1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

For the members who worship a religion, tell me your opinion on this :

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by HardTruth, Sep 1, 2017.

1. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

The most impressive form of kindness, is kindness that is done without expectations of being rewarded .

Would a all knowing, all divine, all loving God be more impressed with his human creations that acted good on earth, out of fear or expectations of being eternally rewarded

OR

Would that same God be more impressed with his human creations that acted good on earth , out of mere love and compassion, and THEY DID NOT, expect eternal rewards for it , or do it out of fear of a ultimatum from God that they would burn in hell for eternity.

I know its hard for many religious people to think about these logical statements, but IMHO, it exposes the insanity and illogical nature of that which you worship.

Using the religious circular logic of " my religion is the only correct religion because my religious text says so " is not proof of anything, because that same asinine logic can be used by most religious people, no matter what cult they worship.

2. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Why are you interested in any answer from anyone with faith?

Your motivation appears to be nothing but self-serving and antagonistic

Why don't you just tell us what the answers to your logical questions are?

mayhem, bb28, phoneman and 3 others like this.
  3. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Is there anything more antagonistic , or self serving , then being told by culties, you deserve to burn in hell, if you don't worship as they do ?

My answer ? I am more impressed by acts of kindness from humans, who do so without expectations of being rewarded or do so out of " fear" of being punished by a vengeful God. I believe a moral an divine God, would feel the same way.

Now, will you give us your answer ?

4. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker

Well, there you have it. you have your beliefs ... and everyone else has theirs. ... cheers

5. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Yes, this is how it is with all subjects and debates. I thought that what these discussion forums were for ?

Bottom Feeder likes this.
  6. bb28

bb28 Silver Member Silver Miner

It's just kind of strange when you ask these questions with a predefined idea already in mind. Why bother even asking? Are you just doing a survey? Do you work for the government?

bb

Joseph, mayhem, phoneman and 2 others like this.
  7. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Religious discussions tend to degrade into pissing contests so I try to avoid them. At this point there is no saving humanity from its fate. Discussion is pretty much not going to fix things now IMHO!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  8. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Is the approach , much different then your " predefined" idea that you embraced from the bible ?

Most of these ideas,/questions are my ideas about religion after 30 years of debate and individual thinking into the subject . I did not plagiarize most of these ideas , they are mostly my own form of studying a vastly illogical mindset known as religions. By asking these logical questions , it can be a better approach to the false dogmas religious people embrace . When religious people shy away from these tough questions or provide illogical responses such as " THE BIBLE IS TRUE, BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS IT IS TRUE" , it verifies my belief of how faulty religions are.

9. bb28

I think you have a bunch of your own preconceived notions on why people would shy away from these questions. I'm not sure there is even a reason to respond if you're just fishing to see what people think.

bb

mayhem, phoneman and Son of Gloin like this.
  10. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

Obviously the second option is the right one. The problem is the finite understanding of mankind has tried to explain the unimaginable and indeterminable rationale of an infinite God. It's an impossibility. Rather like a 3 year old attempting to explain global economics. The 3 year old is going to get a lot wrong...

phoneman, Usury and Son of Gloin like this.
  11. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Sometimes you just got a let people have their beliefs.

If someone tries to tell me that rap music is bad or that sports are stupid, or that marijuana causes hypertension, I'm not gonna listen to them, and you can make all the valid points that you want.

Glasgow and Surface like this.
  12. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

But Rap music IS bad. ;) hahaha

13. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

This guy has been on this forum under several other names. It's a bug up his ass. Don't feed the troll.

phoneman, Usury and Son of Gloin like this.
  14. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Of course, I contend that rap music is not music. There is a beat and there is "poetry" (??!!) But there is no melody line at all in Rap music. That may pass the muster with some people; but it fails the test for me.

Edit to add: I was always taught to do good even when no one was watching. We do good, not out of expectation of reward, but because it is the right thing to do.

Cigarlover, mayhem, Surface and 3 others like this.
  15. Garyw

Garyw Am I a Retired Veteran or a Right Wing Fanatic? Silver Miner

tired and retired
    It must be I see Vanilla Ice has a weekly show now remodeling houses

Usury and Mujahideen like this.
  16. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

God don't like tattle tales. You ready to rot in hell ?

I shall pray for you.

17. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

On the subject of "rap" , I agree that much of it should not be declared music , since it truly lacks melody, counter melodies , talented musicianship and song construction and is often just 1
    repetitious drum beat { often by a preprogrammed drum machine or keyboard} with lyrics that are not even sung , but mostly spoken. Its a genre that doesn't impress me, but if others love it, then so be it.

I think a better name for this genre would be , " lyrics applied to a beat" and not " rap music" .

18. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Yes, this would seem obvious to me also. But yet these religious folk, just cant seem to embrace such simple logics.

The religious logic dictates that :

the most charitable loving, kind, honest human on earth, still deserves eternal pain and torture in hell, if they did not properly worship the 1 correct religion/ God.

Why doesn't everyone see the incredible evil and physcopath nature of such a belief ?

19. hammerhead

Gee, thanks Sunny Day/Sunshine Alley/Hard Truth.

I see you have an audience for now. Save the world.

mtnclimberjim likes this.
  20. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

My feelings have been hurt, because you did not take enough time to go back 15 years ago and mention my username on goldismoney 1.

By the way, isn't that 1 purpose of these discussion forums , to have a audience, debate, discussion ? If not, then why are you here ?

21. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

The fact that you would ask such a question , indicates you have divine guidance .

Yes, I work for the govt.
    You've heard of the F.B.I ?
    I work for the R.B.I.
    Religious Bureau of Investigations.
    Be afraid...be VERY AFRAID .
    Prayer is your best protection at this point in time.

22. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Oh myyyyyy. You got me droppin lincoln logs in my pants. Oh please, tell us what to pray for??

Dear God this man is bad.

mayhem and Son of Gloin like this.
  23. BackwardsEngineeer

BackwardsEngineeer If I weren't a snowflake, I'd have no luck at all Silver Miner

Man truth, you need to chill out. Not sure who peep in your cornflakes, but around these parts we prefer mellow. You're not going to change anyones mind on PM's , religion, gun control or politics, this is one stubborn bunch. As far as I know RBI stands for real bad indigestion.... which is about all you got in this thread.

searcher and Son of Gloin like this.
  24. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Yes, religious people don't generally like logical questions that expose the faults and idiocies of their beliefs.
    Their method of attack is often to verbally condemn all non believers to a eternity in hell.
    My method of attack is to ask logical questions about their illogical religious beliefs, and then watch them squirm about.

My question In the 1st post of this thread is a perfect example. Notice that not 1 religious person has offered a logical reply to that question.
    When these tough questions are asked, religious people usually ignore it, or go to their " fail safe " illogical response of " CAUSE DA BIBLE SAYS SO " .
    Why would a divine loving god, have greater respect for someone who is charitable out of fear, or expectations of getting a bigger reward for their charity , then someone who is charitable out of their good heart , and not needing religions to be part of their charity nor expecting eternal divine rewards for their charity?

Is it not insane to think a divine God will send a human who is the most loving, caring and honest person on earth, to a eternity of pain and hellfire, just because that person did not worship a manmade religion ?

25. hammerhead

Wasn't around for 1. You're butt hurt over religions. While discussion is good, it's obvious you are on one track. Entertainment mostly. Maybe our religious members will pray for you.

mayhem, Son of Gloin and Usury like this.
  26. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Is my " 1 track" any worse then the 1 track religious people are on ? Their track, cannot handle logical discussion or logical questions, my track, can.

27. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Wow. At first I thought it was just some 12 year old on his moms cell ph, but check out dudes web page. MY GOD.

28. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Religion is dogma for groups, and therefore is just another form of politics.

Spirituality, on the other hand, is individual, and IMHO is truth.

29. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    in light of "the bible says so " comment...the bible says "above all love one another" ....dont have a clue what the Koran ..Confucius etc others have to say...

the question i have a problem answering in my mind is ....where did the very first spark of life come from in the universe....bridging the gap between the elements and life as a form of evolvement is difficult for me to comprehend

seems obvious to me irregardless of religion that......doing good seems to reap benefits in society as a whole ...lack of doing good seems to reap "hell on earth" in the fact i would hate to live in a society that was 100% self centered

and NO i am not going to debate the above :) im old n set in my ways its a useless excercize in futility

i have noticed as i age that my peak knowlege point in my life climbed quickly and peaked when i was 17 years old ......and has slowly declined since then

yeah i missed the whole point of the conversation above LOL

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  30. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

"Would that same God be more impressed with his human creations that acted good on earth , out of mere love and compassion, and THEY DID NOT, expect eternal rewards for it , or do it out of fear of a ultimatum from God that they would burn in hell for eternity."

Your questioning, which seems very slanted, does not work if you are directing it towards Christianity. People don't rush out and do good deeds because they are afraid of eternal separation from God. Like, we better high tail it to Houston or we are burning in the lake of fire.
    Who exactly are you addressing here?

31. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    K, rap musak is bad, just bad because "rap" means talking theses shit heads do not talk at all. oh and they are bad rhyme-er to boot. and, come on sports? jumping chokers there bud. now as per hypertension? Tension meaning tight and hyper meaning way?

just f'n with ya but that rap stuff? K got me there; every body rhymes it is what nursery songs are all about. So? Willing to step into the junior leagues?

32. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Perhaps I was unclear on my point .

If you ask most religious folk, they will tell you , it is not enough be charitable , moral, honest and loving on earth..those thing alone will not grant you entry into heaven and the only way you get that heavenly ticket, is to worship the 1 correct religion/ God.

My reply is baloney . A truly divine God would probably be more impressed by humans who spend their lives doing good charitable deeds and are not doing it with expectations of getting some type of religious reward later in life / or after death or based upon some religious command { like the promise of eternal divine rewards or the vengefulness of sending that person to a eternity in hell for being bad on earth , etc} .

Put yourself in Gods shoes for a moment { if he exists} . Would you be more impressed by your creations that spend a life doing good things, just out of the goodness of their heart/ soul , or more impressed out of your creations that do the exact same amount of goodness, because they did it out of fears, promises of divine rewards based upon religious dogmas ?

For me, the person that does good, and doesn't expect a reward and doesn't do it out of fear, is a BETTER person.

33. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    This why you are here?

This is your answer.

34. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Lotta good songs don't get on the radio or TV

It's not my favorite song butt I hope nobody can hate on this.

This song explains why I'm not a friendly person.

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  35. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

I figure if the religious folk can continually and verbally condemn non believers to hell, the least I can do is counter their childish attacks with logical questions that exposes the silliness of some of their religious beliefs. I believe my method is a bit more mature then just telling them they deserve to rot in hell, for not having the same beliefs as me.

36. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    i dont see how a "creator" "divine being" etc....would be "impressed" by anything humans do no matter how they do it.....i would suspect belief and obedience would be the prime directives .....

37. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

LOL
    I was going to avoid this tonight but got so exhausted even trying to keep up
    O.K.,
    First, catch your breath, one thing I know, the more you know, the less people give a shit about you, you're a threat

To begin with, I know nothing
    LOL
    I can't speak for others, they do just fine on their own but I've got my own also, it works, mostly and when it doesn't, it's kinda easy to trace where this half-century + MF'r went wrong, plus lots of "old school" know-how got me out of most of the rest
    The rest is just FAITH

Faith you won't beat my ass because your club is bigger than mine, your bicep is bigger than mine and I called you a bad name
    Faith you won't call me a bad name

Faith my job will be there tomorrow
    etc

LOL
    anyway:

Discussions usually don't occur with only one "idea" with only one "answer"
    My wife taught me that, thanks honey, now STFU
    LOL

O.K.

(re-read, my wife, talking 'bout my wife)

You like the word Logical

Is it Logical to believe that ALL Christians, whom I have learned are actually "reformed Jews" but that word has a bad wrap around here, anyway, Is it Logical to believe that all Christians are dickheads and deserve to be chastised by you because they don't fit into this paradigm you created as being the only way a Christian is?

I'm not being to disingenuous with my reference to Christianity, am I? I am believing that it's Christians you're trying to shame, right?

O.K.

LOL
    O.K., perhaps the bug but not the "several other names", you only wish you could read my drivel daily, you dirty dog:dog:

LOL
    Troll should be next but don't let me suggest anymore cause dickhead would eventually come up LOL
    yep
    LOL:2 thumbs up:
    (gotta fix this one too cause it was you who suggested Troll, how drnuk am eye?)

Good Chap!

Fixed it

You mention "evil"
    So, you have a belief in something called "evil"

You're O.K. with that?

Son of Gloin likes this.
  38. bb28

Why should anyone play your game with these questions?

As best as I can tell, you came here to mock God or people you call religious. You try to set these traps and when they fail to produce the responses you are looking for, you come back with responses like:

You don't want answers to these questions, you want to bait members into a narrative you are creating.

Instead of asking innocent-sounding questions, why don't you just admit you have come here with an AGENDA?

bb

mayhem, Son of Gloin and Buck like this.
  39. bb28

HardTruth: I'll tell you what I think at this point. I think you actually do know you are a sinner and that you will pay the price for that. You have hardened your heart and you don't want to consider other opinions. It bothers you to hear people talking positively about Jesus Christ because you know that the inheritance he promised does not apply to you since you refuse to change or acknowledge what you already inherently know. And just like a SJW snowflake, you decide you need to take public opinion into your own hands and right the situation. Instead of looking to the truth as you claim, you have given God the ultimatum that it is your way or the highway. From your testimony in all of your posts, it is rather apparent you are not at peace with God and you are not at peace with man. Otherwise, you wouldn't bother posting just to sow the seeds of trouble and confusion.

I will pray for you. The only thing God can do for you is if your will is broken and you recognize the errors of your ways. And if that does happen, it will be a miracle for you and involve much suffering on your part, not because God hates you but because of how far you have gone away from Him and His ways.

bb

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  40. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Counter?... Counter! You fucking started this sham of a thread mamm!