1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Feel good Combat Veteran Story

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by gringott, Sep 9, 2017.

1. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Graduate of the Class of 2004, United States Military Academy [USMA], combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, is going to play a free concert in Westerly, RI, his hometown. He is currently out of the Army [discharged in June] and studying at the University of Miami perusing a Master of Business Administration degree.

In his show and in his music, Lowther said, listeners will hear a little of everything ... “classical, Middle Eastern music, Indian, bluegrass, and Country Western.”

“I want to change people’s ideas about what violinists do,” added Lowther, calling his show more “performance art” than concert. The free concert takes place at Perks and Corks, on Sunday from 8:30-11:30 p.m. Sunday’s concert, said the soldier who served as the platoon leader for the 1st Infantry Division, 2nd Brigade — Dagger —9th Engineer Battalion — Gilas, “will be like a homecoming.”

“I’ll tell my story throughout,” added Lowther who led a platoon of soldiers whose mission was to seek out insurgents, find IED’s and disable them. “I want to show people how I’ve grown up.” Visit perksandcorks.com for more information.

He's flying home to do the free concert as a thank you to the community that supported him during his deployments.

“This community has been so wonderful to Kevin,” said Dianne Lowther, who lives in Westerly with her husband, Kevin. “He’s had such a supportive group of people from Rhode Island. I don’t think a week went by that he didn’t get a package from someone here when he was in Iraq.”

“My violin’s a combat veteran too,” added Lowther, who’s been playing since he was a youngster.

[​IMG]

http://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/...from-westerly-set-to-play-free.html#gallery-8

Aurumag and searcher like this.