1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Florida Highway Patrol's Email Demands Troopers Write Two Tickets Per Hour;

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by BarnacleBob, Aug 10, 2017.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    ....and water is wet! What else is new?

3. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

"The patrol wants to see two citations each hour...," Welch writes. "This is not a quota; it is what we are asking you to do to support this important initiative."
    => My comment: It's a quota.

Aurumag and the_shootist like this.
  4. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance." -- Declaration of Independence, 1776

mtnman, Aurumag and Mujahideen like this.
  5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I think I would rephrase it and say we need to target reckless drivers which includes speeding, improper lane changes, distracted driving, etc. I do 1k+ miles on Florida roads PER WEEK and always see the boys out pulling people over. I also often clock reckless drivers doing 100+ mph going down the turnpike with my own radar unit I use for my business auditing commercial drivers. The closer you get to Miami on the east coast the worse it gets. On the west coast, Clearwater is almost as bad as Miami. Orlando is also pretty crazy too.

Please target the bad drivers and just don't go after speeders. It's a win/win and good PR. Too many accidents down here which messes it up for all the rest trying to get where they need to go around closed down lanes.