1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Getting In Shape For SHTF: Health & Wellness - Fitness & Sports

Discussion in 'Others-Electronics, Photography, Gardening?' started by searcher, Aug 16, 2013.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

2. searcher

KILLER BOXING COMBOS | Inside and outside fighters | JT Van V
    NateBowerFitness

Published on Nov 8, 2017

3. searcher

LIFE UPDATE! Hormones/Future Plans/Q&A
    Randi Kennedy

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    In this vlog: I give you a LIFE UPDATE! Very exciting news regarding my hormones, future career plans, and answers to some of your questions :)

4. searcher

High Protein Rice Krispy Treats | Healthy Bodybuilding Dessert Recipe
    Remington James

Published on Nov 9, 2017

5. searcher

BUILD A BEAUTIFUL UPPER BACK | NO GUILT SPAGHETTI RECIPE
    Sami Bossert

Published on Nov 8, 2017
    Outfits are by P'tula www.ptulaactive.com

Link for the Original Spaghetti YouTube Recipe is in my CLEAN EATS SERIES... xo

Link for the Paderno Spiralizer: https://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-...

BUILD A BEAUTIFUL UPPER BACK:

** If you're looking to build muscle, opt for 8-10 reps. If you're looking to lean out and burn calories, opt for 12-15 reps **

#1 Reverse Grip Bent Over Barbell Row: 8-15 reps for 4 sets
    #2 Pronated Grip Bent Over Barbell Row: 8-15 reps for 4 sets
    #3 Deep Diagonal Face Pull: 8-15 reps for 4 sets
    #4 Cable Rope Face Pull: 8-15 reps for 4 sets
    #5 Cable Rope Straight Arm Pull Down: 8-15 reps for 4 sets
    #6 Wide Grip Pull Down: 8-12 reps for 4 sets

6. searcher

7. searcher

Joel Jamieson - Part 1: Recovery Strategies & Heart Rate Variability | Mark Bell's PowerCast #237
    supertraining06

Published on Nov 8, 2017
    Famed strength and conditioning coach to UFC Flyweight Champ Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson joins us for this two-parter. Joel’s training strategies have been used by thousands of elite performers and top athletes worldwide, including the Navy Seals, UFC champions, and dozens of teams from the NFL, NBA, MLS, NCAA, and more.

In part one, we discuss strategies for training and recovery, and things that can impede both performance and recovery. We also get into heart rate variability, a metric that Joel has been assessing in athletes for a long time. What is it, and how do you know if yours is good?

8. searcher

3 Signs that You're Magnesium Deficient
    Thomas DeLauer

Published on Nov 8, 2017
    Please Subscribe for 3x Videos Per Week + Live Broadcasts!
    http://ThomasDeLauer.com

3 Signs that You're Magnesium Deficient

Causes of Deficiency

Depleted soil conditions mean that plants (and meat from animals that feed on these plants) are lower in magnesium.

Use of chemicals like fluoride and chlorine in the water supply make magnesium less available in water since these chemicals can bind to magnesium

Both a high sugar intake and elevated insulin levels (which can result from a high intake of refined carbs, including sugar) have been shown to increase the excretion of magnesium by the kidneys, by inhibiting tubular reabsorption (the same process that leads to calcium excretion) and by guzzling through the body’s magnesium reserves during sugar metabolism

*Tubular reabsorption is the process by which solutes and water are removed from the tubular fluid and transported into the blood*

Partly why people with diabetes or chronically high insulin tend to have higher magnesium requirements and more rapid magnesium depletion

3 Signs of Magnesium Deficiency - Cramps/Tight Muscles, Anxiety/Stress, Sleeplessness

Cramps/Tight Muscles

Magnesium directly interacts with your muscle tissue through a process called ion transportation.

When magnesium contacts your cell membranes, it bonds with specific receptor sites that open up the cell membrane and allow other mineral ions to enter, such as calcium and potassium. These ions help regulate muscle contractions and might ease muscle tension

Too much calcium: Calcium and magnesium have a partnership in the body - calcium causes muscles to contract and magnesium causes them to relax.

If there is too much calcium in your body, which is common in the typical American diet, –there won’t be enough magnesium to balance out the calcium –so your muscles won’t be able to properly relax (3)

Sleeplessness

In order to fall asleep your body and brain need to relax

Magnesium aids this process by activating the parasympathetic nervous system, the system responsible for getting you calm and relaxed

Magnesium regulates neurotransmitters, which send signals throughout the nervous system and brain and regulates melatonin, which guides sleep-wake cycles in your body

It also binds to gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors and activates them. GABA is the neurotransmitter responsible for quieting down nerve activity

A lack of magnesium can result in low GABA levels, and when GABA is low, your brain gets stuck in the “on” position and it becomes impossible to relax (4)

Magnesium also plays a part in helping you achieve deep and restful sleep as well (6)

Anxiety/Stress

Increasing GABA not only promotes sleep, but also reduces anxiety and stress

Low GABA is associated with numerous stress-related disorders including generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and irritable bowel syndrome

And, as mentioned, magnesium is important for binding and activating GABA receptors. Without adequate magnesium, we are unable to effectively activate GABA receptors and utilize GABA effectively

Magnesium regulates cortisol

A 2012 report, published in the Journal of Neuropharmacology,
    Magnesium deficiency caused an increase in the production of cortisol in the brains of the mice, specifically by activating the paraventricular hypothalamic nucleus, a part of the brain that controls responses to stress and anxiety

Concluded: Magnesium calms your nervous system and prevents excessive cortisol by restricting its release and acting as a filter to prevent it from entering the brain (7)

References

1) Magnesium — Health Professional Fact Sheet. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Mag...

2) Dietary magnesium and C-reactive protein levels. - PubMed - NCBI. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...

3) Magnesium as Muscle Relaxer | LIVESTRONG.COM. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.livestrong.com/article/490...

4) 8 Ways Magnesium Relieves Anxiety and Stress | Be Brain Fit. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://bebrainfit.com/magnesium-anxi...

5) How Magnesium Can Help You Sleep. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.healthline.com/nutrition/m...

6) The effect of magnesium supplementation on primary insomnia in elderly: A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. - PubMed - NCBI. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...

7) Magnesium deficiency induces anxiety and HPA axis dysregulation: Modulation by therapeutic drug treatment. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...

9. searcher

Advanced Training Philosophy - Train Beyond Technique!
    Tao Of Kung Fu

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    Building skills constantly is important, physical and mental training will push success beyond imagination. Today I had a great session on the beach and thought I would share a couple of my mindset beliefs.
    Enjoy!

10. searcher

THE ULTIMATE GLUTE & HAMSTRING WORKOUT | EPIC CHEAT MEAL
    Jessica Arevalo

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    Hope you all enjoy this vlog! This is one of these best glute hamstring workouts I have ever done! I still can't sit on my butt lol! I also show you all my day and the epic cheat meal I have!:)

11. searcher

BEDROOM BOOTY WORKOUT
    Stephanie Mac

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    Hey babes!
    Today I have a Booty Workout that can be done anywhere. You don't need a lot of space for this workout and the only thing you need is some ankle weights!
    I hope you enjoy the workout! If you have any questions, comment bellow and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Thank you all for watching! ❤︎ ❤︎

12. searcher

Functional Training: Compound vs Isolation vs Calisthenics
    The Bioneer

Published on Jul 26, 2017
    Blog: http://www.thebioneer.com
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thebioneer
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thebioneer
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thebioneer

Most people are under the impression that compound exercises are best for functional strength. In this video, I explain why that is true... and also why it isn't!

The short version: compound movements (deadlift, squat, bench press) use more muscles in unison, yes. Compound movements also more closely resemble the way we move naturally and the '7 primal movements'.

However, isolation exercises allow you to much more closely focus on one muscle, to reach and pass failure and to utilize intensity techniques like drop sets or cheats. This creates more microtears, more sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and greater mind-muscle connection. It improves endurance and it allows you to fix weak links in your chain for greater all-round strength.

And anyway, deadlifts don't really mimic the way we move in the wild! We would never have to pick up a straight bar with perfect form. In the wild, every single movement is unique. Every tree branch, every rock, every patch of ground - different widths, different angles and different challenges. Calisthetnics (and perhaps kettlebells etc.) come closest to mimicking this. Truly functional strength is *adaptable* strength.

This is why I personally believe a good training program should incorporate all three kinds of training! Let me know your thoughts on the matter :-)

13. searcher

14. searcher

How To Get 10 times As Much Done In HALF The Time! (AMAZING)
    Brandon Carter

Published on Nov 10, 2017

yo what up what up. In this video, i interview Cal Newport. Author of "Deep Work". This book really helped me out when i was in a stressful state last year with my business. After reading this book, this helped me increase productivity like crazy and my business ended up doing way better than expected!

Be sure you guys check out this book. It'll really help you get more shit done. Remember, do all that can be done each day.

15. searcher

The Reason Mike Matarazzo Was King Of Gold's Gym | Storytime With Gregg Valentino
    Generation Iron Fitness & Bodybuilding Network

Mike Matarazzo was a bodybuilder well known and held to high regard. Known for his amazing calves - the pro bodybuilder sadly passed away in 2014. Gregg Valentino was someone who had the pleasure of known Mike during his prime and, of course, has some good and memorable stories to tell. True to Gregg Valentino tradition - this story contains farts and some hilariously shocking content... but also showcases the fun loving and good nature of the late Mike Matarazzo.

So let's celebrate the life lived of this great pro bodybuilder by remembering along with Gregg a story that many probably have never heard - an additional new memory to add to the legacy of Mike Matarazzo. Check it out above!

Bodybuilding, fitness, weight training - all on the Generation Iron Fitness Network!

16. searcher

Train HARD(ER)
    CaliforniaStrength

Not every practice goes according to plan, but the effort you put in when everything goes wrong is what makes the session a success!

This is REAL training. Train Hard.

17. searcher

International Society of Sports Nutrition Expert Q&A
    Bodybuilding.com

Streamed live 3 hours ago
    Join us for a live International Society of Sports Nutrition Expert Round Table Q&A with Darryn Willoughby, Douglas Kalman, and Daniel Newmire! Some of the greatest minds in sports nutrition come together to talk about the science behind supplements.
    Shop Bodybuilding.com ► http://bbcom.me/2ArnHbe
    Muscle-Building Supplements ► http://bbcom.me/2Asyvpm

| The Experts |
    Darryn Willoughby PhD - Baylor University
    Doug Kalman PhD RD - Miami Research Associates
    Dan Newmire PhD - Texas A&M

18. searcher

Arnold's Training Partners
    Nick's Strength and Power

In this video I wanted to take a look at all of Arnold's Golden Era training partners, especially some of the lesser known ones.

19. searcher

10 Ways To BOOST ENERGY And Increase Self Motivation
    Raiken Profit

FREE BOOK - 100 AMAZING ITEMS TO RESELL ONLINE
    http://greenroomuniversity.com/100book

In this video I share 10 ways to boost energy, increase self motivation, and how to be less tired to create the life of your dreams. If you're looking for ways to not be tired then this video will help you greatly.

★☆★ VIEW THE BLOG POST: ★☆★

http://raikenprofit.com/blog

★☆★ LISTEN ON ITUNES ★☆★
    http://raikenprofit.com/itunes

★☆★ SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON YOUTUBE: ★☆★

https://www.youtube.com/user/stevera88

20. searcher

Top 2 Broomstick Exercises to Fix Your Poor Posture Strengthening Rhomboids - Dr Alan Mandell, DC
    motivationaldoc

These are 2 of my favorite videos that you can start doing with a broomstick that's laying around your house. These 2 exercises will strengthen the weakened rhomboids that are located between the shoulder blades, which are causing your poor posture (forward rounded shoulders).

21. searcher

Giants Live Sweden 2017 Athletes
    Official Strongman

Quick interviews with 3 of the strongmen competing for Giants Live places at Giants Live Sweden. Live stream at giants-live.com - you can buy the stream, rewind and watch during and after the event

22. searcher

ПЛАСТИЧНОЕ БОДРОЕ УТРО / Утренняя зарядка для повышения тонуса
    Plastic chipping morning/morning charger to improve tone
    Olga Sagay

Published on Nov. 11, 2017

A morning set of exercises that will help bring your body to the tone after sleep. Use these exercises to warm the body and unlock the joints stretch your feet and hull muscles, boost your deep back muscles, strengthen your buttocks and thighs, get rid of the pain and discomfort in your lumbar, strengthen your hands, and open your chest, develop Coordination and balance skills, improve spine condition, gain a sense of cheerfulness, ease, and energy saturation.

23. searcher

Yoga For Musicians | Yoga With Adriene
    Yoga With Adriene

Published on Nov 12, 2017
    Yoga For Musicians is the title but this 25 min practice will serve anyone seeking to improve posture and gain awareness in breath and body. Adriene teaches a mindful and therapeutic practice, inviting efficient movement. Breathe deep, take this time to ground and support. Balance out your energetic body while tending to your physical wellbeing. This fun Yoga With Adriene practice targets the neck, shoulders, upper back body, arms, wrists and hands while tapping into foundational movement from the core.

Let me know how it goes down below! Please subscribe to the channel if you haven't already and ENJOY!

More at www.yogawithadriene.com
    Twitter: @yogawithadriene
    Instagram: @adrienelouise
    Facebook: Yoga With Adriene

24. searcher

Martial Arts and a Meal with Wing Chun Sifu Gary Lam and Catherine Ho
    Jetli_Com

Published on Oct 28, 2017
    Alfred Hsing and Catherine Ho embark to meet legendary Wing Chun master Sifu Gary Lam to talk about about life, food, philosophy, and culture.

01:13 Martial Arts and a Meal with Sifu Gary Lam
    05:57 Technique 1 - Inside Pak Sau
    06:27 Technique 2 - Surprise Backfist
    07:13 Technique 3 - Tan Lap Sau Fong Hau
    08:04 Advance Technique
    09:33 Fight with Sifu Gary Lam

SUBSCRIBE to our channel: https://go.jetli.com/2pMCJUU

FOLLOW JETLI.COM
    More Story: https://go.jetli.com/2llxs4b
    More Photos: https://go.jetli.com/2sQeKac
    Engage with Us: https://go.jetli.com/2pGaDfw

25. searcher

U.S Marine Attempts ARMY RANGER PFT
    NavaTheBeast

Published on Nov 8, 2017
    Can a United States Marine endure the Army Ranger Physical Fitness Test? This time we're attempting the Army Ranger fitness test which includes the following:

▶️ http://www.fuegosupps.com

Code "Nava" save 10% (November 10,2017)

100 Push-Ups (Full Range)
    100 Crunches (Full Range)
    20 Chin ups (Full Range)
    5 Miles in under 40 Mins

This workout is brutal and highly recommend you take all safety precautions before attempting it, not going to lie was about to faint during that run lol. Anyways guys, this video is dedicated to all the Veterans who have served this amazing Country of ours! Be sure to thank a Veteran Near you, Anyways love you all and thank you so much for the constant support. It truly means a lot to me, comment #FUEGO if you are still reading to this point lol. Anyways stay hungry, stay humble! The Fuego Energy Movement is coming this November 10th, 2017. Be sure to PRE-ORDER yours! Limited stock!

26. searcher

WORKOUT WITH KAI GREENE AT ZOO CULTURE
    Bradley Martyn

Published on Nov 11, 2017

27. searcher

28. searcher

Full Day Of Eating To Get JACKED | 7 Tips For BIGGER Arms | BarbarianLife Ep.1
    BarbarianBody

FREE Physique Building Quiz ► https://goo.gl/DC6yxc
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Today I’ll be walking you through everything I’ll be eating today to get jacked, build muscle, and get lean AF!! In addition, I’ll also be sharing with you 7 KILLER tips for growing your arms, as well as walking you through a day in my life. We’ll be decorating a Christmas Tree together, crushing several meals, and blasting the Biceps and Triceps with my current Arm routine! Welcome to BarbarianLife Ep.1

29. searcher

MAKING MAJOR CHANGES TO BARBELL BRIGADE GYM: CEO's Corner (Episode 8)
    Barbell Brigade

30. searcher

#26 - Barbell Logic Extra: Training to Survive Cancer with John Wilson
    Barbell Logic

Matt and Scott talk to WFAC member John Wilson about training with something heavier than iron, a Stage IV kidney cancer diagnosis.

31. searcher

The Hidden Genius Behind The Simpsons (Boxing Episode)
    Boxing Legends TV

BLTV takes a look at the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a boxer. A staggering amount of references to movies and real life events.

32. searcher

Joe Weider Training Principles - Train Like a Classic Bodybuilder!
    The Bioneer

Published on Nov 6, 2017
    Blog: http://www.thebioneer.com
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thebioneer
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thebioneer
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thebioneer

Hey there guys! Today I'm talking to you about the Joe Weider Principles. These are the principles that media mogul Joe Weider learned through observing some of the all-time great bodybuilders of the golden era: the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Frank Zane, Franco Columbu, Lou Ferrigno, Sergio Oliva...

The Joe Weider Training Principles consist of techniques like the drop set, the mechanical drop set, rest-pause, iso-tension, pre-exhausts and numerous others that can help you to get a much more intensive and effective workout. Here I share a whole bunch and discuss a little of his influence on the modern health industry.

33. searcher

BECOMING ARNOLD for the MOVIE
    Calum von Moger

34. searcher

Best Rep Tempo When Lifting
    Chandler Marchman

Best Rep Tempo When Lifting
    In this video, Coach MANdler discusses the best rep tempo to use when lifting to help maximize the speed and degree of your gains.

Join the 30-Day Anabolic ReBoot Early Bird List (and get 20% Off):
    ► marchmanstrength.com/30-day-anabolic-reboot-ebl/

Follow Coach MANdler on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/coachmandler/

Subscribe to our channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/goelitesc

35. searcher

When Is It OK to FIGHT?
    Criticalbench

REAL Life Self Defense
    http://www.REALlifeDefense.com

How to Be READY for Anything - FREE pdf
    http://www.criticalbench.com/ready

Life is unpredictable. And life can be scary at times. Tactical Training Specialist and Former Executive Bodyguard Mike Gillette knows a few things about facing dangerous situations and how to survive them. He has faced many of them in his life...

These days we've seen our share of frightening news stories where dangerous people threaten the safety and well being of innocent men, women and children. It's important to know how to defend yourself and the lives of those you love. You must know when it's OKAY to fight and when it's not. Find out from Mike what the difference is.

The Psychology of Strength with Mike Gillette
    http://www.criticalbench.com/growth/p...

5 Ways to Become Tough as Nails - FREE report
    http://www.criticalbench.com/tough/

Subscribe to Our Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

36. searcher

How to AVOID a Fight
    Criticalbench

Published on Nov 12, 2017
    REAL Life Self Defense
    http://www.REALlifeDefense.com

How to Be READY for Anything - FREE pdf
    http://www.criticalbench.com/ready

Life is unpredictable. And life can be scary at times. Tactical Training Specialist and Former Executive Bodyguard Mike Gillette knows a few things about facing dangerous situations and how to survive them. He has faced many of them in his life...

These days we've seen our share of frightening news stories where dangerous people threaten the safety and well being of innocent men, women and children. It's important to know how to defend yourself and the lives of those you love. You must know when it's OKAY to fight and when it's time to AVOID a fight altogether. Find out from Mike Gillette what to do should you find yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.

The Psychology of Strength with Mike Gillette

5 Ways to Become Tough as Nails - FREE report
    http://www.criticalbench.com/tough/

37. searcher

Top 6 Lower Body Exercises for BAD Knees
    Criticalbench

Published on Nov 6, 2017
    FREE pdf - The 5-Minute Glute Workout
    http://www.criticalbench.com/glutes/

Here are the TOP 5 lower body exercises for bad knees. Having bad knees could be the result of an old sports injury, a traumatic recent injury, lack of use and the list goes on and on...While there are literally 100 great leg exercises for men and women with and without weights, if you have bad knees, there are several exercises to avoid.

Strength coach Brian Klepacki, MS, CSCS picked these 6 as the most beneficial and best overall for people looking to get stronger, healthier legs without the risk of injury due to chronically bad knees.

The TOP 6 Lower Body Exercises for People with Bad Knees are:
    Mini Band Walk, Mini Band Side Step, Stiff Leg Deadlift, Hip Thrusts, Donkey Kicks, Wall Sits

Here are a few of Brian's TOP leg training and lower body workout videos for when those knees are feeling better, https://youtu.be/5O2KEoFH_po and https://youtu.be/ilF_iVyukNI

#1 Way to UNLOCK Your Tight Hip Flexors

38. searcher

What it's like to train legs at the Mecca of Bodybuilding | Create Your Life EP. 15
    Emily Hayden

Published on Nov 7, 2017
    Don't forget to comment below your experience, and also check out the instagram post I refer to.

In today's video I take you through a leg / glute workout, very raw format so you can actually train with me ;) . xo

Video Filmed/Edited by: @TheRamboRios

WWW.EMILYHAYDENFITNESS.COM

39. searcher

EAT foods you love in large quantities | Create Your Life EP. 16
    Emily Hayden

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    In this video I take you to TWO weddings in one day then make my way back home to California where we have a special guest: the Flexible Dieting Lifestyle AKA Zach, come cook for us! Thank you for watching!

40. searcher

Gorgeous Christmas Abbott|Crossfit Workout Motivation|
    Female Motivation

Published on Nov 9, 2017