1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for the budding prepper under $75

Discussion in 'Survival (Preps & Homestead)' started by Agavegirl1, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Silver Miner Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

You will not believe me if I told you.
    I have a son in law to buy for that is a budding young prepper but already had the property appropriate for his purpose. When I bought the family a 72 hour emergency food supply and 5 gallon water container for Christmas one year, he felt it appropriate to share that he and my daughter we also on the same page. We have our "Christmas" on January 8 this year and daughter mentioned "prepper food, tools or supplies" for his with list. My limit per kid is $75. Any suggestions? They have a home, land, fireplace and some food preps. I was thinking light sources or more water collection/storage. Any ideas?

2. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    I'm thinking seeds for a garden as they are kinda/sorta a gift that keeps on giving.

3. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

For price, calories, and longevity, rice is pretty good. Soy sauce is a good flavoring.With a tiny budget, mac & cheese might be a good buy, as it will probably be used very slowly, but ready to use in an emergency.

4. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

Gardening tools.
    Solar power source to charge 12 volt battery. Inverter.
    Warm weather gear.
    good 1st aid kit.
    two way radios.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    i have done portable water filtration......IE ..life straws..tons of options n pricing etc...

good for preppers.....good for hikers...great to have in car etc for emergencys...etc

pitw likes this.
  6. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Silver Miner Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

You will not believe me if I told you.
    Hmmm...good ideas here. I think I have the makings of a good "combo package" of heirloom seeds (already have them), mac and cheese, one of my mainstay sides, seasonings for his other preps, and some other ideas.

FYI...kids live on a homestead of hundreds of acres. Wildlife is there. They have two little boys. The property is perfect but too huge for solar. They have wood but that is it. They are over reliant on electricity now but I can't afford to change them out. I have ideas now. That is helpful. Love the communication idea.

7. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    2 or 3 of those high intensity cree t6 headlights you see on ebay are always a good present, you can never have enough torches and the headlamps leave you hands free.
    Too late for this xmass of course

Son of Gloin likes this.