1. Metals take a breather and stocks search for direction
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tuesday Morning! Gold is down 1.7 to 1254, while Silver is down 2 to 18.08. Crude is up 40 to 48.13. The USD is +14 to 99.12.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/25/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1248.50-- UP 18.30 Silver $17.75-- UP 34 Oil $47.97-- DOWN 134 TICS USD $99.42 -- DOWN 66 tics

GIM2 EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS

Discussion in 'Library and Editorials' started by BarnacleBob, Jan 15, 2013.

1. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Times are quickly changing... "US government report recommends blocking popular websites during pandemic flu outbreak" (10/30/2009)

http://m.naturalnews.com/news/027364...c_traffic.html

Needless to say in a declared OFFICIAL EMERGENCY, either real or imaginated, TPTB have devised protocols to shut down and\or censor access to certain "popular" websites..... The preferred method of censorship is terminating the DOMAIN NAME SERVERS (DNS) that route DOMAIN NAMES. If this method of censorship should occur, listed below are the emergency protocols to access this or any other website.....

1.) First you should file & save the actual static Internet Protocol (IP) ADDRESS of GIM2..... which is: 174.37.190.165

2.) Next, insure there is a current and operating E-mail address in our system which allows us to contact you in case of further developments throughout an emergency...

3.) Windows Users: When loading the site with just the IP in the address bar of the browser, the site will not usually load properly. If you add the domain name and the IP to the "hosts file" it will load properly. The file is: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts next add this line (the IP address) then www.goldismoney2.com goldismoney2.com Once this is added the site should load & operate properly even if the DNS server is terminated or removed. ONLY add the "host file" entry if you MUST in an emergency....

4.) DNS LOOK-UP of any site may be accomplished by accessing the windows command prompt (C: ) from any Windows PC. For example at the command prompt type C:\>nslookup www.yahoo.com ....or....

5.) You may use a reverse IP LOOKUP to locate IP Adresses for your favorite sites. The reverse IP LOOKUP allows you to enter a sites Domain Name then it provides the IP address... there are many reverse lookup sites available, I have provided two for your convenience: http://domaintz.com/tools/reverse-ip/ ....and.... http://www.domaintools.com/research/reverse-ip/

6.) "If you stay ready, you dont have to get ready." It is highly suggestable that you NOW locate and file away your favorite web sites IP addresses in the event DNS services are shut down in a declared emergency.....

7.) Most of the information contained herein was gathered from several websites that are preparing for Internet censorship.... Members that possess greater computer & web technical skills PLEASE employ your talents & knowledge by providing the membership with additional info that may help serve us WHEN DNS is terminated.

8.) This thread is posted for discussing TECHNICAL "work arounds" that will allow us access to GIM2 in an emergency situation. Therefor please limit the discussion to the subject matter ONLY. Be forewarned, political, economic, financial or religious content will be deleted from this thread immediately. 9.) CAVEAT: I am not responsible nor are any other members responsible for providing the content for the use or misuse of any of the information contained herein... presented for entertainment purposes only. DYODD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  2. Strawboss

Strawboss Intergalactic Silver Guru Gold Chaser

IT Consulting
    Can someone knowledgeable show some screenshots of the step by step? That would help tremendously.

Goldhedge likes this.
  3. BarnacleBob

How To Bypass Internet Censorship And Filters: A Guide To Circumvention Technologies And Anonymous Browsing Bypassing internet filters, circumventing internet censorship blocks, sidestepping forced filtering by commercial internet filtering software are the key focus topics of this depth-guide to internet circumvention issues, tools and technologies. http://www.masternewmedia.org/priva...filters-anonymous-browsing-guide-20071118.htm

4. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

pre-64' likes this.
  5. honu5050

honu5050 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

nunya
    I keep tripin on the strings attached to the tin cans.

BUILT TO LAST likes this.
  6. brosil

brosil Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Thanks for the reverse lookup sites. I've been meaning to do a backup for some time and now I finally have.

7. MImilitia

MImilitia Seeker Seeker

What about a ".onion" site that one can reach through tor?

8. Ronnie Mexico

Ronnie Mexico Seeker Seeker

Soldier of Fortune
    Only people who've got something really messed up/dangerous/sick/illegal things to hide use a tor network. .onion pages are more than likely to be monitored by government agencies rather than a plain .com domain. It just draws unwanted attention and is likely a magnet for people who'd love to go further than just discussing gold/silver and politics. As in, dangerous nutjobs.

9. brosil

brosil Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I occasionally visit a blog called The Gates Of Vienna. Google just took it down. I didn't save the addy. I don't know if that would have helped.

10. gonzo

gonzo Gold Member Gold Chaser

I am SHOCKED that GIM or TPTB let you post this information out in the open, this is stuff that is usually not allowed to get out to just ordinary people, only those with special training and high INFOSEC/COMMSEC clearance classification are allowed to have some of this information. Oh, I just noticed it was edited by someone, they took out the stuff that isnt supposed to be seen, carry on.

11. BarnacleBob

12. BarnacleBob

13. topcommand

topcommand New Member

Uhhh...to be honest I higly doubt this is how the government would choose to block access to "certain popular sites". I am just going to attack each of these points.

Needless to say in a declared OFFICIAL EMERGENCY, either real or imaginated, TPTB have devised protocols to shut down and\or censor access to certain "popular" websites..... The preferred method of censorship is terminating the DOMAIN NAME SERVERS (DNS) that route DOMAIN NAMES. If this method of censorship should occur, listed below are the emergency protocols to access this or any other website.....

Okay so the government is going to "terminate the DNS servers that route the domain names." Okay I guess this sounds good if you don't know that there are thousands of DNS servers worldwide. Each ISP has multiple DNS servers. Your computer gets told to use these DNS servers usually via DHCP. Besides these servers ,there exist numerous other DNS servers. Almost all major companies have their own DNS servers for security reasons. Then there is also people like me who run their own DNS servers on their home local network. Then there is also the numerous other people who provide public DNS servers such as Google. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/ So in order for this to really have any impact they would have to terminate access to ALLLLL of these servers which is impossible for them to do.

1.) First you should file & save the actual static Internet Protocol (IP) ADDRESS of GIM2..... which is: 174.37.190.165
    Okay so this is a good place to start if they actually did managed to do what I just said they could never do.

2.) Next, insure there is a current and operating E-mail address in our system which allows us to contact you in case of further developments throughout an emergency...
    Okay but if they managed to do what you just said they would, then an email address would be useless because it uses DNS names... @gmail.com, @charter.net, @comcast.net etc, etc, etc.....

3.) Windows Users: When loading the site with just the IP in the address bar of the browser, the site will not usually load properly. If you add the domain name and the IP to the "hosts file" it will load properly. The file is: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts next add this line (the IP address) then www.goldismoney2.com goldismoney2.com Once this is added the site should load & operate properly even if the DNS server is terminated or removed. ONLY add the "host file" entry if you MUST in an emergency....
    Okay this is pretty accurate information but again they would never manage to shut down all the DNS servers.

4.) DNS LOOK-UP of any site may be accomplished by accessing the windows command prompt (C: ) from any Windows PC. For example at the command prompt type C:\>nslookup www.yahoo.com ....or....
    Okay, this works now but won't work if the manage to do what you say they would do, which they won't, because they can't.

Okay ill just summarize here. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. This whole thing is made on the assumption that there is one MASTER, MOTHER OF GOD, DNS SERVER and that if they shut down this DNS server then all of the sudden people cant resolve the domain names to their favorite sites. This isn't how the Internet works. There is numerous easier methods that "TPTB" can use to block access to certain sites, and using these other methods there would be nothing you could do to get access to the site.

pre-64' likes this.
  14. Brio

Brio Midas Member Midas Member

Commotion Wireless

From WRH:
    P2Pi :coolbeer:

15. honu5050

honu5050 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

nunya
    I'm sending smoke signals :smokin:

16. NewBob

NewBob Seeker Seeker

You could do this now and you'd never know if the DNS servers went down (unless GIM changed their host)

Edit your hosts file (probably C:/windows/system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add an entry that says (don't type the parentheses and tabs, I mean for you to use the tab key):

174.37.190.165 (tab) (tab) www.goldismoney2.com

The tricky part is finding and saving it because as I recall in Windows 7 and probably up, it is read only and hidden. Rather than go through all the steps to do that, I found a web page that documents it: http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/

I also think the IP address is different now because a lookup shows 198.1.90.223. Meaning that's probably the number to put in above.

17. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

So it's on a new IP (198.1.90.223) I suspect it's on a new port too(it's not on 80). So unless you tell us which port it's on we're fvcked.

18. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

What do we do during a EMP?:p

19. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Guess what folks --- even GIM is part of the MATRIX :idea: ---- reality is many things at many levels not just the ones we percieve!:thumbs_up::cheerful:

"ALL is ONE" --- good bad left right any way you chose to see or percieve or even if you don't and chose to be oblivious!:cheerful:

IF we comunicated with out words and actions --- just our thoughts --- there could be and would not be any confusion of intentions to decieve misdirect or try to gain unfair advantage.:idea:

That realy could be TEOTWAWKI :idea: ---- HUMmmmmmmmmmmm :bowdown::cheerful:

the DUCK:s9: