1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Famous Investors of the World

Discussion in 'Real Estate & Other Investments' started by Alexis John, Nov 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alexis John

Alexis John New Member

I created this thread to know more about giant investor profiles which are not very know to all new investors. So that we can see their profiles to learn something more about whats going on theoir minds?

Warren Buffett
    George Soros

Tell me more??

2. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Jim Rogers...one time partner with Soros

Welcome to GIM2

3. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

I'm going outside the box from what you're probably looking for. More of a trader/speculator, but:

Partridge!!!

Old Turkey!!!

If you have any interest whatsoever in the stock market, #1 must read book of the century (1923): reminiscences of a stock opererator

Anyone interested, Pm me for a link to a pdf of the book

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  4. Alexis John

Alexis John New Member

Warren Buffet’s portfolio consists of 44 publicly traded companies. The vast majority of them (32) provide dividends, a number of which provide annual dividends in excess of four percent. You don’t amass a $60.0-billion fortune as an investor by mistake. As the third-wealthiest person on the planet, Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway stock has, over the last 51 years, grown from a per-book share value of $19.00 to $155,501. That’s a staggering compound annual growth rate of 19.2%.

How does the “Oracle of Omaha” do it? “My wealth has come from a combination of living in America, some lucky genes, and compound interest,” Buffet said. “My luck was accentuated by my living in a market system that rewards those who can detect the mispricing of securities with sums reaching into the billions.”

Some of these dividend paying stocks that are listed in his portfolio are:
    General Motors Company
    General Motors Company (NYSE/GM) is one of the world’s biggest automakers, with well-known brands such as Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. The company operates through four business segments: GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations, and GM South America.
    Verizon Communications Inc.
    Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is the second-largest communications provider, next to AT&T. But it’s bigger than AT&T when it comes to wireless services. Thanks to having the country’s largest wireless network, which gives it a competitive advantage, Verizon has 112.1 million customers.
    General Electric Company
    From turbines and TVs to aircraft engines and power plants, General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) brings good things to life. Of the 12 companies that made up the original Dow Jones Industrial Average way back in 1896, only GE is still on the list.

Source: Warren Buffett Dividend Paying Stocks

5. GwenBuzz

GwenBuzz New Member

What are some of his other investments apart from stocks. I found that he hardly invest in gold and stuff.