1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

FED watch

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Weatherman, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

The FED meets on 12/12 to decide about interest rates. My guess is that a quarter point increase is almost certain, and the current weakness in metal prices is front running the news about rising interest rates. I am looking for a bottom in metals a few days before or after the FED rate announcement.

But I would not be surprised if the outbound FED chair arranges to bump that increase up 3/8, or even a half point. A rate increase that is bigger than the expected 1/4 point would be a black swan that could trigger a correction (a few percent or maybe more) in the stock market.

Po'boy and davycoppitt like this.
  2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

You don't think this is priced into the debt market? Yield on the 10yr is up about .3% since the September lows.

Aurumag likes this.
  3. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Long time ago Charles Givens had a money movement strategy wave chart. When interest rates are low, stocks will grow. Then he had bond & MM funds & the timing decision line. Anyone remember it? Anyone have it?

4. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

5. Uncle

Uncle Gold Member Gold Chaser

6. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Thanks Uncle. Been a long time sense MM accounts paid over 9.5% interest. Hard to get your head around how much opportunity they have stolen from us. But then that is what they do to chattle & slaves.

In Hindsight I wonder how that would have worked if FEAR was not part of that equation.
    With all the fake news I wonder where we are today.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 at 7:19 AM
  7. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    No way to tell

8. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    I was hoping that this thread was about a fed suicide watch.

Po'boy and Alton like this.
  9. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Considering just how confusticated money and markets are at this point, not even the fed has a clue of what to do...not that ever really did but markets figured out the stupidity of the fed long ago and have done whatever was possible to dance around fed errors and still make a profit. Today almost any fed action could result in financial calamity.

10. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    I thought raising the rates was akin to suicide, seeing how leveraged all the derivatives are?

The economy is a corpse. Fuckin Frankinstein since the '08 too big to fail collapse.

Hard to believe this is really happening and not just some late nite '50s horror movie.

Grab the popcorn and watch time :cow: It can't end well. How? We all become millionares on bitcoin??

No, somethin so evil we can't even comprehend it until we are in the belly of this beast surrounded by digestive juice.

And then it will be like< wtf? How did this happen?

Po'boy likes this.