1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Appeals Court Issues MAJOR Ruling on “Right to Work”

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Federal Appeals Court Issues MAJOR Ruling on “Right to Work”
    July 12, 2017 By Steve Straub

A three panel judge from the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals just issued a major ruling on Wisconsin’s ability to transform itself into a “right to work state” and is a huge blow to liberal labor unions and their corrupt bosses:

A federal appeals court panel has upheld Wisconsin’s right-to-work law.

The law prohibits businesses and unions from reaching agreements that require all workers to pay union dues. Unions maintain the law enables nonunion members to receive free representation. The International Union of Operating Engineers filed a lawsuit last year alleging that amounts to an unconstitutional taking.

U.S. District Judge J.P. Stadtmueller upheld the law in September, citing a 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling upholding Indiana’s nearly identical right-to-work law.

A three-judge panel from the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Stadtmueller on Wednesday. The panel noted that the 7th Circuit has upheld Indiana’s law and the union didn’t show a reason to revisit that decision.​

This is a major victory for Governor Scott Walker and for workers in Wisconsin.

Giving workers a “Right to Work” helps cripple the corrupt leftist leaning labor unions while allowing businesses to fairly compete using marketplace wages which drives growth, prosperity and opportunity as Heritage reports.

In right-to-work states, unions must persuade workers to voluntarily purchase their services. That forces them to provide quality representation that improves workers’ lives. Unions do not have to work nearly as hard in states such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin with forced dues. Romanchock saw no visible benefit from his union but it could still demand he pay.

This system hurts workers. As Gary Casteel, the Southern regional director for the United Auto Workers puts it:

“This is something I’ve never understood, that people think right-to-work hurts unions. To me, it helps them. You don’t have to belong if you don’t want to. So if I go to an organizing drive, I can tell these workers, ‘If you don’t like this arrangement, you don’t have to belong.’ Versus, ‘If we get 50% of you, then all of you have to belong, whether you like to or not.’ I don’t even like the way that sounds, because it’s a voluntary system, and if you don’t think the system’s earning its keep, then you don’t have to pay.”

Right-to-work also attracts investment and jobs. Since 1990, employment has grown twice as fast in right-to-work states as in non-right-to-work states such as Wisconsin. Not surprisingly, right-to-work states have lower unemployment.

This happens because right-to-work laws make union organizers less aggressive. Mandatory dues put a lot of money on the table for unions. An organizing victory means every worker must pay them hundreds of dollars a year. So they put considerable resources into organizing companies in non-right-to-work states.​

2. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    This is great news for freedom lovers

the_shootist and Someone_else like this.
  3. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

I hate unions for their open warfare against the employers. Usually, they act like parasites, only interested in what they can forcibly extract this year or the next few years, but not thinking about the next decade or two when they might kill their host. Note that I don't exonerate psychopathic corporations from the evil they do. Evil should be punished. But two wrongs don't make a right.

I would be all for unions if they would abandon their wage stupidity and get behind problems with work environment issues. These might be physical problems (eg, safety related) or just having a boss that is overbearing and stupid as shit. Those would be a good cause to present to the company, and to give direct action (eg, strike) to give pain to the company if they won't be reasonable.

the_shootist and Ensoniq like this.
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

As Jeff Sessions put it, we need to put people back to work. There are some 3 generations of the same able bodied families (politicians not included) that have not worked. Time to eliminate the welfare state, go back to work, pay taxes and have a stake in the country instead of just laying around seeing what you can scam.

Glasgow, edsl48 and Ensoniq like this.
  5. Ensoniq

Free Marketeer
    As someone once said. I'm ok with a safety net for the few, not a hammock for the many

Glasgow, TRYNEIN and nickndfl like this.
  6. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    We're going to need a revolution for that. Obama has built his legacy and it will take a civil war to overcome it

7. Treasure Searcher

Treasure Searcher Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

I bet that when the employer is kicking that worker and his lunch box out the door and telling him to not come back, he will be screaming to the
    union for job protection. Sort of like refusing to pay for fire insurance and wishing they had it, when their house is burning down.

8. Ensoniq

Free Marketeer
    He may be screaming but what gives the right to the factory owners money

He can't be made to work and shouldn't be. Conversely the factory owner shouldn't be made to hire him or pay him any more than he wants to offer

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    D-FENZ likes this.
  9. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Unions are a pipedream, just like communism. Both have incredible aspirations, but over time become downtrodden with parasite psychopaths, who accelerate entropy by gravitating to such positions of leadership like moths to the flame. Both are untenable with the concept of true freedom and is a true pipedream of the lazy. And neither will work in the long run, but I guess thats true of civilizations as well, just not as quickly...

Someone_else likes this.
  10. Treasure Searcher

Treasure Searcher Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Workers have a right to contract for their labor. Its their labor that will be making the employer money.

I used to work in an automotive plant. It was union and we made our employer money. Nearly every union contract that was negotiated, we received an hourly pay raise and increased benefits.

If you want to go out and try and make it on your own, good luck! Union wage and benefits or minimum wage and government cheese!