totally. Probably also why Collins couldn't reach consensus with Armstrong about whether they could see stars. Probably also why Buzz and the ISS "astro-nots" disagree in other places.

Apparently people sometimes hang out on the moon and pretend to be in space/time with their eyes closed.

5. stoli

stoli New Member

How the hell did they film there own takoff from the moon surface?

solarion, spinalcracker and michael59 like this.
  6. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    better yet: Who panned the camera upwards? I suppose there was a string attached through a anchor and pulley system.

solarion and stoli like this.
  7. stoli

stoli New Member

Lmao.

8. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

It was mounted on the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV), where it was remotely controlled from Mission Control on Earth.

A Detailed Look at the Camera Gear Behind the Historical Apollo 11 Moon Landing
    How interesting. This article also has some additional information on the cameras and the lenses that the apollo crew carried. (for those of you interested)

BF

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    abeland1 likes this.
  9. solarion

Right, that's the excuse we've been told. NASA always has an excuse. We discussed this earlier in this thread. The Apollo actors couldn't be bothered to film Earth for even a second, but they wasted their time setting up a complex rig so they could create their wholly uninspiring alleged departure.

#clownshow

This is like when NASA is asked how they get two astro-nots in a 70mm picture frame when they claim there were only two actors pretending to be on the moon's surface at a time. The response is along the lines of "those are composites" ...those are of course the ONLY fake pictures though, the rest are absolutely genuine. You can trust the department of war guys, they never lie.

10. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

That bugged me too. Then I realized it had to have been shot using a live feed video camera, not film. Video cameras were invented in the early 50's.

Joe King likes this.
  11. solarion

...and then of course you get to deal with the inverse square law. IOW how does the alleged feed travel the alleged 238,900 miles back to Terra? #nasamagic

None of this bothers die hard NASA fans though. Heck NASA claimed to have communicated with voyager 1 a while back. That piece of junk is supposedly 9.5 billion miles away. To say this is not possible is a gross understatement.

12. michael59

20 years logging
    Well I seen a face I should not have seen. I don't know much about photography but I have taken a few pictures and have had a few taken of me. One of these picks was on a cloudy day and the guy took it with the sun at his back and I was 60 feet up rigging a topped out tree. Guess what? I was silowetted out, nothing but shadow and the tree also. So that face should not be visible but there it is and that to me with all the other crap just shows fakery.

solarion likes this.
  13. solarion

Space sucks.

A jet cannot work in an infinite vacuum. A rocket is essentially a jet that carries its own oxygen supply. A rocket cannot work in the alleged infinite vacuum of space, as there is nothing to push against.

I realize it's unpleasant to recognize that you've been lied to your whole life, but it's really just that simple. Whenever NASA claims they're using "maneuvering thrusters" in the vacuum of space...they're lying. They lie constantly.

Of course the NASA fairy dust believers will inevitably claim someone tossing a weight on a skateboard proves Newton's third law applies in space...even though it doesn't. Next they'll claim gas propulsion can work in a vacuum chamber...which is true...unless the vacuum chamber is near infinite in size...like space. Just look at the silly maneuvering jets mounted to the silly grade skool craft project looking LEM. Do you really believe those piddly things could rotate the LEM in an infinite negative pressure vacuum? Why do you believe that? Is it based on observable science or is it based on your appreciation of sci-fi movies?

Crockett likes this.
  14. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

The guy in the window is Cernan. He was looking out the window as the pic was taken.
    ...and the reason you were silhouetted in your pic probably because you were back-lit. That's what a silhouette is, a blocking of light. With the Apollo pic, it's obvious it was taken with light being reflected off the assent module.
    ie: Cernan's face was lit up by light, yours wasn't.

Of course not, as it needs oxygen from the atmosphere to work.

Yep.

Again, that's not how rockets work. They do not need anything to push off of. Rockets work due to the forces of rapidly expanding gases. Gas exhausting out the back cause the equal and opposite reaction of the rocket moving forward.

abeland1 likes this.
  15. michael59

20 years logging
    Oh fuddy-dudey there you go again ignoring your own admission of how reflective that sunlight was and that is why the astro-never-there was lit up in the shadows as underneath the lander. You are not going to use two sets of physical properties to argue a point you should have left alone, ur so busted here you could go to jail....ON the moon of course.

Holie crapazoid how did I actually know you would take the bait? Shit I am a legend in my own mind now, crap my head is so swelled up my cover wont fit my head anymore.

I all reality you think that, that little light would out shine that sunlight while being in a shadow and all the light scattering about? Oh my, my you are or do take the cake there bub. *snickers* Oh your killing me here with your arguments against and for's hahahah.....:bombs 7::bomb 1::angry then happy::belly laugh::belly laugh::belly laugh:

16. #48Fan

#48Fan Silver Member Silver Miner

Dem rockets be pushin off that dark matter, yo.

solarion and michael59 like this.
  17. Joe King

Dark matter may or may not be a thing, but rockets don't push off anything. When something is burned, all that is happening is that matter is changing form one form to another very rapidly. Usually from a solid or liquid into a gas. Liquids and solids used as rocket fuel rapidly expand when ignited. If it wasn't for the exhaust of a rocket, it'd become a giant size firecracker when lit. It's only because of the hole at the bottom directing those rapidly expanding gases away from the rocket. That's when the law of motion that says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    Ie: expanded exhaust gases go one way, rocket starts moving the other way.
    Edited to add: haven't you ever played with firecrackers? How 'bout those things things that look like firecrackers, but spin around on the ground looking like a little flower? Well, those are just a firecracker with a hole pierced in the side at a location to allow the gases to expand outward in a particular direction to make it spin around. If the hole was in the end of it and you attached a small stick to it and stuck in a coke bottle, you'd have a bottle rocket. It works the same way. Via the rapid expansion of gas directed in a particular direction. It's not pushing off the air.

Maybe this short 4 minute vid can explain better than I can.

Oh fuddy duddy yourself Mike. You're tellin' me that if you were in a spaceship taking off from your last ever trip to the Moon, you wouldn't look out the window if one were available to look out of? Well, that's what Cernan was doing. Same as any other normal person would do in that situation. You included.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  18. #48Fan

I think you are missing the point here, JK. What you are describing is how rockets work in an atmosphere where there are gases to push off of. In space, there are no gases for a rocket to push off of. The controlled explosion would just drift off into space because there is nothing to react to. Make sense?

Crockett and solarion like this.
  19. michael59

20 years logging
    No, no, no, no and a BIG DAMM NO! You are not going to tell solarion that the reason the never-been-there-not was back lit by scattered light and then tell me that "Oh because it was cerrn'n" I know one of your gods but your GOD should have been obscured by the scattered light hitting the unprotected...oh shit I love that word, the unprotected glass on that dam set thingy. Now special riddle me this: How come those not walking on the moon (to coin a phrase) astro-nots had their face plates reflective and the mighty cern's poorly constructed paper Mache' set piece din't?

Oh that's right....the Gods of NASA deemed it so. Darn, I think I just peed my britches I am laughing so much.

solarion likes this.
  20. Joe King

Nope, it don't make sense. Because it ignores the "equal and opposite reaction" thing. Just the fact that the exhaust is directed in a particular direction causes an equal force to be applied in the opposite direction to the thing that gas came out of. In space, a $5 can of compressed air is a type of "rocket". If you were on a space walk and your tether broke, you could point a can of that stuff opposite the direction you wanted to go and use it to push you back the other way to safety. Unless of course you were drifting away at a greater rate than the total force applied by the cans contents were able to overcome. In that case it would merely slow your drift away by that much.

Also, a millions pound rocket far outweighs the air behind it. It seems to me that the air would just move out of the way, leaving the millions pound rocket just sitting there.

abeland1 likes this.
  21. Joe King

That's because the reflective ones used on the Moon were only for use outside on the Moon.

abeland1 likes this.
  22. michael59

20 years logging
    OH fuck me running you are devoid of thought! Where was that lander? oh yeah ON THE MOON was not the put side skin of that set piece on the moon?

Give it up before I reel you in and make chum out of you.

solarion likes this.
  23. #48Fan

So what, JK, is the "reaction" reacting upon in the vast voidness/vacuum of space? Rockets only work in an atmosphere as far a propulsion system. If thrust has nothing to propel from, then there is none. Clear it up for you?

solarion likes this.
  24. michael59

20 years logging
    here kitty, kitty; here kitty, kitty....

25. Joe King

The reaction is the rocket moving forwards.
    ...and if it was required to push against something for a rocket to move, it would require something less movable than air. The air behind a 6 million pound rocket would just move out of the way, leaving rocket not going anywhere. I think we can agree that it's easier to move air than it is to move a large dense object.

What is wrong with the fact that rockets work due the rapid expansion of gas that is directed in a particular direction?
    ...and where did anyone ever learn that rockets need air to push against in order to move?

Edited to add: it's like my firecracker example. Without a hole in the end, a firecracker just explodes. Put a hole in the end of it and you got a small rocket engine.
    ...and no, a bottle rocket does not "push" against the air in order to move. It's all about rapidly expanding gases.

Edited again to further add:...and jet engines work the same way too. Oxygen brought in the front is mixed with fuel which is then ignited which then causes the fuel to rapidly expand into a gas which is then directed out the rear of the engine producing thrust. It's still all about the rapidly expanding gases created due to the rapid oxidation of the fuel. Ie: exhaust gases rapidly moving out the rear is the action, plane moving forward is the reaction.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    abeland1 likes this.
  26. #48Fan

I guess you're not getting it. Yes, you need air to push against. Just like you need air for lift. In the vacuum of space, there is nothing to push against or provide lift.

solarion likes this.
  27. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

28. Joe King

Where did you get this idea that they push against the air?
    Because I'm sorry to tell ya, but it's a fact that rockets do not need air to push against.
    ...and it's not just a NASA thing. How do you think the Soviets launched Sputnik? With a rocket that went into space, firing its engine the whole way up there.

If there were no engine on the bottom of the rocket and the fuel was simply ignited, it would explode like a bomb. What does a bomb do when it explodes? The fuel burns rapidly and expands into a gas that expands outwards in all directions. All a rocket engine does, is to constrain that force and direct it in one particular direction causing the equal and opposite reaction of the rocket moving forward.

abeland1 likes this.
  29. michael59

20 years logging
    Now that is a sexy ship,

30. michael59

20 years logging
    What's ammater joe? Do you not want to address the thing of you bending reality and getting caught?

Look special you can make false claims and it is ok but when ur false claims get crossed up and contradict themselves well then THAT I just cannot let go.

Joe ur relegated BACK to the porch to pee with the puppies. And, no I will not allow you to hunt with me.

solarion likes this.
  31. #48Fan

Yes JK, momentum will carry it into space. We are talking about once it is in space.

solarion likes this.
  32. Joe King

Even when in space, a rocket works the same way. Via the forces created by rapidly expanding gases as a result of combustion.
    Also, the air gets very thin the higher you go. So if pushing against air is how it works, as the rocket rises it would have an exponential reduction in thrust. Or are you trying to say you think that you'd get as much "push" off of air 50 miles up where it's about a 1000 times less dense than here at the surface?
    ...and you're not answering the question of why wouldn't the air just get pushed out of the way? Isn't air infinitely easier to move than millions of pounds of a rocket?

To think it wouldn't work like that, is to assume a bomb couldn't explode in space.
    ...and again, where did you ever get the idea that a rocket pushes against the air to begin with?

Haven't you ever pushed off of something when sitting in a chair with wheels on it, making yourself roll across the floor in the opposite direction? If so, the only reason your push resulted in your chair rolling is because the chair moves easier than the thing you pushed off of. I think we all know what would happen if you were to try pushing off of something that moved easier than your chair would. It would move away as you and your chair hardly moved at all.
    To push off of something requires that the thing pushed off of is more solid than the thing you are trying to move.
    ...and again, air is infinitely easier to move than a millions pound rocket.

33. Joe King

Not as much as you are, apparently.

Clearly, yet you want to insist that you know exactly what would or would not be seen in a pic taken on the Moon? lol

Yes, but not outside. The helmets and visors you see in the pics taken on the Moons surface were only used when leaving the lander, silly.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  34. solarion

joking will not get it, simply because he chooses not to get it. He's emotionally invested in the idea of space/time travel. Newton's 3rd law is constantly held up as an excuse for how/why space time travel could work, but it ignores the fundamental problem that there's nothing to react against.

I don't read joking's rubbish because he doesn't say anything original...ever. He just vomits forth what lamestream pseudo-science claims. As a result his "arguments" are painfully predictable. He'll not have watched the videos I linked and he'll not adequately address the obviousness of the arguments presented there by structural engineers. He'll not address them because he wants to believe in that which is illogical.

Hopium belief dies hard. You cannot on the one hand claim that space is an infinite vacuum(negative pressure) and then turn around and claim that some piddly gas nozzle can magically push against that infinite negative pressure vacuum by releasing pressurized gas to move. Certainly if there were two masses taken aloft to react against one another using concussive force(picture giant bullets) then there could be a case made for equal and opposite reaction, but that wouldn't and couldn't happen with current rocket lifting capacity.

Rockets cannot work in an infinite vacuum, and therefore cannot work in theoretical space/time. Sorry guys, I like sci-fi movies too, but it's a fantasy.

Nobody has ever landed on the moon. The preponderance of evidence overwhelmingly supports this conclusion. Yet the argument against is even more fundamental than that. Rockets/maneuvering jets simply do not work in an infinite vacuum. NASA has lied constantly about nearly everything.

#48Fan likes this.
  35. michael59

20 years logging
    dam u, u dud....get a grip (U know one of those guys with the 100mile an hour tape)

You ditz and yes you are! You argued against the sword of VALOR poked by none other than Imperius that the back light was from....oh doggies I am laughing my chicken coop off here...

U f'n argued that the back light was from the sun...and b'n a stupid freak you now argue that ."""THAT""" don't count on the ser'n-in fucking pick...

You are amazing just rainbow amazing....

solarion likes this.
  36. solarion

When complex and often contradictory arguments must be employed to defend a particular perspective, perhaps one should consider that perspective itself to be founded upon something other than logic, reason, and empiricism.

37. EricTheCat

Only thing an engine would need to do is throw a lot of something in the opposite direction it wants to move to accelerate. No need for anything behind it to push off of. Simple physics. Of course, I could be ridiculed for stating this, as there are some who seem to think these easily testable and observable physical phenomena that have been known about for centuries are the product of NASA lies.

38. michael59

20 years logging
    get over your stupidvisers...

you think that what is good for the goose is not good for the? just go get in a rope and jump off a cliff already. go get bent

39. Joe King

You're the one who started the stupid chit. All I'm doing is answering your questions you had. You may not like the answers, but answers they most certainly are. It's a fact that those helmets they wore on the Moon were only used on the Moons surface and that face you see is Cernan looking out the window as they launched.

As for getting bent, I think you are the King when it comes to putting on a good bender.

40. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Gold Pirate Gold Chaser

disabled veteran
    13259467_1286727964674157_1315768187_n.jpg

Fight nice ladies...

solarion and michael59 like this.